Klok Plays: THE ADVENTURES OF THE BOULDER AND CAPTAIN PHANTOM

Klokinator

Hoping for a cyclops, Gargoyle or a manakete M!

Also can Soldiers and monsters promote in this hack?

Me too.

And if they can't, I'll make them.

Part two of chapter three: The pain truly begins.

[spoiler=The easy part lol]

That spoiler title is a lie. This was ass. This chapter was FUCKING ASS. Took 1.5 hours to beat.

y4JXlsu.png

First off, this mother fucker. He's one hell of a conundrum. With the steel axe equipped, he has 74 AVO. Without it equipped, he has 80 AVO. My highest hitrate was 106, but that was Hayden who couldn't even damage this piece of filth. The only unit who could both damage him, not waste a shitton of magic uses, and have a hitrate in the double digits was Seth wielding an Iron Sword. A slim sword might have worked too, but I was only dealing 4 damage at first with 29 hitrate. I could have had higher hitrate via WTA, but then he'd have an axe to attack back with his godlike stats and Seth would have died. So instead, I ran him out of weapon uses by spamming summons (Which also gave a bunch of shitty levels to THE BOULDER YAY) and then slowwwwwwwly rng-abusing 29% 4 damage hits on the boss with Seth until I finally killed him. The nice part though was that Seth got some geat levels out of it, so that's nice! I'll probably be AAing him to 20/20 if possible. I get the distinct impression that later enemies and bosses will be EVEN WORSE UGH.

Unless... arena enemies are also buffed... FML. And let's not forget Seth can't gain any more HP so THAT'S JUST FUCKING GREAT.

SGUo5Pp.pngt6GMOJH.png

We start the chapter with Seth and this guy trading blows for two turns. The enemies are already beginning to FAR outstrip my unit's potential. Grinding Seth will likely be mandatory and this is literally going to be his solo adventure along with THE BOULDER'S summons, who are actually pretty darn good thanks to leveling with their summoner.)

BtIT8Xr.png

Move TEH KWEEN up top so her highness can recruit whoever appears up there.

4yXqpXZ.png

A pirate appears. Probably some nasty scruffy ruffian.

wkqI30G.png5T6kRVg.png

...or not. It's Innes! The queen recruits the prince, how fitting lol. This sumbitch has actual HP, STR, SPD, and DEF stats?! ENDGAME UNIT! So long as his growths hold up of course, but seriously he's pretty awesome, he wrecks shit in this chapter.

2AyztwT.png

Seth kills off that bandit for a GOD LEVEL.

YasHcZD.pngMhlTQaf.png

I decide to have THE BOULDER and YOUR HINNES grab the chests with the iron lance and Javelin. The queen contributes little or nothing during the chapter, except killing that thief and the merc. I could have had Seth do it but I was hoping she'd get a level. She did not. Her STR and SPD are freaking pitiful too, she sucks so bad.

YX8H177.png

I was originally going to kill Knoll off, but it seems he has one use: Destroying walls without wasting weapon uses. HE HAS A PURPOSE YAAAAY

Aq52ywi.pngSKe0Ega.png

ISMEAR's this guy all over the wall. (The puns won't stop)

kEagF3I.png

You need to do better. A lot better.

qupHfyn.png

Turns out she killed one bandit, this thief, and a mercenary and still didn't get a level. I miss FE7CM Guy where a knight can get great EXP. Makes them so much more useful. Going from FE7CM knights to vanilla FE8 knights exposes how bad knights really are.

Fa59NTA.png

Seth before we fight the boss.

hMpCsc8.png

Let the 50 turn nightmare... BEGIN!

ojV4vPY.png

These summons can't do shit vs the boss.

50ds97h.png

Their stats are actually not bad though, in all seriousness.

GyaH1MN.pngOZvziYj.pngDGgRvPu.png

gxXh8t6.pngPpY88jZ.png

THE BOULDER showing us his useless manly levels. YOU NEED SPEED, FUCKER. GET SOME SPEED GROWTHS.

rg0f0DB.png

By the end of grinding the boss's weapon durability down, this is how much the summon has improved. Not bad in all fairness!

FYxPTuV.pngD6UUTq3.png

Seth does better with the boss having an axe equipped damage and hitrate wise, but he cannot survive even a single round of combat. Compare this to the second image, showing his damage and hitrate once the weapons are gone.

qtxqC4Y.pngFvqlOsa.pngGMFwbeI.pngbPBEwX0.png

Compare Seth to everyone else, you see why Seth was the only candidate. I could have used THE BOULDER too but that Nosferatu is waaaay too precious to waste.

wDBZuvg.png

Normally 99 EXP sucks, but since missing in combat gives me exactly 1 EXP, I was able to grind a better level off this with missing and rng abuse.

ECKphVQ.png

Tada! In retrospect, more SKL would have been better.

HVumepX.png

Finally we've killed the fucker and we can end the chapter.

z5QQwrX.png

LOL 80+ FUCKING TURNS GODDAMNIT DUDE I AM THE GREATEST LTCER OF ALL TIME! But seriously, I bet Dondon could beat the entirety of FE7 in the number of turns it took me to beat this one chapter, with plenty of change left over.

[spoiler=GROWTHS N SHIT]

F1CRXOZ.pngh5bM9vY.png

Growths:

HP: 45%

POW: 55%

SKL: 10%

SPD: 105%

LUK: 0%

DEF: 85%

RES: 0%

Comments: HOLY SHIT! Yeah okay, not amazing HP growth, and the inability to hit anything will suck later on, but that HP/STR/SPD/DEF combo isn't too bad! And best of all promoting her to a General means I can finally have an actual tank! And a fast one at that!

Klok rates: 7/10.

wkqI30G.png5T6kRVg.png

Growths:

HP: 75%

POW: 0%

SKL: 60%

SPD: 0%

LUK: 45%

DEF: 70%

RES: 0%

Comments: I'm so disappointed. He had the bases to become a godlike unit, but in the end his growths suck shit. 0% STR/SPD, really nigga? I don't mind the RES since every character up to like chapter 2 has stupid good RES, but why did your bases have to imply good growths? Fuck you. The irony is that Ismaire is now my Est and this guy, while first appearing good, will suck shit within one or two chapters.

Klok rates: 4-5/10.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should really really train Ismaire there, to actually have a decent unit. And even if Innes' bases suck, I advise you to use him for the moment. You'll need manpower.

And you can also abuse, totally abuse of the fact FE8 AI prioritizes summons.

EDIT : Hey Klok, unless the boss of the tower is randomized...

It is now an awesome manakete.

Edited by Nintales

Ismaire, one day she will be godlike.

And you can also abuse, totally abuse of the fact FE8 AI prioritizes summons.

EDIT : Hey Klok, unless the boss of the tower is randomized...

It is now an awesome manakete.

What. How ?

Ismaire, one day she will be godlike.

What. How ?

Instead of being an Entombed, the boss of the tower's first floor in my randomized version is for some reason a Manakete with a Dragonstone;

Instead of being an Entombed, the boss of the tower's first floor in my randomized version is for some reason a Manakete with a Dragonstone;

That would suck all twenty flavors of ass. Actually it'd be badass if that was the final level's boss, but not the first goddamn floor. (Keep in mind though you can still grind by simply exiting after killing some enemies.)

attachicon.gifMoulder the Boulder.jpg

It had to be done.

Muh boulderarchy

Anyway, time for chapter 4: The Training of ISMEAR!

[spoiler=Muh boulderarchy]

XgGiw6U.png

Started the chapter by buying a flux tome for THE BOULDER. I would have bought a heal staff for him too but... well... you'll see.

Mwjysqh.png

Wait, could that be... no... it can't be...

aMKsy3o.pngHNXJ1Kh.png

A HEALERRRRRRRR butgainedwaytoolategoddamnit. Seriously though, I can just buy Heal staves for MUH BOULDER now. And this guy has stats in all the wrong places. Of course, growths can make or break a bitch at this point, and with arena grinding possibly on the horizon, who knows? I'll need a healer for that, maybe I'll use two.

FY0pmUS.png

WHO COULD IT BE?! WHAT CLASS COULD IT BE?! THE ANTICIPATIONNNN

0ChTDcR.png

For the first time. Since the start of the game. My units will be doubling.

ZkjoORf.png

Curses!

9uxzNH0.png

Ewan, ever the badass, polishes this guy off after Artur fails to do so.

IfwFvAq.png

Innes, that's not cool dude. Rape of this level is banned in all 50 states.

ejVwCTv.pngfqPJvr2.png

Ismaire gains a shitton of levels on this chapter. By the end, she will be shining. Keep in mind, when promotion time for certain units appears, but not all of them, I will ask the viewers who to promote them to!

qi89cIT.png

The phantom just KEEPS on gaining HP! This guy is literally better than Ewan right now. EWAN YOU'RE LOSING TO AN ETHEREAL BEING! COME ON, DUDE!

BkhDdCn.pngcB2EdFs.pngoTWgfCU.png

Oh look, you found ONE enemy type you can actually fight without looking like a completely useless unit. Just fantastic.

fj4vESA.png

Artur, as you may recall, is one of only 4ish units with good growths. He's becoming quite useful.

rsjJpZx.png

YESSSS! ABSORB THEIR POWER!

OiIWof0.png

This enemy doubled Ewan. Dude, Ewan, let's level for a second here. You escaped by the skin of your teeth. This is not cool. Revenants are lower than Soldiers on the enemy tier. They're weaker than slimes in a typical RPG. And you're the main lord. You have GOT to step your game up.

Fuck it, I can't wait for Ephraim's replacement. Anything is better than my current main lord.

k8nbSLg.png

Sneek peek of teh threebies

onSqDDe.pngzzwBCJI.png

Artur is only taking three damage from these guys. RES game too stronk.

lkkhIAI.pnglD9dOTu.png

Walk in the park. I doubt anything will top last chapter's boss. And oh god I'm gonna regret that, aren't I?

1ITlbc3.pnglmNWLNV.png

Hayden: Sucks/10. He gets pretty OK levels though. Too bad he lacks and always will lack SPD.

58hUdA6.png

OK COME ON THE SUMMON IS LITERALLY NOT EVEN DYING TO A SINGLE HIT ANYMORE! JESUS CHRIST!

I swear that Phantom is this hack's MVP. If it had a battle counter, the rounds and number of hits it took from Bazba alone would put it in the 1,000+ range.

fVtophg.pngM7bGsjg.png3NeLEoM.png

Levels! Growths! Things! Action!

JeQ3hbk.png

I can't believe Ewan was doubled by one of these guys. What a disgrace.

ws6H6ig.png

Wait... out of that village... it can't be. A knight?! I ALREADY HAVE ISMEAR! Oh well, maybe he's actually pretty goo-

I0xQBG1.pngkdevkhA.png

/throws computer out the window/

F1lRQbJ.pngrTw93nP.png

Come on, ISMEAR! Rape of this level is illegal in all 50 sta- whoops, made that joke already.

n9132wy.png

Yeah... if you're gonna get this boss kill, gonna have to be the final hit.

4Hw9FS8.png

I knew that 20 RES would be useful! THE BOULDER shows us how a real man does what they do!

uUpp2Fr.pngzv0ZwMw.png

Weaken with Innes, mop up with ISMEAR! At this point she would be doubling all the enemies in the chapter.

2RWb7fv.png

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS STRIKES AGAIN! Keep the chit-chat to yourself and focus on raising those stats, maggot! Magvel ain't gonna save itself!

8oBPuuY.png

K.

[spoiler=Muh growths]

aMKsy3o.pngHNXJ1Kh.png

Growths:

HP: 45%

STR: 20%

SKL: 65%

SPD: 95:

LUK: 40%

DEF: 40%

RES: 45%

Komments: I know I've said it before, but I want to reiterate, I don't know any character's growths until literally the part of the LP when I type the growths out. I'm pleasantly surprised. His bases aren't great, and that MAG leaves much to be desired, but these stats are pretty good, and I desperately need SPEEDY GONZALES!

Klok rates: 6-8/10 depending on how he grows.

I0xQBG1.pngkdevkhA.png

Growths:

HP: 5%

STR: 15%

SKL: 80%

SPD: 30%

LUK: 80%

DEF: 15%

RES: 95%

Komments: What the actual fuck is even going on here?? His bases scream "LOOK AT ME I'M A HARDCORE KNIGHT WHO LITERALLY DOESN'T EVEN NEED A POINT OF SPEED!!!" but his growths are like... "I'm an autistic cleric!" 95% RES, why? I'm so baffled right now.

Klok rates: 0/10. Yep. I'm literally rating him below Knoll. That 0 SPD is too awful. And not even growths that make any sense at all. Just terrible. I guess 7 movement is a thing but fuck it.

Fun fact: I uploaded exactly 44 images in the last three chapters, each time. What a weird freaky coincidence. Maybe it means something...

Edited by Klokinator

Fun fact: I uploaded exactly 44 images in the last three chapters, each time. What a weird freaky coincidence. Maybe it means something...

Spoiler : 4 means death.

Strangely fitting.

Spoiler : 4 means death.

Konichiwa.

Chapter 5 part 1: The Incredibles

[spoiler=Get ready to rekt]

7cweLAZ.png

And I will be grinding it in part 2.

C7xz6im.png

PLZ BE GOOD PLZ BE GOOD PLZ BE GOOOOOOD

O28nga1.pngTe0ajtj.png

She's GOOOOOOD! HP, STR, SPD, DEF, literally all I wanted for Christmas. Growths matter of course, but even if they're total shit I imagine she'll be pretty okay for a couple chapters.

Also, for Otaku, she retained a healing staff. Need to fix that. Should have randomized to another monster claw or something.

l0Zs9YI.png

MEANWHILE, UP HERE

QjbumMM.png8OD3e23.png

OH MY GOD THOSE STATS

THAT SPEED

THAT STR

IS THIS EVEN A THIEF??

Seriously though, wow. Best thief in any FE game, 200/10. I once again beg the goddesses for good growths.

y1lL6QL.png

So, this is ISMEAR at chapter's beginning. Gonna try and grind the everloving fuck out of her. (Hue hue)

mShwiCT.pngAHNQGnV.pngmQELljU.png

meh the enemies aren't that strong I've definitely seen toughe-

QuaaFX9.png

WHY GOD HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME

3UufY3X.pngJdoWXag.png

michael-scott-no.gif

(At least the RES is shitty???)

lx6XWPl.png

Start off the chapter by sending unts to the right and left. Right side is definitely the hardest, all the enemies rush here and as I find out later, the bandits from the Bern mountains are no joke and they nearly ransack the houses. (Spoiler: I still save them all. Not all heroes wear capes.)

Tbweu8i.png

Daily reminder: This little shit hasn't gained a single point of HP nor will he ever.

RVvMfsz.pngCRboGRI.png

Twirls!

G8LmAmq.png

These fighters have the most speed of any unit on the map, barring the top left 20 SPD merc. They're pretty weak though.

w8yGIDq.pngr5F6Y9n.png

Wat. Tethys why are you in this house. You're supposed to be up top looking all sexy and waiting to be recruited.

SrFwfJu.png4nmSExt.png

Ewan gained DEF! Finally a useful stat not named STR.

5leXNRW.pngKmkzbDX.png

Seth is evolving!

Seth became: BADASS!

zmqVsJq.png

I think the poison claw slows her down by a point or two, because the Rotten Claw was certainly more accurate and doubled more often.

Cl5MfeF.png

...why

sArdJxr.png

Welp, Ewan's fucked. Guess I better restar- ... wait.

qoGVvy9.pnguzXfcEO.png

#Phantom4MVP

JVKcr3Q.pngR34Z9w8.png

Hayden, Rennac, and Artur have to triple team this guy. His defenses for some reason were through the ROOF.

aZJZdXy.pnglETGFDS.png

First level. It's ok. GET SPEED AND DEF TOO! AND HP! ACTUALLY JUST GET EVERYTHING, PLEASE! THANKS!

e2VZJ3n.png

Considering his low MAG growth, that's always nice to see.

4NBS0yg.png

Cool.

n9NL2vv.png

Got this from the lower village too. Topmost one is just a torch. Unfortunately I failed to realize this and struggled the whole chapter to get up there. I feel so ripped off.

qgN6MMz.png

1. Fado died, brutally.

2. Plot twist: This is actually a savage uppercut.

xhGc9yq.png

Ismaire died immediately afterwards. I rewound a turn and fixed some things.

FbPkJZB.pngWaQAwsM.png

That steel sword weighs her down like a firetruck.

Dtj7Zp1.pngNsu1B29.pngQsDeQG8.png

Ewan tries to learn from Seth! It's super awesome! Also he hits level 10 so he'll be promoting at the end of this chapter unless... glitches. And Fado did a thing too.

yAsWFEB.pngQ0NgGUz.png8iOth3T.png

This guy looks hard to beat, but that 13 attack means anyone with good defense will easily best him. Rennac ended up doing most of the damage, with Seth stealing the kill EXP.

B4wPxgm.png

The brigands that attack the villages are not ones to trifle with. They mean business.

gHa1ZJY.png

Hey, let's test the arena real quick with THE BOULDER! This should be an easy win!

DpTPjnL.pngsF25xk0.png6Sdai1M.png

What could possibl-

4lpY1jm.png

...No arena for you anymore, mister.

n1qACWD.png

Summoned CAPTAIN PHANTOM and got pretty much a perfect BOULDER level.

x4O7kg3.png

Get speed, you daft cunt.

VaOyPxM.png

Niceme.me

flgacyl.pngxHZeX9e.png

Have all of my children, please.

efi6xd4.png

Good thing your growths are coming up next, because with a level like that, I'm DYING to see what they are!

Part two will be a bunch of levelups in a row from the Arena.

[spoiler=gruwths bruh]

O28nga1.pngTe0ajtj.png

Growths:

HP: 0%

STR: 145%

SKL: 0%

SPD: 0%

LUK: 0%

DEF: 55%

RES: 85%

Komments: I... words... fail me... I can't believe I got a minmaxer like this... I wanna die.

Klok rates: 5/10. 14 base speed is pretty good, and that STR/DEF/RES growth is really good. She'll make for a good tank. At least until there's an alternative.

QjbumMM.png8OD3e23.png

Growths:

HP: 35%

STR: 25%

SKL: 115%

SPD: 50%

LUK: 15%

DEF: 95%

RES: 40%

Komments: On one hand, THOSE BASES. Plus she's only level 5. On the other hand, every stat she sucks in has a stupendous growth and every stat she rocks in still has a good growth. She may just be the perfect thief!

Klok rates: 10/10. Yes, I gave her a perfect rating. Maybe she won't max STR, but I think she will. The only tough choice now is... Assassin or Rogue?

Edited by Klokinator

Assassin obviously. Lethality animation is always nice.

Agreed, especially since FE8 isn't full of stealables. And seeing some of the enemies the game throws at you lethality might be a necessity.

Those... are great points. Lethality is probably a requirement for the bullshit I'll be putting up with.

IMAGE DUUUMP

[spoiler=best.thief.ever.]
sVtlAr3.pngSneH4Gx.png0mgkDdb.pnguRtIJPS.png
cSe8h9b.pngbYgkSHH.pngjvQ7cc2.png9XPLwZZ.png
9F5zxtu.pngsJ9JwM5.png3lfEoSx.pngExBjjOI.png
vUcHvvi.pngmFVFbQK.pnglhPUB2F.png2wdiV91.png
haSYcJR.png0LMnLWx.pngJkXwbri.pngzjisxHe.png

Fun fact: I didn't RNG abuse even once. Her growths are just that good. Also, she died. A lot. When she did score kills, Ijust took it and moved on.

2ff21b5964.png

Theme song confirmed

Edited by Klokinator

That would suck all twenty flavors of ass. Actually it'd be badass if that was the final level's boss, but not the first goddamn floor. (Keep in mind though you can still grind by simply exiting after killing some enemies.)

Don't forget she has only 1-Range, so you can chip her if your units are strong enough for that. I didn't test if she moved though.

Woah.

That Tethys.

gg game.

Edited by Nintales

I think I heard the trainees were hard coded, so I wouldn't get your hopes up on Ewan promoting properly.

Actually, due to the logic of handing out classes, Ewan might still be tier 0 (instead of tier 1 (i.e. trainee (2)) that I normally give out to everybody else) so he's probably never promoting until potentially Ch. 17, and even then, he might be forced into Eirika Great Lord.

I need to look into the weapon ranks. I realized I didn't even set up ranks for anything past FE6, so I added them in later, though maybe I was a bit too hasty in that. I'll have to revisit that when I have time.

So is now the time to photoshop Sethys cause Moulder the Boulder only took like 5 minutes

Really though, your luck seems to be shaping up at the moment! Dissapointed in Syrene though.

I think I heard the trainees were hard coded, so I wouldn't get your hopes up on Ewan promoting properly.

Actually, due to the logic of handing out classes, Ewan might still be tier 0 (instead of tier 1 (i.e. trainee (2)) that I normally give out to everybody else) so he's probably never promoting until potentially Ch. 17, and even then, he might be forced into Eirika Great Lord.

I need to look into the weapon ranks. I realized I didn't even set up ranks for anything past FE6, so I added them in later, though maybe I was a bit too hasty in that. I'll have to revisit that when I have time.

1. Yeah I heard that too. I'll fix it if they are.

2. Pretty sure he's T0, since he capped at level 10.

3. Sweet!

One thing : You might consider hacking Cormag's replacement's class so you can recruit him. He always start in a tile you can only reach by flying, and you won't be able to reach him with your Eirika.

And Ephraim's route is a death trap. I abandoned at chapter 10, mainly because recruiting Cormag while not suffering from the Cavs reinforcements AND saving the village near Duessel (double his replacement's base def else he's dead due to OP Myrm) is quite impossible.

I think you'll also need to buff the Gerik's replacement bases if you go Eirika Route. Same goes for L'Arachel's and Dozla's.

One thing : You might consider hacking Cormag's replacement's class so you can recruit him. He always start in a tile you can only reach by flying, and you won't be able to reach him with your Eirika.

And Ephraim's route is a death trap. I abandoned at chapter 10, mainly because recruiting Cormag while not suffering from the Cavs reinforcements AND saving the village near Duessel (double his replacement's base def else he's dead due to OP Myrm) is quite impossible.

I think you'll also need to buff the Gerik's replacement bases if you go Eirika Route. Same goes for L'Arachel's and Dozla's.

I don't remember asking for spoilers '3'

Also you realize I can just hack the game a bit if it gets too stupidly hard, right?

Nobody will get a buff. The point of an 'up to 100% enemy growth increase' playthrough is MAD HARDCOER DIFFICULTY!

[spoiler=10,000 FAILS IN THE AIRRRRR]

eiQBIUQ.png

Seth gets rekked in the Arena. He's pretty great but not good enough to fight there. My only other decent candidate is a monster who is locked out.

LsutIje.png

I'm not actually trying to wear the bosses' uses down, I just wanted to grind CAPTAIN PHANTOM AND THE BOULDER up a few levels. Holy shit, I call dibs on that for a band name.

QJHleuD.pngGZlVTyW.pngli8jKK4.pngooAWgIt.png

20 DEF is no joke. Even Tethy's can barely hurt him and she's an Est reincarnated.

YPCdQjW.pngd4SS1m2.png

Good thing his RES is shitty!

tszVPrJ.pngSOHZCNk.pngv2QUOiG.png

I did RNG abuse these. Forgive me for CAPTAIN PHANTOM AND THE BOULDER need manly levels!

eji4MLj.pngIgs8pXw.png

The actual boss kills go to these two. Not bad levels.

3SK8oZ8.png

hue hue hue

bAh6HIF.png

Lightning fast 91 turn completion.

Mp62xvk.png

...neat. Ocean Seal would have been a lot better.

ZhMCJyu.png

Since when is meeting a CRAZY PSYCHO LOOKING ASSASSIN a good thing??

JhIFCkJ.png

HOLY SHIT