FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

What makes you think that scum are more likely than town to make "over-the-top" RVS posts? Where is your basis for this? Prior experience, or your ass? Also, even if Quote explained this better, how is this a "blanket behavior" that is equally likely for all players? Using Quote's example, let's say that Dandragon really is likely to make a more overblown joke as scum. I, on the other hand, am not Dandragon and may not necessarily do the same.

My ass has something to do with this because ??????????

That was uncalled for.

Why would you even use Quote's example? They don't even know Dan's playstyle, they admitted to that.

Scum benefits from that behavior more than town because: a)They can backpedal on their vote and say it was a joke/not serious, b)They're mounting pressure on a townie usually and if the townie cracks its an easy mislynch c) Town don't need to be flashy in their approach if they're trying to get things done

How am I avoiding Junko's questions? He's asking me how I can scumread him based on his four posts, well, I'm metagaming his earlygame 4 posts and comparing it to his scum game(Code Geass) and Town Game(AM/PM2) so how else can I further explain this?

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I remember absolutely nothing about Code Geass mafia. I was busy trying to make posts that weren't shit in that game to pay attention to what Junko or my other scum buddy in that game were doing.

My ass has something to do with this because ??????????

That was uncalled for.

1. It's a saying: "You're pulling this out of thin air". Coming from nowhere.

2. You've said some pretty uncalled things in one previous game that got you called out on. Can't take it, don't dish it out.

Why would you even use Quote's example? They don't even know Dan's playstyle, they admitted to that.

The point is not whether Quote knows Dandragon's play or not. The point is that "suppose what Quote said about Dandragon's play is true. Just because this behavior is applicable for Dandragon does not mean it is the same for every player who exhibits the same behavior." Not to mention that YOU are the one who brought up Quote's post in the first place.

Scum benefits from that behavior more than town because: a)They can backpedal on their vote and say it was a joke/not serious, b)They're mounting pressure on a townie usually and if the townie cracks its an easy mislynch c) Town don't need to be flashy in their approach if they're trying to get things done

But why is it more likely to be coming from scum than town? Even if it "benefits" scum more than town, why are scum more likely to do it as opposed to some townie who wants to be silly? Logic like this is what gets Shin lynched or at least wagoned in nearly every game he's in regardless of alignment. My point is that alone it doesn't feel like a strong enough tell for ALL PLAYERS WHO EXHIBIT THE SAME BEHAVIOR.

How am I avoiding Junko's questions? He's asking me how I can scumread him based on his four posts, well, I'm metagaming his earlygame 4 posts and comparing it to his scum game(Code Geass) and Town Game(AM/PM2) so how else can I further explain this?

He asked you to elaborate your statement on how he played like Code Geass 3-4 posts in. You said "I can compare your play in other games", which is a non-answer.

Boron what happened last game had nothing to do with you and the only reason I said things that way was because I was provoked. And I was attempting to politely ask you to not respond like that to me because, you know, me being snarky last game didn't work out.

Of course, if you're gonna provoke me into dishing it out some more you aren't helping at all.

If you don't want me to use that kind of terminology, then all you have to do is ask me directly and I'll be happy with to comply. If I feel that you're saying or have a habit of saying or doing things that rile up other people and respond in that manner, I'm going to assume you're trying to AoE me.

*And by AoE I mean AtE.

There are things I don't like people doing to me in mafia either. Some of which you have done, either here or in the past. If you want to be offended, consider it payback for gloating to my face about shooting me in the last EiMM we were in together.

I'm not sure if I recall getting a sorry, but that's neither here nor there anyway. My point is that if you really were offended by what I said, telling me directly that you don't like it please don't do that again is a lot better way of getting your point across than what you did. It wasn't exactly "attempting to ask politely" to stop and reads more like attempting to be "righteously angry". Hence, AtE.

Also, the only reason I brought up the EiMM is because you're being all "oh I don't like it when people do things I don't like", as if you don't do things other people don't like to them! Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'M SORRY FOR THE TWITTERPOSTING GUYS IT'S 6AM I DIDN'T GET ANY SLEEP AND I'M SORRY but is something about my initial dand vote confusing people? is there anything I should explain?

I think I've seen him reading this thread every once in a while as well, so I'll back up Quote on that. I would be fine lynching either him or Marth today.

Also, I'm going to bed in a few minutes. If you have any burning questions to ask me say them now. If I'm lucky, I'll be on in the afternoon before work. Otherwise, don't expect to see me until the evening.

I'M SORRY FOR THE TWITTERPOSTING GUYS IT'S 6AM I DIDN'T GET ANY SLEEP AND I'M SORRY but is something about my initial dand vote confusing people? is there anything I should explain?

Well, what is your general read on Dandragon right now?

nothing has really changed

he's done pretty much nothing since I voted him aside from his unmemorable kawaii vote and active lurker filler

People I'd lynch are Terrador (...still because of his ED1 play since he hasn't done anything else) and DK (same reasons, but it's also frustrating that he's actively refusing to participate). Not really bothered by Boron anymore (literally every time Boron/Marth make a post, I'm like "this person is town and the other person is scum" so yeah, interested in Marthipan's next post), and the only active player I'm meh on is Junk for being around and having opinions but not really pushing cases or doing anything with them. Boron, you were his scumbuddy in Code Geass right? How does his play compare to that game?

I'll answer this, pardon me.

Junko in CG mostly tunneled Blitz and never 'understood' or 'get' Blitz's actions in thread. He mostly kept asking many questions but never had strong conclusions. This is what I remember of his D1, in any case. In AM/PM 2, Junko was able to pull off reads in the earlygame(which began on N0) as early as early as page 4.

AM/PM 2 example- http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53097&page=4

Code Geass example- http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365?&page=8

Terrador's fallen off the face of the planet. If he's viewed the thread then he's probably scum who's given up.

I don't really like Marth from his page 4 stuff. His Junko vote was weak enough (lol@the RVS comparison) but then he swaps to Boron because of HER RVS vote and because of points brought up by Junko (who he's still not happy with because he apparently isn't pushing other people enough even though town can struggle to get definitive reads).

I don't really see the scum intent in Boron's RVS post either. Seems like much ado about nothing to me.

Refa is giving me bad vibes. I feel like #80 is a weak swap to a fast building wagon. Why does Marth ignoring Junko's posts cancel out his Boron stuff (aka why didn't you sheep his Boron vote like you said you would)? Admittedly I had difficulty wording what exactly it was that bothered me about Terrador's original post too but it just... feels wrong I dunno. Might just be paranoid.

Still don't think DK is scum. If they are it's the ballsiest scum play of the century. Junko also feels like town struggling to come up with reads. This is very possible.

Extension is good, yes please.

...Is that really it? Come on guys it's been 24 hours. Stop arguing about whether saying "pulling stuff out of your ass" is acceptable and take that shit to PMs.

Maybe we should hammer Terra just so we can start again next phase as this one is clearly not going anywhere.

OK, what's prodding, who's Marthipan and what's going on?

All the activity is at an extremely inconvenient time for me since I don't have much time to check in during school

I haven't had time to catch up on the thread since last night so I only just saw my prod now, so I decided to skip reading the rest of the current posts.

Also apparently I'm voting someone. I don't remember why.

##Unvote

OK, so there haven't been any monumental shifts in my reads. Terra's lurking (which I also saw once) definitely reads scummy considering the circumstances, but I also do not at all like Kawaii jumping on the wagon for him with no context before this info was stated. It could be that this was not so much a wagon as a reply to the accusations that she didn't back up her suspicion with a vote earlier, but if that's the case then say it, it only takes thirty seconds.

To try and elaborate a little more on my (slightly updated) reads, the main reason I've got my eye on Dan is his sparseness and lack of detail in his posts (I stated why I'm suspicious of that sort of thing back on page 4); I think "active lurker" is a good description for him. IMO Kawaii's passive-aggressive behavior and sudden vote (while refusing to speak further) is scummier, but Dan is suspicious for fairly similar reasons. I'm also getting weird vibes in the same vein off commie scum (Junko?), but I think it's just a gut-read so it doesn't really have the same weight.

Boron and Marth both look town-ish, actively pursuing the points they want to push and explaining them well, and their long debate seems more about personal playstyle than anything, in spite of a few interesting points they both turn at each other. On the same hand I believe Refa is town due to their pro-active advancement of the discussion; even in the light of their experience I think scum would choose to be a bit more elusive than they've been.

I've wasted too much time on this post so:

@Kawaii: Elaborate more on your thoughts and reads aside from just Terrador and explain the reason behind your vote; did you just want to correct your lack of a vote on him earlier, did you want to get a wagon going, did you notice the lurking? I want to hear more thoughts from you.

##Vote: disco kawaii

I will try to be back at some point today and then should be on later tonight.

ummmm I would 1000% lynch terrador over disco

disco's behavior isn't helpful but unhelpful doesn't automatically equal scum and I'm not feelin it here. vig here or whatever but I wouldn't lynch here.

I'm getting bad vibes on Refa too because his content isn't nearly as strong as I feel like it usually is at this point when he's town.