Tales of Zestiria

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, I'm at Zaphgott Moor, already defeat the medusa-like boss there, and even met a certain Lion Man at the Hunting Grounds, but

now, I'm stuck at the Moor.

Why?

I'm spent an entire day searching for that damm giant elephant!

Where the hell is it? You would think that a giant elephant living in an open plain would easy to find.

But there's no trace of it!

Forgive my rant, but I really spent a lot of time searching for it.

May I ask for you guys help in this? Is there something special for this elephant to appear?

Also, every since I read the monster book entry for the regular elephant enemy, I can't stop seeing the elephant's trunks as face tentacles...

Damn you Sorey... Why have said that? Now I can't get that image out of my mind.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, wow. . .lemme see how well I can describe the place.

From the abandoned village, hack out a Holy Bottle, to get rid of all the generic mooks. From there, go south, and pay attention to the trees. The elephant should be near one of them. All I did was talk to the people in town, and found it by accident. I'm not sure if I did anything out of the ordinary.

I finally saw some gameplay of Zestiria on a stream the other day and am contemplating getting it but it would mean I'd have to purchase a PS3/4 which I might be able to do if I get a good Black Friday deal. The combat just seems a lot unlike any of the other tales games I've played though so I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Is it worth it to buy a console just for this game? I don't think there's any other PS4 games I want at the moment and while I could get some other tales games for the PS3 it's probably smarter to get a current gen system.

Can you be the Seraphim in battle as long as you have Sorey or are you stuck being him all the time? I usually play the Mage like Rita or Genis so I probably would want to try Lailah.

The stream I saw was getting the Armitization with Mikleo till recruiting Edna so I assume that's still pretty early in the game? I didn't see how long in that was but about how far in is it?

I finally saw some gameplay of Zestiria on a stream the other day and am contemplating getting it but it would mean I'd have to purchase a PS3/4 which I might be able to do if I get a good Black Friday deal. The combat just seems a lot unlike any of the other tales games I've played though so I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Is it worth it to buy a console just for this game? I don't think there's any other PS4 games I want at the moment and while I could get some other tales games for the PS3 it's probably smarter to get a current gen system.

Can you be the Seraphim in battle as long as you have Sorey or are you stuck being him all the time? I usually play the Mage like Rita or Genis so I probably would want to try Lailah.

The stream I saw was getting the Armitization with Mikleo till recruiting Edna so I assume that's still pretty early in the game? I didn't see how long in that was but about how far in is it?

Armatization is very early, like 1/10 into the game. You can control a seraphim whenever you want.

Don't think I'd get a PS4 just for Zestiria, but if you might want future PS4 releases could be worth it.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah I figured it was, but I wasn't sure if Edna was like 10 hours or more like 5 cause the dungeons up till that didn't seem very entertaining.

Good, because I remember Symphonia 2 and how you had to be the Emil or Marta and that was awful. I figured since Rose and Sorey always had to be in the party, you couldn't switch it up as the Seraphim.

If the PS4 had backwards comparability I'd get it, because there's other PS3 games I do want, but future PS4 releases don't look very appealing, at least nothing in the foreseeable future. Still not sure, cause I've never actually had a PS system.

The streamer I was watching seemed to just go into Armitization every fight and it seemed like the best/most efficient method of killing stuff. Is it possible to still fight as individuals or are you severely gimping yourself? Is there even a limit on Armitization?

It's also on PC, if that's something you think your PC can run. I haven't noticed any game breaking problems, the terrain occasionally flickers out of existence, but that could just be my set up. The only real problem is the Alicia dlc doesn't save at the end of it on the PC version.

Uh, wow. . .lemme see how well I can describe the place.From the abandoned village, hack out a Holy Bottle, to get rid of all the generic mooks. From there, go south, and pay attention to the trees. The elephant should be near one of them. All I did was talk to the people in town, and found it by accident. I'm not sure if I did anything out of the ordinary.

Sorry for the rant, I did manage to find it so thanks!

Now I've

just beaten the dragon at Glaiveland Basin

And I gotta say, Rising Up is awesome, and it totally sets the mood in the right way! The cutscene itself is awsome too!

And more two things,

first, is it just me or does Sorey and Alisha have really good chemistry together? I don't mean this in a romantic in a romantic way, it's just that those two just mesh so well.

Honestly, I find the the relationship between Sorey and Alisha more interesting that the relationship between Sorey and Rose.

I don't hate Rose or anything, but she doesn't bring the best out of Sorey like Alisha does.

Second,

is it wrong that I find Sergei the most adorable character in the game? His personality makes me go d'aww everytime.

And to think he is voiced by the same guy who voices the announcer in Smash bros for Wii U/3ds!

Edited by Water Mage

##Vote: Psych, with love from Largo.

Now that I have THAT out of the way. . .

If the PS4 had backwards comparability I'd get it, because there's other PS3 games I do want, but future PS4 releases don't look very appealing, at least nothing in the foreseeable future. Still not sure, cause I've never actually had a PS system.

I don't think there's backwards compatibility on the PS4 (or at least, not a sane way of doing it). There's a nice selection of games on the PS3, and there's Steam.

The streamer I was watching seemed to just go into Armitization every fight and it seemed like the best/most efficient method of killing stuff. Is it possible to still fight as individuals or are you severely gimping yourself? Is there even a limit on Armitization?

1. Armitization CAN be efficient, but it's not necessary for scrub battles.

2. Yes, you can fight as individuals, and that's what I usually do aside from bosses/really tough encounters.

3. You're limited by your Blast Gauge. If both the human and the seraph have zero blast gauge, they can't armitize.

And more two things,

first, is it just me or does Sorey and Alisha have really good chemistry together? I don't mean this in a romantic in a romantic way, it's just that those two just mesh so well.

Honestly, I find the the relationship between Sorey and Alisha more interesting that the relationship between Sorey and Rose.

I don't hate Rose or anything, but she doesn't bring the best out of Sorey like Alisha does.

Second,

is it wrong that I find Sergei the most adorable character in the game? His personality makes me go d'aww everytime.

And to think he is voiced by the same guy who voices the announcer in Smash bros for Wii U/3ds!

1. Yes, they do, though they'd make a bad couple in practice. Both of them are pretty naive.

2. No, it's not. He's kinda cute, too. :P:

Armatization is strong but it has many weaknesses as well. You can res yourself if the seraph is the living party and has a point of BG, you deal a lot of damage per hit with wide attack radiuses, you have a strong recovery ability, and you get a strong finisher to use especially against stunned enemies. However, you lose your 4th combo, lose out on a 2nd character for combo juggles and have no access to martial arts, making you extremely vulnerable to seraphic arts. If you fall, both party members will fall. And your power is somewhat limited by your Blast gauge and refills very slowly in your armatized state. For a very long time you do not have much variety in what combos you can perform and are mostly stuck with mono-element artes. While you get bonus grade for frequently using your Banish Blast to defeat enemies, it is not as strong as your mystic artes used as a non-armatized character. There are advantages to armatization but also drawbacks and the key to success is to find a good times to be fused and good times to be separate. It's a pretty fun system though it does force Sorey, Alisha/Rose and 2 seraphim to be your party make-up at all times.

M

Armatization is strong but it has many weaknesses as well. You can res yourself if the seraph is the living party and has a point of BG, you deal a lot of damage per hit with wide attack radiuses, you have a strong recovery ability, and you get a strong finisher to use especially against stunned enemies. However, you lose your 4th combo, lose out on a 2nd character for combo juggles and have no access to martial arts, making you extremely vulnerable to seraphic arts. If you fall, both party members will fall. And your power is somewhat limited by your Blast gauge and refills very slowly in your armatized state. For a very long time you do not have much variety in what combos you can perform and are mostly stuck with mono-element artes. While you get bonus grade for frequently using your Banish Blast to defeat enemies, it is not as strong as your mystic artes used as a non-armatized character. There are advantages to armatization but also drawbacks and the key to success is to find a good times to be fused and good times to be separate. It's a pretty fun system though it does force Sorey, Alisha/Rose and 2 seraphim to be your party make-up at all times.

If I remember correctly, only the seraph gets knocked out when you fall. The human in the mix just survives with 1 hp. Granted, depending on the attack, that's not going to help you.

One thing I hate about Sergei is the fact that if this was any other Tales game, I'm almost certain he could have been a party member. I really would have liked a segment where you could have fought alongside him.

If I think about it, he could have been playable during the fight with Symonne right before the second battle at Glaivend Baisen. But I think that probably would have pissed people off

If I remember correctly, only the seraph gets knocked out when you fall. The human in the mix just survives with 1 hp. Granted, depending on the attack, that's not going to help you.

That's a battle skill. If you don't have it, both go poof.

I meant to say this Psych, but if you like playing spellcasters, I think Edna is closer to what you want than Laiah,

Laiah has some spells that need her in the front line.

That being said all four seraph work as spellcasters, it's just their elements and the way their spell works that are different.

Also, you can armatize even if you are controlling a seraph.

And it's true that some dungeons are rather empty, but it's mostly in the beginning of the game.

Later dungeons have plenty of enemies.

And I believe that most dungeons having wide open spaces is intentional, due how the battle system works.

Edited by Water Mage

I meant to say this Psych, but if you like playing spellcasters, I think Edna is closer to what you want than Laiah,

Laiah has some spells that need her in the front line.

That being said all four seraph work as spellcasters, it's just their elements and the way their spell works that are different.

Also, you can armatize even if you are controlling a seraph.

And it's true that some dungeons are rather empty, but it's mostly in the beginning of the game.

And I believe that most dungeons having wide open spaces is intentional, due how the battle system works.

It's also worth mentioning that Edna's artes are a little more spamable than Lailah's, especially Air Pressure, that thing just destroys every kind of challenge most earth/wind weak enemies could ever hope to pose, because it draws them in and hits multiple times as an added bonus. It's not Rita's Tidal Wave levels of broken, but I found that in areas where enemies are weak to either earth or wind, spamming Air Pressure with Edna was always a very effective strategy.

That's a battle skill. If you don't have it, both go poof.

I had the feeling that it was, but I must have equipped it so long ago, I didn't recall it being one.

I'm normally not one to use Holy Bottles in Tales games, but the amount of enemies spawning near end game was so damn infuriating, especially when back tracking. Which your going to have to do once you collect all the keys and try to open the chests you couldn't open first time around.

Say, a question,

I just defetead the final boss and cleared the game (Loved it, by the way, totally recommend it).

But I can't seem to get the Alisha DLC episode. Is there's something else I should do?

I'm playing the PS4 version.

Also,

Why does so many kids die in sidequests?

It seems that every sidequest that involves a child ends up with them dying.

Edited by Water Mage

Also,

It could just be an attempt to make the world seem much darker with all the arbitrary deaths of kids. In the case of the thieving children, I think it was done to show just how evil a person could be without being corrupted with malevolence.

Say, a question,

I just defetead the final boss and cleared the game (Loved it, by the way, totally recommend it).

But I can't seem to get the Alisha DLC episode. Is there's something else I should do?

I'm playing the PS4 version.

Did you download it from the store?

If so, then it should be on the starting menu (same one where you start a new game).

Also,

At least two of them were acting like little shits, and both were warned beforehand that they were in for trouble. Thus, it wasn't surprising that they died. The one that upset me the most IMO was the Lastonbell one, because no one seemed to care about her even after she was gone.

Edited by eclipse

At least two of them were acting like little shits, and both were warned beforehand that they were in for trouble. Thus, it wasn't surprising that they died. The one that upset me the most IMO was the Lastonbell one, because no one seemed to care about her even after she was gone.

Yeah, the only people who cared was her mother and the seraph. I don't think anyone else even mentions her

Edited by Swift_Assassin

Yeah, the only people who cared was her mother and the seraph. I don't think anyone else even mentions her

During the quest, I think she is mentioned, but it's in a really negative light.

Edited by eclipse

I'm on postgame now,

The Dark Turtlez boss was pretty hard. He pretty much drained all my items, which is funny cause he seemed so easy at the beginning of the battle. Also did anyone else noticed the Xillia 2 reference in the battle?

Another fight that started easy but got hard was the one against Jade, I was so dissapointed at first, because the battle was so easy, but then...then...he started spamming Meteor Storm and Mystic Cage! It was at the very end of the battle too! How could he have turned the tables so fast? It was like he was just toying with me, like he was just observing me and then after I got confident he started to get serious and destroy me without mercy!

Then again, this sort of strategy it's something that is just Jade Curtiss's style. Seriously.

I'm on postgame now,

The Dark Turtlez boss was pretty hard. He pretty much drained all my items, which is funny cause he seemed so easy at the beginning of the battle. Also did anyone else noticed the Xillia 2 reference in the battle?

Another fight that started easy but got hard was the one against Jade, I was so dissapointed at first, because the battle was so easy, but then...then...he started spamming Meteor Storm and Mystic Cage! It was at the very end of the battle too! How could he have turned the tables so fast? It was like he was just toying with me, like he was just observing me and then after I got confident he started to get serious and destroy me without mercy!

Then again, this sort of strategy it's something that is just Jade Curtiss's style. Seriously.

Hey, that's about where I am!

I had an easier time with Jade than Sophie, but that's because I hooked up with Mikleo and kited like no one's business. Left Rose and whoever as bait.

Just managed to find all normin!

I've also faced the normin bonus boss, with such a small hitbox, it was actually pretty tough. And it lives up to it's name Phoenix, as it can recover all of it's health when he's at low hp.

The scenes before and after the fights are hilarious!

And his voice, oh god, his voice, I just love it!

Edited by Water Mage