Bloodline, Loyalty, or Neither?

CaitlynMellark

Hey! Lookie! A poll!  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Which Side Would You Choose In Real Life?

2. 2. Which Side Did You Choose For Game?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In real life... well, I don't know.

I'd like to say it's a no-brainer, but... somehow I doubt that.

I'd like to say Nohr. After all, these are the people with whom I've spent my entire life with. Leaving these people who love me so dearly... leaving them for people I JUST MET only a day or two ago... that'd be really difficult, even if they're related to me by blood.

But I wonder... upon discovering just how awful Garon is... would I still be up and ready to go back to HIM, too?

...I don't know. I'm just saying, in REALITY, FOR ME, it'd be a hard choice.

...A hard choice between Nohr and Neither/Neutral, that is.

...But wait a moment,

wasn't one of Corrin's reasons for siding with Nohr to confirm whether or not Garon did try to kill them? To make absolutely sure, to hear it from Garon, himself? If that's the case, well... yeah. I'd think I'd like to know, too. I'd always be thinking about it otherwise.

In game, though... Yeah. Nohr. No contest. For the reasons I stated above; I've known these guys my entire life. I'm not just about to up and leave them for people I barely know.

Besides... I just think... without Corrin around... I just feel like the lives of my Nohr siblings would be A LOT worse. I want... to be with them. They feel like... "home" to me.

I am at least playing Conquest first, although I have a feeling Revelation will become my favorite gameplay-wise.

As for IRL, I would choose Nohr, with conditions. I could never abandon the family that raised me, and the four Nohrian Royals seem like good people (I really question Camilla but eh.) I barely know the Hoshidans, and the person that I would want to know best there is no longer in the picture. Granted, I would never fully support Nohr's bloody actions, but i would instead search for a way to solve the crisis for Nohr behind the scenes to bring peace anyway I could; even if I had to overthrow Garon. On that note, I would actually consider being in Nohr a good way to try to take him out if I wanted to. Keep your enemies closer, right? I would never trust him again after that attempt on Corrin's life.

In real life I would definitely side with Nohr. They're after all the people who raised Corrin and the siblings truly care about him/her. I think such bonds have much more worth than any blood relationship. Furthermore the Hoshidans don't even have any proof for their claims. For all Corrin knows they could just be lying to get him/her to side with them.

Also as we know now, they're in fact lying to Corrin. Queen Mikoto being the exception.

In game I'll also side with Nohr first and it'll stay my favourite option, but of course I'll play all sides at least once.

I choose all because i got the SE

Irl i would choose depending on the case if it was exactly like in fates then Nohr since my blood would be strangers to me while the Nohr are people that i grew up thinking were my blood and treated me nicely

Edited by sacredenigma

Game-wise, I'm going with Hoshido because I'm still relatively new to Fire Emblem and I like to take the time to grind my characters before moving on with the story, like in Pokemon. I'll get Revelation whenever I can.

In real life, I would have picked bloodline, since it feels right to be with the people you were born to, IMO.

Personally, in that situation I think I would've felt betrayed learning I've been kept away from my real family and never got to know them growing up.

This was one of the reasons I was going to originally choose Hoshido, but I grew too attached to the Nohr characters and liked the increase difficulty. :tangerinesadness:

The title of this topic is misleading. It's not loyalty vs bloodline, it's loyalty vs morality.

I would either side with Hoshido or side with Nohr and try to overthrow Garon together with my siblings. But if i'm siding with Nohr i would definitely not do things the same way Kamui does in Nohr.

Edited by BruceLee

Personally, knowing that Garon is the Obviously Evil Guyâ„¢, I would choose either Hoshido or neither. I would wanna fight for what's right, and honestly, I would want to know my real family and would feel betrayed about never knowing about them. Of course, since the Nohr siblings do love and care about Kamui, I would feel conflicted about choosing either or.

Game-wise, Hoshido because waifus and husbandos I like to move at my own pace and train characters I want to use.

My choice would be neither...but I would probably go with Nohr in the long run.

Even if Hoshido is 'the right' decision...it doesn't really feel like it. This is a war game after all...nobody really wins.

(Although I hate the whole Garon business in Nohr...they could have done better!)

That's funny.

I'm Japanese, taken to America to live with my European side of the family. Most of my family is in Japan.

I'm planning to go back to Japan despite my European family wanting to stay here because I want to be with most of my family despite not living with them for as long.

The only difference is that I'm blood related to both, but I didn't notice I was basically living a modern version of it until now.

BTW I'm choosing Hoshido in-game, so I guess I already made the choice in real life, haha.

The title of this topic is misleading. It's not loyalty vs bloodline, it's loyalty vs morality.

I would either side with Hoshido or side with Nohr and try to overthrow Garon together with my siblings. But if i'm siding with Nohr i would definitely not do things the same way Kamui does in Nohr.

Bloodline is because Hoshido has your blood related siblings

Not for morality

So no, it is not misleading unless you want to go ahead & spoil the stories for everyone

Edited by CaitlynMellark

Bloodline is because Hoshido has your blood related siblings

Not for morality

So no, it is not misleading unless you want to go ahead & spoil the stories for everyone

That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying even though the Hoshido siblings are related to you by blood that should not be your main reason for siding with them. If it was then i would go with Nohr because blood is not as important to me as bonds. I side with Hoshido because of a moral stand point, which i think should be the main reason.

Edited by BruceLee

Eh, maybe it's just the blatant cultural favoritism, but I'm a little put off by Hoshido, especially if the argument in their favor is them doing nothing wrong or that siding with them is siding with "morality." Like Nohr, it kidnapped a member of the royal family to hold as a hostage, and the whole "peace loving" versus "glory hungry/blood thirsty" labeling makes me wary of them.

I don't know the whole backstory of the last Hoshido/Nohr conflict, so for all I know Hoshido's had a history of hostile actions against Nohr. Pelagia might have been the aggressors of the war by the time Fire Emblem Awakening started, but it was made abundantly clear that they had legitimate grievances against Ylisse from the last conflict. I'm hoping this game's conflict (at least in terms of backstory) is more nuanced than "Fantasy counterpart East is good and Fantasy counterpart West is evil!"

Plus, Hoshido has Takumi. And seriously. Screw Takumi.

Edited by REL

I don't think there is any benefit for siding with Nohr instead of siding with Hoshido. Kamui's just bossed around by Garon and the siblings also comply with most of his orders, anyway.

I don't think there is any benefit for siding with Nohr instead of siding with Hoshido. Kamui's just bossed around by Garon and the siblings also comply with most of his orders, anyway.

Yes i agree with you 100%. But that's if we're looking at the game's story, which is written poorly. IRL, i can see myself not being able to betray my Nohrian siblings because they took care of me. So if i were to side with them my main goal will still be to stop Garon, definitely not help him in conquering Hoshido. And if my Nohrian siblings won't help stand up against Garon's ways then screw them, i'm going to Hoshido.

Exactly

The only real benefit for Kamui siding with Nohr is if he truly WANTED to kill his siblings or take over Hoshido for Nohr, but as shown in the Nohrian game

he doesn't

Otherwise, the only benefit would be having his Nohrian siblings, which he could have with his Hoshidian siblings if he just chose neither

Ranking Choices (Both in Game and Real Life):

1. Neither

2. Hoshido

3. Nohr

I would have chosen neither, because you just dont have enough information to go on to know why Garon wants to invade Hoshido or what exactly happened in the city plaza in chapter 5, you cant trust Garon so you just need to step back from the situation and analyse it from a different perspective and find your own answer.

The reason I ranked my choice for Hoshido over Nohr is because if you are trying to form peace between Hoshido and Nohr you have to be on the defending side, its a lot easier to convince your siblings on the other side to lay down their arms because your motive for fighting is just to defend yourselves. Game wise I love the addition to Japanese themed units so Hoshido again, plus I like the extra missions for grinding I only use them to get units I've neglected to an appropriate level for the next chapter.

That is your best bet to save everyone even though it does not work out that way, but that would have been my thought process at the story branch.

In the game, I'll go Hoshido or Neither...

And if it was my real life, I'll side with Hoshido. I do prefer have allies and family, and after seeing I was just a pawn, since my "Father" used me to destroy a town and try to kill me in the process - and see the woman who pretend to be my mother sacrifice herself for my life - I can't return to Nohr. Clearly.

In regards to my in-game choice, I think I would choose Nohr or the 3rd path. I choose Nohr because there are characters I'm fond of from that place and that it seems to have great gameplay. And I would view the people who have raised me for my whole life as my true family, whether we are connected by bloodline or not. Plus... [spoiler=heavy game spoiler] aside from Mikoto, who is your real mother, none of the Hoshidan siblings are related to you by blood anyway

I would also pick the 3rd path because I generally prefer happy endings.

As for my real life choice, I don't think it would be that simple to decide which side to choose. In all honesty I think I would run away on spot if I were to be put in that situation, so... 3rd path as well, I guess?

I'm not completely sure where its originated from (probably some written material like an interview or press statement) but Norh's lack of resources has been pretty common knowledge for some time now. I'd say its closer to the basic premise of the story than a spoiler.

It never happened. Garon wants to decimate and destroy Hoshido, for a reason I won't discuss because spoilers. Stop spreading mis-information.

Please, and Thank You.