Kaze VS Saizou

The Cain-Abel Ninjas  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like the most?

• Kaze (Suzukaze)
    • Saizou
    • Neither
    • Both

Because if there's going to be a Flora vs Felicia topic, then we mind as well have a topic about the Ninja bros.

Anyways...I choose Kaze because Suzukaze sounds way cooler than Saizou imo. o3o

Poll Edit: Added Neither and Both options.

Edited by Formerly Colm

Gameplay wise, Kaze is more speedy, whereas Saizou is much more well-balanced while having a huge edge in skill, meaning that Saizou will probably be activating Lethality a lot more than Kaze.

I prefer Saizou a lot more.

Kaze is cool and all, and while he's loyal to you no matter what, Saizou is simply awesome.

Overall: Suzukaze. But since there's a "both" option there's no reason not to vote for that.

Design: I like Saizou's style more in general, but Suzukaze also looks good in his own right. I really like their mask and head circlet thing.

Personality: Eh... This is a complicated matter. Saizou has much more depths than he lets on if you read his supports, he also doesn't suffer from "Kamui-sama" syndrome like Suzukaze. I have made quite some rants about the things that I'm bothered by Suzukaze's characterization in another thread, but I still really like him judging from his interactions with other characters. Generally, Saizou acts more like a stereotypical "grumpy manly guy" (for the lack of a better word...) who still has his soft spots if you're willing to interact with him, while Suzukaze is much nicer and dedicated to all people around him, though that also makes him feel unreal at times. In other words, Saizou's created to be a character (although a little stereotypical for my taste), and Suzukaze's created to be a "husbando", which is just sad if you ask me.

Gameplay: Dunno. I heard Kagerou is better than both of them. I'm a sucker for speedy characters so I'll probably use Kaze the most. Perhaps I'll deploy all of them because ninja-bias.

Edited by Ryo

Kaze. Definitely Kaze.

I have a distinct "husbando" bias towards the Abel in this pair (are they still the Cain and Abel of this game?), but there are a few other reasons I can point to. First, I prefer characters who are polite, nice, or at the very least, not outright rude you can call me kisama all you want Saizou just let me listen to your sexy voice I mean what? so I prefer Kaze in the personality department, even though Saizou is certainly more complex than he lets on. Second, I get a strong feeling from Kaze that his loyalty towards Kamui is due to some sort of "life debt" thing. Characters who are willing to commit to something like that get a huge boost in my opinion (so much so that I unironically liked Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars... and still do).

Another thing that I think Suzukaze's having an edge against Saizou is the fact that the former's more involved with the plot and the protagonist, even though his screen time is mostly at the beginning and his role isn't that impactful either.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will like Kaze better from a personality standpoint, but I think I will like Saizou better from an in-battle standpoint, considering that glorious (and completely unexpected) 45% MAG growth. Basara Saizou, here I come :D

I like Saizou more, something about Kaze just rubs me the wrong way. I actually do like him and his supports, but his personality is just... I guess Kamui's character is way more involved with Kaze then Saizou? I'm just not too fond of characters that don't stand out, not saying that such characters are bad per se, I personally just don't really care about those types of characters (which makes the fact I'm rather fond of Kaze actually surprising to myself).

Also I'm a sucker for scars and Saizou's personality, plus his Charlotte support definitely won me over cause I did not expect any of that. Sorry, Kaze.

Saizou really surprised me in terms of support, and I really don't buy Suzukaze's reason for defecting in Conquest, so I'm going to have to go with Saizou, even though Suzukaze's voice sounds like melted butter.

Like I said, this is what happens when one character is written to be a character, while the other is deliberately created to be a walking fan-service and player worship device with little to no independent will and coherent thought process of its own. :facepalm:

Edited by Ryo

Stat wise, Suzukaze all the way.

Character wise, however, it's Saizou. Suzukaze is one of the four characters (Felicia, Joker, and arguably Gunter) who's sole purpose is to bow down to Kamui.

Hmm, Saizou produces my favorite male child, but Kaze is available in all paths and is just hnnnngggg.

I voted Kaze cause he is hotter.(Sorry Saizou ;__;)

I said Kaze, but he only wins by a tiny margin. He functions great in all routes, his critical portrait is an awesome departure from other people's, and his HAIR. He is also an awesome human being and well written. Saizou is almost as badass, with his Lon'Qu-esque attitude, and his Bane mask is awesome. Do any of his supports mention how he got those scars? [/batmanjokes]

I said Kaze, but he only wins by a tiny margin. He functions great in all routes, his critical portrait is an awesome departure from other people's, and his HAIR. He is also an awesome human being and well written. Saizou is almost as badass, with his Lon'Qu-esque attitude, and his Bane mask is awesome. Do any of his supports mention how he got those scars? [/batmanjokes]

Saizou/Kaze support covers how he got the scar. (:

---

I voted Kaze, but I don't know, I feel like I like them both equally.

I like both of their supports equally. But Saizou gets bonus points for those muscles heh. I also love speedy characters in like all games lol so Kaze gets that point, and Midoriko is pure sunshine child who I love so Kaze gets that point too.