What class is best for Gaius?

Jedi

Hello, been playing Awakening again since Chrom and Lucina got confirmed in PXZ2, I realized on this new run I have never used Gaius before. Very squishy, but i'm having some fun with him being a Myrmidon right now, what class do you think best suits him though?

Final class would be appreciated. Also this is just typical Hard/Classic for giggles.

In my experience, I found that Gaius actually does really well as a Hero. Sure, it kills his speed a little bit, and he's not as fast as he would be as a Swordmaster or an Assassin, but Sol access is pretty decent if you want to use it, even if Axebreaker doesn't really help him much. Plus, the higher Strength and Defense caps help him out quite a lot. So try that if you feel like you're up for it.

Edited by Karas-Z

His final class should be Assassin, especially if you wanna combo Vantage + Sol since assassins have the highest Skill in the game IIRC.

At either way, I wouldn't rely on Vantage + Sol too much, it's RNG. It's still good to choose Assassin as his final class regardless for maximizing his Skill and Speed.

Edited by Rxmonste

• 2 weeks later...

I also found him quite useful as a secondary Trickster. That might sound dumb (and it probably is), but if you get screwed in Defences with him (which, let's admit it, is quite likely), you can have him as a character solely used for thieving purposes (with Lockpick, Movement+1, Acrobat and Pass) and an emergency Rescue-user. I know his magic is quite low, but I found that he likes to increase it from time to time (moreso than his Defences anyways).

I also found him quite useful as a secondary Trickster. That might sound dumb (and it probably is), but if you get screwed in Defences with him (which, let's admit it, is quite likely), you can have him as a character solely used for thieving purposes (with Lockpick, Movement+1, Acrobat and Pass) and an emergency Rescue-user. I know his magic is quite low, but I found that he likes to increase it from time to time (moreso than his Defences anyways).

Yeah, but at that point you might as well dump him and use Anna.

Unless of course you need Gaius for Galeforce eugenics.

Yeah, but at that point you might as well dump him and use Anna.

Unless of course you need Gaius for Galeforce eugenics.

Funny you mention that... Considering I paired him with Cordelia of all people :P: