So what in fates is the most rage inducing for you (gameplay wise)

Locke087

I liked that map too. However, a lot of Revelations' maps force you to wait for no other reason than the map design is designed to slow you down; picking up boxes and force your 15 something people to position themselves in very narrow spaces or destroying ice blocks that conceal enemies that can two-hit your brittle units which means you either have to be careful or be lucky, or just wait for slow-moving platforms, or run back and forth navigating a labyrinth with sometimes-changing walls is simply not fun and adds either far too much waiting or external random elements to your strategy.

Ah now I gotcha. Still, I enjoyed it all- every map so far. I'm playing on Normal Casual my first run. Subsequent will be Hard/Classic and a Lunatic/Xlassic, then my final run (well, may do more but my MAIN, for keeps run) will be normal casual to build my dream team. That's the one where I will have every kid, everyone 20/99. What am I saying? I loved these maps my first runs, and had few deaths. But I feel subsequent runs will make them seem like a chore.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunge is the reason why i haven't bothered to try and complete the awakening dlc... what should you do anyway? Enemies just keep coming and lunge is making me crazy...

and the hp half thing... burn all those staves.... and dance around them

and i hate how my arthur was godly at the beginning of conquest and then sucked for the rest of the game for some reason...

Keaton getting one rounded by Fuuga with his Silver Katti in Ch 20 after 2 hours of slowly moving past those dumb wind storms, because of how stupidly OP he is. I mean, come on, his stats are ridiculous. Not even Thracia had throne bosses as tough as him. Also, am I the only one who is a bit annoyed at all the enemy exclusive weapons. I like the variety of weapon types, but I think we should at least get a chance to access them somehow.

Conquest map chapter 19; that's the most hamfisted attempt at increasing the difficulty I've ever seen.

Oh god this chapter, I hate this chapter. I'll admit that it took me 5 hours to finally beat after multiple resets. Thank god for the skill Camilla had that damaged multiple enemies even in their unattackable state

Edited by SilverPants

Missing an 85% shot that would end chapter 11 in Birthright, only to miss and get hit with a 54% hit, 2% crit chance crit. Sigh. I then proceeded to die repeatedly to fatal misses after that point. Poor planning on my part but missing those high rate attacks is like FFXIV levels of prayer to RNGesus...

Also missing 6 times in a row in the arena with a 75% hit rate.

I like replaying FE games, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to replay Fates. The chapters just slow you down way too much, mostly because of overdone obstacles. I hate that DV can be used against me too. I just feel a little overwhelmed by how much I have to consider in Fates: DV gimmicks, annoying amounts of obstacles, debuffs, new weapon triangle, trying to support grind during main chapters, dual guard gauge... It's just too much and makes planning my moves so uncertain. I prefer the simplicity of RD and prior, TBH.

That said, I think the way they balanced the weapons was pretty interesting, and definitely and improvement over past games.

My least favourite part is probably in that later map (forgot which chapter) in Nohr Lunatic. I had to avoid a certain group of enemies who would refuse to get lured (and overwhelm you when you getge too close), ferry my units across the gap two at a time, and all that effort just to board the wall and get killed by the swarming bowmen. Rinse and repeat three times, and I eventually had to abandon my no DLC, no nonstandard recruited unit policy.

Then again in Nohr endgame, when even "cheating" couldn't help.

Because of this, I couldn't bring myself to like [spoiler=Late game Nohr]Takumi. It's the later two of the four Takumi conflicts I'm talking about.

Bronze weapons.

This game has given me an intense hatred for bronze weapons. They can't proc crits or skills? Seriously? They suck all around and then they suck even harder. Way to go, bronze weapons. Are you happy now?

My least favourite would probably be enemy dragon vein. The

Birthright chapter with Camilla (the later one, not Ch.13(?))

was such a pain for some reason. You never knew when it was going to strike, did a massive amount of damage, and was always used at the beginning of the turn so that the AI could swoop in and finish my units off - not to mention it was unlimited. Apart from that Birthright was a cakewalk but for some reason I just had so much trouble with that particular use of the mechanic.

And as others have said, RNG hijinks. Was going up against the last boss of Birthright today, went to weaken it with Ryoma and Raijinto - two chances of 92% hits. Proc'd Astra - two of five hits missed. Follow-up attack also missed. Happened again a turn later with my Avatar (I believe the hit chance was 98%)- luckily she got in a Rend Heaven to make up for the miss or else she would have died the next turn.

Enemy ninjas and everything they stand for

-fast and dodgy

-accurate 1-2 ranged weapons that debuff

-Snake Venom and Lunge

Also status staves, particularly Freeze and the Hex staff. Debilitating chapter long debuffs are ridiculous.

Bronze weapons.

This game has given me an intense hatred for bronze weapons. They can't proc crits or skills? Seriously? They suck all around and then they suck even harder. Way to go, bronze weapons. Are you happy now?

This combined with new weapon types starting at E rank and the slow wexp growth are super annoying. A Ninja promoting to Master Ninja will have to grind through a rank of swords that do less damage than your shurikens, don't debuff and can't hit at range. At least Bandit weapons can be used at E rank.

Edited by NekoKnight

There's bad design, and then there's Nohr 19. That's shit design. Bosses like Conquest Kotaro and Fuuga are also shit design. Nohr's final chapter on Lunatic Mode is incredibly shit design that punishes players who misused their rescue staff charges. Bottom room of N26 is shit design.

Anytime defensive formation shows up. That's not a skill enemies should have.

Ninjas are just ugh as an enemy.

This combined with new weapon types starting at E rank and the slow wexp growth are super annoying. A Ninja promoting to Master Ninja will have to grind through a rank of swords that do less damage than your shurikens, don't debuff and can't hit at range. At least Bandit weapons can be used at E rank.

Yes! Thank you! Why is the weapon experience so f*ckin' slow? Why do all the base weapons suck so very hard? I swear its as if the game just wants to make me angry for adding a new weapon via promotion or reclassing...

Edited by Kakeyo

Yes! Thank you! Why is the weapon experience so f*ckin' slow? Why do all the base weapons suck so very hard? I swear its as if the game just wants to make me angry for adding a new weapon via promotion or reclassing...

At the very least, promoted classes should start at D rank for all equip-able weapon types. Bronze weapons are bad weapons early on but they only get worse as your crit rating rises and you get proc skills.

Speaking of weapon ranks, while I wouldn't classify this as "rage" tier annoyance, I wish your top weapon rank as a promoted class were determined by your starting class instead of the standard class limits (this assumes natural promotions, not class changing by other means). A unpromoted class leveled up to 20 with one weapon type will likely hit B rank or be close to it. So where can you go after you promote to their "alternate promotion" (Mercenary to Bow Knight, Fighter to Hero etc)? Nowhere! You already capped that weapon rank and the only weapon type you can level up is far weaker than your standard weapon. It would be a far better system if you would A rank whatever your starting weapon type was and the standard class limits only applied if you class changed to a separate class tree.

At the very least, promoted classes should start at D rank for all equip-able weapon types. Bronze weapons are bad weapons early on but they only get worse as your crit rating rises and you get proc skills.

One of the few things Shadow Dragon did right in regards towards promotion/reclassing; if the unit had a B rank, new weapon types gained (from reclassing or promotion) started at a D rank; if the unit had an A rank, new weapon types started at a C rank.

There's bad design, and then there's Nohr 19. That's shit design. Bosses like Conquest Kotaro and Fuuga are also shit design. Nohr's final chapter on Lunatic Mode is incredibly shit design that punishes players who misused their rescue staff charges. Bottom room of N26 is shit design.

Anytime defensive formation shows up. That's not a skill enemies should have.

Ninjas are just ugh as an enemy.

Looking at their levels, they don't seem that bad. Kotaro's a level 3 promoted unit when you've got several promoted units already, while Fuuga is level 10 but much later on. What skills do they have on hard? Do they move?

Edited by The DanMan

I wish Master Seals were easier to obtain. Yeah, I know it was a little crazy how simple it was in awakening, but at least you could reclass exactly when you wanted, and I liked keeping every unit relevant. But it's not like it's bothering me now because I just experienced my worst nightmare. (that's deleting your save accidentally)

One of the few things Shadow Dragon did right in regards towards promotion/reclassing; if the unit had a B rank, new weapon types gained (from reclassing or promotion) started at a D rank; if the unit had an A rank, new weapon types started at a C rank.

Looking at their levels, they don't seem that bad. Kotaro's a level 3 promoted unit when you've got several promoted units already, while Fuuga is level 10 but much later on. What skills do they have on hard? Do they move?

Kotaro is like the lovechild of Henning and H5 Gazzak and is infuriatingly hard to hit because of FE6 throne bonuses and Duelist's Blow, plus he's a ninja so he can also debuff the shit out of you. Fuga's not quite as dodgy but he's significantly bulkier with WTA and he's on one of the worst maps.

Kotaro is like the lovechild of Henning and H5 Gazzak and is infuriatingly hard to hit because of FE6 throne bonuses and Duelist's Blow, plus he's a ninja so he can also debuff the shit out of you. Fuga's not quite as dodgy but he's significantly bulkier with WTA and he's on one of the worst maps.

For the sake of numbers, Kotaro has something like 80-85 avoid (not sure if Jounin's +5 avoid is factored into the stat screen) and 110-115 on player phase. That's just lmao. Fuuga is just as bad because if the unit in question does not kill him, they are inflicted with Str/Spd/Def seal and if they hit him but don't kill him, he gets +10 avoid due to his personal skill so he reaches Kotaro levels of dumb. C20's not too bad tho. It's a really fun map once you get the hang of it. Best I've done is 5 turns with the 10k chest and the rescue staff chest.

Only up to Nohr 9 right now and my only real ragey moment is the X Seal skills. Speed Seal made surviving Ch7 much harder because they doubled me so quckly. Defense Seal just shit on the strategy I had for Nohr 9 so I'm a little salty.

Enemy Silver Weapons. Fuck them. Unless I'm doing something wrong, most of my units have about 30-40 HP at Chapter 25 Birthright Normal. Why then, do these guys get to cleave my health in half when they hit? Even better, the debuff doesn't matter to them, since all they need is one turn to kill me or for me to kill them.

Meanwhile, I'm using Iron and Steel because I don't want to die.