Post Count?

ruadath

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I stumbled upon the "Members" section of the Forest, and noticed that you can sort everyone by their post count.

How do I view my own post count? Or other users'? I've never noticed it being visible anywhere...

I noticed when you recieve friend requests you can see that person's post count there. I don't know of a direct way to see it. you can try sending someone a friend request and have them check for you. It's not necessary for that person to approve your request. In fact, they can't see your post count if they do accept your request (at least I can't).

Edited by Xyr

While it may not show a "post count", you are able to check your own content by clicking either your name at the top at the page and hit "so-an-so's content." Or you can click your own profile and, directly underneath your profile picture, there are tabs labeled "Topics" and "Posts" where you can check the content you've created (up to a certain point).

You got me curious, though, so I'll look around and see what I can find.

Looking at the graveyard it appears they took away the post count a while back basically to stop the internet power trips some people go on... "But but but... I post alot you post not a lot! Therefore I am Teh coolest. =B "

Looking at the graveyard it appears they took away the post count a while back basically to stop the internet power trips some people go on... "But but but... I post alot you post not a lot! Therefore I am Teh coolest. =B "

Then why keep an option to "rank" users my post count?

It's not visible except in specific places as noted by some responses here. Jyosua doesn't like post counts and the effects they sometimes bring, so he removed them a while back to avoid the risk. Well, visibly. They still exist internally.

I couldn't tell you why the option to sort members by post count is still there.

Jyosua basically manually removed the post count display wherever he could, but tne forum software is pretty big and complicated, so he probably missed a few spots.

So it's not a case that he left the "loopholes" on purpose, but it's a pain to find and remove them. Hope that makes sense.

Lol yeah, since discovering this, I go to check my "ranking" after every few posts I make and get excited when it goes up.

It's basically what was mentioned before. They're a pain to find everywhere and some places require more than just a simple template bit removal to get rid of. There's a couple I might have missed, but the ranking by post count would still be accessible even if I removed the link.

This "power trip" thing may have been a problem back when there were like no more than 30 users online at peak points, but now when there are like 100-300 people online at any one time? It's just an outdated, pointless statistic that serves no purpose one way or the other - visible or not.

Edited by Raven