• Hector
    • Eliwood
    • Kent
    • Florina
  2. 2. Who do you ship Hector with?

• Florina
    • Lyn
    • Farina

While I'm more for NinianxEliwood (roy find a damn dragonstone! =P), and LynxHector, I can under stand the arguments for most of the other supports. Rath was just...to bloody uninteresting for me, but i can respect where people come from. They hail from the same place and want Sue to have a badass mom (though Sue doesnt follow the tradition of daughters having lin somewhere in there name like a certain mage...). I can even see HectorxFarina. Their personalitys have a certain meshing to it.

But where the hell did FlorinaxHector come from?! I mean we have a girl as shy as Olivia with her ENTIRE chain trying to thank him. Seriously, how did this happen and how/why didnt lyn stab hector for trying to get close to her favorite pegasus buddy? Only support I just REALLY cant see happening beyond the lolwut.

Maybe someone can explain to me why this pairing is so popular beyond that they are polar opposites. And their adorkable meeting.

Also...Lyn. The only reason I have a hard time seeing her with anyone other then the two lords is that she just gives up her grandfathers country. Or what ever they call it in the game. Those endings seem...too bloody irresponsible for something for Lyn to pull off. Yes she loves her original home alot, but she never struck me as someone who would chose that kind of path. Granted there could be a lot of background stuff that happens to lead to the decision but...I dont know, is anyone else feeling me on this?

Edited by Cenkic

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm more for NinianxEliwood (roy find a damn dragonstone! =P), and LynxHector, I can under stand the arguments for most of the other supports. Rath was just...to bloody uninteresting for me, but i can respect where people come from. They hail from the same place and want Sue to have a badass mom (though Sue doesnt follow the tradition of daughters having lin somewhere in there name like a certain mage...). I can even see HectorxFarina. Their personalitys have a certain meshing to it.

But where the hell did FlorinaxHector come from?! I mean we have a girl as shy as Olivia with her ENTIRE chain trying to thank him. Seriously, how did this happen and how/why didnt lyn stab hector for trying to get close to her favorite pegasus buddy? Only support I just REALLY cant see happening beyond the lolwut.

Maybe someone can explain to me why this pairing is so popular beyond that they are polar opposites. And their adorkable meeting.

Also...Lyn. The only reason I have a hard time seeing her with anyone other then the two lords is that she just gives up her grandfathers country. Or what ever they call it in the game. Those endings seem...too bloody irresponsible for something for Lyn to pull off. Yes she loves her original home alot, but she never struck me as someone who would chose that kind of path. Granted there could be a lot of background stuff that happens to lead to the decision but...I dont know, is anyone else feeling me on this?

I heartily agree with all of this. I tried to like Rath, I really did, but he's just so... dull. And I also have no idea how Hector/Florina got so popular given how lackluster their support convo is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

LynXRath. It is highly implied that this pairing is canon due to their ending. Where Rath has a daughter with Lyn, the name is never revealed but it sounds like Sue (Playable Nomad in FE6)

HectorXFlorina. It is never implied but a lot about Lilina looks like it came from Florina

LynXRath. It is highly implied that this pairing is canon due to their ending. Where Rath has a daughter with Lyn, the name is never revealed but it sounds like Sue (Playable Nomad in FE6)

You know, Rath could have just as easily ended up with someone else besides Lyn. Speaking of whom, it's her pairing with Hector that's highly implied to be canon.

HectorXFlorina. It is never implied but a lot about Lilina looks like it came from Florina

Not seeing how. Especially since Lilina is never shown to be weak-willed or androphobic.

Speaking of whom, it's her pairing with Hector that's highly implied to be canon.

This is highly subjective. I (and many others, as proven by the number of votes and posts) find it that her pairing with Rath is more highly implied to be canon.

This is highly subjective. I (and many others, as proven by the number of votes and posts) find it that her pairing with Rath is more highly implied to be canon.

I'm wondering how it's "highly subjective" when there's so much scenes surrounding the two.

I'm wondering how it's "highly subjective" when there's so much scenes surrounding the two.

Because lots of scenes between two characters do not equal romance. I, and many others (again, as shown by the number of votes and posts) found them to be way more buddy/buddy than lover/lover.

And because all ships are highly subjective until 100% stated and confirmed canon by IS themselves :P:

Because lots of scenes between two characters do not equal romance.

And just how many character pairing scenes can you think of that have dialogue like this?

[spoiler=This is after Lyn asks Hector to hit her]feotg0.jpg

And just how many character pairing scenes can you think of that have dialogue like this?

[spoiler=This is after Lyn asks Hector to hit her]feotg0.jpg

The flaw with this argument is that that scene is SUPPOSED to be like that SPECIFICALLY for if you pair them up. IF you pair them up. It, like every other scene, conversation, pairing, etc., is highly subjective. That only happens IF you decide to pair them. Otherwise, they--and everyone else--are buddy/buddy, and nothing more.

The flaw with this argument is that that scene is SUPPOSED to be like that SPECIFICALLY for if you pair them up. IF you pair them up. It, like every other scene, conversation, pairing, etc., is highly subjective. That only happens IF you decide to pair them.

Same could be said for Eliwood/Ninian, which is the only other pair in the game that has an equivalent scene.

And Sue's mother could easily be an unnamed woman. The argument you're using also applies to Rath x Lyn. Look, some of us believe Hector x Lyn feels more "canon" while other people can prefer Rath x Lyn for that. We interpret things differently, okay? Also, can't that dialogue happen even before Hector and Lyn get an A support? I've gotten it before and I hadn't even given them a C support.

Also, wasn't this thread revived after too long? It should've been locked.

Edited by Anacybele

And Sue's mother could easily be an unnamed woman. The argument you're using also applies to Rath x Lyn. Look, some of us believe Hector x Lyn feels more "canon" while other people can prefer Rath x Lyn for that. We interpret things differently, okay? Also, can't that dialogue happen even before Hector and Lyn get an A support? I've gotten it before and I hadn't even given them a C support.

Also, wasn't this thread revived after too long? It should've been locked.

...that's literally exactly what I said. Exactly. I literally just said EVERY pairing is subjective. You have literally repeated everything I just said. Rath/Lyn, Hector/Lyn, Sain/Rebecca, Kent/Farina... All. Subjective.

And no. It is an A-support only conversation. You remember wrong.

I don't think I remember wrong, I remember seeing that dialogue before in my game. And I've never done any supports because they take so damn long to unlock.

Don't act as if you knew something so safely when you haven't tried to confirm it. Look at the main page:

(Hector and Lyn talk, must have an A Support with each other)

Lyn:
“Hector! Wait up a minute!”

Hector:
“Hm? What is it?”

Lyn:
“…I’m sorry.”

Hector:
“Huh?”

Lyn:
“…When we first met, I criticized your fighting style, remember? …I wanted to apologize…”

Hector:
“Oh, that? Don’t worry about it. …Why bring this up now?”

Lyn:
“I used to think you were selfish, oblivious to others’ needs. Even after all this time, I only saw you as crude and insensitive.”

Hector:
“Hey, now… Do I really need to hear this? I mean, what’s your point?”

Lyn:
“…I used to be like that, too. I relied too much on my own strength and stuck to myself… All I did was cause problems to the people around me. …I think you’re like that, too… So, sometimes, I feel I’m looking at the old me. Sometimes…I treat you horribly.”

Hector:
“Yeah, that’s true. Sometimes, you really lay into me.”

Lyn:
“…But aboard the pirate ship… and back there…what you said made me realize I was wrong. So…I’m sorry.”

Hector:
“…You apologized once before. I admitted that I’ve got a bad attitude… It’s fine, right? Just let it go.”

Lyn:
“Let it go”? I can’t just “let it go”! That doesn’t satisfy me. …Hit me! It’ll make me feel better!

Hector:
“What?”

Lyn:
“C’mon! I won’t move! Wind up and let it fly!”

Hector:
“You… Hahhh…”

Lyn:
“Hm? … …Hector? What is it? Are you afraid?!”

Hector:
“Give me a break. Do you think I could hit a woman?”

Lyn:
“It’s OK. Just don’t think of me as a woman.”

Hector:
“I can’t smack a woman I’ve lost my heart to.”

Lyn:
“C’mon! Hurry– …What?”

Hector:
“Look, enough of this foolishness. Let’s go!”

Lyn:
“…What did you just say? Hold it! Hector!!”

Sorry, but you're wrong. I remember getting that conversation in my game before with no supports, end of story. And I don't need to confirm anything when I know for sure that I'm right.

Edited by Anacybele

"I know for sure I saw it" is not a statement that gives me a reason to believe you. I recall you doing the same thing with FE9 master seals not existing and it's very evidently wrong, so I'm seeing a possibility that you're just trying to justify yourself with false anecdotal evidence and aren't going to admit to it. If you'd manage to show how that convo can be obtained without supports, it would be more of a legit argument.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I remember getting that conversation in my game before with no supports, end of story. And I don't need to confirm anything when I know for sure that I'm right.

So you're saying that the site, and everyone who found the information presented on it, are wrong.

"I know for sure I saw it" is not a statement that gives me a reason to believe you. I recall you doing the same thing with FE9 master seals not existing and it's very evidently wrong, so I'm seeing a possibility that you're just trying to justify yourself with false anecdotal evidence and aren't going to admit to it. If you'd manage to show how that convo can be obtained without supports, it would be more of a legit argument.

Excuse me, but I don't appreciate being called a liar. I'm not making up shit. And it's been awhile since I last played the game, I don't know at all how I got it. I do remember it being fairly late though, like past chapter 20 or so.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm jumping on the pairings are subjective train. To me, Eli x Lyn feels most canon, but to others EliwoodxNinian is more likely to be canon.

That said, I think, thanks to outrealms, all pairing options are canon.

Edited by MCProductions

Excuse me, but I don't appreciate being called a liar. I'm not making up shit. And it's been awhile since I last played the game, I don't know at all how I got it. I do remember it being fairly late though, like past chapter 20 or so.

Have you considered, just once, that maybe your memory isn't perfect and you're misremembering because it's been a really long time since you played the game?