A Strawpoll Concerning Mounts (and some discussion, too.)

Esme

Here's a link to the poll.

I was thinking about mounts in FE the other day-- y'know, horses, pegasi, wyverns --and I thought that it would be cool if IS were to do something totally different with mounts like giving us units who ride enormous beetles or huge, wingless lizards.

Let's say you were in charge of class design or whatever, what unique abilities/weapons/stats would you give to your mount of choice? If you didn't like any choices on the poll, then what kind of mount do you think would be cool to have in a future installment?

I want Gryphons.I loved them in FEA.I know they were not the best class and it was quite weird going from Wyvern->Gryphon, but they were cool.I mean who doesn't want a half eagle, half lion creature?

I want Gryphons.I loved them in FEA.I know they were not the best class and it was quite weird going from Wyvern->Gryphon, but they were cool.I mean who doesn't want a half eagle, half lion creature?

I second this.Maybe having a base class that rides Gryphons that promotes into Gryphon Lord and maybe Goldenkite Warrior.

I don't really care so long as they're meaningfully different than horses, wyverns, and pegasi. Gun to my head, chinese dragon, I guess. Maybe switch dark fliers/valks/mage knights to something else to distinguish them from the physical classes a little more?

Side note, I recently heard that rhinos are like gigantic armored dogs in intelligence and ability to bond with humans. So yeah, I kind of want a pet rhino now.

Edited by bottlegnomes

An owl would be the perfect mount for mages!

A bat riding class would also be cool for a dark magic user! Why there's no bat option?

Heck, they could make a class that ride white owls and have a class that ride black bats as a counterpart!

Edited by Water Mage

I loved the Gryphon's in Awakening! Although a little out of place, especially since the base class was a Wyvern mount, I still think they were adorable. I always imagined that it would have Axes and Bows, I'm not so sure now that he Golden-Kite Warrior exists.

We have not had any flying sword classes in the two newest installments, so it would be nice to see a Sword and Axe combination for one in FE15 (even though that's very for away). Hoping for the Gryphon return! Possibly as a base class though, since Wyvern -> Gryphon is awkward, imo.

What we need are mounts that function like their own unit but can let other units ride them. Like you know that one level in RD with the NPC horses? Have it like that only with various mounts that are allied to either side. Anyone can ride one, but some units get stat boosts when riding and some get penalties depending on their class. When you dismount, you end up with two separate units, so you can potentially mount up another character. Imagine how amazing a mechanic like this would be