So what in fates is the most rage inducing for you (gameplay wise)

Locke087

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunge chaining especially when the enemy uses it from range. Like I could understand the mechanic if it only worked on adjacent enemies to some degree but how do you pull me across two tiles and through another dude?

Also that Ninja skill that does 20% HP damage when they initiate an attack. Regardless of whether the attack hits or not. I suppose it's some comfort in knowing that extra damage can't actually kill a unit but still...I really don't understand how I can get poisoned when you didn't even touch me.

And that Half HP stave...it's like Eclipse from the GBA games on steroids.

So far

1- Mages are borderline useless because pretty much every map has at least five enemy mages with silence staves

2- Freeze staves have a ridiculously high chance to hit (80+%)

3- Counter has way too high an activation chance for how powerful it is.

4- Ninja debuffs can stack which is incredibly annoying.

Honestly I haven't even tried using lunge yet. I don't really like how the weapons can't break. I kind of preferred it the way it was in the other games, Conquest and Birthright are just way too easy as a whole. I haven't played hard mode yet so that will be more of a challenge I'm sure.

You're playing normal mode and saying the game is easy, doesn't make a lot of sense considering there are harder difficulties for a reason. That said the game is pretty easy on Lunatic IMO.

I'm only on chapter 8, and I realized, I second seal to Cavalier instead of the class I wanted.

Why is choosing class, one of the most vital things, so hidden in the character creation(I know where it is, but it only shows up at the end when confirm is there).

It's not hidden IMO, it's pretty much blatantly there.

-

What bothers me most is the RNG, 1% chance to crits popping way more often than they probably should, 30% hitting when about 90% misses 3-4 times in a row. The length of debuffs kind of irk me, I like the debuffs, but having your entire team debuffed by numerous ninjas gets tedius IMO. I haven't gotten to the point of Brave Weapons, but they still appear to be broken. Witches skill to warp anywhere they want and still take an action bothers me just for it's future existence. Avatar being weak to Wyrmslayer at all times is pretty annoying IMO just because it's your main character and all. Carrying applying X providing substantial bonuses also bothers me.

On the plus side I rather like the unbreakable weapons, which I didn't think I would, but allowing you to carry multiple weapons for various situations is nice and the negatives to weapons are nice as well at least some of them are nice, some are pointless, some are just annoying and scream never use this weapon, and some are probably a little overcompensating letting certain weapons reign supreme in most situations instead of providing situational advantages to having multiple different types of weapons. IMO Silver should have the caveat of not activating skills not the already weak weapons for instance, so you can trade stable high end weapon damage for not being able to have the chance to activate your skills, Brave weapons should have just went away IMO or at least not have been able to activate skills as a compensation.

At the very least, promoted classes should start at D rank for all equip-able weapon types. Bronze weapons are bad weapons early on but they only get worse as your crit rating rises and you get proc skills.

Speaking of weapon ranks, while I wouldn't classify this as "rage" tier annoyance, I wish your top weapon rank as a promoted class were determined by your starting class instead of the standard class limits (this assumes natural promotions, not class changing by other means). A unpromoted class leveled up to 20 with one weapon type will likely hit B rank or be close to it. So where can you go after you promote to their "alternate promotion" (Mercenary to Bow Knight, Fighter to Hero etc)? Nowhere! You already capped that weapon rank and the only weapon type you can level up is far weaker than your standard weapon. It would be a far better system if you would A rank whatever your starting weapon type was and the standard class limits only applied if you class changed to a separate class tree.

Forge bronze weapons to make something stronger. Bronze weapons are really cheap and you can exchange or get a lot of ores from arena. You can get a +3 which is like +6 mt with 8 bronze weapons. 4K + ores.

My least favourite would probably be enemy dragon vein. The

Birthright chapter with Camilla (the later one, not Ch.13(?))

It took me like 20 turns to realise this was why my units kept losing almost all their hp each turn. I really hated that chapter.

What bothers me most sbout the gameplay is that in late game Birthright you just get swarmed with stong reinforcements every. single. turn. I literally had to solo the last 10 or so chapters with a +spd/-def Trueblade Avatar w/ S-rank Shigure pair up. Dodge tanking gets boring after a while though.

Repeatedly missing with 90% chances to hit, repeatedly getting hit by enemies with <50% chances to hit, and almost no one gaining any HP when leveling up! Seriously, what did they do to the RNG that would make it act almost in reverse (rhetorical question)!?

EDIT: Also; why so many enemy-only weapons?

ANOTHER EDIT: I really disliked he enemy dragon vein in Birthright Chapter 23

Edited by vanguard333

Gameplay stuff I have a problem with? Well, I normally just criticize the story, but here we are:

Lunge is by far one of the more annoying skills in Fates. Nothing wrecks a perfect strategy more than a couple of enemy ninjas dragging my heavy hitters (usually Xander, Peri or Kamui) out of line and then gang up on them. Especially if they are dragging them into some high-level boss's sights.

Along with lunge, giving certain enemies skills that their classes wouldn't normally have is a double edged sword. Yes it does make it so the player does have to actually pay attention to their enemy's units which can enhance tactical gameplay, but it is still jarring to charge an archer only to lose a unit because that archer has counter.

I will agree that weapon xp goes up way to slowly. It makes it very difficult to effectively do any class switching, especially using those early Heart Seals changing to a class that doesn't use the weapons that your character does. Given the problems with bronze/brass weapons indicated in previous posts, this makes it even more difficult to raise these units, making multiple weapon classes like Great Knights, Weapon Masters and the like really difficult to fully utilize without a lot of grinding. And there aren't a lot of options for grinding in Conquest.

I know why there are so many enemy-only weapons. Giving the melee bosses some ultra powerful warrior or brave weapon is pointless if they don't have a ranged attack and, lets face it, many of those (javelins, hand axes, e.c.t) took a major hit in this game. That still won't stop me from getting really annoyed at all the short-bows, nagiyaris and the like running around.

I actually quite enjoyed Nohr Chapter 10. Perhaps I have just gotten really lucky the couple of times I have played it.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

My least favorite thing in Fates has to be the hit rate.

Like, I'm sitting here with 92% and my enemy has a 23%.

I miss. He hits.

I know the chance is there but it's giving me flashbacks to RD when they fixed it so the biorhythm thing actually impacted game play.

The misses... they burn.

The whiffing! oh gods...the high percentage whiffing! *rocks back and forth* Its fe6 all over again, why why why you do dis to meh!

Lunge is a bitch.

The EXP calculation that really discourages lowmanning really boils my beans.

The whiffing! oh gods...the high percentage whiffing! *rocks back and forth* Its fe6 all over again, why why why you do dis to meh!

Lunge is a bitch.

The EXP calculation that really discourages lowmanning really boils my beans.

If you want to lowman, you'll be happy to know Revelations heavily encourages it.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

So far

1- Mages are borderline useless because pretty much every map has at least five enemy mages with silence staves

2- Freeze staves have a ridiculously high chance to hit (80+%)

3- Counter has way too high an activation chance for how powerful it is.

4- Ninja debuffs can stack which is incredibly annoying.

I assume that you don't know that it activates 100% of the time since Awakening. Also that it doesn't activate on the opponent's phase (something that it actually did do in Awakening).

Also, I'll repeat myself in more depth: Nohr Chapter 13 has made me highly sympathetic to those who hate accuracy in strategy games. Seriously, Dual RNs still had the potential to be frustrating, but this is just trollish now.

Lunge is by far one of the more annoying skills in Fates. Nothing wrecks a perfect strategy more than a couple of enemy ninjas dragging my heavy hitters (usually Xander, Peri or Kamui) out of line and then gang up on them. Especially if they are dragging them into some high-level boss's sights.

I know why there are so many enemy-only weapons. Giving the melee bosses some ultra powerful warrior or brave weapon is pointless if they don't have a ranged attack and, lets face it, many of those (javelins, hand axes, e.c.t) took a major hit in this game. That still won't stop me from getting really annoyed at all the short-bows, nagiyaris and the like running around.

Lunge is one of those skills that are far better for the enemy (like the counter skills). There are very few situations where I'd want to trade places with the enemy but it's a nightmare when used against you.

Bosses having strong 1-2 weapons might seem unfair but it's there to balance the boss' lack of movement. Normal ranged weapons are far too weak to be used by a boss.

Evil RNG gods. I don't know if I have to sacrifice a bull or do some sort of dance but everyone besides my avatar has been getting bad rolls on level ups. It does make things more difficualt but I don't like being punished for something that isn't my fault.

Evil RNG gods. I don't know if I have to sacrifice a bull or do some sort of dance but everyone besides my avatar has been getting bad rolls on level ups. It does make things more difficualt but I don't like being punished for something that isn't my fault.

I haven't been experiencing it that badly, though the RNG seems to hate Selena on my end (already threw one dragon herb onto her; if things don't pick up, I'll have to use the other).

The exp algorithm isnt a thing on Revelation? Really?

(on Lunatic) It's more that enemies get massive Str/Def buffs so basically everyone but Corrin/Ryoma/Xander (maybe reclassed Jakob) takes considerable investment to get and stay competent.

Edited by XeKr

I've been seeing a lot of complaints about the RNG in this topic. Has there been some change to how things are calculated?

Nothing's confirmed yet, but many people, myself included, believe this game uses 1 RNG aka true hit to calculate hits/misses.

I just reached Nohr chapter 19. I've already restarted 4 separate times, and I've only been on the level for 13 minutes. Screw this chapter, I hate it.

(on Lunatic) It's more that enemies get massive Str/Def buffs so basically everyone but Corrin/Ryoma/Xander (maybe reclassed Jakob) takes considerable investment to get and stay competent.

I see. I did hear things about units joining at pitiable levels too.

This is a rather hyperbolic statement .Kagero and Takumi are ridiculous. As is Keaton. Kaden's good. Oboro's decent, Hinata's alright. Saizou's busy waiting for Charlotte or Fighter!Beruka but ninjas have dual effective weaponry in Revelation and avoid counters. Hayato is ridiculous, Silas's speed is a real bummer but he's kinda godly otherwise. Camilla and Leo are givens, especially Leo who is significantly better than Xander in the route. Some cross route pairings allow for ridiculousness (Hana/Keaton, Kagero/Arthur).

But yes, stronger enemies and higher concentration of promoted enemies earlier than other routes encourages lowmanning.

The crit rate. Like, restarting multiple times because of a 1% crit (thanks Silas, please stop dying when you have WTA).

I sometimes wonder if the RNG is a weighted RNG, that gets increasingly more bastard as you defy the odds.