Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc coming to PC in February (via Steam)

Jave

I heard a lot about this game; is it like Zero Escape?

Hopefully it's PSTV compatible, cuz I got a mac.

It's a bit like Phoenix Wright where you debate and find contradictions, but it also has elements of social links from Persona 4. In terms of atmosphere, I think it's pretty similar to Virtue's Last Reward.

It would be a much more lighthearted version of Virtue's Last Reward, then, at least in the (Ab)normal Days (aka the days before murders happen). Despite there being an incentive for murder thrown in, the story feels like a comedic slice of life with no immediate threats (different from, for example, the constant sinking ship threat in 999), and you easily forget that their situation is that dire... before shit happens. Then it boils down to Ace Attorney esque investigation parts, and a trial part with a few niche minigames and innovations that you'll have to see for yourself.

Edited by Rapier

It's a bit like Phoenix Wright where you debate and find contradictions, but it also has elements of social links from Persona 4. In terms of atmosphere, I think it's pretty similar to Virtue's Last Reward.

Well that sounds pretty good.

Hard to find a non-downloadable version of this game though. Looks like Amazon is the only thing that has it.

I was not particularly fond of Danganronpa, though I do hope the sequel will come to pc too as I hear that one is better.

the sequel, without spoiling, makes fun and subverts a lot of the tropes used in the previous one.

so even if you didn't like the first game, the second game could very well appeal to you.

I prefer the first game to the sequel, it was more contained and the development of all the characters felt more... developed haha. The Ultimate roles made more sense too. I feel some of the gameplay wont be as fun when you can just use your mouse to play but I hope they map the controls well and I am glad it's getting a port because it is a great game.

Avoid spoilers if you can, because it can be completely ruined if you know who lives and who dies.

well im a physical copy fan... ive been thinking of picking up a vita eventually when the system is cheaper...

there is a few games i want for the vita besides this game... bunches of games released by NISA, aksys, and atlus

but due to the fact the isnt doing so well in north america has caused loads of these games to get a very small print run.. which im still surprised they are getting released at all due to the horrible sales of the Vita

so its great this game is getting a steam release... but if i can get a physical copy... i will

• 4 weeks later...