Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th (Potentially leaked. Don't click this if you want to be surprised)

DodgeDusk

ue4Y6ee.png

Europe: 4PM
UK: 3PM
North America (ET): 10AM
North America (PT): 7AM
Japan: 12AM (February 27th)

European Twitch link
North American Twitch link

A Nintendo Direct that lasts 5 minutes. I wonder if short, franchise-based Nintendo Directs are the new format Directs are going to take. Kimishima has mentioned Directs are going to be different starting this year

Edited by DodgeDusk

I was waiting for this. I imagine we won't be getting a Pokémon Z or XZ/YZ this time and they will skip to Generation VII instead, which I think it's a shame. A "Third Version" more like a sequel like Black2/White2 would be really cool and we still know nothing about the new legendaries and the Greninja form.

Edited by Daniel Santos

Well, considering Pokemon Go comes out next month, they'll probably talk for a bit about that. Same with Pokken, I think. Hopefully they'll announce more 3DS stuff, like Pokemon Z or Pokemon Gen 7, but that doesn't seem very likely at this point.

5 minutes, huh?

I imagine that what is in this Pokemon Direct must not be a lot of infomation, but must be important enough for it to be in the direct at all.

For example, for Smash 4, Lucina and Robin were revealed in a short video(I don't think it was a Direct though...) that was 5 or so minutes, so it's possible!

I think it'll have info on 2 or maybe 3 things Pokemon related. If it's something about a main series game, than that will be the main focus, maybe some small info on Pokken Tournament (maybe another reveal), and if possible, something else.

Either way......I'll be at school when it goes live(10AM...darn you school :'( )......gonna have to avoid the internet until I can watch in one of my periods later (if I can)!

I saw this really early at serebii and was kinda disappointed it will only last 5 minutes. I'm expecting something about Pokemon Z and probably some news about Pokken, or Pokemon Go. Don't have my hopes so high, though.

please a real and good pokemon home console game

Just five minutes? Man, that blows. If this is how Directs are going to be from now on, just really short and only about one franchise, I'm going to be upset. Longer Directs about multiple games were just more entertaining and full of more great stuff.

Although, if these short Directs come more often than the normal ones did due to being short and only about one franchise, I guess it's not so bad.

But, five minutes does mean it won't take up my whole break time at work to watch.

Edited by Anacybele

This is relevant. It looks like a trademark listing has popped up for a

Of course, this isn't 100% confirmation, but that is what it is looking like.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Makes me wonder as to the fate of the third Kalos Dex and that I-think-it's-a-Braxian-rn in Malva's possession in Special. The Braxian might go to Faitsu through some out there set of circumstances, but the Dex is puzzling since Faitsu has one. Or maybe Kusaka will make something up.

...At least those are less awkward names than X and Y

I imagine it would be best to spoiler that, since there are people who will want to watch the Direct tomorrow without being spoiled beforehand

Doesn't stop Youtube (and my sub. box) unfortunately......(Dang it GameXplain! Could've changed the thumbnail!

Edit: and possibly the title too! Come on guys, be a bit more anonymous with this kind of stuff, please. >:-( ).

Either way, who knows how this will turn out.

Edited by Busterman64

[spoiler=LET'S FUCKING GO]bDagacY.jpg

Honestly psyched for this.

You know what...screw it...I may have had the possible news spoiled due to Youtube, but......POKEMON HYPE! :3

I am so excited for this. 7th Gen seems to be a bit early though.

I'm surprised actually(I mean...I thought it would be 5 years after X & Y). I just hope there is more challenge in this upcoming game because honestly......X and Y (mainly X for me) was pretty dang easy! Make it kinda difficult like Gen.4!

Also, waiting for my Gen. 4 remake still (guess Nintendo is waiting for the right moment...so that they can make it a great remake)! :3

I am so excited for this. 7th Gen seems to be a bit early though.

Eh, 3 years. Gold and Silver were released in the US two years after Red/Blue came over. Fifth gen released in fall 2010 in Japan, X/Y released Fall 2013. It seems pretty reasonable; plus, it very well may be Black and White all over again (released in NA days before the 3DS came out).

I think it just feels early for gen 7 to come because gen 6 felt short being only X and Y and how we're all used to seeing third versions/sequels.

But there's only one example of sequels, and that's the most recent.

There isn't too much reason to release a 3rd version anymore; glitches and such are patched out, and there's no real reason to re-structure entire parts of the game for a version that's guaranteed fewer sales. It's very likely that the success of the 6th gen has made The Pokemon Company consider focusing on newer projects. X and Y released three years ago, and ORAS released two; they've already got the engine and a lot of the assets, so a two-year dev cycle seems pretty reasonable.