[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

I guess i'm screwed then :/ there doesn't seem to be any other way to get the firmware downgraded then. Guess i'm waiting till the patch can be used on current firmware... damn this is what I get for not reading up everything before just jumping in and wanting to play lol

There's lots of others who have made the same mistake you have. Don't worry too much about it.

Either find a 3DS system in the right firmware region, hope Ninjhax 2.0 opens the way for soft file loading, or just play the game anyways.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's lots of others who have made the same mistake you have. Don't worry too much about it.

Either find a 3DS system in the right firmware region, hope Ninjhax 2.0 opens the way for soft file loading, or just play the game anyways.

I have just gone for the play the game approach at this point and it's amazing so far. Just chose Hoshido for my first playthrough. The menus are a bit hard to navigate without knowing what im pressing but there are plenty of helpful forums on here to look at. Hopefully we'll get some way to downgrade firmware or just install the patch on current but for now im just going to enjoy it and keep checking back for any news. Thanks for all your help so far everyone! :D

I have just gone for the play the game approach at this point and it's amazing so far. Just chose Hoshido for my first playthrough. The menus are a bit hard to navigate without knowing what im pressing but there are plenty of helpful forums on here to look at. Hopefully we'll get some way to downgrade firmware or just install the patch on current but for now im just going to enjoy it and keep checking back for any news. Thanks for all your help so far everyone! :D

If it makes you feel any better it's unlikely your new 3DS was on 9.2 anyway because only the first run was so it probably didn't matter that you updated it since the firmware that came with probably too new to run the hack anyways.

How do you plan on releasing your patch for the 2 games? will you be releasing individual patches for the hoshido and noir cartridges or will you be releasing a single patch only for the special edition?

You can still create an EmuNAND using Gateway, but you'll need Ocarina of Time 3D or Cubic Ninja in order to use the Gateway menu which has the "Format EmuNAND" option.

What's this? I haven't heard of any OoT exploits...?

If it makes you feel any better it's unlikely your new 3DS was on 9.2 anyway because only the first run was so it probably didn't matter that you updated it since the firmware that came with probably too new to run the hack anyways.

It actually started out on firmware 8.2 but then when i put if in and click play it did and update and now it's on 9.7

How do you plan on releasing your patch for the 2 games? will you be releasing individual patches for the hoshido and noir cartridges or will you be releasing a single patch only for the special edition?

the same files are included in n both games.

We don't need to create a patch for each game. Our Patch works on all three versions (Hoshido, Nohr, Special Edition)

Guys, is there any way for the patch to work on a 9.5 firmware? My friend (who originally got me into Fire Emblem) just got a secondhand 3DS with the 9.5 firmware to play Awakening and Fates.

Noooo... never.you are NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY IF YOU ARE ABOVE 9.2

Ssad to hear bout that.g

That's not 100% true.

You're right, right now, there's no way to use this stuff on Firmware above 9.2 BUT no one said that there will NEVER be a new Exploit.

Smealum got Ninjhax to work on 9.8 but without Arm9-Access.

Possibly there will be one guy who is able to get this ARM9-Access in the future.

Noooo... never.you are NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY IF YOU ARE ABOVE 9.2

Ssad to hear bout that.g

Hmm... thought so. -_-

That's not 100% true.

You're right, right now, there's no way to use this stuff on Firmware above 9.2 BUT no one said that there will NEVER be a new Exploit.

Smealum got Ninjhax to work on 9.8 but without Arm9-Access.

Possibly there will be one guy who is able to get this ARM9-Access in the future.

I guess a safe bet is to -not- update the firmware, right?

Wasn't there a planned release of a new version of Ninjhax? (I'm not familiar with it since I use Gateway...)

Hmm... thought so. -_-

I guess a safe bet is to -not- update the firmware, right?

Wasn't there a planned release of a new version of Ninjhax? (I'm not familiar with it since I use Gateway...)

Yea, you shouldn't update your 3DS anymore. Just wait for a new exploit.

Yea, there'll be a new version of Ninjhax for 9.9 BUT it only allows to run Homebrews like BlarghSnes and such (.3dsx-homebrews).

You can't boot a CFW with it because the new version of Ninjhax has no ARM9-Kernel Access.

Yea, you shouldn't update your 3DS anymore. Just wait for a new exploit.

Yea, there'll be a new version of Ninjhax for 9.9 BUT it only allows to run Homebrews like BlarghSnes and such (.3dsx-homebrews).

You can't boot a CFW with it because the new version of Ninjhax has no ARM9-Kernel Access.

Ah, I see. I guess at this rate we'd have to share one 3DS to play Fates. Oh well...

Is there a way to access the e-shop without updating, though? She might want to get Awakening's DLC but she can't get in the e-shop with her current firmware. :/

Ah, I see. I guess at this rate we'd have to share one 3DS to play Fates. Oh well...

Is there a way to access the e-shop without updating, though? She might want to get Awakening's DLC but she can't get in the e-shop with her current firmware. :/

You can access the eShop with "YGW eshop Spoofer". For this, you need to run a CFW... so.. you need to be on firmware 9.2 or lower...

You can access the eShop with "YGW eshop Spoofer". For this, you need to run a CFW... so.. you need to be on firmware 9.2 or lower...

Thought so... :/ Oh well, I'll just tell her what options she has right now. Thanks for the help. :)

um, what exactlychanged between the ffist patchd ts 1.2

Bugfixes (Fixed some menu-translation, fixed some image-files (mistranslated), DLC's are working now with 1.2 (didn't work on 1.0)

So wait, if I wanted to do the NTR_CFW method, does it allow for online play?

And does this start in the sysNAND or emuNAND?

It starts in SysNAND if you're using PastaCFW or any other SysNAND-CFW. Should start on EmuNAND if you're but it while EmuNAND is running.

Yes, you can play Online with NTR_CFW Method. It's the same method I use^^

Following what a lot of others have done, just want to thank everyone for the patch, regardless of if i find a way to use it or not.

I do have cubic ninja and a japanese copy of nohr/conquest, been using regionFOUR to play it but my firmwares too far for the patch, friend might sell me a 8.1.0-19U 2ds.
If i bought it from him, would I be able to run the patch, and if so which method would likely be the easiest to attempt?