FE8 randomized draft

Gradivus.

The core idea behind this ruleset is the same as for the FE6 one. Aside from the obligatory FE8 adaptations, I made Seth free up to C8 so he won't be MVP for the whole game, but prevents earlygame from being a pain in the back, and made dancers have to be drafted since the smaller cast increases the chance of not having one. It might have some issues that I overlooked or underestimated.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Eirika, Ephraim and Orson are free for all to use.

3. Seth is free up to chapter 8.
4. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

5. The universal GBA randomizer will be used: http://serenesforest...showtopic=55809
6. During the drafting phase, each unit may only be picked once. The changelogs may remain private, but should be kept so the players can make their picks based on it (format: class + unit name).

Randomizer options:
gCMBEbQ.png

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.
4. Dancers / Bards may not dance for each other.
5. Glitches caused by the randomizer may not be made use of. These include non-Eirika/Ephraim Lords being able to seize and the possibility of moving units on tiles they cannot normally pass by using the drop command or a Warp/Rescue staff.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4-turn penalty, per unit per chapter.
2. Dancers / Bards dancing for each other has a 15-turn penalty, per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary promotion items.

2. Kyle and Forde are free for chapter 8.

Teams:

Paradigm: Pirate!Eirika, Great Knight!Seth, Mauthe Doog!Ephraim, Sniper!Orson + Dancer!Ross, Wyvern Rider!Forde, Priest!Artur, Mogall!Vanessa, Wyvern Rider!Amelia, Shaman!Tana, Eir Lord!L'Arachel

Gradivus.: Pupil!Eirika, Eph Great Lord!Seth, Eir Lord!Ephraim, General!Orson + Wyvern Rider!Gilliam, Cavalier!Colm, Bishop!Saleh, Tarvos!Garcia, Sniper!Dozla, Arch Mogall!Myrrh, Thief!Tethys

eclipse: Wyvern Rider!Eirika, Manakete!Seth, Mogall!Ephraim, Cyclops!Orson + Dancer!Neimi, Monk!Moulder, Myrmidon!Kyle, Soldier!Natasha, Pupil!Joshua, Summoner!Rennac, Paladin!Syrene

Zerosabers: Pupil!Eirika, Gwyllgi!Seth, Bonewalker!Ephraim, Mage Knight!Orson + Wyvern Rider!Franz, Cleric!Lute, Eir Lord!Innes, Archer!Gerik, Falcoknight!Duessel, Myrmidon!Marisa, Pegasus Knight!Cormag

[spoiler=Units remaining]Ewan
Knoll

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like whoever's in Cormag's spot had best be able to fly, or he'll forever remain undrafted!

Oh, and I assume "Seth" is "whoever's in Seth's spot"?

Lastly, if I wind up with a randomizer that doesn't have a dancer/bard, would I be allowed to redo it? I had this happen before!

/in

Edited by eclipse

We're playing with normal recruitment order, it's always Seth with a random class.

There's always a bit of tolerance for rerandomizing, feel free to do it if you're personally fine with it. It's generally encouraged not to do it often, though.

Cormag's recruitment is actually a bit awkward, but I guess there isn't much to be done about it.

Edited by Gradivus.

There's a FE6 draft out there that has a similar format!

For Cormag. . .kinda wondering if either of these would work:

1. Edit him into Wyvern Rider for that chapter only, and change him back when the chapter's done.

2. Make his class fly for that chapter only.

(with all of these being invalid if one of Eir/Tana/Duessel can fly)

Otherwise, he might as well be undraftable!

I did not expect to be first but I'll start this off with the interesting pick of Dancer!Ross.

I rerandomized a few times so my Eirika was decent. First she was a bow bonewalker then a knight and then on my third try I settled for pirate Eirika accompanied by great knight Seth.

Aw, man, my Ross was a Wyvern Rider too. . .looks like my fears of recruiting Cormag were unfounded, because I've got a flier among Eir/Tana/Duessel.

Sooo. . .Dancer!Neimi.

We're not using the 1-2-3-4-4-3-3-4 draft order, just the standard one, since randomized FE8 doesn't have the Franessa thingy. Moulder or Forde?

Edited by Gradivus.

Starting 3rd round op. The backlolg keeps growing! I could've done the prologue before the first reply

RE2z3Wl.png

She can't double much right now, but her spd growth is good and hitting res should let her 3RKO things at worst for a while. She comes with a Fire tome, a vulnerary and a rapier.

IxkCwIP.png

Uh, what is speed? He's very solid all around though, being able to soften Fighters easily for Eirika to kill and having pretty good damage output with his weaponry, though the silver lance won't last forever. His weapons are a silver lance and a bright lance, which is an iron lance with 60 uses and 5 crit.

Prologue 2/2 turns

Eirika chips away at the first Fighter over the course of 3 phases, Seth 2HKOes the other with Bright Lance. O'neill (knight) falls to two silver lances from Seth.

UNIT         CLASS              LEVEL HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEXP
Eirika       Pupil               1.52 18   3   5   5   2   3   4 D Anima
Seth         Eph Great Lord      1.57 26   8   9   6  11  11   8 A Lnc

ctYC6L0.png

Wyvern/10. He'll be invaluable for ferrying and combat while also reaching things quickly. All in all, he'll almost definitely be a great unit.

C1 4/6 turns

Seth feeds a Fighter to Eirika in the opening, picks her up on turn 2 so Gilliam can drop her near the castle and attacks the boss (Cavalier) with silver lance on turn 3. Eirika finishes off from two spaces right, Gilliam just stands on the tile next to her (while finishing a soldier off that Eirika faced on turn 2), which shields her from all the enemies since she is at low health. Turn 4, she seizes. Gilliam got all initial mook kills, except for the Fighter Eirika killed, mostly through EP combat.

UNIT         CLASS              LEVEL HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEXP
Eirika       Pupil               2.82 19   3   6   6   2   3   4 D Anima
Seth         Eph Great Lord      1.57 26   8   9   6  11  11   8 A Lnc
Gilliam      Wyvern Rider        5.49 32   9   5   8   2  10   1 C Lnc
Edited by Gradivus.

We both got Pupils and mine is worse. She came with a thunder tome though so at least that helps a little.

k5ZffWu.png

I'm hoping the extra levels will give her a chance to build up her mag, otherwise she's probably eating all the str/mag boosters. D rank in tomes.

XeFA15N.png

Seth is literally a monster and will be great up to chapter 8.

Eirika is up 53 exp by the end of the prologue.

[spoiler=Prologue]Eirika fights one soldier before taking a pot shot at the boss. Seth kills the rest.

2/2 turns

Next is Chapter one where my carry arrives.

Edit: Chapter 1

MCBS7Fl.png

Franz is looking pretty good and has decent growths. He'll probably end up being MVP. He comes with the basic iron lance + javelin and a normal D rank in lances.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

Eirika opens with a quick shot at the closest fighter before Seth finishes him off. On enemy phase another fighter charges in and dies to Seth. Next player phase Franz snipes the soldier right of the boss. Eirika moves and takes a free shot at the soldier near Franz's spawn point. Seth moves just out of the fighter and soldier's range. Enemy phase the other soldier dies to Franz and the Fighter is weakened. Eirika takes a shot at the weakened fighter, almost killing him. Franz moves back and kills the last soldier leveling up,

He gains 1 Str and 1 Skl. Seth moves up and fights the boss, getting him a level too. Seth gets + Hp, Str, Spd.

Enemy Phase the fighter dies to Eirika and she gets a level up.

gm56P3K.png

She gets everything except what I want her too. Next turn Franz kills off a reinforcement soldier and Eirika seizes.

4/6 turns

Edited by Zerosabers