[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

I installed the update and no saves were lost.

This is actually only if you uninstall the game, which if you use a fbi installer, i'm pretty sure it'll remove the previous version and install the new one, though if you use something like BigBlueMenu, it'll overwrite and the saves will still be there, either way use SaveDataFiler and backup the save data just incase.

Though if you have the special edition or at least 2 paths, anything other than the first 3 save slots will be saved on the SD card and will persist even if the game is uninstalled from the FBI installed unless you delete it in-game or off of the SD card.

Hello, i'm pretty sure all of you can tell but i'm new here. i just stumbled upon this fan translation and i would like to get it but, i would like to know if any of you could answer a few questions i have about this. i'll put it in numbers so everyone can answer it easier and i don't miss any information along the way. if possible please answer in the same format.

1. I currently am in negotiations with someone who already has custom firmware with rxtools already installed on a nintendo 3ds xl (not the most recent version). his firmware is 4.4.0-10E. if i got this and the special edition of the game can i still get the patch and everything or do i specifically need a 3ds with firmware 9.2.0?

2. From everyone else point of view would it be easier to get a japanese 3ds or an english 3ds for things to go more smoothly?

3. If i do get the special edition of fire emblem if/fates will i have the third story already available or will i have to download that via japan eshop and if so how will i go about doing that without updating my firmware?

4. Is it possible that anyone has a video of a tutorial showcasing how to do this step by step especially with future updates? i don't mind if it has a voice or not so long as it can be very descriptive of the dos and don'ts of each step.

i apologize for the long read and stiff speech but, i want to make sure i have all information at hand before i start investing money into this especially considering i'm only doing this for one game.

Edit: the first question has a little more detail now then before.

1.rxTools can create a emuNAND from 2.0-9.2 (Depending on the 3DS) firmware i'm pretty sure, so as long as you have a emuNAND created from rxTools it should be fine, you would just update the firmware on the emuNAND to the highest available for that 3DS (I think it can go up to 9.8-9.9? Don't quote me on that).

Though for the special edition, if you're planning on actually obtaining the game and playing it, the translation patch currently and probably won't work at all with the physical cartridge, as if you're trying to do it "legitimately", you'll have to dump your own game and patch it with the patcher, otherwise you could go with piracy, but as stated in the original post, piracy isn't supported and no links will be given.

2. Either should be okay, you can change the language of the firmware on the emuNAND to Japanese or English by updating the emuNAND firmware to those region specific updates.

Note that the New Nintendo 3DS will need a higher firmware in order to run some exploits and custom firmware.

3. The third path will not be available, you would either have to get it via in-game (I think that's the only way to do it legitimately, idk about getting it through eshop) or download the cia version of the DLC, which would be piracy unless you obtain it from your own game.

Though if you plan on getting it via the eshop it would have to be from the Japanese version of your emuNAND (I think, still don't quote me on this), and you would need a Japanese Nintendo Network ID to bind it to, which would be a problem if anything were to happen as you really can't recover it if you contact Nintendo (Though you'll probably have to contact Nintendo of Japan since it'll be for the Japan version).

Though if you want to access the eshop you would need to download a eshop spoofer and have it installed on the emuNAND in order to access eshop and majority of online features.

4. What do you mean with future updates, like future updates to the fan translation patches or for future updates as in like any update to the custom firmware for the 3DS's, game updates, what exactly?

If its CFW, you would need to goto their respective forums and seek out help and find updates there, for the fan translation for this game, you can probably just ask here and get it resolved if there is anyone around here to answer.

Sorry if any of my explanations is confusing.

Edited by Xanek

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually only if you uninstall the game, which if you use a fbi installer, i'm pretty sure it'll remove the previous version and install the new one, though if you use something like BigBlueMenu, it'll overwrite and the saves will still be there, either way use SaveDataFiler and backup the save data just incase.

Though if you have the special edition or at least 2 paths, anything other than the first 3 save slots will be saved on the SD card and will persist even if the game is uninstalled from the FBI installed unless you delete it in-game or off of the SD card.

1.rxTools can create a emuNAND from 2.0-9.2 (Depending on the 3DS) firmware i'm pretty sure, so as long as you have a emuNAND created from rxTools it should be fine, you would just update the firmware on the emuNAND to the highest available for that 3DS (I think it can go up to 9.8-9.9? Don't quote me on that).

Though for the special edition, if you're planning on actually obtaining the game and playing it, the translation patch currently and probably won't work at all with the physical cartridge, as if you're trying to do it "legitimately", you'll have to dump your own game and patch it with the patcher, otherwise you could go with piracy, but as stated in the original post, piracy isn't supported and no links will be given.

2. Either should be okay, you can change the language of the firmware on the emuNAND to Japanese or English by updating the emuNAND firmware to those region specific updates.

Note that the New Nintendo 3DS will need a higher firmware in order to run some exploits and custom firmware.

3. The third path will not be available, you would either have to get it via in-game (I think that's the only way to do it legitimately, idk about getting it through eshop) or download the cia version of the DLC, which would be piracy unless you obtain it from your own game.

Though if you plan on getting it via the eshop it would have to be from the Japanese version of your emuNAND (I think, still don't quote me on this), and you would need a Japanese Nintendo Network ID to bind it to, which would be a problem if anything were to happen as you really can't recover it if you contact Nintendo (Though you'll probably have to contact Nintendo of Japan since it'll be for the Japan version).

Though if you want to access the eshop you would need to download a eshop spoofer and have it installed on the emuNAND in order to access eshop and majority of online features.

4. What do you mean with future updates, like future updates to the fan translation patches or for future updates as in like any update to the custom firmware for the 3DS's, game updates, what exactly?

If its CFW, you would need to goto their respective forums and seek out help and find updates there, for the fan translation for this game, you can probably just ask here and get it resolved if there is anyone around here to answer.

Sorry if any of my explanations is confusing.

i apologize i didn't word it correctly i'll explain what i mean in questions 3 and 4

with question 3 i was asking if i got the special edition (which will allow me to "pre-order" the third storyline) will that too be translated or will i have to wait which leads to my question in question 4....

with question 4 i was asking when the third chapter comes out (or is already out seeing as people already know what happens in it and all.) as well as any errors corrected from proofreading of said translations or extra patches that help fix amiibo interactions and such i was asking when you (or if you) do that will i have to get an update to that as well to get the proper experience and if so how would i go about doing so.

again i apologize for the inconvenience of my poor choice of words.

i apologize i didn't word it correctly i'll explain what i mean in questions 3 and 4

with question 3 i was asking if i got the special edition (which will allow me to "pre-order" the third storyline) will that too be translated or will i have to wait which leads to my question in question 4....

with question 4 i was asking when the third chapter comes out (or is already out seeing as people already know what happens in it and all.) as well as any errors corrected from proofreading of said translations or extra patches that help fix amiibo interactions and such i was asking when you (or if you) do that will i have to get an update to that as well to get the proper experience and if so how would i go about doing so.

again i apologize for the inconvenience of my poor choice of words.

All 3 paths will be translated by the team, they're trying to get it translated before the western release of the game, they've currently only have translated chapters 1-12 from Nohr and Hoshido paths, the 3rd path hasn't been translated yet.

The 3rd path has been out for a while now, I forgot when it was released. The translation team i'm sure will correct any errors that we report and will be proofread and corrected for a later patch.

For amiibo interactions, i'm confused on what you mean, if you mean translating their lines to make it easier to know what they're talking about then yeah, they'll most likely translate amiibo and DLC dialogue. Though if you're talking about like any problems with the game itself without the patch that has problems with Amiibo, then you'll have to wait until Nintendo releases a patch to fix the problems.

Just a small heads-up warning:

Patching the Invisible Kingdom / Touma path is probably going to be a lot more complicated than patching the normal two paths - Simply put, one would need to decrypt, extract, patch, and re-encrypt the files. This will also involve generating twice as many Xorpads. Cellenseres is looking into this, we'll try to implement this as part of the patcher. At any rate, Cellen says it should take a few days. (Luckily, this may also work on the normal DLC).

Edit: there's another way but...consider that not available for now :)

Edited by luyairis

Is there a way to play from a legitimate cartridge?

You could try it with NTR_CFW 3.0 (+LayeredFS). I'm not sure if it works, haven't tried it.

I'm able to boot Cubic Ninja (Retail Cartridge) while NTR_CFW 3.0 is running.

My Setup: [PastaCFW 1.3(Beta7) + FIRMLAUNCH] + [NTR_CFW 3.0 (Cia version) + LayeredFS]

Cubic Ninja (Retail Cartridge) is able to start while NTR_CFW is enabled. I'm not sure if FE:if will start, too.

Just try it out.

Well I'm planning on using Ironhax for homebrew when it's released so I won't be needing Cubic Ninja. Also, just out of curiosity, how much of the story is translated (script wise) so far?

BTW You guys are working at insane speeds. 18 chapters+menus in just over a month is almost unheard of. Thanks for the dedication!

We've translated ~30%? of the two Main-Paths "Hoshido" and "Nohr". the third path and the DLCs are a bit more difficult because we can't just add the translated files of Invisible Kingdom into the patched 3ds/cia. :\

We have to make a patcher for the dlcs itself (which is much more difficult than just patching the game.

Probably we COULD merge the Game+DLCs by editing the code.bin but this is VERY DIFFICULT.

is there any way to do this using Ironhax? it'll soon be released...

You can't play the patched game without a 3DS with an exploitable firmware (4.0-9.2). Ironhax will basically be like Ninjhax 2.0 where CFWs don't work on it since Smealum made it a bit different from Ninjhax 1.0-1.1b (which also only works on firmwares 4.0-9.2, btw) and he doesn't support piracy. Not to mention, the exploits that the CFWs use have been patched on firmware 9.3 and onward. Again, you can't use Ironhax to play the game patched.

So yeah, if your 3DS is on 9.3+, you can't use this patch until maybe someone from somewhere finds a vulnerability and makes an exploit for CFWs to work on firmwares 9.3+, but I doubt that will be happening any time soon.

So, first, this patch is awesome! Not using it myself, for various reasons, but that said...

Can I possibly request transcripts of the main chapter translations? More specifically, for the IK path? I'm aware only a few chapters have been done so far, but that's fine. The reason I'm asking is for fanfiction purposes, I need the IK script, and not just the summary. Actually, there are probably more then a few authors who would appreciate transcripts of the translations for all three story paths (I just happen to be interested in IK specifically). For instance, there have been a couple threads in the Fates general forum concerning rewrites/adaptations of the story. Even what few chapters done so far would be a godsend so I can actually start working.

Much appreciated in advance!

So, first, this patch is awesome! Not using it myself, for various reasons, but that said...

Can I possibly request transcripts of the main chapter translations? More specifically, for the IK path? I'm aware only a few chapters have been done so far, but that's fine. The reason I'm asking is for fanfiction purposes, I need the IK script, and not just the summary. Actually, there are probably more then a few authors who would appreciate transcripts of the translations for all three story paths (I just happen to be interested in IK specifically). For instance, there have been a couple threads in the Fates general forum concerning rewrites/adaptations of the story. Even what few chapters done so far would be a godsend so I can actually start working.

Much appreciated in advance!

We mentioned this a while back, but the only translated files we'll make available to the public are the ones that have been released in the most recent patch. If you want to use those files, you can either use SciresM's FEAT on the patch files, or I've uploaded the files onto Pastebin here. If you can't read the code, there is a code-removing program that can remove it for you (in .txt format), but it isn't perfect and misses some lines. If you want a perfect copy of the script, I would wait until we finish the full patch, and then ask and see if the editors are willing to go through that again.

If you contact the translators individually (or in your case, me), you might have some luck, but you also might not. Personally, I'm not in the mood to release any IK files before patch release.

Hey i have Problem with rxtools. Every time i try to go to launch.rxtools or the other site i get this error and well i have no idea what it says. If anyone here could help me i would be very gratefull.

エラーは発生しました。An error has occured.

プレイ中のソフトがある場合は If you are currently playing a game,

すぐにデータを保存して Please immediately save your data.

一旦電源をOFFにしてください。After doing so, please temporarily power off your system.

Hey i have Problem with rxtools. Every time i try to go to launch.rxtools or the other site i get this error and well i have no idea what it says. If anyone here could help me i would be very gratefull.

are you new or old 3DS cuz RXtool was only works old

are you new or old 3DS cuz RXtool was only works old

I already "solved" the Problem. Actually i still dont know why i got that error. Well after i restarted my "old" 3ds xl (9.2.0) a few times and redownloaded all files to my sd card it worked. Have to buy a new sd card tomorrow since 4 gb didnt work out

Well I finally got my copy. I couldn't boot my retail cart at all with reinand, and NTR either. The only thing that works was either the CIA i made or the 3ds file I rip playing off gateway.

Does the retail card boot up for those using CFW?

Edited by Rueo

Well I finally got my copy. I couldn't boot my retail cart at all with reinand, and NTR either. The only thing that works was either the CIA i made or the 3ds file I rip playing off gateway.

NTR_CFW has some strange bugs that seem to affect a lot of people using the patch. In most cases, it just doesn't work at all - so basically we don't support NTR_CFW and you can use an alternate method, use it.

Retail card seems to work for me >< I've been using rxMode on my o3ds up until recently to play the .cia. Since the release of NTR 3.0, I've been using rx+NTR to play with my retail cartridge, which boots up without issues.