Class Changing and Inheritance Thread

Got any screenshots? I'd like to see that.

None at the moment, but if I get around to that before anyone else does I'll see if I can post it.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the only one who can benefit from Buddy Seals without the need for an A+ support is Corrin, since (s)he can support with everyone in the game. Aside from that, there's only specific pairs and characters that can get A+ supports, none of which are named "Arthur/Harold" or "Flannel".

Really? As far as I've heard every A can become an A+. But only if both characters are the same gender and each character can only have one A+.

I have another report to make after some more fact-finding.

Just as I thought, there are analogous classes that come into play when class redundancies in inheritance and marriages involving Kamui come up. To

be brief, they are as follows:

Samurai <-> Mercenary

Oni Savage <-> Fighter

Lance Fighter <-> Knight

Bowman <-> Outlaw

Ninja <-> Cavalier

Spellcaster <-> Dark Mage

Herb Merchant is the odd class out; the game would not permit me to have Midoriko use a Marriage Seal when I married her to a Kamui with Herb Merchant as his second class set. Oddly enough, this restriction also seems to apply to the Rod Knight and Priest/Priestess class trees, as I saw similar results when attempting to do the same with Sakura and Felicia as Kamui's spouse. My guess is that the game treats Priest and Priestess as different class sets as well as male Rod Knight and Female Rod Knight.

Images are below.

[spoiler=Reclass Images]

cYGwMl1.jpg

UGPM0ug.jpg

AMBOAor.jpg

sSeIkjI.jpg

shM7rrp.jpg

0AuOtb0.jpg

bFFXA0R.jpg

fbpJLiM.jpg

While I was at it, I also decided to take a look at Kanna's reclass options after marrying Midoriko. The image below shows that she has access to Herb Merchant and Ninja. As such, it can be reasonably concluded that in an instance where Kamui marries a second generation character, the class set that the second generation character received from his or her set parent takes priority for Kanna's inheritance over the class set received from the variable parent.

[spoiler=Kanna]

3WpWYrT.jpg

But the only one who can benefit from Buddy Seals without the need for an A+ support is Corrin, since (s)he can support with everyone in the game. Aside from that, there's only specific pairs and characters that can get A+ supports, none of which are named "Arthur/Harold" or "Flannel".

The list in that thread is not entirely complete yet. P sure every unrelated character of the same gender (barring Kamui, who just absorbs people's classes anyway) can A+. I /think/ same-gender siblings can too but don't quote me on that one

While I was at it, I also decided to take a look at Kanna's reclass options after marrying Midoriko. The image below shows that she has access to Herb Merchant and Ninja. As such, it can be reasonably concluded that in an instance where Kamui marries a second generation character, the class set that the second generation character received from his or her set parent takes priority for Kanna's inheritance over the class set received from the variable parent.

[spoiler=Kanna]

3WpWYrT.jpg

Let me understand the last paragraph: you married an Herb-Merchant!Avatar to Midoriko, getting a Female Kanna with Ninja as the Third Class Tree. So that proves that with a Class Overlap the Mother gives her Secondary Class Tree, which in the Case of Second Generation Characters is the Class they received from their fathers.

Now, besides the irony of the Healer Classes not being associated with their Obvious Faction Parallels thanks to the Gender-split (which I thought was the reason Rod Knight could get away with things like Gender-dependent Skills) muddling the check, there are still the questions of whether Female Kamui is the Exception to the "Father first, then Mother" pattern Inheritance seems to have and ,in the case she's not and it leads to a Class Overlap case, what would that mean to the Kanna from either Rod-Knight!Kamui/Joker or Priestess!Kamui/Asama considering Inheritance seems to recognize the Gender-split Class Trees and include the proper equivalents...

EDIT: Oh, and the priority of the Kamui-sexual Lladies' Secondary Class Trees aside from Flora's (who we know gives Dark Mage from her A+ to Felicia).

Edited by AstraSage

Actually, she would get Oni Savage. It's been confirmed about a page ago.

So far, that confirmation is directed to the case of Charlotte marrying a Fighter!Kamui, but if it's the case for her marrying Flannel or Arthur using a Buddy Seal with an A+ for him (as well as Tsukuyomi with Nishiki or Syalla with Kinu), the statement could be right.

(And that also means Syalla might have a third way to reclass into the Dark Mage Tree without marrying the Avatar and it can even work in a Hoshido only playthrough.)

Edited by AstraSage

(or Syalla with Kinu)

(And that also means Syalla might have a third way to reclass into the Dark Mage Tree without marrying the Avatar and it can even work in a Hoshido only playthrough.)

Wouldn't Shara get whatever class that Kinu's mother has at base, assuming that the two can Buddy Seal with each other? Edited by Just call me AL

Quick question: If Charlotte (Fighter, Rod Knight) marries Flannel (Garou, Fighter), which of the following applies when she uses a marriage seal:

• Charlotte can reclass to Fighter (if she's not in it already),
  • Charlotte can reclass to Oni Savage,
  • Charlotte will be unable to use a marriage seal.

Thanks!

So, if what we're "speculating" here applies to buddy seals, would Flora get something out of an A+ with Felicia (Priestess?)?

Considering that units that are both married to Corrin and either Priest(esse)s or Rod Knights are locked out of using Marriage Seals if Corrin's second class overlaps with either one of those classes (for example, like as shown in the previous page, Sakura won't get Rod Knight from a Male Corrin whose second class is Priest), Flora likely wouldn't get Priestess from a Buddy Seal with Felicia.

I'm sorry if this was answered before, but has it been figured out what class Saizou would get if he has an A+ with Kaze and vice versa? Or would the buddy seal act as a parallel seal?

Edited by Elif

Considering that units that are both married to Corrin and either Priest(esse)s or Rod Knights are locked out of using Marriage Seals if Corrin's second class overlaps with either one of those classes (for example, like as shown in the previous page, Sakura won't get Rod Knight from a Male Corrin whose second class is Priest), Flora likely wouldn't get Priestess from a Buddy Seal with Felicia.

Ah, what a shame! Oh well

Dunno if this was answered yet, but if I have F!Kamui with Oni Savage secondary marry Joker, would Deere get Nohr Prince AND Oni Savage?

No, he would only get Nohr Prince along with his father's Cavalier. Kanna would get both, though.

No, he would only get Nohr Prince along with his father's Cavalier. Kanna would get both, though.

nyeh, that makes giving both Basara skills to not-Kanna kids in Nohr is p much impossible. unless theres some other convoluted way involving analogous classes.

idk why i said oni savage either, i keep thinking basara is a promotion of that class

Edited by Dalyzor

nyeh, that makes giving both Basara skills to not-Kanna kids in Nohr is p much impossible. unless theres some other convoluted way involving analogous classes.

idk why i said oni savage either, i keep thinking basara is a promotion of that class

Well, the only way to get Deere both Basara skills would be through Skill Inheritance: You reclass both Kamui (via Parallel) and Jakob (via Marriage) to the Basara class from either the Lance Fighter or the Spellcaster Trees and make sure one of them gets Flamboyant while the other gets Breaking Sky...

Edited by AstraSage

Well, the only way to get Deere both Basara skills would be through Skill Inheritance: You reclass both Kamui (via Parallel) and Jakob (via Marriage) to the Basara class from either the Lance Fighter or the Spellcaster Trees and make sure one of them gets Flamboyant while the other gets Breaking Sky...

Oh. OOOH. Nevermind, I'm dumb, that makes so much sense and idk how I missed it. I was GOING to do ZeroxNyx and give Eponine the Spellcaster tree to get it, but that would lower her skill by a good bit, which kinda defeats the purpose. She's be a good Magic user though, with Nyx as her mom. so Basara would be a decent reclass option nonetheless.

What does Benoit get from an A+ with Flannel then? Oni Savage?

I'm curious to know about this as well, since both of Benoit's A+ options (aside from Tsukuyomi) yield the "Fighter" class, which is already his second option.

Edited by Xeniferos

hmm I have a question; how does one obtain parallel seals outside of children paralogues ?

I don't believe I've yet to see them available anywhere else ><