[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

Regarding the amiibo scanned "Hero" characters, I've come to understand amiibos are not region locked, so im curious; Can I use an amiibo on my North American 3DS and obtain the characters (ike,marth,robin, lucina) for fates? I am currently accessing fates via Pasta cfw and region free loader to patch.

Aditionally, out of fear of something going wrong, I haven't turned on spotpass and have not tried accessing the dragon vault (or w.e it's called) and never have tried the "buy" or "redeem code" function (which I doubt i'd be capable of doing without the use of japanese characters) but with that in mind, Is it possible to obtain characters like Minerva via the card codes?

Sorry to ask so much, thank you in advance.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to backup and import save data? I read somewhere that the 3DS save-data backup feature doesn't recognize .cias (is it even safe to use this in Emunand?), so I'm not sure how to proceed without losing my save data everytime there is a new version of the patch. I'm new to all this 3DS hacking nonsense.

Is there a way to backup and import save data? I read somewhere that the 3DS save-data backup feature doesn't recognize .cias (is it even safe to use this in Emunand?), so I'm not sure how to proceed without losing my save data everytime there is a new version of the patch. I'm new to all this 3DS hacking nonsense.

savedatafiler

I can't tell you where it is though.

Regarding the amiibo scanned "Hero" characters, I've come to understand amiibos are not region locked, so im curious; Can I use an amiibo on my North American 3DS and obtain the characters (ike,marth,robin, lucina) for fates? I am currently accessing fates via Pasta cfw and region free loader to patch.

Aditionally, out of fear of something going wrong, I haven't turned on spotpass and have not tried accessing the dragon vault (or w.e it's called) and never have tried the "buy" or "redeem code" function (which I doubt i'd be capable of doing without the use of japanese characters) but with that in mind, Is it possible to obtain characters like Minerva via the card codes?

Sorry to ask so much, thank you in advance.

Idk about pasta but using Ninjhax 2.0 and region free loader I was able to scan my JP Lucina amiibo on my NA N3DS.

I don't know about the cards, as I don't have any.

Hey I just found out about this translation. Just wondering but in the next update, will some of the chapters be translated in English?

Next patch will include more menu fixes, Chapters 0-6, 6-12 Hoshido, and 6-12 Nohr.

Hey I just found out about this translation. Just wondering but in the next update, will some of the chapters be translated in English?

Next patch will include more menu fixes, Chapters 0-6, 6-12 Hoshido, and 6-12 Nohr.

Sweet! No rush on this but is there an estimated date for this? ....or is there a lot to be done still?

Sweet! No rush on this but is there an estimated date for this? ....or is there a lot to be done still?

We've mentioned this a couple times ago, it'll be coming later this week. I'd assume around 3-4 days, no guarantees.

...translating chapters is much much easier than translating menus.

Are DLC Cipher characters suppose to be named Unknown if you don't have any of them registered to your 3DS?

Also idk how they got one of those phantoms to be on their team, they're on Nohr O_o, woulda assumed it was Minerva but it used the in-game model of the phantoms.
v5OSydr.jpg?2

Edited by Xanek

Are DLC Cipher characters suppose to be named Unknown if you don't have any of them registered to your 3DS?

Also idk how they got one of those phantoms to be on their team, they're on Nohr O_o, woulda assumed it was Minerva but it used the in-game model of the phantoms.v5OSydr.jpg?2

It's the same with Awakening. If you don't have them downloaded/registered, they won't have their portraits and/or name.

We've mentioned this a couple times ago, it'll be coming later this week. I'd assume around 3-4 days, no guarantees.

...translating chapters is much much easier than translating menus.

sweet :) thanks and sorry I didnt know you mentioned this times ago. I'm new to this forum and just heard about the project

It's the same with Awakening. If you don't have them downloaded/registered, they won't have their portraits and/or name.

That doesn't explain the Phantom sprite

If there's any particular dialogue anyone wants translated, I'd be more than happy to help. My friend, Yui Tominaga, a native Japanese young woman I met at a student exchange program, often asks me for translations of American idioms (ex. It's a piece of cake = it's easy) & she is also more than happy to help me, help you, translate any Japanese proverbs that may he in the game, or any words that are troubling you (as a team) in general.

Thanks! I'll be excitedly waiting on the file you all have compiled so far to begin translating it to Spanish.

ありがとうございます、友だち様!

If there's any particular dialogue anyone wants translated, I'd be more than happy to help. My friend, Yui Tominaga, a native Japanese young woman I met at a student exchange program, often asks me for translations of American idioms (ex. It's a piece of cake = it's easy) & she is also more than happy to help me, help you, translate any Japanese proverbs that may he in the game, or any words that are troubling you (as a team) in general.

Thanks! I'll be excitedly waiting on the file you all have compiled so far to begin translating it to Spanish.

ありがとうございます、友だち様!

In terms of just translating, we'll be perfectly fine.

Also, we've mentioned this several times already, but there is simply too much to translate to another language on your own. Any files we release in the public patch, you can feel free to edit them, but there's simple too many files to translate on your own - it took over 10 of us over 2 weeks to just translate the menus...(chapters are a different story).

Hello to all!

Ive been trying to apply this great patch, ive got the xorpads and all. I tried to use the IF:patcher, and build as .CIA, unfortunately when it shows done, the IF:patcher crash at the same time, and so i end up having nothing patched. Help please ?

Hello to all!

Ive been trying to apply this great patch, ive got the xorpads and all. I tried to use the IF:patcher, and build as .CIA, unfortunately when it shows done, the IF:patcher crash at the same time, and so i end up having nothing patched. Help please ?

Sometimes the CIA-Patcher is a bit buggy.

You need at least more than 2GB RAM to build a CIA and your Computer could lagg for some time while CIA-generation.

Well, ive got 6GB RAM in my desktop, so i guess i should have enough. But i just tried again and it crashed..for the third time. Am i doing something wrong ?

Unless it shows up with a message immediately showing that it crashed, you should let it sit there for a few minutes, I had the same problem and I thought it froze when creating the cia but after a few minutes it finished.