[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

Thank you so much for the hard work you've put into this! I'm really impressed at how quickly this got out!

I understand that you guys are planning to translate the entire game, and I just have a couple questions about that.

1) Do you plan on doing staggered releases, or will you release the entire thing at once when it's finished? For example: If you finish Conquest first, will you release Conquest and then Birthright later?

2) How quickly do you anticipate this being completed? Obviously it's a lot of work, but will it be a matter of weeks or a matter of months? I don't want to play through the game with only the current patch just to have the full patch come out immediately afterwards, because I could end up burnt out on the game, and obviously I don't want that to happen.

Again, thank you guys so much for your work. Everything looks amazing so far.

Stated earlier, but here:

1. The next patches will be in staggered releases. We'll release Chapters 0-6 as the next patch (public release 2.0), followed by Nohr / Conquest, then Hoshido / Birthright. However, because a separate unit in our team is translating Hoshido as the main group translates Nohr, it's possible that we'll release both Nohr and Hoshido in the public release 3.0 patch. And Invisible Kingdom will follow shortly after. All paths will be 100% translated, including supports, random dialogues, etc.

2. Frankly, at the current rate we're moving, we could potentially finish each path in 1.5 weeks. Of course, something will go wrong, so I'd assume 2-3 weeks per path is a good estimate. No guarantees, though.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, that's a really impressive estimate. I imagine I'll probably wait for the Conquest patch before I put any significant time into the game, but I've played through the first chapter so far, and the work you guys have pulled off is amazing. I'm very impressed!

Hey so. Theres a program for bypassing firmware check for online use right?

Also, isnt there a way to do this without having to have another physical game? I was pretty sure there was a way without using cubicninja or whatever game.

Edited by Ghostlander

Also, isnt there a way to do this without having to have another physical game? I was pretty sure there was a way without using cubicninja or whatever game.

If you're able to install CIA's, try "YGW eShop Spoofer". You can bypass the Firmware Check with it

If you are using NTR CFW there is a function to prevent online check and access the E store. But to use it, it requires using the debugger tool and all that stuff. If you are using pasta, I think they have a program to do all that.

Edited by Rueo

If you're able to install CIA's, try "YGW eShop Spoofer". You can bypass the Firmware Check with it

Guess thatll depend on what firmware version my Japanese 3ds arrives in.

But thanks for the info

Ok I just made an account for the sole purpose of supporting you guys. It's absolutely awesome to see such devoted people.

I'd feel really bad to just 'leech' the translation and disappear.

On behalf of all the people who can't read japanese, thanks guys.

...God I really need to learn japanese :(

Stated earlier, but here:

1. The next patches will be in staggered releases. We'll release Chapters 0-6 as the next patch (public release 2.0), followed by Nohr / Conquest, then Hoshido / Birthright. However, because a separate unit in our team is translating Hoshido as the main group translates Nohr, it's possible that we'll release both Nohr and Hoshido in the public release 3.0 patch. And Invisible Kingdom will follow shortly after. All paths will be 100% translated, including supports, random dialogues, etc.

2. Frankly, at the current rate we're moving, we could potentially finish each path in 1.5 weeks. Of course, something will go wrong, so I'd assume 2-3 weeks per path is a good estimate. No guarantees, though.

question, you are leaving all the "personality" translations (supports, my castle banters, rubbing minigame, level up quotes) to the last patch, right?

question, you are leaving all the "personality" translations (supports, my castle banters, rubbing minigame, level up quotes) to the last patch, right?

They'll be added in the third or fourth Patch. We're still working on the Chapters. The other things are not our highest priority atm

Under the rxTools tutorial for not owning a Gateway card but having Cubic Ninja, the first download link isn't working anymore. Is it a bunch of things I can download somewhere else or has it been re-uploaded somewhere?

Edit:

So I'm not able to retrieve my 3DS today but can tomorrow. It is an old 3DS with 4.4 firmware. I don't have Gateway. I do have Cubic Ninja and the special edition of FE:IF.

Is this all the stuff I need to have downloaded to do the patch?

http://imgur.com/4wykLoO

I'm pretty much walking into this blind and I understand nothing as of yet. OTL

Edited by Hatsuoki

Under the rxTools tutorial for not owning a Gateway card but having Cubic Ninja, the first download link isn't working anymore. Is it a bunch of things I can download somewhere else or has it been re-uploaded somewhere?

Edit:

So I'm not able to retrieve my 3DS today but can tomorrow. It is an old 3DS with 4.4 firmware. I don't have Gateway. I do have Cubic Ninja and the special edition of FE:IF.

which download link do you mean exactly? Could you post it here?

Yea, it is all the stuff you need :)

Ah it's when you say:
"Download this and place the contents of the "3DS Stuff" folder on the root directory of your SD card save for rxTools.dat and firmware.bin. Those will come later, so save them."
^That link. I just don't know what's in it.

have to talk with SciresM about it. He wrote the Readme.

I managed to get everything to work (thank you for all the help, guys!) and the patcher is working and I did everything on the readme file but I can't find the patched rom anywhere, though. It's not on the same directory. This is all I have in the Patch directory:

2vjzm1j.png

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it on the folder before it. :)

Edited by seri-kun

Edit:

rxtool is effectively canned and will be merged with pastacfw

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-cfw-a-cfw-that-allows-unsigned-cia-to-be-installed-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/

Edited by yuuki

Did not help anything, unfortunately. Here is the content of my SD card when I try with Decrypt 9.

http://i.imgur.com/RChnZcG.png

As mentioned I have tried other programs that have the padgen dump thing, but these both have failed.

did u try bobsung method it really easy ( download xorpad from somewhere else and use legit dump / clean rom )

but anyway after i know how decrypt9 work it pretty easy too but i won't bother doing that anymore

also now require 3ds jp for running dlc ( it used to work with my us emunand but not anymore with this but after region swap it working again )

did u try bobsung method it really easy ( download xorpad from somewhere else and use legit dump / clean rom )

but anyway after i know how decrypt9 work it pretty easy too but i won't bother doing that anymore

also now require 3ds jp for running dlc ( it used to work with my us emunand but not anymore with this but after region swap it working again )

Yes, I tried that method as I said earlier, and the patcher said it could not validate the file.

And others using the translation patch are finding the DLC no longer works, too.

So I have a Japanese New 3DS with firmware 8.1.0-0J, what method works? I read that the NTR_CFW method doesn't allow online play, is this correct?

Also I would need Cubic ninja?

Edited by Xanek