Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Chapter 10/Birthright Chapter 13 GameXplain 20 Minute Footage

AbsoluteZer0Nova

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't change the cutscene, but I noticed a seventeen second black screen when transitioning... Like it's normally a couple seconds long not SEVENTEEN. Plus there was that weird buggy battle with Nishiki Kaden that had no music with the second enemy and Silas taking a while to load in. I'm hoping this wasn't the final build, just saying.

Edited by Fuzzlekins

Hinoka's voice is terrible... I hate it so much.

Also I'm thinking it's Sky Knight because Pegasus Knight is traditionally female-only, and the Japanese name also seemed to differentiate slightly from the traditional class.

This argument would make more sense if it were not for the English dub keeping mounted healers as "Troubadors" despite that class also being traditionally female-only.

I saw Crimson's name change coming and it fine to me. I still plan to marry her since I think she looks cool. Her voice is decent as well.

They didn't change the cutscene, but I noticed a seventeen second black screen when transitioning... Like it's normally a couple seconds long not SEVENTEEN. Plus there was that weird buggy battle with Nishiki Kaden that had no music and the second enemy took a while to load in. I'm hoping this wasn't the final build, just saying.

The footage jumped around a bit.

Other than that, the game does have some problems looping music apparently, and the support unit generally does pop in half a second after the main one.

So, I watched a little more of the video. It only makes me like Camilla less than I already did. She literally sounds evil when she says "I see you missed your big sister." Wtf, seriously...

I'm not watching much cause I don't want spoilers...even little ones.

Edited by Anacybele

• Pegasus Warriors are Sky Knights
  • Parallel (I think) Seals are Heart Seals
  • Nishiki is now Kaden
  • Fox Spirit is Kitsune
  • Something is now the Practice Katana (Bronze?)
  • Bowman is Archer

New(?) stuff I noticed in that video.

And in the Conquest video:

• Lance Fighter is Spear Fighter
  • Odin is still Odin (did we know that?)

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume heart seals == marriage seals

I'm disappointed with Nishiki's localized name. Kaden? Seriously? As much as people who play these games in the states may want to call them by Treehouse's translation, imo this is doing important parts of the game an injustice and I from here on will probably start going on a vehement crusade for most of the Japanese names as NA shouldn't be treated like some land filled with hill-billy rednecks that dropped out of school and don't know how to do anything else in society other than subsistence farming (no offense.) As for Hans, I kinda like that. It suits him better than Ganz since it makes me think of WWII Nazis and/or the random Nazi Vampire from TFS Hellsing Ultimate Abridged that burned down London Bridge and sang the song too.

This argument would make more sense if it were not for the English dub keeping mounted healers as "Troubadors" despite that class also being traditionally female-only.

Okay so the female-only thing probably isn't the reason. I think it's more to do with what Vincent said, that the Japanese class was known as a Tenma Warrior, and didn't use the past class name of Pegasus Knight.

The footage jumped around a bit.

Other than that, the game does have some problems looping music apparently, and the support unit generally does pop in half a second after the main one.

The Japanese build may not be perfect but I rarely if ever had anything like that happen. The support units rarely take long enough to delay the start of a battle.

Ooh, I like seeing Takumi sound like that. I was afraid Hoshido would be portrayed as too goody goody. Both nations should have good points and bad points. Nohr being all for battle, violence, and conquest while Hoshido has some Nohr-hating racists works nicely for bad points.

I know you're avoiding spoilers, so I'm not going to spoil anything. But honestly, making Takumi the bad guy (if Nohr path is at all faithful to the Japanese version) is probably the LAST thing we want. It's quite irritating when the only person with a brain on Nohr path gets bashed for it.

In terms of voice acting, Arthur made my day; they kept his character so well. I quite liked Selena as well although she doesn't quite sound like her Awakening counterpart (similar with Odin as well). Silas is all right, Camilla and Takumi (So it's TA-ku-mi not Ta-KU-mi in the ENG version as well, interesting...) are OK as well although it might take time getting used to. Beruka's a bit unexpected but I think it's a legitimately good alternative take on her personality. A bit iffy with Oboro and Hinata but probably much of it is just being used to the JP voices. Felicia is a bit disappointing although her battle quotes seem better than those in dialogue, but Nyx is... well they definitely took her quirk in the storyline quite seriously, but her extremely high-pitched voice doesn't fit her looks at all (I've always imagined the whole 'everyone's treating her like a child' as simply a height issue... She actually came across as quite mature in everything apart from her height in the original).

Overall the voice acting doesn't quite bother me as much as the actual dialogue, which I think feels considerably more lighthearted and casual than the original JP version (some of them I feel like are just awkward, but maybe that's just me). Compared to the Japanese version I can't help but feel that it lacks a bit of... seriousness or gravitas perhaps? It kind of reminds me of 4-Kids rendition of anime for some reason... Overall I don't think it's a bad job done by any means but I definitely feel that Awakening was slightly better in terms of localisation.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

I'm with Ana. Having seen nothing of the Japanese Takumi, he doesn't seem like a bad guy to me in this footage. Just reasonably antagonistic towards Nohrians. And I like how competent he seems.

I fear it may be too late for me. I've gotten way too used to the Japanese names and voices and hearing some of these new voices now just seems odd. Especially Felicia. What should do?

This chapter though. It was brutally difficult to keep everyone alive while getting all the house and other objectives on my play through. Or maybe I'm just bad at Fire Emblem

Edited by SilverPants

Wait, I've been saying Takumi wrong this whole time? I was saying "Tah-KOO-mee" before. Man, do I suck at pronouncing Japanese (I pronounce just about every other Japanese name/word wrong).

Edited by Anacybele

I loved Kaden's voice! It's so perfect! Felicia's voice, I liked, but the delivery of some of her lines sounded a bit forced, but others sounded good~ I also thought Hana had a really good voice~

I also love that the class is still Kitsune~ XD

Interesting... some voices weren't what I expected, but eh, I'll get used to them. Have to say a couple of them REALLY startled me.

Bit surprised by Takumi's lines, but if the increase in open hatred against Nohr is across the board for the Hoshidans (and not just Takumi), then I think I'm okay with it. If it's JUST him, though... eh... not the best of choices there, localizers.

I'm usually don't care about dubs vs subs, but baby jesus my ears hurt please turn on dual audio every single voice is awful

sounds like they went the Chaos Wars route and got the developers' family members to do the voice acting

I am not impressed with the voice acting so far. I may turn voices off in future play throughs. I am hoping they will grow on me.

Chapter 10 looks incredibly difficult on high Nohr difficulties. I am sure this chapter is a living hell on Lunatic.

I am not impressed with the voice acting so far. I may turn voices off in future play throughs. I am hoping they will grow on me.

Chapter 10 looks incredibly difficult on high Nohr difficulties. I am sure this chapter is a living hell on Lunatic.

Should be alright if you've been levelling your MU and your Paladin/Great Knight Jakob...