So what in fates is the most rage inducing for you (gameplay wise)

Locke087

I'm talking about gameplay here.. Not Story!

I hate Lunge, I hate Lunge so much I can't tell how many times I reset due to Lunge.

Also Freeze but at least freeze is useful to me...

And that so many units have a (sometimes high) crit chance on 1-2 range weapons, I am of the opinion that 1-2 range weapons should not have high crits as the only way around it to one shot them.

Edited by Locke087

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I haven't even tried using lunge yet. I don't really like how the weapons can't break. I kind of preferred it the way it was in the other games, Conquest and Birthright are just way too easy as a whole. I haven't played hard mode yet so that will be more of a challenge I'm sure.

One thing that annoys me is the perfect shield feature, (where the meter fills up and your partner blocks an attack). It has helped me but I hate it when they waste it on an attack that won't hit or an attack that does 0 damage. I wouldn't mind if they were Ninja attacks since debuffs, but I wish it wouldn't block 0 damage attacks.

A lot of Revelations' maps; they're needlessly gimmicky and long, often because of said gimmicks.

Conquest map chapter 19; that's the most hamfisted attempt at increasing the difficulty I've ever seen.

Ninja.

Since I only have the Japanese version, all those bloody high-pitched voices.

Shinonome's broken map (want to recruit him later since you want to pass on certain skills? Well, I hope you've got plenty of very mobile units with teleportation staffs, otherwise he'll die within the first turn).

Other than that, I tend to like the gameplay, the music and what have you; the thing I have a problem with is the story. Still, there's probably some stuff I've forgotten and some maps in Birthright or even Conquest aren't that fun, but no game's perfect.

Most of the map gimmicks surrounding the royals' dragon blood, especially that Conquest chapter with the gusts of wind that are more annoying than anything else. It only gets worse from there on, with Hinoka's chapter on Conquest being even worse because it is almost impossible to shield squishy units/wyverns from 12 mov Kinshi Knights/Golden Kite Warriors, while your own non-flier units have their movs lowered to 2-3 because of the dragon vein. Progressing on that chapter is also tricky because you never know when reinforcements are going to arrive and when Hinoka will activate it again.

Also, the Counter skill and its variants. I usually fall for that trap, and it gets worse when you think the Counter icon means it'll counter only attacks from affar, when it actually counters any magical attacks and you get screwed. This just happened to me, in fact.

Edited by Rapier

Lunge is annoying.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Avatar should be able to marry any Gen1 and not be cut out of a kid. Should be an extra female for male determined games, and vice Versa.

The new weapons are cool, but confusing. Wel at first at least.

All the defensive buffs in My Castle are annoying. I can play better, with better weapons and higher levels. But the enemy still has incredible +Hit, +Crit, +Avo, +Def, extra units, and of course auto heal or auto damage. I have Relevations... Can't imagine how much people hate mine with 3 Puppets 3 Golems and both +Health and +Dmg.

Resources for upgrading is annoying too as I rarely have WiFi and don't like visiting. well, weak wifi.

Lunge, tho I can anticipate it now and actually plan for it, which makes me accept it unlike Awakening counter.

Those God forsaken Sky Knights on Chapter 10 conquest. I've never hated flyers this much before

Chapter 17's boss gives me FE 6 Sacae HM flashbacks, and with this game's FE5-6 esque RNG, he is really getting on my nerves. Haven't actually beaten him yet. :(

I'm loving everything else tho. Fates has already become my new favorite in the series for a reason.

A lot of Revelations' maps; they're needlessly gimmicky and long, often because of said gimmicks.

Conquest map chapter 19; that's the most hamfisted attempt at increasing the difficulty I've ever seen.

The one with the fox people? How so?

Ninja.

Since I only have the Japanese version, all those bloody high-pitched voices.

Shinonome's broken map (want to recruit him later since you want to pass on certain skills? Well, I hope you've got plenty of very mobile units with teleportation staffs, otherwise he'll die within the first turn).

Other than that, I tend to like the gameplay, the music and what have you; the thing I have a problem with is the story. Still, there's probably some stuff I've forgotten and some maps in Birthright or even Conquest aren't that fun, but no game's perfect.

Funny Relevations maps are my favorite since SS... Maybe RD. It's not just open plains and it encourages thinking. Chapter 18 making copies of youself was amazing and probably my favorite map of all time. That the copies and originals shared health was awesome. Could heal the original to heal the copy. Only complaint is copies didn't gain support points. Edited by Nukemind

Chapter 10 in Conquest was quite the rage-inducing thing for me and one of my friends. So many resets until we got the reinforcements movement patterns memorized... I think almost everybody had a chance to die because I simply did not know where to position myself to deal with all of the reinforcements once my chokepoints were gone at first. I also never knew I could hate fliers as much as I did for Chapter 10.

Though, to be fair, it was a suberb chapter in it's right. I have to give it that, but when I finally decided that just doing a suicidal run at Takumi to see if that'd earn a win was actually a viable strategy... I knew I had to put the game down before I threw my 3DS against a wall.

Azama's Hexing Rod was also a gigantic pain in the ass, as well as ninjas with Lunge. Goodness, ninjas with Lunge.

Resources for upgrading is annoying too as I rarely have WiFi and don't like visiting. well, weak wifi.

And last but not least, this. I don't have a constant source of WiFi, so I had some trouble getting My Castle upgraded at the start... Not to mention I was deprived of Support Point grinding, since I don't have anyone to StreetPass... Of course, this was part of the difficulty level when you chose Conquest, so I guess I shouldn't complain about it being rage-inducing.

Chapter 17's boss gives me FE 6 Sacae HM flashbacks, and with this game's FE5-6 esque RNG, he is really getting on my nerves. Haven't actually beaten him yet. :(.

I feel you man... It took me a little bit kill him... make sure you kill his guards, then use Carmilla and Xander to finish him even then you will luck because few ever have a high hit chance on him but least Carmilla and Xander cant die to him... Also Shura can help too though it is entirely possible he might die like mine did.

Edited by Locke087

Funny Relevations maps are my favorite since SS... Maybe RD. It's not just open plains and it encourages thinking. Chapter 18 making copies of youself was amazing and probably my favorite map of all time. That the copies and originals shared health was awesome. Could heal the original to heal the copy. Only complaint is copies didn't gain support points.

I liked that map too. However, a lot of Revelations' maps force you to wait for no other reason than the map design is designed to slow you down; picking up boxes and force your 15 something people to position themselves in very narrow spaces or destroying ice blocks that conceal enemies that can two-hit your brittle units which means you either have to be careful or be lucky, or just wait for slow-moving platforms, or run back and forth navigating a labyrinth with sometimes-changing walls is simply not fun and adds either far too much waiting or external random elements to your strategy.

Those times where I played like a dumbass and forgot that enemies can attack stance too leading to a tank un-guard stanced dying by getting hit too much

Because you know what, it's my own goddamn fault and that's the most frustrating thing, to know that I died because I could just, not played that one bad step

Edited by Thor Odinson

My least favorite thing in Fates has to be the hit rate.

Like, I'm sitting here with 92% and my enemy has a 23%.

I miss. He hits.

I know the chance is there but it's giving me flashbacks to RD when they fixed it so the biorhythm thing actually impacted game play.

The misses... they burn.

Those times where I played like a dumbass and forgot that enemies can attack stance too leading to a tank un-guard stanced dying by getting hit too much

Because you know what, it's my own goddamn fault and that's the most frustrating thing, to know that I died because I could just, not played that one bad step

If it makes you feel better, I had Hinoka attack an outlaw, forgetting that they could use bows. I had a mini heart.