Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Since we're in the topic of pairings, I'll go ahead and post what I've planned so far:

Hinoka!Matoi

Oboro!Mitama

Mozume!Midoriko

Camilla!Shinonome

Orochi!Shara

Elise!Ophelia

Nyx!Eponine

Most of those have been talked about alot and I do feel like they're fairly optimal (the only one I haven't seen much on is AsamaxOboro, but both mods and classes seems to compliment Mitama well). I'd like to hear some input on what to do with the remaining characters (IK pairings allowed, obviously), mostly in order to optimize Deere, Siegbert, Kisaragi, Shigure, Lutz and Kinu, since they're some of my favourite child units, design-wise anyway. I might end up marrying my Avatar to Flora, so I'd rather you didn't include him but any opinions are appreciated!

EDIT: Also, stirring away from this, what would you do with Rinkah, Flora and Anna in order to make the best out of them? I'm babying them for a while, even if multiple playthroughs are needed (for skills through the Logbook). I feel as if either Shura or Blacksmith (basically an Oni Savage promotion) for Rinkah, either Maid or Hero for Flora and Adventurer for Anna are the classes I'd like to go with.

Edited by LiquidDefiance

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also note:If your Avatar marries Orochi or any female that is not a child or Kamuisexual, you will miss out on a child.

That is my evil plan: Tsukuyomi gets a permanent chastity belt

Before I go on, what happens if you just de-equip every skill besides ice blood? Will nothing pass down?

Alright, so this is mostly me laying this stuff out. These are based on what I like and supports so I probably won't change them, but feel free to offer class advice and correct my wrong information.

Let's start with Hoshido:

+Spd-Lck Avatar x Orochi

Kanna 0/3/5/3/-1/-1/2

-Dark Princess

-Bowman (from Avatar's second class)

-Spellcaster

Most likely going Exorcist or TF!Dark Blood

Ryouma x Kagerou

Shinonome 5/1/2/1/2/-2/0

Lancer

Samurai

Ninja

Seems like he'd make a great Holy Lancer or Elite Ninja

Takumi x Oboro

Kisaragi 3/0/5/0/1/2/-2

Bowman

Lancer

Herb Merchant

I don't know if this is right because their classes overlap a lot. I'd assume he'd go Holy Bowman

Saizou x Sakura

Grey 2/3/3/0/1/1/-1

Ninja

Samurai

Priest

Surprisingly balanced stats. I don't really know where to go classwise, probably just Elite Ninja

Hinata x Setsuna

Hisame 2/1/1/2/0/2/0

Samurai

Oni Savage

Bowman

Pretty meh stats. Will probably just go Trueblade

Nishiki x Hinoka

Kinu 3/0/-3/4/2/-2/5

Kitsune

Spellcaster

Pegasus Warrior

Wow that skill and wow that resistance other than that pretty normal

Tsubaki x Hana

Matoi 1/1/4/1/-1/1/2

Pegasus Warrior

Samurai

Priestess

I guess it just makes up for Tsubaki's atrocious mods. she'll be able to marriage seal into Lancer from Shinonome to grab Lancefaire and Breaking Sky before she goes back to Falcon Warrior or Golden Kite.

Asama x Rinkah

Mitama 2/-2/-1/3/1/3/1

Priestess

Herb Merchant

Oni Savage

tbh I'm glad she gets Oni because she'll make a far better Shura or Blacksmith than Priestess. Like why the hell does Asama have -3 magic

Jakob x Felicia

Deere 1/1/3/2/0/0/1

Rod Knight

Cavalier (he's like Brady omg)

Mercenary

Honestly really boring mods, but good skill set so I guess it's whatever

Cyrus x Mozume

Sophie 2/1/4/2/1/1/-2

Cavalier

Mercenary

Bowman

good class set, decent mods

Kaze x Azura

Midoriko -1/1/4/7/-1/-3/2

Herb Merchant

Ninja

Pegasus Warrior

Shigure -1/1/4/7/-1/-3/2

Pegasus Warrior

Ninja

Samurai

glass cannons/10

will do nohr in a bit

Edited by Duck

Just so you know, Mozume passes down Villager.So Sophie would have:

Cavalier

Mercenary

Villager

She would not get Bowman.

Okay, I did some further thinking and have come up with Nohrian pairings….

1. Odin x Elise --> Ophelia

Odin: Dark Mage/Samurai/Rod Knight --> Gets more magical options, including tome breaker, which can be carried over to other classes

Elise: Rod Knight/Wyvern/Dark Mage ---> Gets Sorcerer for if you want to turn her into a magical attacker… can also get Magic Seal

Ophelia: Dark Mage/Samurai/Rod Knight; +0 Str, +5 Mag, +0 Skl, +1 Spd, +3 Lck, -2 Def, +1 Res

I basically agree with the earlier praises of this pairing from a gameplay standpoint

2. Lazward x Luna --> Soleil

Lazward: Mercenary/Ninja/Pegasus

Luna: Mercenary/Pegasus/Ninja

Soleil: Mercenary/Ninja/Pegasus; +1 Str, +1 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Lck, +1 Def, +0 Res

Some of the earlier discussion of Swallow Strike Ninjas (or Heros, or really any other fast class) applies here. Also,

I shipped Inigo and Severa in Awakening

She has bland mods, but at least there are no weaknesses and positive speed, which works for a swallow strike build.

3. Zero x Pieri --> Eponine

Zero: Outlaw/Dark Mage/Cavalier -> Gets access to an attack proc

Pieri: Cavalier/Dark Mage/Outlaw

Eponnine: Outlaw/Dark Mage/Cavalier; +0 Str, +1 Mag, -1 Skl, +5 Spd, +1 Lck, -1 Def, +4 Res

Zero, Pieri, and Eponine all have pretty good resistance growth, so this builds upon the idea. Eponine would probably do very well as a Bow Knight or a Cavalier… 32 + 4 = 36 resistance. And That would also give her 38 or 35 speed. She also gets Luna. Bow Knight is convenient a promotion of her starting class.

4. Arthur x Camilla --> Lutz

Arthur: Fighter/Cavalier/Wyvern --> Wyvern is another class where he can use Axes/Axefaire

Camilla: Wyvern/Dark Mage/Fighter --> Gets access to a faire (Axefaire), more HP (for tanking, from HP +5), as well as Sol/Axebreaker axes (Fighter/Hero can use Axes, so she also gets to keep weapon levels while learning this)

Lutz: Wyvern/Fighter/Dark Mage; +3 Str, +0 Mag, +5 Skl, +2 Spd, -4 Lck, +3 Def, +0 Res

Lutz probably would ignore Dark Mage for the most part, as an Axefaire Wyvern Lord can already cover much of what he'd probably want to do.

Arthur and Lutz also both gain access to Rally Strength + Rally Defense (Berserker and Wyvern Lord). Lutz takes a -4 luck penalty, but his personal skill gives him 5 crit evade, so his actual likelihood of getting critted is the same as a character with a +1 luck mod.

5. Benoit x Belka

Another person used this… this one is basically forced to use Defensive Formation (limited damage output)… but its an intentional sacrifice in order to help the others be more impressive in exchange

Benoit: Knight/Fighter/Wyvern

Belka: Wyvern/Fighter/Knight

Ignis: Knight/Fighter/Wyvern; +0 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, -4 Spd, +6 Def, +1 Res

-4 speed means that offenses will be perpetually terrible (inability to realistically double, plus needing Defensive formation) and it might be hard leveling them up long enough to get Defensive formation. But if they do, Ignis will have an extremely high defense, plus higher skill for more Pavise activations.

All three members of the family get the Wyvern/Fighter combination that allows for Rally Strength + Rally Defense. Also, Defensive Formation will help make them better tanks, considering all of them have bad -SPD mods (-3, -2, and -4).

But this really is a sacrifice so that they don't drag down other pairings.

6. Leo x Nyx --> Foleo

Leo: Dark Mage/Rod Knight/Outlaw

Nyx: Dark Mage/Outlaw/Rod Knight --> Gets another magic class in the Strategist

Foleo: Rod Knight/Dark Mage/Outlaw --> -1 Str, +6 Mag, -1 Skl, +1 Spd, +0 Lck, -1 Def, +4 Res

High magic, positive speed mod.

7. Flannel x Effie:

Flannel: Garou/Fighter/Knight --> Gets Luna access

Effie: Knight/Rod Knight/Fighter --> Gets to use her super strength with Berserker (and she already has Luna access)

Velour: Garou/Fighter/Knight; + 7 Str, +1 Mag, -2 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, +2 Def, -1 Res

Velour gets extremely high attack and access to Luna. Slight positive speed mod. Skill could use improvement, but oh well.

8. Xander x Charlotte --> Siegbert

Xander: Cavalier/Wyvern/Fighter --> Rally Strength/Rally Defense combo possible, although he probably won't use it…. more notably, Fighter gives him access to both HP +5 and Sol (from Fighter and its Hero promotion), both of which help emphasize his tanky role… he can even abuse 1-2 range Sol with Seigfried.

Charlote: Fighter/Rod Knight/Cavalier --> Charlotte gains access to Luna through marriage to Xander

Seigbert: Cavalier/Wyvern/Fighter; +6 Str, +0 Mag, +0 Skl, +2 Spd, +3 Lck, +0 Def, -3 Res

Seigbert can do a Luna Berserker with almost the amount of attack power as Velour (trading 1 point of attack for 1 point of speed). He's also more accurate (2 more skill, 2 more luck, which should be something like +4 hit), although he has worse defenses and becomes particularly weak to magic.

He can also pull off roles like a Wyvern Lord (Axefaire, Luna), has access to Rally Strength + Defense. EDIT: HE GETS TWO BREAKER (Sword, Axe)…. I earlier said three, confusing Fighter for Mercenary… he DOES NOT get Kunaibreaker.

And I could preserve the shared character pairings from before for simplicity (Jakob x Azura, Silas x Mozume, Felicia x Kaze).

Edited by astrophys

Oh sorry

I assumed special class rules or something like that

It's fine.The only special class that does not pass down is Singer and DLC classes.

Als again, Shigure actually gets Rod Knight from Azura too cause reasons that relate to story stuff.So since Kaze is his dad, he will have:

Pegasus Warrior

Rod Knight

Ninja

Edited by Azz01

Deadly Breath + Four Fangs is a fair point… I suppose its a matter of whether you want more direct attack (Proc powered Berserker) or chip damage…

Although I have no PvP intentions, and a high attack, high speed unit with Luna may be able to achieve kills without needing chip damage…

Any further thoughts….

Edited by astrophys

I've posted some of my thoughts on Nohrian pairings three posts ago. What do people think?

... I may steal your Pieri!Eponine for my own Nohr plan. The mods actually look pretty good, and if Zero is doing captures a proc would be useful. And magic growth is... *does calcs* same as my Nyx!Midoriko, so she still might be able to pull off a mixed set well. Belka!Deere is... probably OK, and if it comes to it, she can be used on Ignis since with Defensive Formation and a starting -3 modifier he really does not care about speed.

Plus, Zero/Pieri is one of his few supports that don't make me sick to my stomach, so it might work.

Edited by HeoandReo

Alright, time for Nohr

Weirdly enough, I went only with stuff I like and they somehow ended up pretty good, I think. Let's find out

+Spd-Lck Avatar x Flora

Kanna 1/-1/5/5/-1/2/1

Dark Princess

Dark Mage (Avatar's second class)

Rod Knight

A bit underwhelming, but she does get a proc (vengeance/dragon fang) and she'll be super fast and will make a great Sorcerer or Dark Blood

Zero x Pieri

Eponine 0/1/-1/5/1/-1/4

Outlaw

Dark Mage

Cavalier

Normally I like being in they're original class, but I'm thinking Sorcerer. It seems best for her with her mods and they look fucking awesome

Leon x Nyx

Foleo -1/6/-1/1/0/-1/4

Rod Knight

Dark Mage

Outlaw

Despite his looks/personality, he'll hit like a truck as a Sorcerer or Strategist or Dark Knight. I'm thinking Strategist to keep with his base class, but again, Sorcerer is a possibility

Benoit x Belka

Ignis 0/1/3/-4/1/6/1

Knight

Fighter

Wyvern Rider

So I'm thinking flying tank Wyvern Lord with Defensive Formation or just stay as general

Harold x Effie

Lutz 5/1/3/2/-2/1/-1

Wyvern Rider

Fighter

Knight

Basically the same as Ignis (probably a Wyvern Lord), but offensive instead of a tank

Odin x Elise

Ophelia 0/5/0/1/3/-2/1

Dark Mage

Samurai

Rod Knight

I love this pair so I'm glad it's pretty awesome. She'll probably be a sorcerer like half the other kids here. She can also run VV if that's still a thing

Xander x Charlotte

Siegbert 6/0/0/2/3/0/-3

Cavalier

Wyvern Rider

Fighter

tbh I could go anywhere with this and I love it

Lazward x Luna

Soleil 1/1/2/2/2/1/0

Mercenary

Ninja

Pegasus Warrior

Best couple. Also good class set, even if the mods are nothing special

Flannel x Camilla

Velour 5/0/0/1/-1/4/0

Garou

Fighter

Wyvern Rider

She seems like she'll be pretty fantastic as a Berserker if I don't keep her as a Garou. Also I'll probably marry/buddy seal her to someone with luna or breaking sky so she gets a proc

Edited by Duck

Well, I mean, technically Zero does have access to Vengeance, but given that its low HP emblem, having a proc that works even at full HP (Luna in Pieri x Zero) sounds useful.

ADDENDUM:

Thinking on SapphireFalconWing's suggestion of Camilla for Velour…

If I were to exchange Camilla and Effie's pairings in my prior list (to minimize the changes):

Arthur x Camilla --> Arthur x Effie

Arthur: Fighter/Cavalier/Knight --> class overlap in Arthur's Cavalier/Knight trees, but now he gets access to the Pavise + Aegis combo. Granted, its not good to rely on those, and with his crit prone nature he's probably not the best candidate for a tank, but its still something he can do now.

Effie: Knight/Rod Knight/Fighter --> Effie still gets Fighter/Hero/Berserker, like she was getting from Flannel in the earlier draft of my pairings

Lutz: Wyvern/Fighter/Knight; +5 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, -2 Lck, +1 Def, -1 Res

Flannel x Effie --> Flannel x Camilla

Flannel: Garou/Fighter/Wyvern --> Flannel can use Four Fangs + Deadly Breath, as well as boost his damage with Overbearing as a situation faire level boost vs. unmounted units

Camilla: Wyvern/Dark Mage/Fighter --> the same skillset Camilla would have gotten from Arthur

Velour: Garou/Fighter/Wyvern; +5 Str, +0 Mag, +0 Skl, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, +4 Def, +0 Res

Velour now can use Four Fangs and Deadly Breath to get a 40% reduction to the enemy HP after battle. She also can boost damage with Overbearing or Str +2. Camilla can pass down Bind for an accuracy improvement if she reclasses to a Sorcerer/Dark Knight first.

Your know, this may be better after all.

Edited by astrophys

I say Pieri so Lutz gets Luna and aegis to make up for the low resistance plus diamond strike for even more defense. Nyx makes an excellent magic Eponine unless you A+ and S rank for more classes also as someone said Luna can give Foleo more defense.Effie is not a bad choice for Soleil either tome breaker, Luna or pavise are pretty good.

Edited by SapphireFalconWing

What happens with a Nyx x Zero marriage seal, that said?

I mean, Zero is Outlaw & Dark Mage and Nyx is Dark Mage & Outlaw… won't they end wasting their marriage seal opportunity for class expansion?

Of course, the argument could be made that improving giving Eponine Spellcaster is a bigger benefit than a potential loss of classes (if this happens) for her parents…

Lets see… if I took your advise and moved Pieri to Arthur (leaving Zero and Effie unmarried from my earlier setups) and then moved Nyx to Zero (marrying Zero off again but now leaving Effie and Leon unmarried)….

Arthur x Pieri

Lutz:

+3 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, -2 Lck, +0 Def, +2 Res

Wyvern, Fighter, Cavalier

Arthur: Fighter, Cavalier…. and I believe his marriage seal doesn't work with Pieri, as he'd try to grab her Fighter

Pieri: Cavalier, Dark Mage, Fighter (but Pieri doesn't have the same problem with Arthur)

Zero x Nyx

Eponine:

-1 Str, +4 Mag, -2 Skl, +6 Spd, +0 Lck, -1 Def, +3 Res

Outlaw, Dark Mage, Spellcaster

Unless I'm mistaken, neither Zero nor Nyx will benefit from their marriage seal here.

Edit…. reading things over, I don't really like the Zero x Nyx support…. of course, liking it has no place in whether it is "optimal" or "not optimal"…. of course, the marriage seal issue could still be a drawback for Zero and Nyx themselves.

Now, hypothetically, if I took your advice on the pairings, here, when I've shifted around my existing pairings with these two, it leaves these spares:

Leon AND Effie

So as to not have to do more rearranging, lets see how they work together…

Leon x Effie ---> Effie!Foleo:

+2 Str, +3 Mag, +0 Skl, +0 Spd, +1 Lck, + 0 Def, +2 Res

Rod Knight, Dark Mage, Knight

Leon: Dark Mage, Rod Knight, Knight

Effie: Knight, Rod Knight, Dark Mage

Their growths work out, assuming its like Awakening, so that Foleo would have a 33.33% Str growth and a 40% Mag growth. I suppose that if he went with Dark Knight he could become a somewhat mixed unit… 53.333% Str growth and 50% magic growth… an unconventional pairing

As a Dark Knight, some of Foleo's caps would be 34 Str, 34 Mag, 34 Def, and 32 Res. Although he'd be stuck with 27 speed at caps (although its better than his dad, who is at 27-2=25). I suppose that Defensive Formation might be of some use if this pairing was done….

I'm not saying its a necessarily good pairing…. although that's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of until now..

I also suppose that Leon could establish a Pseudo Pavise+Aegis combo with such a pairing… he would be able to pick up General from Effie's Knight, which would give him Pavise access… that activates at Skill%. And Leon also has his personal tome, Brunnhilde, which has "Skill% chance of halving the enemy’s Magic".

​If I'm interpreting this correctly, this is actually BETTER than Aegis, as it would seem like the description implies it would have the magic stat BEFORE checking against Leon's resistance stat…. its the same basic reason why in FE4 the Tome of Loptyr is so good at reducing damage taken…. if the attacking stat getting halved puts it at less than the resistance stat, it would essentially bring about a no-damage situation.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the fact that Aegis defends against arrows too, which Brunhilde doesn't cover normally… still, its interesting….

So yeah, Leon could use Pavise + Brunnhilde (which doesn't consume a skill slot) + Defensive Formation (to cover for the fact that his default Dark Knight caps out at 25 speed after his modifier)….

Interesting…

Edited by astrophys

so for a while I have been thinking of creating a low spd/luck high skl female capable getting line of death to put awakening to its full potential. I'm not really sure If I am actually going to put great lord as a class to use but awakening is definitely a gem of a skill.I'd definitely stick on a female with a high skill class

for instance like Managram,Hero,Elite Ninja,Trueblade

excluding MU options what females could definitely pull of awakening and leave a massive dent

Other than being available on Hoshido, is the slightly less awful defense mod of Felicia!Shinonome notable over Elise!Shinonome's very bad defense mod but otherwise superior offense? Or is Elise always Basara!Shinonome's best bet for mom?

I ask because I'm actually a little fond of Felicia/Ryouma and want to see if there's any merit in terms of gameplay, even though he has plenty of better options.

Also, since Kaze's str mod sucks, would Suzukaze/Nyx make a feasible magic!Midoriko?

Edited by Thor Odinson

Other than being available on Hoshido, is the slightly less awful defense mod of Felicia!Shinonome notable over Elise!Shinonome's very bad defense mod but otherwise superior offense? Or is Elise always Basara!Shinonome's best bet for mom?

I ask because I'm actually a little fond of Felicia/Ryouma and want to see if there's any merit in terms of gameplay, even though he has plenty of better options.

Also, since Kaze's str mod sucks, would Suzukaze/Nyx make a feasible magic!Midoriko?

Really Felicia!Shinonome is decent though Elise!Shinonome is slightly better since she still alowas him to do ther things rather then Basara since his Str does not get as screwed up.

As for Nyx!Mido, she would be pretty cool.Her Spd would be godly(+6 Spd bitches!)and she would make an amazing Witch.Really Mido is hard to screw up since Kaze has pretty decent mods all round except for Str so Mido can really be mothered by anyone who does not have a -Str or -Spd mod.

Rinkah!Syalla@Dark Knight (A+ Ophelia)

-Shadowgift (DLC Witch)

-Defensive Formation (S rank Ignis/Tsukuomi A+ Benoit)

-Vengance

-Vantage (S rank Hisame/Tsukuomi A+ Fuuga)

-Tomefaire

Pimpin' the Nos like it's 2013.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Let's look into some of my pairings in more detail…. I'll put them in spoiler tags to save room on the page… I'll try to think out some buddy seals and marriages too.

I'll assume Birthright and Conquest individually… I haven't given enough thought to the Invisible Kingdom yet. For now, I'll only work on Birthright due time constraints… I'll do Conquest later.

I'm going to assume that there is some form of growth inheritance, but I'll refrain from specific details as we don't know if it actually works like in Awakening yet….

DLC classes will be temporarily ignored….

For now, I won't assume A+ parent inheritances, although they could help…

1. Subaki x Hinoka = Hinoka!Matoi

Pegasus Warrior, Falcon Warrior, Golden Kite Warrior

Samurai, Trueblade, Weapons Master

Lance Fighter, Holy Lancer, Basara

+1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

A+ options: Sophie (Cavalier), Mitama (Priestess), Syalla (Spellcaster)

Intended Husband: Kamui (Dark Mage)

I think that Matoi would work best with an A+ w/Sophie… Cavalier offers a convenient class that allows for works with Matoi's lance rank (and may also use swords, the other thing she has a faire in)… also, she gets Diamond Strike (can combo with Mirror Strike), Luna, Open Assault (situational damage boost; easy to get at low levels), etc. Also, looking at Sophie's options, she seems to A+ with Matoi, Soleil, and Velour… or in other words, only Matoi on the Hoshido route…. as such, it would be efficient to have them A+ each other (as Matoi is Sophie's only real Hoshidan choice).

So thus:

Hinoka!Matoi x Kamui (Dark Mage) + Sophie

Samurai, Trueblade, Weapons Master

Lance Fighter, Holy Lancer, Basara

Dark Mage, Dark Knight, Sorcerer

Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight

Skills:

Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Rally Speed, Mirror Strike, Soar, Sun God

Flowing Strike, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Strength Seal, Line of Death

Defense Seal, Substitute, Speed Seal, Lancefaire, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant

Bind, Devilish Wind, Magic Seal, Lifetaker, Vengeance, Bowbreaker

Open Assault, Rescue, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Diamond Strike

2. Her husband, Kamui, Dark Mage secondary, +MAG/-LCK

-1 Str, +3 Mag, +0 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +0 Def, +2 Res

Nohr Prince, White Blood, (Dark Blood if bringing the pairing into the third route)

Dark Mage, Dark Knight, Sorcerer

Noble Lineage, Dragon Fang, Draconic Shield, Hoshido, (Draconic Curse and Nohr if bringing pairings into third route)

Bind, Devilish Wind, Magic Seal, Lifetaker, Vengeance, Bowbreaker

Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Rally Speed, Mirror Strike, Soar, Sun God

The Avatar can also get buddy seals at A rank… Swordfaire or Tomefaire would be helpful to a Dark Knight… Swordfaire can be accessed without giving up Yato at any point and could come from buddying with Hinata or Ryouma…

Dark Knight Avatar, +MAG/-LCK, will have 60% Str growth and 55% magic growth, as well as 60% HP growth, 50% Defense growth (35%+15%) and 35% Resistance growth (25%+5%+5%). Skill will be 45%, Speed will be 55% (45+5%+5%) and Luck, being the flaw stat, will be (45%-20%+5% = 30%).

3. Aqua!Deere and 4. Mitama!Sakura

+3 Str, -1 Mag, +4 Skl, +4 Spd, +0 Lck, -2 Def, +0 Res

Rod Knight, Cavalier, Pegasus Knight

His A+ options are Gurei or Kisaragi. We also should consider whom would benefit from Rod Knight in marriage….

Mitama looks like a good choice… she gets Priestess, so Servant's Joy would help her (and share staff ranks)… Also, if I use my Sakura!Mitama pairing, then she has Priestess and Pegasus… so this would allow for four rallies on both of them: Strategist for Rally Resistance, Priest/Priestess for Rally Luck, Exorcist for Rally Magic, and Falcon Warrior (for Rally Speed)… more over, all of these rally classes use staves, so it would be really easy to class change between them!

So lets go with Azura!Deere x Sakura!Mitama:

Deere can A+ with Kisaragi and Gurei. Mitama can A+ with Kanna, Matoi, and Syalla. A+ doesn't need to be reciprocal, although it saves time if it is….

Deere can get more classes from Gurei… though he does have really nice strength, Skl, and speed if he wanted to be a Holy Bowman…

its also the possibility of a Luna proc Holy Bowman.

But Gurei gives Copycat, which could be helpful for a support unit… double heals, double rallies

Kanna probably would want Mitama for Renewal + her own Dragon Child… but does Mitama want Kanna? Mitama could get Dark Knight or Sorcerer… Dark Knight plays to her +3 strength mod and her +3 speed mod brings her back up to 30 speed…. Its a far cry from her predominant staff role, but it could work… Matoi is useless to her as this Mitama already gets Pegasus. Syalla would give Breaking Sky, but would overlap on Exorcist…

Actually, which class DOES Kanna(F) pass in Buddy Seal? The Avatar's secondary? Or her mother's class? I'll assume the Avatar's secondary unless I'm corrected…. if the mother, then Mitama definitely should go for Breaking Sky and Basara

I'll go with…

Azura!Deere x Mitama + Gurei or Kisaragi and Sakura!Mitama x Deere + Kanna

Azura!Deere X Mitama + Gurei

+3 Str, -1 Mag, +4 Skl, +4 Spd, +0 Lck, -2 Def, +0 Res

Rod Knight, Strategist, Butler

Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight

Priest, Mountain Priest, Exorcist

Ninja/Elite Ninja/Puppeteer

Sakura!Mitama x Deere + Kanna OR Syalla

+3 Str, +0 Mag, +0 Skl, +3 Spd, +1 Lck, +1 Def, +1 Res

Priestess, War Priestess, Exorcist,

Herb merchant, Great Merchant, Pupeeteer

Rod Knight, Strategist, Butler

??? Dark Mage, Dark Knight, Sorcerer ???

OR Spellcaster, Basara

And I'm running out of time (need to return to work)… this took longer than I thought… I'll return to Gurei, Hisame, Kisaragi, Shinome, Shigure and their pairings later…

EDIT/ADDENDUM…

Thinking it over for more time… If I put Shigure with Mitama, I could grant him FIVE rally skills, plus his personal Tuning…. that could make a really nice support unit… the cost would be Mitama's Marriage seal wouldn't be effective if Sakura is her mother like I was initially planning…

Jakob!Shigure x Mitama (Pegasus, Rod Knight, Wyvern Rider, Priest) + arbitrary buddy seal --> Rally Speed, Rally Resistance, Rally Defense, Rally Luck, Rally Magic, and Tuning.

But Mitama is stuck with (Priestess, Herb Merchant, and Pegasus) + her buddy seal.

If we go under the idea that Kanna is a White Blood… maybe pairing her with Deere/Dia would be beneficial… White Blood is a Staff using class, so Servant's Joy could help with regenerating her….

Of course (actual spoilers)..

that would be incest… Aqua!Deere and Hinoka!Kanna…. Aqua and Kanna's father, Kamui, are cousins…. so Deere and Kanna would be something like second cousins or first cousins once removed (not exactly sure how it works)

Edited by astrophys

Of course (actual spoilers)..

that would be incest… Aqua!Deere and Hinoka!Kanna…. Aqua and Kanna's father, Kamui, are cousins…. so Deere and Kanna would be something like second cousins or first cousins once removed (not exactly sure how it works)

If you are worried about this, Foleo exists, too...

Not on the Birthright route… but it is a valid option on Nohr and Invisible Kingdom.

Honestly, I don't care that much about

incest.

I even make jokes about it with regards to other FEs…

… and I even made incestuous pairings in Genealogy of the Holy War…. Johan x Lex!Lachke, for example; they're first cousins…

EDIT:

I was talking last night on the unit viability thread with its thread creator and the idea of Takumi x Aqua came up.. .

Aqua/Azura: 0 str, 0 Mag, 1 skl, 3 speed, 0 lck, -3 def, 0 Res; Bowman/Holy Bowman/GKW, Lancer/Holy Lancer/Basara + Pegasus/Falcon marriage seal

Takumi: 1 str, 0 mag, 3 skl, -2 spd, 1 lck, 0 def, -2 res; Singer; Pegasus/Falcon/GKW + Bowman/Holy Bowman marriage seal

Kisaragi: 2 str, 1 mag, 5 skl, 2 spd, 2 lck, -2 def, -1 res; Bowman/Holy Bowman/GKW/Falcon/Pegasus, Lancer/Holy Lancer/Basara

We noted that if Takumi married Aqua, Pegasus would become a base class with a common promotion with Bowman into GKW… as such, Takumi could promote directly into GKW and pick up Swallow Strike in one level without ever needing to give up his Bow, as once he went to GKW it would start filling in the Pegasus skills, Swallow Strike and Eastern Heart.

You could easily do:

Takumi: Bowman (Skill +2, Prescient Victory) ---> promote to Golden Kite Warrior (Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Soar) --> Holy Bowman (Raven Strike, Bowfaire)

Final set:

0. Rivalry (personal),

1. Prescient Victory [+4 damage when initiating attack on player phase]

2. Swallow Strike [+5 ability to double when initiating attack on player phase],

3. Soar [+30 Hit and +30 Avoid against Fliers],

4. Raven Strike [+40 Hit when initiating attack on player phase],

5. Bowfaire [+5 damage when fighting a battle with a Bow equipped]

I suppose that Breaking Sky could be slotted in somewhere if you added in an additional Seal into the progression and worked with lances temporarily, but perhaps this would be a more efficient in-game build.

Edited by astrophys

So for my Nohr pairings for my first run, so far I got this:

FKamui x Zero

Xander x Charlotte

Lazward x Camilla

Odin x Elise

Leo x Nyx

Harold x ?

Benoit x ?

Flannel x ?

Joker x ?

Azura x ?

Kaze x ?

Silas x ?

Also for Hoshido, since I didn't do Ric-Tsukuyomi, I'm most likely just gonna do Tsukuyomi x Felicia for leftovers.

Edited by Ebony

snip

Swallow Strike!Takumi does sound great, but what about DLC Speed Drain? In fact that skill has a lot of potential for PvP. ProxShot!Takumi and Xander could be tanks at first to pick off glass canon front liners and scouts, but then adapt into late game sweepers by a few turns.