[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

Well, you don't have to get Gateway to create an EmuNAND. You just need to get into the Gateway menu and pick "Format EmuNAND". Of course, after you back up the SD card. :p

Well, I guess there may be some sort of option on rxPasta (there is one, but I think it doesn't work properly yet) and ReiNAND (haven't used it, so idk) to create EmuNAND.

I thought you need Gateway to boot into EmuNAND on N3DS?

And If I'm able to run EmuNAND, how should I create a JPN-EmuNAND? Can I run PastaCFW over GatewayEmuNAND?

Edited by DJPlayer

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, to boot into EmuNAND, yes. But to create an EmuNAND, you don't need a Gateway flashcart.

Yea, there's no reason to create a EmuNAND yet :P

Will wait until a CFW that support EmuNAND on N3DS is released.

Yea, there's no reason to create a EmuNAND yet :P

Will wait until a CFW that support EmuNAND on N3DS is released.

Luckily for us, there's some good news.

@Reisyukaku has gotten Decrypted Arm 9 Fully Booted in n3ds now just to get the Emunand Hooked and boom N3ds cfw with emunand \^.^/

Source: http://gbatemp.net/threads/realease-reinand-cfw.391663/page-12#post-5569838

Edited by Linkmstr

To get DLC to work:

1. You must have a Japanese 3DS or a Japanese EmuNAND if you're playing with a .cia version of the game.

2. Use Gateway to play the .3ds rom. You don't have to change EmuNAND region.

Otherwise, you'll never get DLC to work unless someone out there is able to share a modified version of the DLC that works without all the extra hard work.

I don't get it, I'm using a Gateway with US emunand, and a .cia patched game, yet the DLCs are working for me. How could this be?

Still, in case this breaks for me in a future patch, should a .3dz still work with DLCs, for online functionality purposes?

Edited by Kitsunin

I don't get it, I'm using a Gateway with US emunand, and a .cia patched game, yet the DLCs are working for me. How could this be?

Still, in case this breaks for me in a future patch, should a .3dz still work with DLCs, for online functionality purposes?

Well, I'm guessing it works because you had gateway to use emuNAND.

Thanks everyone who has reported issues or given suggestions so far! We really appreciate it. We've been keeping track of the thread and have been applying the changes in accordance, though you may have to wait until the next release to see them. >< If you don't see them then, please post or just PM me -- it's likely because we overlooked it.

wait, so pastacfw + ninjahax for n3ds doesn't have a emunand, just spoofs 9.8 firmware?

Also.

When you unlock the love bracelet, the text box is a bit cut off on the o3ds

--

Linkmstr, on 11 Jul 2015 - 9:45 PM, said:
I've been thinking, why not just shorten "Thunder Tome Thoron" to just "Thoron"? I mean, sure, it's to keep the translation true to the original, but it looks strange since it's too long. xD

Fixed! Regarding the "It's a draw" issue - is this what you're seeing? "It's a draw. You can recruit a member of opposing team or inherit a skill for a price."

The chapter names thing kinda bugs me though. Maybe changing the file names part from Chapter XX to Ch. XX would be better and prevent it from overlapping with the title.

Done!

Oh right, why was Macbeth chosen over Iago?

We've decided on using the generally accepted romanizations of the original names.

Edited by Ranaline

Fixed! Regarding the "It's a draw" issue - is this what you're seeing? "It's a draw. You can recruit a member of opposing team or inherit a skill for a price."

Yeah, I was just wondering why it says It's a draw even though you win by seizing/killing off their team. Just seemed odd that it said It's a draw still.

wait, so pastacfw + ninjahax for n3ds doesn't have a emunand?

Also.

When you unlock the love bracelet, the text box is a bit cut off on the o3ds

zZcW4tw.jpg?2

Thanks for this information! We'll fix it :)

Thanks for this information! We'll fix it :)

"Combustible Shuriken" Hmm, it's also a bit too long. I was thinking of maybe "Flaming Shuriken", "Fire Shuriken", or "Flame Shuriken". I don't know. Just me. :p

Edited by Linkmstr

"Combustible Shuriken" Hmm, it's also a bit too long. I was thinking of maybe "Flaming Shuriken", "Fire Shuriken", or "Flame Shuriken". I don't know. Just me. :p

...now I'm worried about the Chouya Yatonokami.

I guess there's a reason the shortened it to Yato here.

Yeah, I was just wondering why it says It's a draw even though you win by seizing/killing off their team. Just seemed odd that it said It's a draw still.

It's now corrected! "Because you won on equal terms, you can recruit a member of the opposing team or cheaply inherit a skill."

Since smealum is going to release ninjahax 2.0 in a few days (woulda been today but since Iwata passed, he delayed it), does anyone know what kind of things we are able to do with it or is it not going to have anyway to run custom firmware?

Edited by Xanek

Just got my n3ds but the problem is I had to update the system to actually play my copy of if. Now i'm at firmware 9.7.0-0J which I guess means I'm out of luck for the patch?

There's some menu translations online and stuff that I can follow so it's not all bad but I probably wouldn't have been able to install the patch anyway since there is no tutorial for it.

Just got my n3ds but the problem is I had to update the system to actually play my copy of if. Now i'm at firmware 9.7.0-0J which I guess means I'm out of luck for the patch?

There's some menu translations online and stuff that I can follow so it's not all bad but I probably wouldn't have been able to install the patch anyway since there is no tutorial for it.

Uhhh, why did you updated your 3DS?!?

You had only to install PastaCFW or similar OTL's to Start "Firmlaunch".

Firmlaunch allows to play games that need higher Firmwares in Firmware 9.0-9.2.

Yep, you're out of luck, sorry

Uhhh, why did you updated your 3DS?!?

You had only to install PastaCFW or similar OTL's to Start "Firmlaunch".

Firmlaunch allows to play games that need higher Firmwares in Firmware 9.0-9.2.

Yep, you're out of luck, sorry

----

I had too :'( it wouldn't let me play if without doing an update. No matter how many times I clicked not to update it wouldn't start the game. Even had my wireless turned off

Because I don't understand any of the 3ds hacking scene, it didn't make sense to me. :/ ah well guess I'll make do with the translations online and wait till if the patch eventually works on current firmware. My bad I guess for just not knowing.

-----

Just wondering , if I stick a new sd card in my n3ds will that have it at factory settings or will it still have the current firmware? I tried factory reset and it seemed like it worked but theres no way to turn wireless off without getting to the home screen and by that point it has already re-applied the update. I'm also wondering if I put my sd card in my pc and deleted everything off there? Anything at this point to try and get it to work xD Besides buying another 3ds

Ghasty edit. Edit instead of double/triple posting

Edited by Ghatsu!

Posted · Hidden by ghast, July 14, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, July 14, 2015 - No reason given

I had too :'( it wouldn't let me play if without doing an update. No matter how many times I clicked not to update it wouldn't start the game. Even had my wireless turned off

Because I don't understand any of the 3ds hacking scene, it didn't make sense to me. :/ ah well guess I'll make do with the translations online and wait till if the patch eventually works on current firmware. My bad I guess for just not knowing.

Posted · Hidden by ghast, July 14, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, July 14, 2015 - No reason given

Just wondering , if I stick a new sd card in my n3ds will that have it at factory settings or will it still have the current firmware? I tried factory reset and it seemed like it worked but theres no way to turn wireless off without getting to the home screen and by that point it has already re-applied the update. I'm also wondering if I put my sd card in my pc and deleted everything off there? Anything at this point to try and get it to work xD Besides buying another 3ds

SD card only holds things like friendslist, some save data, dlc, streetpasses, etc, but it does not hold firmware, so if you update to the current firmware there isn't a way to go back.

SD card only holds things like friendslist, some save data, dlc, streetpasses, etc, but it does not hold firmware, so if you update to the current firmware there isn't a way to go back.

I guess i'm screwed then :/ there doesn't seem to be any other way to get the firmware downgraded then. Guess i'm waiting till the patch can be used on current firmware... damn this is what I get for not reading up everything before just jumping in and wanting to play lol