FE8 randomized draft

Gradivus.

Chapter 9 - 16/60

First off, stat check at the end of Chapter 8!

acCTDU5.png

Rest well.

melsKwS.png

Godly, as long as she doesn't get hit by magic.

PuFDFfy.png

The little monk that can be doubled by a lot of things.

KDjA2u4.png

She is going to facetank things.

Wpsg93O.png

Everything Amelia wishes she could be.

sxpfcD0.png

Already better than Moulder.

cykhHVY.png

Manliest girl ever.

Angelic Robe to Natasha, because she's going to promote eventually, and she'll be needed on the front lines.

I rigged the everliving shit out of this boss. Here's why:

Esqmnld.png

That's a Recruit(3), which means there's a giant crit bonus on top of all of that.

Half the fun was getting to the boss, because most of my team is 2-3RKO'd by everything, and I can only heal 10 HP at a time. Except Neimi, who is insta-dead on any physical attack, and Eir, who can facetank bows and live to tell about it. I made it a point to recruit Amelia, and was able to do so safely because she was a thief, and Eir with an Axereaver isn't very accurate on speedy sword enemies. Even with Neimi's help, killing things efficiently was a pain in Vulnerary supply.

Oh, right, the boss. Let's explain this in pictures!

IiGIcW0.png

On turn 15 EP, Eir landed a Javelin hit (54%) and dodged the enemy's attack (35%). On turn 16 PP, Eir had to hit twice with the Iron Lance (69%) while NOT being countered with a critical (81%). Then, Joshua had to land the final blow (68%). When I do all the math, and sub in true hit where it's appropriate, I get. . .

58.14 * 24.15 * 81.09 * 81.09 * 81 * 81 * 79.84 = 4.83% chance, had I not used save states.

With save states, it looks more like this:

EP: 58.14% or 14.04% (Eir only needed to dodge one of the boss attacks, and it doesn't matter which one)

PP: 65.68% or 15.86% (one of the attacks required a dodge, but if I dodged during EP, it would be the first percentage twice), 79.84%

Otherwise, I'd have to run the boss out of Spears and Javelins, and I'd be out of a lot of money.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C6 3/39 turns

Bought 3 steel lances from the world map.

Gilliam flies ahead, using a torch, Seth is dropped on a mountain by Colm + Garcia. Turn 2, Seth and Gilliam just keep moving forward, while Eirika moves onto a forest tile to confront a bunch of Cavs that attacked Garcia on turn 1. An archer attacked him too, but Colm blocks him from attacking Eirika on turn 2. Turn 3, Seth attacks Novala (Cavalier) with silver and Gilliam with steel. Gilliam finishes off on EP.

UNIT         CLASS              LEVEL HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEXP
Eirika       Pupil               7.48 22   3   8   9   5   3   4 C Anima
Seth         Eph Great Lord      2.67 27   9   9   7  11  11   8 A Lnc
Gilliam      Wyvern Rider       11.92 36  11   8  12   3  13   2 B Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos              8.71 30   8  12   9   3   9   4 B Axe
Colm         Cavalier            5.73 25   7   6   8   6   9   1 E Swd D Lnc

C7 4/43 turns

Gilliam drops Eirika on the forest tile near the castle on turn 2 and sits within Murray's range (a Wyvern Rider with 7 AS, but pretty high HP and Def) with javelin. Colm self-improves at the bottom and Garcia goes for the Pure water from the mage above the start. Turn 3, Eirika moves one tile down while Gilliam attacks the boss with Short Spear. I think he whiffed one or two hits throughout, but on turn 4 he finally manages to finish him off. He also was within ballista range, which he just ended up dodging, maybe I could've avoided that. Eirika then seizes.

Eirika had to dodge one of four archer hits throughout the map, because they didn't choose to attack Gilliam (who only takes like 12/36 dmg from Iron Bows).

Eirika       Pupil               7.98 22   3   8   9   5   3   4 C Anima
Seth         Eph Great Lord      2.73 27   9   9   7  11  11   8 A Lnc
Gilliam      Wyvern Rider       13.54 38  11   9  13   3  15   2 B Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos              9.23 31   8  12   9   4  10   4 B Axe
Colm         Cavalier            7.55 27   8   6   9   6   9   1 E Swd D Lnc

EDIT: I think Forde and Kyle should be free for chapter 8, since Ephraim might well be unable to defend against the cav reinforcements (I think mine needs some really luck-based nonsense to get through).

C8 8/51 turns

Everyone rushes ahead, Garcia deals with most of the thwomps using Hammer (which was brought by Brigand!Moulder). Garcia killed Tirado (who became female general) with 2 hammer hits, while Seth, Gilliam and Colm went through the broken wall. On turn 8, Colm opened the door and Seth got the Elysian Whip. Eph survives by killing the Myrm and the Archer and then dodgetanking the cavs and archers unequipped, the chances are fairly awful. Took Eirika route.

Eirika       Pupil               9.63 24   4   9  10   6   5   5 C Anima
Seth         Eph Great Lord      3.00 28  10  10   8  11  12   8 A Lnc
Gilliam      Wyvern Rider       15.02 40  13  10  14   4  17   2 A Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos             13.57 34  12  14  10   6  10   5 A Axe
Colm         Cavalier            8.70 27   9   6  10   6   9   1 E Swd C Lnc

C9 11/62 turns

Promoted Gilliam to Wyvern knight (more like wyvern thwomp) and gave him a dracoshield. He soloes the bottom part of the map with pure water, javelins and vulneraries and kills Binks (Ranger) with a bunch of javelin hits and then a round with a steel lance. Eirika takes on some of the pirates and Colm handles the mercenaries, mostly on his own. He first enters the Sniper's range, but then leaves dealing with him to Garcia, who fed him to Eirika using a Devil Axe. Colm then proceeds towards the KE!Myrm and a lone pirate. He kills the Myrmidon with an iron lance and a javelin and after an EP potshot leaves the Pirate to Eirika. Gilliam killed Amelia because recruiting her would probably have cost turns.

Eirika       Pupil              12.36 27   7  10  11   8   6   5 C Anima
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight    15/3.96 44  14  13  17   5  21   3 S Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos             14.52 35  12  15  10   7  10   5 A Axe
Colm         Cavalier           11.91 28  10   8  12   7  11   1 E Swd C Lnc
Edited by Gradivus.

EDIT: I think Forde and Kyle should be free for chapter 8, since Ephraim might well be unable to defend against the cav reinforcements (I think mine needs some really luck-based nonsense to get through).

This would've helped me a lot, because I'd would've been able to stop for the Elysian Whip (by killing Forde). Still, I'd be willing to grant this to the other two, so that NO ONE has to deal with the pain of a squishy Myrmidon and an Ephraim who dies when attacked.

I guess it is time to unload some of my logs.

JjekzNG.png

She's pretty speedy with much room to grow. She comes with a Hammer, Vulnerary, and Rapier. Weapon Rank: D axe

drPcwWD.png

Seth is really skillful for sure but is solid all-around. He’s pretty much vanilla Seth with 6 move and the added focus on axes. He can ferry through Chapter 8 until Forde takes over. His equipment is actually really good which includes a Devil Axe, Swordslayer, and Vulnerary. Weapon Ranks: E sword D lance A axe

Prologue (1/1):

Seth kills the right fighter with the Devil Axe. Eirika trades her Hammer for Seth’s Devil Axe and does exactly enough damage to kill the other fighter with the Devil Axe. On EP, Seth counterkills O’Neill (Journeyman) with Hammer.

Chapter 1 (3/4):

Seth rescues Eirika equipped with the Devil Axe so he can kill the closest fighter on EP1. On PP2, Seth trades Eirika to the Devil Axe and drops her forward. Eirika has to avoid devil backfire, the two soldiers, and at least one of the fighters (~80% hit) to survive. After burning 3 RNs with Fighter!Franz, Eirika kills both soldiers and dodges at least one of them (69% hit). She also kills one fighter and dodges one of the fighters but avoids (and misses) the second fighter. She gets a Spd/Luck level up and reaches C axes. On PP3, Seth kills Myrmidon!Breguet (Lancereaver) with the Swordslayer (65% hit) after burning 5 RNs since he barely misses killing with the Hammer and Eirika seizes.

hPU3ySm.png

The main reason I drafted her was because I needed another early game combat unit. Her flying will help with fetching villages but otherwise she might not have much use later on. She comes with a Crimson Eye and a Vulnerary which gets her doubled by absolutely everything. Weapon rank: C dark

nAA2A5X.png

My early game dancer will actually help save a turn next chapter and will save more throughout. He comes with his original equipment.

Chapter 2 (4/8):

Before I started the chapter, I traded Franz's Fiendcleaver to Eirika and his Hand Axe to Seth. Seth also receives the Devil Axe.

At the beginning, Vanessa gets the Elixir and the Red Gem villages. Eirika equipped with the Fiendcleaver moves to the armory so a bandit can be killed by Vanessa on PP3. Afterwards she moves and heals in the forest to the right of the fort so she can attract another bandit. Seth moves to a position to where he can kill the right bandit reinforcement on EP3. Myrmidon!Garcia as an NPC handles the bandit that attacked Ross and the archer.

Y4FVNbY.png

On Turn 4, Vanessa has to land a 37% hit with the Crimson Eye on the other bandit in order to kill him on EP4. She has to attack from above so she just has to land a 57% hit. Seth moves to kill the bandit that attacked Eirika with the Hand Axe. Ross’s AI moves him towards the others so he can be recruited on PP4 by Eirika which allows him to dance Seth to a position where he can kill Bone and his bandit partner on EP4 with the Devil Axe which allowed him to reach S Axes.

Chapter 3 (4/12):

Turn 1, Eirika and Vanessa break the first wall so Seth can kill the bandit and be danced to chip the other wall with a hand axe so he can kill a hand axe bandit and archer over the wall on EP1.

Turn 2, Eirika breaks the wall so Seth can rescue her and be danced so he can drop her ahead barely out of the range of the mercenary. Eirika equipped with a Hand Axe has to dodge either the steel axe bandit (60% hit) or the hand axe bandit (55% hit) on enemy phase. Vanessa chips the chest key bandit for exp. On EP2, the thief steals Ross’s vulnerary and Eirika dodges the hand axe bandit.

Turn 3, Vanessa chips the thief and Eirika kills both bandits with Ross’s dance. Seth attacks the mercenary with the iron lance from in front of the boss. On EP3, the mercenary dies and the boss is chipped low enough so Eirika can kill him with the Hatchet. The thief runs to heal.

Turn 4, I opt to have Vanessa kill the thief over the chest key bandit for more exp. Eirika kills the boss and Ross dances her to seize.

Here's Artur.

spzGscS.png

He is my obligatory staff user for warping. I would have liked him to have more magic but his growth is good in that so bleh. He just needs to work at that staff rank. His equipment includes a Heal, Torch staff, and a Vulnerary. Weapon Rank: D staff

Chapter 4 (3/15):

Before starting the chapter, Seth needed to have the Devil Axe, Halberd (came from Journeyman!Neimi), and a Hand Axe. Eirika needed the Fiendcleaver to kill reliably and Vanessa bought a Flux so she has a ranged weapon that she has at least 1 AS.

Turn 1, Eirika attacks the top left revenant with the Hatchet and Vanessa crit-kills the closest bonewalker at point-blank range. Seth kills the revenant to the right of the snag with the hand axe and Ross dances him so he can aggro the boss which is a Longbow!Ranger and kill all the Mogalls with his Hand Axe.

Turn 2, Vanessa crit-kills the bonewalker across the river from the snag in a position so Ross can dance her to attack the bottom leftmost revenant with Flux. This allows her to avoid being doubled by the other bonewalker with 4 AS. Seth Halberds the boss and Artur heals Eirika who readied herself for the revenant reinforcements.

Turn 3, Vanessa kills the bonewalker with Crimson Eye. She barely survives the revenant on EP3. Eirika attacks the Fetid Claw!Revenant with Fiendcleaver while Artur hides. Seth moves to a position so Ross can dance him to a forest that allows him to fight all the bonewalker reinforcements. He has to rescue Ross and be equipped with the Devil Axe for this to end on EP3.

I will post stats next update.

Edited by Paradigm

[spoiler=Chapter 7]

Dragon shield dropped on Franz before chapter starts.
Lute barrier's Franz before picks up Seth. Eirika takes the bridge to feed on the soldier. Next turn she kills him and levels up.
JP9RE1W.png
Franz drops Seth down and flies back to Eirika and Lute, Lute heals Franz up and enemies all die to Seth.
Lute barriers Franz again and he grabs Eirika.
Franz drop Eirika near the boss and Seth brings the boss down to 2 hp.
Franz takes out the boss leveling up and Eirika seizes.
pN7Zi8w.png
(5/52)

[spoiler=Chapter 8]

Seth, Eirika, and Lute both went north to rush towards the boss while Eirika snagged a few kills and Lute healed her up when needed and spammed barrier.
Franz flew towards Ephraim's spawn point taking out archers first and made his way to the Elysian whip. Forde and Kyle died for a noble cause as Ephraim ran away.
(12/64)

Now for units! I'm going Eirika's route so I can get Innes and Gerik quickly.

N8xkDMK.png

The real shame here is that he could have probably soloed the game.

XSCGVaN.png

I really wish I had a thief to grab the energy ring from chapter 7, she definitely needs one.

5Bk2DQR.png

She's turning out alright, I really wish she came at a higher level so she could promote faster.

HKfvA1G.png

This guy is pretty much going to carry this run. He's got almost everything he wants and thanks to his speed growth he can double quite a few enemies now. He'll probably promote soon.

Someone call Seth please.

IVHBHv2.png

And this isn't even the best part.

M1BD60d.png

Edited by Zerosabers

Added the Kyle+Forde rule.

C10 3/65 turns

Pretty simple. Gilliam ferries Eirika near Pablo (Great Knight) and kills him with 2x Heavy Spear (he doesn't double), which was brought by Knight!Tana. Colm self-improves on a forest tile below the start. Eph Lord!Gerik brings a killer lance (and useless hero crest), Tethys an Elixir and Innes a white gem.

Eirika       Pupil              12.46 27   7  10  11   8   6   5 C Anima
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight    15/4.95 45  15  13  17   5  22   3 S Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos             14.52 35  12  15  10   7  10   5 A Axe
Colm         Cavalier           13.11 29  10   9  13   8  12   1 E Swd B Lnc
Tethys       Thief               1.00 16   7   5  15   0   7   7 E Swd

C11 7/72 turns

Gilliam goes through the top and destroys pretty much everything, using javelins and killing the deathgoyle with a killer lance on EP... 4 I think? Tethys goes alongside him and deals with that Longbow!bonewalker, although I didn't really need her to. Colm, Garcia and Eirika go down, with Garcia killing stuff using regular iron/hand axes and Colm using the bright lance. Garcia advances into the room with the entombed that has almost 60 HP and a stationary bonewalker, along with Eirika, on turn 6. He attacks the former with an iron axe and counterkills the latter. The entombed is killed by Eirika on EP. Franz takes on revenant reinforcements during the last 2 turns.

Eirika       Pupil              13.93 28   7  10  12   9   7   6 C Anima
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight    15/6.25 47  16  14  18   6  24   4 S Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos             15.83 35  13  15  10   7  10   6 A Axe
Colm         Cavalier           15.62 31  11  11  14   9  12   1 E Swd B Lnc
Tethys       Thief               1.84 16   7   5  15   0   7   7 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop              1.00 32  12  16  11  13   6  17 D Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              1.00 30  13  18  11   8   9   8 B Bow
Edited by Gradivus.

I ended up promoting Franz, this would have been impossible without the gains.

[spoiler=Chapter 9]

This made me really wish I'd grabbed someone like Garcia or another early game unit.

Archers combined with magic and axes could do sizable damage to Franz so I couldn't just through him into everything and expect him to come out alive.

I ended up turtling for way to long to keep everyone alive and couldn't even leave start before Amelia left.

(32/96)

At least now Franz has a S rank in lances now. Everyone managed to get tons of levels though.

B7CwfUx.png

Seth returns.

eClfUBu.png

She finally has enough stats to start pulling her own.

F632Rka.png

Lute decided she wanted to be fast instead of strong for some reason.

(32/96)

Wow that's a lot

C9 is a really tough map when going for turncounts apparently (Ephraim's too), so it might be good to make the Seth rule one chapter longer in future drafts. Maybe even completely free, although I'm not quite sure if that's a good idea.

C12 7/79 turns

Saleh and Dozla get. Promoted Colm to Paladin. Saleh takes on the reinforcements near the start thanks to his slayer skill, making use of forest tile + elixir for most of the time. Colm charges ahead through the land part, Gilliam through the air. Gilliam kills the boss (Wyvern Knight with Dragonspear and a droppable axereaver) on turn 5 with a killer crit and drops the Killer lance into the convoy, equipping steel. He then progresses to the east, equipping a javelin on turn 6 so Colm can kill the javelin!gargoyles on turn 7 EP with a javelin. On turn 7, Gilliam kills the Entombed east of the boss area over the course of 2 rounds, along with a lone tarvos and gargoyle. Eirika, Dozla and Garcia pick up some scraps near the start and rout the south-east Gargoyles (those with horseslayers), and Dozla + Eirika gang up on the spiders in the south-east mountains. Got the barrier staff and Ewan, for the energy ring.

Eirika       Pupil              14.69 29   7  11  13   9   7   6 C Anima
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight    15/8.69 49  16  14  19   6  24   4 S Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos             16.12 36  13  15  11   8  10   6 A Axe
Colm         Paladin          15/2.02 33  13  12  17   9  14   3 D Swd A Lnc
Tethys       Thief               2.04 17   7   6  16   1   8   8 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop              2.23 32  12  16  12  14   6  18 D Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              1.37 30  13  18  11   8   9   8 B Bow

C13 2/81 turns

Saleh did 2 dmg to Aias (Recruit (3)), but conveniently I found a way to still feed him the bosskill.

Promoted Eirika to Sage (turns out the Pupil (2) promo item is guiding ring normally, without the need to hack) and gave the C12 Energy Ring to Saleh. Saleh gets dropped on a fort on turn 1 by Garcia and Colm, Gilliam stands between the two forts. EP, most of the unpromoted stuff suicides against Saleh and two rangers attack him. He dodges a pretty decent number of attacks. The third ranger attacks Dozla, who barely survives. Turn 2, Dozla kills a soldier in the way, Colm feeds a ranger to Eirika and Silver Lance!Gilliam, Steel Axe!Garcia (needs to dodge one out of 2 53's) and Shine!Saleh gang up to kill the boss.

Eirika       Pupil            14/1.40 33   8  11  13   9  10   9 A Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight    15/8.94 49  16  14  19   6  24   4 S Lnc
Garcia       Tarvos             16.27 36  13  15  11   8  10   6 A Axe
Colm         Paladin          15/2.19 33  13  12  17   9  14   3 D Swd A Lnc
Tethys       Thief               2.04 17   7   6  16   1   8   8 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop              4.23 33  15  18  12  15   7  20 C Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              1.62 30  13  18  11   8   9   8 B Bow
Edited by Gradivus.

Yea, chapter 9 sucked and I'm not good at LTCing anyways. I mean hey at least I got new units in chapter 10!

NB2bpzJ.png

Innes isn't great at anything, but he isn't terrible at anything either. He'll be great for moving Eirika around since almost everyone else will be mounted.

XlxMJfd.png

That base speed is fun, his FE6 level hit rates aren't. He's an amazing unit and is pretty much set for life. He's getting promoted almost instantly for the mount.

[spoiler=Chapter 10]

I had to move Eirika back down to grab Innes first and then back up to the gate since she couldn't fly herself.

Gerik's high defense actually came in handy for stopping enemies from entering to kill Tethys.

(11/107)

Yeah, Seth free for Chapter 9 would've been a huge help.

The other problem I had with Chapter 9 was that most of my units were doubled by the faster enemies. Granted, Eir didn't care, but she couldn't be everywhere at once!

Zero, I think I would've inflicted a nondrafted penalty at that point! Props to making it through!

Did you need Innes/Gerik for the bosskill or something? Considering they get recruited no matter if you talk to Innes.

C14 7/88 turns

Promoted Garcia, he now has 8 mov and S rank in axes, aswell as A in bows. Turn 1, Saleh unlocks the door, Garcia picks him up, Gilliam takes him and OHKOes the thwomp with heavy spear, and Colm drops him ahead so he can reach the second door on turn 2. Most of the first room suicides against Saleh, except for the Shaman which falls to Javelin!Colm. For some reason, Rennac just moves out of the way, probably because he doesn't have any chest keys. I proceed similarly for the second room, though instead I javelin chip the Myrmidon at the entrance of it with Gilliam after Colm dropped Saleh next to the Myrm. Most of the enemies suicide against Saleh on EP, again with one Shaman getting killed by Colm instead. Turn 3, Saleh kills the Knight near the 2-tile door and Eirika gets dropped ahead by Gilliam and Colm. Turn 4, Saleh unlocks the big door and gets healed by Eirika, who then gets dropped ahead again to counterkill two thwomps (Garcia killed the archers through the wall on turn 3). Turn 5, Saleh gets dropped within the sniper's range and Garcia just rescues Eirika. Turn 6, Colm kills the Sniper, Garcia OHKOes a throne room knight that moved and Gilliam takes Eirika and drops her barely within seizing range. Saleh proceeds to kill all the mooks in the throne room. Turn 7, Gilliam hits Carlyle (Mage knight with Alacalibur, which weirdly has the image of a ballista) twice with silver, Garcia attacks with steel bow and Shine!Saleh barely takes the kill once again.

Tethys got the spear and the hammerne, tried to get the energy ring with dozla but it simply wasn't possible within 7 turns since he didn't ORKO the mages in that room.

Eirika       Sage             14/1.69 33   8  11  13   9  10   9 A Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight    15/9.25 50  16  14  20   6  24   4 S Lnc
Garcia       Maelduin         16/1.41 36  13  15  11   8  10   6 S Axe A Bow
Colm         Paladin          15/2.81 33  13  12  17   9  14   3 D Swd A Lnc
Tethys       Thief               2.84 17   7   6  16   1   8   8 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop              6.94 34  16  18  13  16   7  21 B Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              2.21 31  13  18  11   8   9   9 B Bow
Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 9 - 6/66

"Geez clipsey, Eir flies, what took so long?"

WjypmAb.png

Yeah.

Nmxm1fF.png

This was a mixed blessing. The good thing was that he couldn't attack me. The bad thing was that I could only attack on PP, which cost a couple of turns. I wound up rigging Shadowkiller hits with Kyle (15 damage, 52% each), because it was a lot more realistic than trying to land crits with the Killing Edge at 37% each.

Everyone else did some self-improvement.

Chapter 5 (4/19):

I have to get the Guiding Ring since I have 3 magic users and the Master Seal will definitely go to Amelia.

On Turn 1, Seth equipped with a Hand Axe rescues ahead Eirika equipped with a Swordslayer so he can be danced to drop her into the forest below Knight!Joshua. The Swordslayer allows her to kill the fighters that attack her but she faces death should any of the fighters hit. Vanessa goes on a mission to get the Dragonshield. Everyone else moves forward. On EP1, all the enemies in the middle die to Seth and Eirika and Joshua (with a Short Spear) and the soldier hit Eirika bringing her to 2 HP.

On Turn 2, Artur heals Eirika twice with Ross’s dance. Seth kills an archer from range to allow Artur to heal up a rigged hit from the fighter on Seth next turn. Eirika chips Joshua as she moves forward and Vanessa gets the Dragonshield. On EP2, Seth kills enemies up top and is hit by the fighter while Joshua hits Ross.

On Turn 3, Natasha recruits Joshua and he rescues her. Artur gets two heals in on Ross and Seth with a dance. Ross has to be in range of one of the bandits so Vanessa can get the Armorslayer by Turn 4. Eirika and Seth move forward. Vanessa full moves up and attacks one of the bandits with Flux. She faces death from one bandit (79% hit) that doubles her. On EP3, Eirika kills a soldier and nearly kills the fighter. Vanessa survives and Ross tanks the other bandit.

On Turn 4, Seth gets the Torch. Vanessa gets the Armorslayer. Artur heals Joshua and is danced to get the Secret Book. Eirika ends the chapter by killing Bow Bonewalker!Saar with the Fiendcleaver.

Chapter 5x (7/26):

4GTDLgG.png

His offense is excellent and is bulky enough to survive the enemies across the water. He comes with a Hellfang and Elixir.

fEArh7C.png

He's the main reason why this chapter will end quickly. His flight is a huge boon for the rest of the run and will likely be MVP later on. He comes with two Javelins and a Vulnerary.

IHOJfB2.png

His stats are good enough to kill everything that could get Kyle attacked since Forde and Ephraim need to handle the throne room. He comes with an Iron Bow, Longbow, and Vulnerary.

This chapter can theoretically be cleared in 5 turns but I need both the Door Key and Chest Key.

Turn 1, Orson attacks a soldier with the Iron Bow that puts him in range of the archer. Kyle trades his Horseslayer and Steel Lance to Forde and Forde rescues Ephraim and moves right over the water just out of the range of the ranged enemies. On EP, the other soldier attacks Orson (and will continue to do so for the rest of the chapter).

Turn 2, Orson attacks a fighter near the throne room with his Longbow. Forde attacks the mage which he will barely kill on EP. On EP2, the archer and shaman die to Orson.

For the rest of the chapter, Ephraim and Forde clear the throne room with Ephraim killing the boss on EP6 (whom he doubled after a level up with spd) and Forde killing one of the outer soldiers with Javelin. Orson has to continuously dodge a 53% hit from the soldier while he kills the knight at critical health (for the Door Key). Luckily the soldier attacks Orson from below on EP6 so he can Longbow the mage by PP7. Kyle served as RNG manipulator and traded away Orson’s weapons and keys. Orson at critical health gets him attacked over Kyle which helped Kyle avoid combat.

Chapter 6 (3/29):

Seth rescues Eirika and is danced forward equipped with the Halberd to kill some cavaliers that could kill Eirika. On PP2, Seth drops Eirika so she can reach Mauthe Doog!Novala by turn 3 which she can kill at a 47% hit with a Fiendcleaver. Ross only faces danger from an Iron Blade cavalier which he dodges (71% hit). This allows Artur to spam Torch up to 5 times while Ross stands in a forest. Vanessa chips the cavalier for 2 turns which ended up getting healed by the troubadour that healed the Halberd!Fighter that attacked Seth on EP1.

Chapter 7 (4/33):

Eirika boosted by Ross’s dance waterwalks to Soldier!Murray who she can kill with the Hand Axe on PP3 and EP3. She faces danger from the Ballista but she survived with no problem. Artur manages to get 5 heals in and reaches C staves with Vanessa making full use of her squishiness against the two soldiers. Seth gets the Pure Water with lack of other things to do.

Chapter 8 (8/41):

The main group went up towards the boss with exp mainly going to Eirika. I managed to get the Angelic Robe. Artur got as many heals in as he could. Ephraim and Forde rushed to grabbed the Elysian Whip. This required Kyle to be sacrificed to the archer after Forde traded away his keys for a Javelin and Horseslayer. Ephraim getting a speed level up helped him ORKO a mercenary which likely saved a turn. Eirika gets the kill on Mage Knight!Tirado after Seth chipped him. By Turn 8, Ephraim opened the door and Forde nabbed the whip then Eirika seized. Forde had to dodge the Longbow!Archer at a 61% hit but otherwise there was no real issues. Will be going Eirika route.

Stats:

abCNMTX.png

Her offense is too good. Her defense also grew quite nicely.

WogrvYA.png

Farewell. It was fun while it lasted.

L3PZb5q.png

Still squishy but slightly faster. I guess crit-killing is her thing though.

JUid8p7.png

His low luck ends up getting him killed to single digit crits sometimes.

OasZVhc.png

He's still slow but at least he gets magic all the time.

uJ1qRZo.png

Why doesn't Forde have your offense? See you later.

uPAv997.png

He could be a lot better but he's getting there.

Edited by Paradigm

C15 6/94 turns

Saleh and Gilliam go down, Dozla Eirika and Garcia deal with the pegasus reinforcements and enemies to the right, Colm pretty much soloes the area near Caellach and kills him (Great Knight) with Heavy Spear. Valter is an Ephraim Great Lord and was killed by Gilliam with 2x Spear + Killer lance crit. Had to slow down a bit since the troubs and eclipse dude can't be killed on EP. Gave Gilliam a secret book before the map because I have enough money anyway.

Eirika       Sage             14/2.80 34   9  12  14  10  10   9 A Anima D Lgt D Stf
Gilliam      Wyvern Knight   15/11.27 51  17  17  20   7  24   5 S Lnc
Garcia       Maelduin         16/2.09 37  13  15  11   9  11   6 S Axe A Bow
Colm         Paladin          15/5.50 36  15  13  20   9  14   3 D Swd S Lnc
Tethys       Thief               2.84 17   7   6  16   1   8   8 E Swd
Saleh        Bishop              9.03 35  17  18  15  16   8  22 A Lgt A Stf
Dozla        Sniper              2.28 31  13  18  11   8   9   9 B Bow
Ephraim      Eir Lord           15.61 31  12  20  17  15   9   6 C Swd
Myrrh        Arch Mogall         1.00 26   6   5   5   2   5  10 A Dark

[spoiler=Chapter 11]

Franz looped around the bottom solo with an elixer while the rest of the gang entered through normally. Franz was able to handle himself just fine thanks to how many uses bright lances have.

I grabbed a secret book using a chest key to help patch up Gerik's hitrate. L'arachel ended up dieing since she was an armor knight with two speed. NPC sniper!Dozla was a huge help for clean up.

(11/118)

At the end of the chapter I promoted Eirika at level 16 into Pupil 3 for higher magic gains than sage.

gzUw5se.png

I really wish dark and light magic was more useful to her. Dark is too heavy for her and light sucks in general.

I ran into a glitch while doing chapter 12, after I get about halfway through the map.

RyQenIy.png

The game freezes on enemy phase like this.

Cd4XKz9.png

Is there any special event that might be causing this?

Edit: The emulator doesn't freeze, it's just stuck on enemy phase like that. All the sprites are still doing their idle animation.

Edited by Zerosabers

FE6 randomized froze for me sometimes too, there are some scenarios (C10A pirate reinforcements) where it was just impossible to get rid of, outside of blocking spawn points, and some where restarting the map can solve the issue randomly. Idk what causes it though, so maybe just try around a bit. I doubt it's the same kind of glitch as in FE6 10A because it didn't happen for me even though I triggered all the reinforcements in C12.

On Chapter 12, turn 4, a spider should crawl down near the Killing Edge skeleton. Where is that spider?

Chapter 11 - 10/76

I had to save L'Arachel's squishy ass, which cost a turn. Kyle went down the western side, and I felt a lot better about my previous turn counts after the Lancereaver I picked up saved the run (the boss was a Wyvern Knight). Everyone else went down the middle, with Eir having to recruit L'Arachel, so that I could move the latter out of danger.

tKpYJlO.png

That's the boss, which helped me to finish this a bit faster.

Edited by eclipse

Do you mean this one?

RMNsExi.png

Is there some special event that normally happens on turn 5?

Yeah. . .sort of. What happens is that the spider crawls down and lands on the skeleton. . .except that will cause the game to go nuts, because there's two units in one place. The best solution IMO is to kill that skeleton with Franz before then.

I killed the skeleton and after that it auto boots me to the main menu. I tried killing the spider first and it seems to get the game unstuck. Thank you for the help!

[spoiler=Chapter 12]

Franz flys and takes out the closest spider, he's going to move up slowly to prevent all the reinforcements from spawning at once. He still has to make it to the spider by turn 5.
Everyone else moves towards the middle of the map to prevent all the reinforcements from ganging up at once. Afterwards moving out and clearing like normal with Franz leading the charge. Gerik is promoted to ranger at level 15.
eDmDmbF.png
Ewan's energy ring is used up by Eirika putting her at 13 magic.
(14/132)

Edited by Zerosabers

Chapter 12 - 11/87

Stat check:

gWwU3qi.png

HAI THERE. Can't wait for Cormag~!

CgvoFAt.png

His grand accomplishment was to rescue Ewan and get out of the way.

y3uH0gA.png

She'd be great, with another five levels under her belt.

8dft3k5.png

Jehanna, home to mages who move at the speed of molasses.

DgprV2v.png

Why can't she get this Strength growth as a normal unit?!

JH4cYCH.png

Gets doubled, doesn't care.

0AWFBth.png

Surprisingly not bad.

This chapter can kindly die in a fire.

Promoted Natasha to Paladin, will upload pics later. She's pretty weird, stat-wise, but I needed the extra movement.

This chapter was for Joshua and Kyle, and to a lesser extent, Moulder. Eir moved north, and killed stuff on the mountains. Joshua was the designated dodgetank, which he somehow pulled off (though I am NOT sorry for rigging those 39% hits to miss). I have a brand-new Fetid Claw (...), and Kyle is ready for promotion. Overdue, actually, but I was a bit too busy to do it during the chapter.

n3254IH.png

This is why the Killing Edge skeleton needs to die ASAP. The spider moves onto its tile, which causes chaos.

Chapter 13 - 5/92

I RECRUITED CORMAG'S SORRY ASS, OKAY? :P:

Boss was a Journeyman, and I just promoted Kyle. I'll leave the carnage to your imagination. Hardest part about this map was keeping Neimi out of range of the ballista.

NibpvLY.png

See?

d0MceYd.png

And that's why the boss died so quickly.

Chapter 14

kWP6IC4.png

I regret everything.

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 9 (9/50):

ySIsCwX.png

Tana is quite the bulky Shaman. This bulk will help immensely this chapter. In the long run, she could make a pretty awesome Summoner and double as a great combat unit. She comes with two Flux tomes and a Vulnerary.

This chapter could have been worse considering that my best combat unit has to solo the whole bottom portion but bulky Tana and Crimson Eye Vanessa helped kill the scary enemies at the top. Tana could pull the Sniper and survive the mercenaries at full health.

nogr7Hm.png03FUQHT.png

The Sniper can be killed by EP2 Flux (Tana), Flux (Vanessa), Steel Lance (Forde), and PP3 Flux (Tana). It took everyone to defeat him and Artur had to dodge a 93% hit from a mercenary that doubles him. I suppose I could have rigged his spd or def growths or gave him a robe or shield but he dodged on the first try so I guess it’s fine. I made prudent use of Seth carrying a Javelin so I can block off enemies from attacking my frailer units especially Vanessa who could only survive a round from one mercenary. Seth fortunately did not face any combat but he did help ferry Fighter!Franz to recruit Amelia by PP8 who was pulled by Forde.

Here's Amelia.

c7Hs5xJ.png

Her stats are actually pretty good and she has plenty of room to grow. She cannot ferry promoted Eirika but she can help with her flight when Forde is busy elsewhere. She comes with her original equipment and her weapon rank is D lances.

Eirika soloed the pirates and the entire bottom portion. She promoted to a Berserker at Level 19 and proceeded to destroy everything. Binks was a 20 def General carrying a Steel Axe but Eirika reliably killed him by PP8 with the Hammer. On PP9, Amelia and Forde had to take care of a straggling fighter while Eirika had to Hand Axe the remaining archers and a straggling pirate on EP. Forde managed to reach Level 10 so he could promote if I need him to.

Chapter 10 (3/53):

Forde promotes to Wyvern Knight and gets the Speedwings so he can double a myrmidon that gets in Eirika’s way for the 3 turn.

Turn 1, Forde rescues Eirika and is danced to drop Eirika on the peak two spaces left of the nearest ballista while he moves next to that Ballista. Amelia rescues Ross out of the Ballista’s range and Artur drops him. Tana tanks everything while Vanessa stays out of range. On EP1, the nearest archer dies to Forde’s Short Spear (from Knight!Joshua) and the other Ballista misses Forde.

Turn 2, Forde kills the myrmidon that gets in the way, Eirika with the Fiendcleaver attacks Druid!Pablo equipped with Nosferatu. She can reliably kill him with a Fiendcleaver but she has to crit at least once on either PP2 or EP2. Pablo also has to miss a 37% hit on Eirika or he’ll be healed too much. Everyone else self-improves with Amelia and Tana protecting everyone. On EP2, Pablo misses and dies to Eirika with a crit.

Turn 3, everyone gets the exp they can get with Tana and Vanessa both reaching Level 10. Artur manages to get a total of 3 heals with his newly bought Mend staff and reaches B staves. I also managed to get the Killer Axe for Eirika to use.

Chapter 11 (7/60):

Have a look at L'Arachel.

O3wl9EZ.png

I think she has more defense than everyone except Eirika. Aside from that, she will be okay as an extra combat unit and she can help with rescue chains with Forde after she promotes as I think she can ferry Berserker!Eirika just barely. Her equipment includes a Poison Sword, Shamshir, and Elixir. Weapon rank: D swords

Artur bought himself another Torch staff. Forde gets the Secret Book to help with hit rates.

Forde and Amelia go down with undrafted Thief!Gerik (for vision and to carry a Door Key because of Forde’s limited inventory space). Amelia also goes back up to take care of the zombies at the start. The boss was a Ranger with a Steel Sword which can be killed by Horseslayer!Forde (from Soldier!Natasha) and Javelin!Amelia. Everyone else goes right with Eirika annihilating mostly everything with Hand Axe and Fiendcleaver. Artur spammed Torch and reached A staves. I managed to get the Secret Book and Short Spear using the droppable Chest Keys. I don't think Vanessa did anything besides RNG manipulation and to get the Secret Book. Amelia also had to get a level up in strength so she can kill all the zombies with a Steel Lance.

Stats:

XsTUzWZ.png

She's pretty godly and there's no stopping her at this point.

5b1nPXR.png

I think she can double some enemies with Flux but otherwise she's still the same. She did help kill threatening enemies in Chapter 9.

jUyuRK4.png

He helped Artur spam Torch and is still saving turns.

CLga2n6.png

He's nearing promotion so that's nice.

GtC7q2w.png

His flight is nice but his offense needs improvement.

4QSwB2Q.png

Her combat is so good. It's funny to see enemies barely scratching her.

vklCePA.png

She has more strength than Forde and she seems to be growing quite well.

Edited by Paradigm