[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

So I have a Japanese New 3DS with firmware 8.1.0-0J, what method works? I read that the NTR_CFW method doesn't allow online play, is this correct?

After you update your New3DS to 9.0-9.2, use PastaCFW (need Japanese Cubic Ninja). And then install the game as .cia.

Edit: Crap, there's a "0" in the end. That means there's no browser... Installing an update from game cartridges also won't give you the browser... The only way to get Ninjhax right now is to find a save that corresponds with the firmware your New3DS is on (9.0, 9.1, or 9.2) and then use savedatafiler on one of your 3DS to inject the save into the Japanese Cubic Ninja.

Edited by Linkmstr

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I tried that method as I said earlier, and the patcher said it could not validate the file.

And others using the translation patch are finding the DLC no longer works, too.

not validate mean your rom and xorpad not match it and dlc will work if you change emunand region to jp ( i already did that and it work )

i pm you something try that it should work since it work on my friend too but you need 9.7 emunand ( 9.7 + only )

Edited by Complexity

Czar_Yoshi - Main Translator

I'd really love to be that helpful, but I'm pretty sure all I've done is asked/answered a few questions in the other thread...

Also the text in the difficulty selection screenshot looks a little squished (the descriptions are touching the icons). You might want to add a space at the start of each of those or something, unless the screenshots are old and that's already been fixed.

not validate mean your rom and xorpad not match it and dlc will work if you change emunand region to jp ( i already did that and it work )

i pm you something try that it should work since it work on my friend too but you need 9.7 emunand ( 9.7 + only )

Do you know how to change emunand region on Gateway? That is what I am using.

The description of the Cafeteria in My Castle (from the menu with Felcia/Joker to build it) cuts off. It says, "Cook food using an ingredient. In Castle Battle, grants".

I think I'm using the 1.1 patch.

(Also, may be I'm just being too anal but the description of thr Nohrian Armory doesn't have a period at the end.)

I also noticed some exclamation marks look like they're italicized while others aren't.

Do you know how to change emunand region on Gateway? That is what I am using.

Search change emunand region in google it look complicate but actually it pretty easy if u just want jp emunand for dlc then ignore the clear garbage file/delete title id

Edited by Complexity

But sometimes it went off screen like weapon name or chapter name.

Making note of where that happens and posting it here helps the team fix them faster, if you want to contribute.

Went to check there first, but the forum has been down for some hours now. Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow. But this seems more like the translation patch broke something it shouldn't have at this point.

Well really as far as we're aware, several items and names, including Chapter Titles, are overly extending, as well as Lilith's food disappearing (which we'll fix in one of the next patches).

What's this something that shouldn't have broke?

Well really as far as we're aware, several items and names, including Chapter Titles, are overly extending, as well as Lilith's food disappearing (which we'll fix in one of the next patches).

What's this something that shouldn't have broke?

DLC is no longer recognized if you use the translation. Someone said if you set your 3DS region to Japanese, you can see the DLC again, but this was not necessary before the translation patch release.

DLC is no longer recognized if you use the translation. Someone said if you set your 3DS region to Japanese, you can see the DLC again, but this was not necessary before the translation patch release.

Oh yeah, we already heard about that. SciresM said he'd fix it within a day or two.

So instead of rxtool, I should get that instead?

you could but i wouldnt recomend it yet. Due Pasta still running in sysnand mode in which you can screw up you system when you do something bad.

you could but i wouldnt recomend it yet. Due Pasta still running in sysnand mode in which you can screw up you system when you do something bad.

Okay I'm really confused now. Then maybe I don't understand what you mean by "rxtool is effectively canned". OTL I literally don't know what any of these names mean and the instructions aren't clear enough for someone who doesn't do these hacks regularly at least...to me...? Maybe I'm really that stupid.

Edited by Hatsuoki

I've created this account just to come here and thank all of you for your incredible work. It blew my mind I wasnt even expecting that you would translate stuff like skills descriptions. Your version is working wonderfully on my Old3ds with patched RxTools2.5(RxPasta) emunand 9.8. You can PM me for more precision.

Edited by Lawasan

Okay I'm really confused now. Then maybe I don't understand what you mean by "rxtool is effectively canned". OTL I literally don't know what any of these names mean and the instructions aren't clear enough for someone who doesn't do these hacks regularly at least...to me...? Maybe I'm really that stupid.

well rx tool still works how it is indented but it wont be updated by itself anymore, only in conection with pasta cfw.

Sysnand = the firmware of your 3ds.

emunand = the emulated firmware that is on your sd card

if you emunand is corupted you simply create a new, if you corupt your sysnand you are so out of luck without an backup and an certain mod.

Edited by yuuki

Patcher Version 1.2 Released!

- DLC's should work now after repatching the Game!

Thanks, just changed my o3ds emunand to japanese, so hopefully the dlc works and that this patch works with it as well.

It's a tiny bit annoying that we gotta patch the rom everytime a patch comes out lol, takes quite a bit to install the game each time <_<

Edited by Xanek