SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

...so if they say "I like horror movies more than fantasy movies" that's against CoC? Okay...I withdraw the question...

Like the others have said, she's joking around but even if it wasn't a joke, this is quite far from what was meant. Your question is fine, do not worry about it.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat here for a while thinking of what to ask the head honcho big man yakuza don of SF. I'm probably trying too hard. Oh, well! Here goes:

1. Why are you so cool?

2. Are you willing to share something UNCOOL about yourself, such as a bad habit?

3. If you could be somehow safely fused with a certain living organism, and not only gain features similar to it, but also obtain its unique capabilities, what creature would it be?

4. You gonna save some lives with those powers or what?

1. I don't think I'm that cool?
  2. Uhhh, let's see, if I apply myself at something and put forth a lot of effort, but see little to no improvement, I get really upset. I'll be visibly angry and people often think I'm mad at them, when I'm really just mad at myself.
  3. I actually have no idea what to answer for this
  4. Maybe???

1. Hey Jyo?

2. Have you ever had paella? If so, what did you think of it?

3. What natural phenomena would you like to witness?

4. X or Zero?

5. Hadoken or Shoryuken?

1. Hi!
  2. Nope!
  3. Aurora Borealis
  4. Zero
  5. Shoryuken

If you were a dratini, would you want to evolve into a dragonair then into a dragonite?

1. Sure

Ew how?! Suku is way cuter than that mameshiba thing. (I had to google it.)

Burbank is definitely fun. I mentioned I wanted to move to Pasadena, but now it's Burbank lmao.

and being able to pay off your car is definitely good news. Or best news.

16. Is Keine's theme the best of all Touhou songs? 8)

17. How can you withstand this winter's ... winter? ;~; I'm freezing my butt off since like December and I've been here for only almost one year.

18. Have you seen snow before?

19. What do you think of penguins?

20. Oh yeah. Obligatory first and current impressions of me. Not sure if you have any though lmao.

• I like Sakuya and Satori's themes better.
  • I like the cold.
  • Yup. In fact, it even snowed in Lancaster once...
  • Pen2
  • I don't really have any, sorry lmao

why so edgy

why crystal eli

have you tried nep

favorite soundtrack(s)

first and current impressions

1. Nothing's cooler than a cold, hard blade
  2. I actually really like crystals. There was no reason other than to have something in the name other than Eliwood.
  3. Neptunia? I haven't. To be honest, it's Idea Factory, so I didn't even think of trying it.
  4. This is REALLY hard. Holy fuck. I really, really like touhou music, Undertale has an AMAZING soundtrack, literally everything by Yuki Kajiura is basically crack cocaine, and I will always be fond of The Pillows for their FLCL OST.
  5. I thought you were more mature than most folks and looked up to you. Now, I respect you for having stuck around so long and (apparently?) keeping up with your artistic skills, and I regret not keeping in better touch with you. Fuck shipping things to brazil tho. Why is your postal service so dumb? :(

1. Who do you main in Street Fighter?

2. Who do you main in Blazblue?

3. Who do you main in the Darkstalkers games

4. Have you played the Jojo PS1/Arcade game or All-Star Battle?

5. 2opMC0m.png

1. I don't play street fighter 8)
  2. I play Jin and, now, Hibiki. I live in SoCal and we have the new game already.
  3. I don't play VSav 8)
  4. I've seen people play it, but I've never played it myself. I usually pick one or two games and try to get the best I can be at those games, rather than dabble in a ton of older fighters.
  5. Are chickens people?

21. Would you rather have a pet lion or a pet bear?

22. Have you ever played any of the Crash Bandicoot games?

23. Have you seen the movie District 9?

24. What's your favorite genre of film?

25. Would you ever swim with sharks?

• Neither. Either on is asking for trouble.
  • GOD YES. Only the old ones, though. 1-3.
  • Yes.
  • Tangerine's Burlesque Videos I like fantasy or sci fi equally, I think.
  • Uhh, probably not.

16. What fictional character would you marry?

17. First and current impressions of me everyone's asking this ?

18. Favorite Mario game?

19. Least favorite game of all time?

20. Favorite color?

21. Smash 4 main?

22. Greatest stunt you pulled off/walked away from?

• Uhhh... I might answer this if I can think of a good answer later.
  • I have none, except that you ask a lot of questions. Not as much as Fire Emblem Fan there, though.
  • Sunshine. Didn't someone already ask this?
  • Agarest War 2.
  • Used to be only blue, but I also like white and purple. I guess it depends on the shades, now.
  • Zero Suit Samus.
  • I was playing a game of Humans vs Zombies at my college and was running away from Zombies. There were these stupid metal chains hung really low from some short wooden posts lining SOME of the sidewalks. Since it was nighttime, I didn't see one of the chains, so I ran right into it. Instead of tripping and falling flat on my face, I instinctively ducked my head in and rolled forward, got up after the roll with momentum still partly intact, and kept running. I escaped. That game, I was one of like 8 survivors at the end, in a group of like 400 players.

- What did you feel when you have been chosen for this interview?

- Impressions about meh?

- What's your most favorite ice cream flavor?

- Most FF game you like?

- What kind of video game genre you tend to like mostly?

- Favorite sport?

- Favorite genre of TV / Cinema content? Like terror, action, drama, mystery, etc.

1. I was kind of surprised that people voted for me, considering that I don't actively post on the forums anymore. Things have honestly worked out much better with me taking a backseat and letting the staff mostly take care of things, while I just do backend stuff. That's part of the reason I'm not compelled to try to be too active actually posting anymore.
  2. It's a pretty useful expression for conveying emotion.
  3. Hard to say. I like Cookies 'n Creme and Cookie Dough equally. Sometimes there is this weird Cookies, Creme, 'n Cookie Dough flavor at some places, but then the timeline blows up due to the power of such an unholy combination, and my mind is transported to an alternate timeline instead.
  4. Probably 8, but 7 and 10 are high on my list. People talk shit about both, but, they were fun.
  5. I mostly play RPGs and fighting games, but I also like rhythm games, though I mostly only play those in Arcades.
  6. To play? Bowling. If you don't count FGC eSports :Kappa: If you mean to watch, I find Hockey really entertaining. Lightning almost won last year. :((((( So close.
  7. Anime. :Kappa:

You should invest in picking up a joke radar, my friend. (That was pretty good tho lmao)

1. Do you collect swords?

2. Have you played Etrian Odyssey?

3. What is your favorite event in history?

4. Favorite subject in school?

5. Do you play Starcraft?

1. I collect sword replicas. I would like to collect real swords, one day, but they're pretty costly and I don't have the room to display them right now.
  2. I've played Persona Q. :Joshua:
  3. The day I was born.
  4. Math.
  5. I don't anymore, but I used to back in Brood War. I also played the SC2 beta a lot, but then stopped once the game came out (even though I bought it... :V)

8. opinion on people who don't use capitals or punctuation

9. Favorite emoticon?

• Stop it!
  • I like the :V emote.

4: What are your opinions on other forum software, if any?

5: What was the worst thing that has happened to you?

• I've used phpBB, which is /okay/ but doesn't have enough stuff. It's also not as easy to modify as IPB. SMF suffers from similar issues. Plugins need to be actual plugins and not core file modifications. This isn't always the case, but often it is. I've also never seen an admin panel quite as robust as IPB, which is a major reason we will never switch. But IPB does cost money, so.
  • Without going into too much detail, my mother was a high-strung individual due to bad family relations with my father and other relatives. She was very overprotective and overreactive. When I was in high school: she once grabbed hold of my arm, which I then quickly pulled away from, leaving her to fall backwards onto a bed. She got angry, called the police, told them I pushed her, and invoked the Baker Act. Florida is an ignorant state, and law enforcement individuals are ignorant people. No matter how clearly you explain the situation to them, if you are not 18 or are otherwise under someone else's care, they will not listen to you. This is basically the worst thing I can think of.

1. What got you into fighting games?

2. How funny was it that we met at EVO a few years ago at that side Blazblue tournament and didn't we did?

1. When I was in college, I picked up a PS3 because I started having my own disposable income due to work and stuff. I played BlazBlue because it looked a little like Guilty Gear and looked cool. I really liked the game's aesthetic, so I played on netplay a bunch. I was really bad, but I didn't know it. A couple years later, I started playing CS2. I saw a tournament at an anime convention and thought I was hot shit. I got my ass absolutely handed to me and I realized I was bad and didn't know how to get better. I did some google searching for game information and tutorials and found Dustloop. From there, I just started practicing and going to events. I'm a lot better today, but I'm still not a great player. I'm much better in Persona 4 Arena than I am BlazBlue, though. I got 5th at a major once and made it out of pools at Evo, I guess?
  2. I always am amused when I run into people from the Fire Emblem community in different places. :)

All right. I just don't want to get any warning points or anything.

Banned

How much do you pay per months for that half-working IPChat? :/

Clearly too much.

26. Which Crash game is your favorite?

27. Which Crash character is your favorite?

28. If you could revive the Crash franchise, would you?

29. Did you not like anything after the originals, or just didn't play them?

30. What's your favorite Crash boss?

GOD YES. Only the old ones, though. 1-3.

Yeeeeees another Crash fan!

Banned

O-Oh...well darn...

6. Do you have a favorite myth? If so, what is it?

7. If you could relive the previous year, what would you do differently?

8. When was your last failure and why did it occur? (Lack of preparation, lack of skill, etc)

9. How well do you work under pressure? Does it greatly affect your performance, if at all?

26. Which Crash game is your favorite?

27. Which Crash character is your favorite?

28. If you could revive the Crash franchise, would you?

29. Did you not like anything after the originals, or just didn't play them?

30. What's your favorite Crash boss?

Yeeeeees another Crash fan!

O-Oh...well darn...

• 2, although I really like the racing in 3.
  • Uh, Crash? I don't think any of the villains grew on me too much.
  • Probably. It was a fun series.
  • A combination of disinterest and they didn't look as fun.
  • Ripper Roo?

I think you've asked enough questions. >:[

6. Do you have a favorite myth? If so, what is it?

7. If you could relive the previous year, what would you do differently?

8. When was your last failure and why did it occur? (Lack of preparation, lack of skill, etc)

9. How well do you work under pressure? Does it greatly affect your performance, if at all?

• Hard to pick just one. I really like all of norse mythology. I do find this one hilarious, though.
  • I would definitely have spent more time auditioning for voiceover jobs.
  • My stream froze and sometimes crashed during a major tournament. It was happening rarely before then, but I wasn't sure what the issue was. Turns out that the left side USB 3.0 ports on my streaming laptop couldn't provide enough power to keep the capture card stable. I haven't had the issue since, but having problems as one of the two main streams for a tournament is pretty bad. :(
  • It depends on HOW MUCH pressure. A little pressure is good, but a LOT of pressure is bad. It also depends how comfortable I am with what I'm doing. For example, I am a great test-taker. Also, if I'm confident at something, I can perform great even though there's a lot of pressure. But if I even doubt myself a little, too much pressure can cripple me, depending on the task at hand.

10. Favorite fictional creature?

• Dragons, duh.

-what's your favorite part about LA

-how's the traffic in the antelope valley (and also, how's the drive from there to LA)

• Access to asian food and stores that the rest of the country doesn't have. Suckers.
  • The AV's traffic is a LOT better than pretty much the entire rest of the county of LA. The drive from the AV to downtown LA took like 1.25 hours with good traffic, but it was like 1.5 hours to get to the inland empire areas. If you're driving with rush hour though, you're fucked. It's like 2.5-3 hours if you're driving at the wrong time.

1. Have you played any of the older Fire Emblem games?

2. Do you cycle?

3. Are you familiar with Tolkien's works?

4. Are you interested in history?

5. Do you speak any languages besides English?

• I answered this question already!
  • I have a bike, if that's what you mean. haha

I don't really use it anymore, though.

• I've read The Hobbit and watched the Lord of the Rings. Always meant to read the books, but never had enough time.
  • It depends! Some history, yes, other history, no.
  • 少し日本語を話す。1年前勉強することを始また。でも、ちょっと下手だよ。笑

23. Have you had enough of these questions?

• Only the ones by people who have asked 20 or more, jesus

6. Fire, Thunder or Wind?
7. Anima, Light or Dark?
8. Is there anything you wanted to buy but not able to find?
9. Worst occurrence of RNG Screwage in FE?
10. Is there any meme you are tired of seeing now?

Not even my Journey can stop me from asking questions from the almighty Root admin Jyosua.

I've been using OS X for 5-6 years now. I have a Mac Book pro (Two of them actually, but don't use the older one that much anymore)

1. Is El Capitan good? Do you like it? I still have Yosemite in my "main" mac book and it runs pretty good. I haven't dared to upgrade it yet, since I've heard lot's of bad feedback from El capitan of how it makes the mac much slower. Some have even said that Steam games doesn't work that well anymore as they frequently freeze and stuff. Not sure if it's El Capitans fault or not, but hearing and reading medicore opinions made me want to ask your view of the new operating system.

2. If you would be a final boss in a video game, what would be your theme/Battle song?

3. Favorite Sword from Fire Emblem games?

4. Have you ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games?

5. Your opinion of my current avi?

6. Fire, Thunder or Wind?

7. Anima, Light or Dark?

8. Is there anything you wanted to buy but not able to find?

9. Worst occurrence of RNG Screwage in FE?

10. Is there any meme you are tired of seeing now?

• Fire
  • Light
  • Yes. There was a $400 3' tall statue of Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile I found in Japantown in San Francisco, once. I really wanted it, but that would have been stretching my budget and I didn't really have a way to transport it at the time (I flew there). I haven't been able to find it since. I went back the next year, but they didn't have it anymore, and the statue was out of print. I still haven't found one for sale, though I suspect they'd be $1000 now.
  • There's honestly been too many to count. D:
  • It's lit

Not even my Journey can stop me from asking questions from the almighty Root admin Jyosua.

I've been using OS X for 5-6 years now. I have a Mac Book pro (Two of them actually, but don't use the older one that much anymore)

1. Is El Capitan good? Do you like it? I still have Yosemite in my "main" mac book and it runs pretty good. I haven't dared to upgrade it yet, since I've heard lot's of bad feedback from El capitan of how it makes the mac much slower. Some have even said that Steam games doesn't work that well anymore as they frequently freeze and stuff. Not sure if it's El Capitans fault or not, but hearing and reading medicore opinions made me want to ask your view of the new operating system.

2. If you would be a final boss in a video game, what would be your theme/Battle song?

3. Favorite Sword from Fire Emblem games?

4. Have you ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games?

5. Your opinion of my current avi?

1. I think it had a rough launch, but I didn't upgrade to it right away. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it seems to be fine. It's honestly not a big difference from Yosemite, though.
  2. Killing Edge
  3. I've played a bit of oblivion, and have played and beaten Skyrim. I did a lot of the sidequests in the latter.
  4. Dunno who it is, but it's drawn pretty well.

p.s. protip: if you haven't hit up yamazaki's bakery in little tokyo's peace square, do so because their tiramisu is a slam dunk

I might go there this weekend, so I'll check it out. Thanks!

1. Have you heard of Bangai-O Spirits?

2. You should review it on your website. Nice site BTW.

3. Impression of me?

4. How many questions have you answered now?

6. Forgiveness or retribution?

7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?

8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?

9. What achievement in your life are you most proud of?

10. First and current impressions of me?