FE8 randomized draft

Gradivus.

C16 3/97 turns

Warped Gilliam into the throne room on turn 2, he used pure water and counterkilled a sage, the knights and only had 3 heroes standing next to him after the EP, so he could reach Orson on turn 3. He was one speed short of doubling with heavy spear so I just had him OHKO with Pierce, proccing spd to troll me. Eirika got warped within seizing range on turn 3. Didn't promote Ephraim because it glitches him into an Eph Great Lord with C Lnc and C Swd.

UNIT         CLASS              LEVEL HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEXP
Eirika       Sage             14/2.87 34   9  12  14  10  10   9 A Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight   15/12.67 52  17  17  21   7  24   5 S Lnc
Garcia       Maelduin         16/2.17 37  13  15  11   9  11   6 S Axe A Bow
Colm         Paladin          15/5.56 36  15  13  20   9  14   3 D Swd S Lnc
Tethys       Thief               2.84 17   7   6  16   1   8   8 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop             10.02 35  17  18  16  17   8  23 A Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              2.53 31  13  18  11   8   9   9 B Bow
Ephraim      Eir Lord           15.94 31  12  20  17  15   9   6 C Swd
Myrrh        Arch Mogall         1.18 26   6   5   5   2   5  10 A Dark

C17 2/99 turns

Warped Gilliam up, outside of enemy range and he kills Lyon with a silver lance pierce + hit or a crit, the latter happened. Fed a bunch of cavalry kills to some of my units.

Eirika       Sage             14/3.24 35   9  13  14  11  11   9 A Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight   15/13.44 53  17  18  21   8  24   5 S Lnc
Garcia       Maelduin         16/2.28 37  13  15  11   9  11   6 S Axe A Bow
Colm         Paladin          15/5.63 36  15  13  20   9  14   3 D Swd S Lnc
Tethys       Thief               2.84 17   7   6  16   1   8   8 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop             10.86 35  17  18  16  17   8  23 A Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              2.64 31  13  18  11   8   9   9 B Bow
Ephraim      Eir Lord           16.54 31  13  20  18  15   9   7 C Swd
Myrrh        Arch Mogall         1.18 26   6   5   5   2   5  10 A Dark

C18 7/106 turns

Rescue staffed Gilliam up and he sort of went right, then made a loop through the bottom-right area and eventually killed the boss with the help of another rescue use (done on turn 6). Colm w/ Eirika got rescue staffed up on turn 2 and Dozla followed them to get rid of extra eggs. Garcia and Myrrh handled the bottom-right eggs, Ephraim the middle-right ones. Hammerne'd rescue and warp.

Eirika       Sage             14/5.65 37  10  14  14  12  11   9 A Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight   15/16.79 56  19  18  22   9  24   5 S Lnc
Garcia       Maelduin         16/3.85 38  14  16  11   9  12   6 S Axe A Bow
Colm         Paladin          15/7.77 37  16  14  21  10  15   3 D Swd S Lnc
Tethys       Thief               2.86 17   7   6  16   1   8   8 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop             12.28 37  17  19  17  18   8  23 A Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              4.75 31  14  19  12  10   9   9 A Bow
Ephraim      Eir Lord           18.31 33  14  20  18  16   9   8 C Swd
Myrrh        Arch Mogall         2.78 28   7   6   5   3   6  11 A Dark

C19 2/108 turns

Warped Gilliam near Riev (Gwyllgi) on turn 2 and he OHKOed him with Vidofnir on EP since I couldn't torch far enough to do it on PP. Saleh, Eph and Eirika got (w)exp and Garcia helped them a bit. Wished I had stolen the VIP card in chapter 14 so I could buy a knight crest for Ephraim, but oh well.

Eirika       Sage             14/6.23 37  11  14  15  13  11  11 S Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight   15/17.61 57  19  18  22   9  24   5 S Lnc
Garcia       Maelduin         16/3.96 38  14  16  11   9  12   6 S Axe A Bow
Saleh        Bishop             12.83 37  17  19  17  18   8  23 A Lgt S Stf
Ephraim      Eir Lord           18.84 33  14  20  18  16   9   8 C Swd

C20 3/111 turns

Stupid S rank mechanic prevents Saleh from hitting S light because he has S stf. Rage. Anyway, Gilliam drops him across a woods tile on turn 1 and drops Eirika into the mess on turn 2. She gets warped into the boss area by Saleh and Gilliam kills Morva with a Vidofnir pierce + hit.

Eirika       Sage             14/6.81 37  11  14  15  13  11  11 S Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight   15/18.34 58  19  19  23   9  24   5 S Lnc
Garcia       Maelduin         16/3.96 38  14  16  11   9  12   6 S Axe A Bow
Saleh        Bishop             14.62 38  17  20  19  18   8  24 A Lgt S Stf
Ephraim      Eir Lord           18.84 33  14  20  18  16   9   8 C Swd

Final 2+1/114 turns

Part 1: Colm and Gilliam drop Saleh across the gap on turn 1, on turn 2 Colm gets rescue staffed to kill a wight and Gilliam just reaches Lyon to kill him with a killer lance pierce crit.

Part 2: Gilliam double pierces Fomortiis with the Vidofnir, bringing him down to 22 HP. Eirika takes the Vidofnir so Colm can use it against Fomortiis too and Saleh rescues Garcia so he can deal the remaining damage with Garm. I very barely had enough atk to take him down.

Z624BIo.png

[spoiler=Unit Analysis]rF9DUmX.png

Good enough to survive. Pretty mediocre in general, although she did contribute fairly often, mostly on rout maps.

8BkxF4y.png

Filler for the time he was there. He had solid combat stats but just didn't do much due to his long absence and the lack of an unglitched promotion.

nmyqAgq.png

Easily the MVP of the run, he could ORKO most mooks with javelins and was pretty good at killing bosses, never dies and is great at ferrying. Pierce helped quite a bit in lategame.

Qlv03nE.png

As an extra high-mov unit, he helped quite a bit in early and midgame. He's subpar in comparison, mainly due to his speed, but got things done when I needed him to.

bmNmhhV.png

He wasn't Gilliam tier but Seth's bright lance let him ORKO most monsters easily, and his high mov along with solid stats made him helpful quite often.

RGJ0phP.png

Pretty good. Warp/Rescue saved quite a bunch of turns, slayer let him eliminate monsters easily and he also was good at battling mooks since they have poor HP and res.

3Xwc06a.png

The only useful thing she did was getting the hammerne and spear in C14.

6mUeXyP.png

Mostly had filler roles in sniping fliers or eggs.

kJ8JsM5.png

chump/10

1YADOvY.png

Pretty invaluable earlygame, even though I had 3 other mounts already, given that he had exclusive silver lance usage and my other mounts weren't as durable, which especially helped on some maps like C4, plus having as many mounts as possible always helps. Wish he had been around for C9 though.

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 14 - 11/103

FINALLY! Promoted Eir for obvious reasons.

I had a lot of goals to hit during this chapter, as follows:

- Snag the Guiding Ring and Energy Ring

- Get hammered (Hammerne)

- Buy a lot of things in the secret shop

Joshua and Natasha got the Rings, with a bit of help from Eir in the beginning. Neimi picked up Hammerne, before being grabbed by Eir and whisked to somewhere more relevant. Saleh was deployed as a Member Card mule, and barely made it to the shop on turn 11. Joshua hit level 18, and now that I have a promotion item, I can get him out of that awful trainee class.

Rennac turned out to be pure utility, by having his summons keep the Javelin knights away from Neimi, and taking/dropping Kyle a turn early.

Chapter 15

This chapter can get bent. I'm seriously considering a Duessel penalty, because of the sheer amount of crap that rushes me early-on.

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 12 (7/67):

vrcC1Uu.png

Turn 1 formations are as shown. Undrafted Ranger!Innes rescues Journeyman!Saleh so he can escape combat easier. Forde rescued Eirika (Fiendcleaver) and is danced to drop her on that peak while he moves to that spot so the Mauthe Doog is killed by Eirika since he fails to kill a Revenant with the Iron Lance who attacks him first. Amelia (Javelin) pure waters and is in range of 2 Mogalls and Ewan’s house. Going north one more tile triggers the reinforcements and my team is not ready to handle them yet.

Turn 2, Forde rescues L’Arachel over so she can be dropped to block the Bael (whom she Shamshir crits twice on EP2) from attacking Ewan who Amelia visited this turn. While it is not absolutely necessary, Thief!Ewan carries a Shadowkiller for L’Arachel to use which I guess allows her to kill another Bael later on with Tana’s help. Eirika protects Ewan on the other side by blocking the 3 Mauthe Doogs with the Hatchet.

For the rest of the chapter, Tana takes on all the reinforcements at critical health with L’Arachel helping where she can. Tana purposefully got to critical health (5/26) by attacking a Bael at point blank range so the bottom right gargoyles prioritize her as their target even with L’Arachel, Artur, and Ross in range. She had to dodge 2 46% hits from the Steel Lance and Horseslayer gargoyles and a 43% from the Javelin Gargoyle. L’Arachel deals with a Mauthe Doog to allow Innes to run away with Saleh and cleans up with Tana. Eirika takes most of the top and kills the Wyrmslayer!Swordmaster boss (with a droppable Iron Sword) on Turn 5 with 4 66% hits with the Hatchet. Amelia takes on the rest of the Mogalls and deals with the top right side with Elixirs. Forde deals with most of the reinforcements at the bottom left side and proceeds to help out Vanessa near the houses. Since Eirika fails to reach a Bael in the top left mountains, Forde also has to deal with it with 4 51% Steel Lance hits on Turn 7.

Chapter 13 (1/68):

Vanessa and Amelia double team the closest knight so Forde can kill the knight in the middle with an Axereaver hit and crit. The knight in the middle needed to roll down to 13 def/28 hp so Forde can do 7 damage to this knight and the Axereaver is the strongest weapon with some crit to rig since I couldn’t get the Killer Lance. Artur uses Barrier once. Tana and L’Arachel kill one enemy each. Eirika is danced to easily kill Summoner!Aias (Nosferatu) with a Hand Axe but she needs to crit. She could have used the Tomahawk that Journeyman!Saleh came with to avoid a crit but that would just be wasteful when she is a Berserker.

Chapter 14 (9/77):

Bought some extra equipment including some Steel Lances, Javelins, Hand Axes, and Luna just in case.

I don’t really like this chapter so I was kind of lax at going any faster. I wanted to visit the secret shop for some killer weapons but Forde would fall one space short by Turn 9 with my strategy so I passed on that immediately.

Amelia goes to fetch the Energyring and Dragonspear with a Pure Water while Tana clears the Guiding Ring room for undrafted Thief!Gerik to grab the necessary Guiding Ring. Everyone else goes up. Artur unlocks the first two doors while Eirika (with a Door Key) opens the third. L’Arachel recruits General!Rennac for a free Short Spear for Forde or Amelia. Eirika pretty much decimates anything that targets her with 25% crits most of the time. Had Forde rescue Eirika and hold back so the knights in the throne room wouldn’t aggro and block Eirika’s path to the throne. He then dropped her next to the Sniper and cantos back a space and she proceeded to kill everything with Hand Axe crits. Carlyle was nearly the same except that he’s a female Swordmaster so Eirika can easily kill him with a Swordreaver on turn 8 and seize the next turn. Vanessa got the Hammerne and Spear. Artur Barrier spammed and is nearing level 12. L’Arachel reached level 10 against the cavalier reinforcements with the Rapier and reached C swords although I'll hold off her promotion for now.

Chapter 15 (7/84):

Promoted Tana to Druid at Level 17 since she’s better at fighting anyway and her summons are kind of useless (I think they are Ewan’s) and she can make use of the stronger Thunder tomes (which Pupil!Gilliam and Mage!Colm have been holding forever). Vanessa promoted at Level 11 so she can be of some use this chapter with her extra move. Held off L’Arachel’s and Artur’s promotion for more levels. Tana also gets the Dragonshield and Angelic Robe so she can solo the bottom with Amelia and Ephraim’s help.

L’Arachel and Vanessa handled the top reinforcements with the former breaking in her new Light Brand (came with Thief!Lute) which she barely kills pegasus with. Eirika handles Caellach’s area and helps with the pegasus reinforcements. Caellach was a bulky Summoner with Luna but Eirika can kill him in one round with the Devil Axe at 58% hit. Forde goes where he can to help clear enemies. Amelia heads to the Master Seal village and promotes to Wyvern Knight. Tana handles the bottom meeting with Ephraim and the promoted Amelia later on. Valter was a Manakete with 26 hp so Tana can kill him with Luna which she doubles with at exactly 13 damage apiece at 47% hit. She had to get a magic level up along the way however. I could have done this in 6 turns but Amelia fails to kill one wyvern with the Spear and I didn’t want to bother with this chapter again. Instead I focused on killing Valter by Turn 6 so I didn’t have to face more reinforcements. I brought Thief!Lute and Thief!Gerik to snag the Swiftsoles and Warp staff respectively. Amelia also got the Wyrmslayer on accident which I guess was cool.

Artur and L’Arachel promote at the end of the chapter with the former becoming a Bishop for more magic gains and the latter becoming an Eirika Great Lord as a newly mount that can carry Eirika. Artur also gets both Energy Rings. Ephraim promotes as well to a Gwyllgi for more con and 8 move.

Stats:

cqgXq40.png

She's still carrying the team more than ever.

pS63RFf.png

Almost forgot he existed. His high move will help in Chapter 18.

gc2VDIq.png

It's Vanessa. What else can you expect?

Z3mKjRO.png

He maxed out a useless stat but he helped Artur reach promotion.

3MVKnDi.png

It's his chance to "Shine."

7os9oXn.png

His stats are pretty mediocre but he's still functioning as the ferry.

WOVb1tu.png

One of the few units who can handle herself both offensively and defensively. She's too good.

vtuO0zN.png

Last chapter was a major blunder but her stats are better than Forde's except speed and defense.

Gex7xTd.png

She's finally going to be useful.

This is long overdue but I finally got around to finishing it.

Chapter 16 (3/87):

Unarmed L’Arachel rescues Eirika and is warped so she can drop Eirika (equipped with the Killer Axe) exactly enough spaces so she can Garm Sniper!Orson. Forde is not defensive enough to survive. L’Arachel is unarmed so she can improve her survivability and so she can avoid having to fight any of the Heroes as the knights attack first. On EP1, Eirika needed to land 53% crits on at least two of the Heros. One crit and hit on Silver Axe!Hero. Two crits on the Silver Sword!Heroes (64% hit and 73% hit). She killed the Silver Axe!Hero and the Hero Crest Silver Sword!Hero. She Convoyed her Killer Axe after receiving the Hero Crest so she equips Garm and is able to more easily dodge both Sages. She had exactly enough health left to be killed by either one hitting. On PP2, Eirika can barely kill Orson with Garm at 55% hit without a crit. Afterwards, L’Arachel trades Eirika to the Swordreaver so she can kill the remaining Silver Sword Hero with a crit and hit although now she has to kill a Warrior that attacks her so a Priest does not block the throne and dodge the Sages so she can seize by Turn 3. I also managed to get Artur a level up so he now has 20 magic.

Chapter 17 (1/88):

I realize now that Eirika should use the Swiftsoles so she can kill Lyon with the Tomahawk (came with Journeyman (3)!Saleh). Eirika full moved and Ross danced her. L’Arachel rescued him so Artur can Warp Eirika in range of Lyon. She can then kill Lyon with 4 Tomahawk hits at 61% hit or she can crit at least once with 11% crit and one hit. She proceeded to crit and hit him bypassing an EP.

Also Syrene is a Manakete with a Dragonstone that Vanessa and Ephraim can use because it counts as a monster weapon. Vanessa would appreciate it but Ephraim would probably use it better.

Chapter 18 (6/94):

Gave Forde the remaining Secret Book and Goddess Icon. Ephraim also gets Vanesssa’s Crimson Eye for 1-2 range.

Turn 1, Forde rescues Eirika and is danced and then warped ahead so he can drop Eirika out of range of the Stone!Gorgon and then move up. Ephraim kills the closest egg. Everyone else moves forward. On EP, Ross tanks the Gargoyle with 1 hp remaining and the Shadowshot!Gorgon misses Forde as it moves up.

Turn 2, Tana, Vanessa, and L’Arachel kill the closest eggs. Eirika kills the Stone!Gorgon with the Tomahawk. Amelia rescues Tana and is danced and then warped up so she can drop Tana in range of the Mogalls. On EP, Mogalls die to Tana and Forde dodges a Gargoyle and is hit by the Shadowshot!Gorgon.

Turn 3, L’Arachel rescues Vanessa and is danced so she can drop Vanessa as she heads down. Artur Hammernes Warp after trading it to Ross. Ephraim moves right so he can handle the eggs there. Eirika Hammers the Javelin!General who coincidentally also had an Axereaver. He was pretty speedy and defensive but max speed Eirika can still kill him easily. Forde kills the Gorgon and Tana and Amelia kill eggs.

The rest of the turns involve everyone killing eggs and reinforcements. Ephraim is too good with the Crimson Eye. Artur also managed to hit 24 magic so he has 12 Warp range.

Chapter 19 (1/95):

tXb5hkN.pngdmtCmvR.png

Artur rescues Eirika ahead. Ephraim uses the Torch so Artur can warp Eirika forward. If Eirika is warped below the General, she has exactly enough move to move next to Ephraim Great Lord!Riev (Spear) and kill him with the Halberd doubling him on EP. Amelia and Forde rescue Ross and Artur to ensure their survival.

Chapter 20 (2/97):

Forde rescues Eirika and is danced so he can drop Eirika (equipped with Garm) in front of Morva after Artur warps him over. Eirika crits Morva and seizes.

Final Chapter (1+1/99):

In Part 1, Artur rescues Eirika forward then is danced so he can Warp Eirika next to Lyon. She proceeds to kill him with a crit and hit.

p9IhJrx.png

In Part 2, Eirika does 19x2 and Ephraim attacks him for 36 dmg. Artur rescues Ross forward so he can dance Ephraim who can crit the Demon King with the Dragonstone. I could of just as easily rigged crits all around but I think it is funny that it shows Ephraim’s animation with the Dragonstone. It freezes if I tried to attack with Vanessa and the Dragonstone however who I actually wanted to try to feed the Demon King to.

Final Turn Count:

zj8ZwiM.png

[spoiler=Final Stats]xH895Sv.png

Pretty much the MVP of the endgame after Seth left. Berserker lords are too overpowered. She was pretty much doing most of the heavy lifting. She got pretty lucky with weapons such as the early game Devil Axe, Fiendcleaver, and especially the Tomahawk. She alone saved a lot of turns as the primary boss killer.

cWESVIs.png

Was away most of the game but still was really useful in routing when he was around. Since he could use the Dragonstone and even Vanessa's Crimson Eye, he became more useful than I would expect from any monster class.

6wYunO6.png

Probably the most useless unit but her early game utility was helpful since she could fly and was my only early game fighter outside Eirika and Seth. Her biggest help was probably being able to kill the scarier enemies in Chapter 9. Afterwards, she was used purely for utility like securing chests or helping others rout enemies. She could have potentially used the Dragonstone to be more useful but Ephraim is also a monster with 8 move.

kRN7gd4.png

He did dancer things that saved plenty of turns all around. His evasive stats were pretty bad but he came early and was always useful.

scQzwXl.png

Was on staff duty so he can reach Warp but was absolutely necessary for doing the last chapters fast. His speed could of been better but he served his purpose well.

Z0YtXBt.png

Was the premiere ferrier since he can actually carry Eirika. He saved many turns in Chapter 5x because he existed which I think was pretty unfair. Otherwise his offense was pretty lackluster at times and his defense could have been better.

ysmMOrV.png

Her defense was too good for rout chapters and her offense was good enough since she targets resistance and most enemies are too slow.

XzwrreX.png

Her offense was better than Forde but her biggest weakness was that she started as a wyvern so she couldn't rescue Eirika. She did function as an extra ferrier when Forde was busy so there's that.

K7XmfUY.png

She was pretty much another rout unit that could actually carry Eirika. Her defenses were better than Forde's so she was reliable in Chapter 16 in carrying Eirika to the throne. Being locked to swords was probably her biggest flaw.

gsCkaMd.png

Was the MVP in the early game since Eirika was still catching up and Vanessa was the only other combat unit. His skill in axes were probably more than enough for him to be useful in this run.

aI33dcL.png

He came with a Longbow which made Chapter 5x a lot easier for Forde and Ephraim to survive. He had enough speed to double all the enemies, secured the Door Key and Chest Key that helped secure the first Elysian Whip and protected Kyle from inducing a turn penalty.

Final Thoughts:

Draftable dancers should stay since they are huge turn savers.

Seth should be free up to Chapter 9 as even in my run I got lucky with a Tana with a lot of defense and a Vanessa with the Crimson Eye that could handle the scarier enemies (with Seth's presence he could trade Vanessa to Flux and prevent her from being attacked more than once) while Eirika handled the bottom.

I also think there should be something done about Chapter 5x. It seems unfair that I could breeze by with 7 turns because my Forde could ferry for that chapter.

As a whole, I thoroughly enjoyed this run but I'm glad it is over. I got pretty lucky with equipment and a good Eirika probably saved a lot of turns as well. I'll probably join another randomizer draft when the opportunity presents itself.

I'm half-tempted to restart my run to rig some level-ups. Having units with ~10 in various stats is biting me in the rear, and it's not going to get any easier.

Anyway, I'd make Chapter 5x free up to 15 turns in a randomized draft. That way, Ephraim can get some training in, and if anyone gets my AMAZING Orson, they're not insta-screwed.

Up to 20 sounds pretty reasonable actually because having to worry about getting close to the min (usually like 11-14 turns unless someone rolls a mounted class) feels a bit silly when the chapter is counted as free.