Would I be a bad person for wanting polygamy?

HeartTranquil

From what I can tell, er...well the long story short of it is that FE would become laughing stock, from what I feel is the ..general audience.

Seeing how people are already opposed to some of the already implemented things, this would probably explode into all sorts of insanity.

It would not be a bad thing really but it would fuck up the endings and I can already see the amount of backlash and whining.

Also the Avatar would be beyond OP.

When suddenly, Mormon Emblem.

But seriously, that would not be the right way to go about things and would, as mentioned above, deal a blow to the series' reputation, as polygamy itself is typically frowned upon.

But Garon had concubines. And this is set in an age where polygamy is a thing no?

Among royals, yes it could be a thing. And you're not a bad person for wanting it, either. To each her own. But it's VERY unlikely.

If they did implement it, I'd just marry one character myself...

I'd be fine with it, personally, but I know for a fact the majority of the FE fandom would just get up and leave then.

For FEif in particular, I'm probably just going to A-Rank a couple of girls, never marry, and live with the bonuses like that, same as Awakening.

I don't care much for Kanna, so I'd be okay with giving up my paired ending tbh, but hey, that's just me, and I'm already odd.

waifu harem life is the best life

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

Polygamy as been a male thing but I think there were instances in history where a female leader/queen whatever had a bunch of husbands? xD

Anyway just a thought that randomly popped up in my mind. I don't really like loading and reloading and reloading just to see how a bunch of S-supports turn out so "polygamy" was the only thing I can turn to. When I s-rank someone, I wanna do it for the entire game play through - I'm gonna lose so much sleep over this game.

That would make the fandom even more disrupted than it already is

To be honest though, and to answer your question, that doesn´t make you bad or anything. I just doubt it would ever be implemented.

Should it be, a good part of the fans would stop playing. I personally wouldn´t mind it, but I dont think I would use it.

Edited by Solaris115

I hope they won't implement it, I'm okay with same-sex marriage but not this X"D
Well, although if they do implement it, I won't be taking use of that feature just because.

Well of course I'd LIKE to have it (I can marry all my biases at once without having to do multiple playthroughs) but alas, that would be societally problematic and make the story very complicated, to say the least lol. If you really wanted to, you can always write your own novelization and customize it to however you want :) And get rid of sad things that happen in the plot and make happy endings

Edited by mewyeon

But Garon had concubines. And this is set in an age where polygamy is a thing no?

He's also not really supposed to be a character you idolize...

You can give it a few years, because simply looking up the word "polygamy" brought up a handful of articles already pushing for it now that gay marriage has been legalized. All I have to say should that happen is "Man, am I glad I never took an interest in relationships".

Haven't you heard ? Having more than one waifu will ruin your laifu.

Still, it is a good argument, Lobster dad and Ganon must had multiple wives/concubines in the past, and judging by the age of their children (and the numbers), they must have been very trigger happy with quite a bit of women.

Of course, those two are probably not the best example of humain being.

Haven't you heard ? Having more than one waifu will ruin your laifu.

Still, it is a good argument, Lobster dad and Ganon must had multiple wives/concubines in the past, and judging by the age of their children (and the numbers), they must have been very trigger happy with quite a bit of women.

Of course, those two are probably not the best example of humain being.

The Hoshidan siblings are all from the same mother and father, I believe.

--------------------------------------

I wouldn't want polygamy in the game, personally. I feel like it would kind of ruin the game a bit.

I think it's nice for support grinding, but storywise.......... it probably won't fit in.

Not to mention if you hog all the supports, other people won't get any husbands/wives LOL.

And the children will cease to exist. (Depending on if they're based on the father or mother, ofc.)