Still hyped?

nyainou

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max or Maxwell. Or hell, just name him Mark.

But if you're going Xander, might as well name him Alex too.

Xander isn't too terrible of a name. Xander is short for Alexander, as you noted. With the whole conquest theme Nohr has going on, it would make sense that Xander has a name that can be interpreted as a slight reference to Alexander the conquerer, you know, the actual badass who swept through Asia and North Africa.

Edited by Leif

Xander isn't too terrible of a name. Xander is short for Alexander. With the whole conquest theme Nohr has going on, it would make sense that Xander has a name that can be interpreted as a slight reference to Alexander the conquerer, you know, the actual badass who swept through Asia and North Africa.

It's not a bad name. It just sounds like one of those trendy baby names to me. Marx or Max just fits him more, imo.

xander isn't a bad name; i agree

something like alexander would've been better

but, y'know

since its said and done

marx = xander ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True, I would have liked Alexander a lot more. I guess 'Xander' fits the whole 'hip & cool' vibe they are going for.

Edited by Leif

my biggest gripe with xander is that ryouxander just doesn't have the same ring as ryoumarx

i mean look at ryoumarx, it contains both names in full and flows perfectly it's like it's meant to be

Max or Maxwell. Or hell, just name him Mark.

But if you're going Xander, might as well name him Alex too.

It's a bit of a joke when FE localization happens: some characters are looked at, localizer picks like a few letters or half the original name, and then adds some other letters to it randomly.

For Marx, we see half his name survived and then was merged with a new ending.

Not as hyped as I used to be in the beginning. I've spoiled myself about everything and I'm a bit dissapointed with the direction the story/stories took. But regardless I'm still really looking forward to the game.

Edited by May_Patra

Considering I don't really get hyped for anything these days, my hype level hasn't really changed from the initial reveal. I'm very interested in the gameplay and fairly excited to see just how brutal Lunatic Nohr will be, but I'm disappointed in the story if only because it was hyped up to be different and better than previous installments. Then again, all I know about the story is from hearsay and explanations of story elements so maybe I'll change my mind when I see the translated version myself.

A better way to put it is that I still have positive feelings about the Nohr path but am no longer considering buying Hoshido because of a couple of gameplay and story elements that bother me. I'm neutral on IK.

It is not letting me vote, so my response is "Not hyped, but still looking forward to it".

All the story issues has kinda killed the hype for me, but with all the gameplay improvements I am still looking forward to play it for the gameplay at least.

I was extremely hyped for this game at first. They promised a far better story then Awakening's, and with that being the big focus of all the trailers, I figured they'd be toning down the whole waifu emblem thing down a notch. After all, a good chunk of the characters were the avatar character's siblings. But as more information came out, the more suspensions I had. There was Luna, Lazwald, and Odin, for one. Yeah, I like Owain and his twitching sword hand as much as the next guy, but I wanted to see this game be its own thing instead of just an Awakening 2.0. I was annoyed, but I was willing to deal with it. Then we had the My Castle feature and FE Amie announced. I really loved the idea of the castle, but I was shocked and appalled at FE Amie. I felt embarrassed watching it, and embarrassed to be an FE fan. This "new audience" FE has been appealing to is really not something I associate myself with, and not something I ever want to associate myself with. Forced romance and overdone fan service just makes me cringe. Then, near the time of the game's release, came along the little bit of news that I dreaded the - the children mechanics was coming back.

At least with FE Amie, I figured I could just ignore it and not lose out on anything significant. But with the children's mechanic? There's a lot of content locked behind those S-supports. Extra maps, characters, and weapons that I'd miss out on if I don't sit through those cheesy S-supports.

Yet somehow, despite all of my frustrations, I was still strangely hyped, and it was probably in part because of this website. I signed up for this site on the same day the games got leaked. While I was here, I heard all sorts of negative things about the game - Kamui's S-supports with his siblings, a far worse plot then we had been promised, distasteful zoom-ins in a CG cutscene with Camilla, and many lazily written characters and supports - I heard that the game play was really solid despite all of that. The gameplay is what I really love about Fire Emblem, and I hear that the gameplay in this version is great, especially on the Nohr route.

When I stopped visiting this site regularly sometime after the first batch of DLC, my hype really started diminishing. But that's kind of good thing. The wait for this game had been unbearable, and I had spoiled several things out of my eagerness to know everything I could know about this game. I'm going to check back on this site every now and then, but I think it's actually best not to be too hyped. Time flies so, so much faster if the game you're waiting for isn't on the forefront of your mind all the time.

I was extremely hyped for this game at first. They promised a far better story then Awakening's, and with that being the big focus of all the trailers, I figured they'd be toning down the whole waifu emblem thing down a notch. After all, a good chunk of the characters were the avatar character's siblings. But as more information came out, the more suspensions I had. There was Luna, Lazwald, and Odin, for one. Yeah, I like Owain and his twitching sword hand as much as the next guy, but I wanted to see this game be its own thing instead of just an Awakening 2.0. I was annoyed, but I was willing to deal with it. Then we had the My Castle feature and FE Amie announced. I really loved the idea of the castle, but I was shocked and appalled at FE Amie. I felt embarrassed watching it, and embarrassed to be an FE fan. This "new audience" FE has been appealing to is really not something I associate myself with, and not something I ever want to associate myself with. Forced romance and overdone fan service just makes me cringe. Then, near the time of the game's release, came along the little bit of news that I dreaded the - the children mechanics was coming back.

At least with FE Amie, I figured I could just ignore it and not lose out on anything significant. But with the children's mechanic? There's a lot of content locked behind those S-supports. Extra maps, characters, and weapons that I'd miss out on if I don't sit through those cheesy S-supports.

Yet somehow, despite all of my frustrations, I was still strangely hyped, and it was probably in part because of this website. I signed up for this site on the same day the games got leaked. While I was here, I heard all sorts of negative things about the game - Kamui's S-supports with his siblings, a far worse plot then we had been promised, distasteful zoom-ins in a CG cutscene with Camilla, and many lazily written characters and supports - I heard that the game play was really solid despite all of that. The gameplay is what I really love about Fire Emblem, and I hear that the gameplay in this version is great, especially on the Nohr route.

When I stopped visiting this site regularly sometime after the first batch of DLC, my hype really started diminishing. But that's kind of good thing. The wait for this game had been unbearable, and I had spoiled several things out of my eagerness to know everything I could know about this game. I'm going to check back on this site every now and then, but I think it's actually best not to be too hyped. Time flies so, so much faster if the game you're waiting for isn't on the forefront of your mind all the time.

Oh man I feel all of this on such a personal level. I thought Awakening was really fan servicy because they thought it would be the last in the series, so with Fates I really expected some epic story telling.

I remember when the older games really made me care about what was going on, even if it wasn't the best story telling, they had a way of staying fairly serious. Fates will be great, and hopefully the translation team can remedy some issues, but it does seem like they're catering to the player far too much. I have sooo many issues and annoyances with the marriage system. I don't want my precious younger siblings to be wed, but if I want all the units, exp, etc then I have to sit through the build up of an awkward relationship that doesn't feel real or meaningful in any way. The child characters are also trivial and dumb, but they outshine the first gen units that actually have a semblance of story importance, and it makes me really sad. :<

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

I think this is a good mindset to have regarding hype in general. It's so easy to succumb to hype backlash and overblown expectations and even easier to succumb to negative hype when people act on the former two, especially during long waits.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

We'll see I guess... I hope the translation team does what they do best and censor some of the incest trash (remove Elise and Camilla's S ranks might be nice or make it so you become the best little/big brother or something sweet like that.) Looked a bit into the story, not too much, but just a little. I am not sure what to think /quite/ yet. Still, I remember when the first trailer came out and I couldn't sit still at all and I am very glad my hype has calmed down in the wait that I've sat through. What people have said has kind of ruined my excitement, but I have hope I'll dump like 500 hours into the game and enjoy it. I can deal with the panties and I never used the children in awakening so I'll just pretend their non-canon when I get this game or something.

So in short: I'll buy it. Spend lots of money on it. Probably enjoy it.

Am I hyped? Not like a screaming school girl but if I hear it's coming out next week, I'll be pretty excited.

Edited by IcyShallows