What are your favorite victory poses?

After a good match, you love to watch your character pull a sweet victory pose. You can even choose which victory pose you'll do by holding up, left, or right on the D-Pad (or one of B, X, or Y on Gamecube controller for Melee), but do it before the action freezes in Brawl/Smash 4.

Which ones are your favorite? Doesn't have to be just characters you use. I will draw mostly from Smash 4 for my favorites, but you can draw from any installment, as several poses have varied or outright changed from previous installments. I won't be listing characters for which I have no preference. If you have several favorites and want to use gifs like I did, please wrap them in spoiler tags like such so the page doesn't strain from loading a ton of gif images at once.

If there's a forum rule I've overlooked that limits how many images I can post at one time, please let me know.

Bowser Jr.

120px-BowserJr.Pose1WiiU.gif

Captain Falcon

120px-CaptainFalconPose3WiiU.gif Superheroic. I call it the "Falcon Pledge"

Corrin

120px-MaleCorrinPose1WiiU.gif "That went well."

Dr. Mario

120px-Dr.MarioPose2WiiU.gif120px-Dr.MarioPose1WiiU.gif

Duck Hunt

120px-DuckHuntPose2WiiU.gif

Ganondorf

120px-GanondorfPose1WiiU.gif I like it from this new angle. This will be a trend in this post.

Greninja

120px-GreninjaPose3WiiU.gif

*Special mention goes to his Japanese version, Gekkouga

120px-GreninjaPose1WiiU.gif "Ko ko-ko-ko-ko-ko-ko-ko!"

King Dedede

120px-KingDededePose2WiiU.gif Bring down the banhammer!

Ice Climbers

120px-Climbers-Victory2-SSBM.gif Too cute. :3

Link:

120px-LinkPose3WiiU.gif Classic skyward stab. It is downright epic at this angle. The gleam and everything. Respect.

120px-Link-Victory1-SSBM.gif This on the other hand is imho not as awesome at the new angle.

Lucas

120px-LucasPose3WiiU.gif

Luigi

120px-LuigiPose3WiiU.gif I always liked, in Brawl, timing when I close the victory screen, with Luigi pointing at you as if to say "Rock on, dude!"

Marth

120px-MarthPose3WiiU.gif Much better at this angle.

120px-Marth-Victory1-SSBM.gif Old angle for the awesome sword twirl. Still my most favorite of Marth's.

Mewtwo

120px-MewtwoPose3WiiU.gif That evil laugh...

Mii Brawler (SSBWiki only provided still images for the Mii Fighter victories)

120px-BrawlerPose1WiiU.pngRapid punches.

Mii Gunner

120px-GunnerPose1WiiU.png Shooting frenzy!

Mii Swordfighter

120px-SwordfighterPose3WiiU.png

Pac-Man

120px-Pac-ManPose3WiiU.gif

Robin

120px-MaleRobinPose3WiiU.gif Honestly, who here doesn't love this back-to-back with Chrom? :D

Roy

120px-RoyPose2WiiU.gif A vast improvement over Melee's equivalent, which just looked...awkward to me.

120px-RoyPose1WiiU.gif Badass Young Lion is badass.

Samus

120px-Samus-Victory1-SSBM.gif

Sheik

120px-SheikPose1WiiU.gif

Shulk

120px-ShulkPose3WiiU.gif "I can change the future!"

Sonic

120px-SonicPose3WiiU.gif "Let's do that again sometime!"

Villager

120px-VillagerPose3WiiU.gif Nothin' wrong with liking a simpler pose.

Wario

120px-WarioPose1WiiU.gif

Wii Fit Trainer

120px-MaleWiiFitTrainerPose3WiiU.gif "That was a great workout!"

Wolf

FGtrIDP.png "I will be the one to... take you down!"

Zero Suit Samus

120px-ZeroSuitSamusPose1WiiU.gif

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

A personal favorite of mine ever since melee has been Peach's classic "Ooooh did I win?" line. It's honestly the best taunt in the game and adds the perfect level of insult to injury. If I knew how to actually play Peach, she would be my main off of this line alone.

Ike's "You'll get no sympathy from me." No contest. <3 Even the voice acting is actually good here, it's so badass. Jason Adkins isn't bad in general, but he is kind of hit and miss. I wish he wasn't, but his good Ike lines are part of the reason I love Ike so much. <3

The next Smash game needs to give Ike a victory pose with his "Shouldn't have been in my way" line from Fates. THAT one is just perfect, even with the somewhat quietness it has in the game. Best Ike line in Fates by far.

A personal favorite of mine ever since melee has been Peach's classic "Ooooh did I win?" line. It's honestly the best taunt in the game and adds the perfect level of insult to injury. If I knew how to actually play Peach, she would be my main off of this line alone.

I WIN

Wario's laugh, especially in the 3DS version when it still plays as you mash start in a fit of salt

These two for sure. I also like Robin's when she says "How can you protect Chrom when you can't even protect yourself?". Fucking owned mate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...