Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Chapter 10/Birthright Chapter 13 GameXplain 20 Minute Footage

AbsoluteZer0Nova

I can't tell if Kaden's voice is Yuri Lowenthal, Bryce Papenbrook (probably not), or Vic Mignogna. Am I even spelling "Mignogna" right? I suppose that shows how much I don't like him.

Either way, instead of pronouncing Kaden like "Kay-den," could it be possible that it's pronounced "Kah-den?"

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, Saizo(u) sounds like he started smoking as an infant. >.>

lol but some people just love it :v

He makes up for it by having a voice that impregnates every woman within a mile and turns straight men gay.

Since it has been said many times that while Leo sounds awfully lot like David Vincent, its not necessarily him... I was watching a Stella Glow playthrough, and Rusty's voice (the game audio is a bit loud!) reminded me of Leo. According to the game's Wikipedia page, Rusty is voiced by Max Mittelman. Is anyone here familiar with his roles? Could it be him?

Well, whoever is voicing Leo, I think he's very good. One of the best voices so far, his lines in the Birthright gameplay footage were great.

Wait, I've been saying Takumi wrong this whole time? I was saying "Tah-KOO-mee" before. Man, do I suck at pronouncing Japanese (I pronounce just about every other Japanese name/word wrong).

Pretty sure you have the right pronunciation, or my three years of taking Japanese have lied to me :( Also, that's how they pronounced it in the Japanese version iirc

Pretty sure you have the right pronunciation, or my three years of taking Japanese have lied to me :( Also, that's how they pronounced it in the Japanese version iirc

No it's TAH-koo-mee. The stress is on the first syllable and I am certain that they pronounced it like that in the japanese version since I have been playing it..

Wait, is that ANOTHER Lloyd? Like, I can see why they'd do that, but that puts a giant damper on a certain handsome Black Fang member. . .

Least we can always have the one handsome Black Fang in another game series :P:

But I digress, it was nice to see the footage, but I think Gamexplain needs someone more in tune with FE so it isn't as hard to watch...

No it's TAH-koo-mee. The stress is on the first syllable and I am certain that they pronounced it like that in the japanese version since I have been playing it..

Well, I went back and listened to the Japanese pronunciations again (specifically, Hinata's from Nohr 10 and M!Kamui and F!Kamui from Nohr 27/endgame), and they are at least the same as how I would pronounce the name in real life. And honestly, none of the syllables sounded really heavily stressed.

Then I went to my Japanese-English dictionary app and it pronounces Takumi with what sounded like the first syllable stressed, but it clearly resulted in a different pronunciation from that of the characters in game.

So the conclusion is... I'm now confused. Either I suck at Japanese or suck at discerning what syllables I'm really stressing in speech. I might try to ask my professor or TA later

EDIT: okay, I just listened to the English version's pronunciation of Takumi (by Hinata). It's like how my app pronounced it, but it still sounds different from the Japanese version to me. Then again, it's pretty common for dubs pronounce stuff weirdly in anime, so maybe that's not a good reference

Edited by Tsuky