What are you doing next week to count down the final five days till Fates (in NA)?

Kaze

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently playing through Awakening one more time. There are some characters I've never used, and more than a few DLC maps I never got around to (the Future Past and Scramble maps, mainly), so I figured I ought to give the game one more go before Fates is released. It might be a long time before I go back to it.

I'm playing Awakening in the mean time. Mainly doing this. :

1) Giving everyone five or more skills.

2) Getting all the characters.

3) Getting all of Avatar, Chrom, Sumia, and the kiddos' supports and having everyone else have five/six supports.

4) Beating both paths of Apotheosis.

5) Getting max reown.

6) Making a Streetpass team. Even though, that's going to be worthless soon...

I done all the that, well other then beating the normal path of Apotheosis and making a Streetpass team but eh, I got a week to get it done.

Getting my work done so my weekend is realatively clear and

XCOM2_stunlancer_thm.jpg

dealing with these assholes. If nothing else, XCOM 2 will prep me for a harsh lunatic classic playthrough in terms of dealing with AI unfairness.

EDITS: Image was too big, so I put it in spoilers.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

Uhh, finishing up Homework Assignments, playing other video games, and waiting for the ENG Special Edition of FE: if/Fates to come out on the release for pre-orders @ GameStop along with the Keychains Bonus, if possible.?

Edited by Tide of Waves

I'll be spending the final five days counting down the final five days until its release. I also want to revisit my old Awakening files and look through the Avatar log as a trip down memory lane. If I have time I might also get to replaying Shadow Dragon.

Trying to pretend the countdown doesn't exist so that the days go by faster... I perfected my Streetpass team for Awakening, and ran through another file at high speed not too long ago, so I really don't have anything else to do but wait. (I also don't want to fall victim to a "Damn You, Muscle Memory!" with the Pair Up system tweaks come Fates.) I'll distract myself with other games, mostly. I have been getting myself back into Final Fantasty Tactics: A2, so I'll work on that, I suppose...

... or I'll try to find a way to induce a coma that will end on release day. That's always an option.

Since Fates is about which side ur go to, I'm playing Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker on the Septentrion story for the second time which will be my third playthrough

Can u guess what route I'm doing?

I'm going to say the triumphant ending.

(also how do you mark spoilers?

I think the day that's going to be the hardest to sit through is Friday since both the special edition and New 3DS XL are coming via the mail. >_>

It's fun though, I really like the magic system and music.

the magic system I'm not sure if I like or not

I really like the idea of characters learning spells over time rather than just tossing different tomes at them to use as their weapon levels increase

but the way they take damage using attacks is really poorly designed

like I want to say it's not a terrible idea? but it kind of is and it's even worse with how it's implemented. for example if celica uses her angel attack thing to kill a skeleton guy that she would kill in one hit but misses she'll attack again and hurt herself again, causing her to take a total of 8 damage. in addition, characters seem to default to their weakest magic attack when they counterattack, which is the best way to prevent them from taking too much damage on enemy phases, but I really feel like it would be a lot better if you could just choose which one they'll counterattack with, if at all.

the music's super great though I agree on that I love both map themes and the song that plays when people talk at the beginning of chapters

it's not a great game and probably not even a very good one for its time with all the huge design flaws and tedium (and boats!), but i'm enjoying it anyway somehow

probably because emulator

Edited by maybe

Going to classes, studying for tests, doing homework, among other things.

But when I've had free time I'd play Bravely Default.

...unfortunately I highly doubt I'll beat that game before I get Fates. Sorry, Bravely Default, but the latter is much more important!

I was trying to finish Xenoblade Chronicles AND Xenoblade Chronicles X before the 19th... But wait.

I won't be getting Fates right when it releases, so I guess I'll have more time to finish them.

I have been building a LEGO IDEAS project (Lego has a website where people can submit ideas. If an idea get 10,000 supports within two years and Lego approves of it, it will be made into a Lego product), based on the stone golems in Fates (the big rock monsters with coin faces; I decided it would be easier than making the Corrin dragon form). I have finished designing it, and I just need to submit it. Once it's on the Lego Ideas site, I'll create a forum topic on this site with the link to Lego Ideas.

EDIT: I previously made a lego set based on the premonition chapter of Awakening, and that one still needs supporters. Link to that Lego Idea:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/121131

Edited by vanguard333