So why exactly do people call Conquest Corrin an idiot?(Conquest spoilers)

IceBrand

I'm at chapter 16 by the way. Ever since Corrin joined Nohr they constantly question their action. At points they wished they sided with Hoshido but can't abandoned their family, so they follow Garon's order to try to change from within. As of this chapter Corrin knows Garon is evil and has no good intentions but has to follow orders to protect the rest of the Nohr siblings and change the country within. Corrin doesn't have enough power to fight Garon or his army. They have to conquer Hoshido and make Garon sit on the throne to reveal his true self to the world. I don't really see too much wrong. Does this change later on as to why people call Nohrian Corrin worse than Birthright(Both seem fine to me personally)?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at chapter 16 by the way. Ever since Corrin joined Nohr they constantly question their action. At points they wished they sided with Hoshido but can't abandoned their family, so they follow Garon's order to try to change from within. As of this chapter Corrin knows Garon is evil and has no good intentions but has to follow orders to protect the rest of the Nohr siblings and change the country within. Corrin doesn't have enough power to fight Garon or his army. They have to conquer Hoshido and make Garon sit on the throne to reveal his true self to the world. I don't really see too much wrong. Does this change later on as to why people call Nohrian Corrin worse than Birthright(Both seem fine to me personally)?

Honestly. I have no idea. I like both of them and they feel like similar characters, yet distinct in their own way.

Personally I find Revelation Thalia/Avatar/Corrin to be best

Maybe it's because the Avatar doesn't want to kill whenever possible, yet is sided with the 'bad' nation?

inb4 Thane tears this thread a new arsehole.

Meh. Thane whines about everything! Makes no difference to me. Thane is entitled to their opinion, and me to mine.

Edited by Fallaner

Because Corrin doesn't bother even trying to figure out a way to expose Garon that doesn't involve sacrificing the people of another nation to do so, and seems awfully quick to go through with their plans despite their desires for peace. It's contrived simply to make Corrin still look like a hero even when they're supporting the invasion of Hoshido. But they're hardly the only guilty party here.

Plus, you know, the singer thing, which is just monumentally dumb.

Edited by AzureSen

''We must bring peace to the world! Let's go invade an innocent nation and get lots of people killed!''

Corrin for president.

Corrin;Lets make Nohr great again!

I don't mind a lot of the things that people take issue with in nohr's story but the dancer thing is the one thing I can't stand.

Azura's ''perfect'' disguise thing, Corrin never tries to stop Garon without war and simply goes on a rampage against Hoshido etc.

Edited by Noahfest

Because they are. Nohr Azura is worse though.

Do you do anything BUT hate on the game?

I think you whine more than Thane. ...At least Thane only really goes whining. ...You seem to freaking hate the game. And I don't understand it.

I'm honestly surprised Thane haven't shown up yet.

And I wouldn't say Thane whines, so much as rant, since he does actually lay out his reasons, instead of just saying the story is bad.

I'm honestly surprised Thane haven't shown up yet.

And I wouldn't say Thane whines, so much as rant, since he does actually lay out his reasons, instead of just saying the story is bad.

It's more a joke I started doing, because Thane himself said "whine" in regards to what he does.

The actual whiner is really more this guy:

Because they are. Nohr Azura is worse though.

Seriously. I can at least agree and respect Thane's opinion (he also uses Aigis as an image, which is +20 points). I just joke around by saying he whines all the time.

Edited by Fallaner

I can't really hold the dancer thing against Corrin, since his comments ironically escaped my notice. Now that I know about it, I can handwave it by saying he was in a balcony seat and likely didn't get a good view of her at all.

I don't think Conquest Corrin is dumb at all, he makes mistakes sure, but so does everyone. Conquest Corrin is actually my fourth favorite character in the franchise for being someone I can actually connect to as a main character, like Roy honestly.

Thane is a great poster and always perfectly explains his criticism. And many people agree with him.

Do you do anything BUT hate on the game?

I think you whine more than Thane. ...At least Thane only really goes whining. ...You seem to freaking hate the game. And I don't understand it.

It's more a joke I started doing, because Thane himself said "whine" in regards to what he does.

Seriously. I can at least agree and respect Thane's opinion (he also uses Aigis as an image, which is +20 points). I just joke around by saying he whines all the time.

Calm down. Criticism =/= whining. Conquest's writing is simply bad, it's only normal for people to point it out.

I think Azura's cloths have the same property as SuperMan's glasses.

I can't really hold the dancer thing against Corrin, since his comments ironically escaped my notice. Now that I know about it, I can handwave it by saying he was in a balcony seat and likely didn't get a good view of her at all.

I don't think Conquest Corrin is dumb at all, he makes mistakes sure, but so does everyone. Conquest Corrin is actually my fourth favorite character in the franchise for being someone I can actually connect to as a main character, like Roy honestly.

I can't really hold the dancer thing against the Avatar either (balcony seat, probably fairly far away), but in hindsight it's rather freaking idiotic. However, that's hindsight.

I also don't think Conquest Avatar is that dumb either, and don't get why people dislike him/her.

Thane is a great poster and always perfectly explains his criticism. And many people agree with him.

Calm down. Criticism =/= whining. Conquest's writing is simply bad, it's only normal for people to point it out.

I am calm. Since when was I not calm around here? I argue that Conquest's writing is NOT bad. Good or bad is subjective. I will therefore argue that it's actually fairly good, and people who just say "because" I will call a whiner. They are not criticizing. They are saying "It's bad because it's bad". When you have an argument, I will argue against that argument.

If you didn't notice, the self-described Whiner (Thane) I only call a Whiner as a joke because he referred to what he did as that himself. I don't think he actually whines, and can actually respect his opinion for why he thinks things are bad. Did you miss what I said in that second post?

I am calm. Since when was I not calm around here? I argue that Conquest's writing is NOT bad. Good or bad is subjective. I will therefore argue that it's actually fairly good, and people who just say "because" I will call a whiner. They are not criticizing. They are saying "It's bad because it's bad". When you have an argument, I will argue against that argument.

If you didn't notice, the self-described Whiner (Thane) I only call a Whiner as a joke because he referred to what he did as that himself. I don't think he actually whines, and can actually respect his opinion for why he thinks things are bad. Did you miss what I said in that second post?

There are currently lots of threads going on where Conquest's bad story is being discussed, if you want to argue. It's been done to death.

And i was referring to you calling Pretty_Handsome a whiner.

Edited by BruceLee

There are currently lots of threads going on where Conquest's bad story is being discussed, if you want to argue. It's been done to death.

And i was referring to you calling Pretty_Handsome a whiner.

He is whining. He's not giving any argument from what I've seen.

'It's bad because it's bad' and tends to ignore anything to the contrary from my experience with the guy.

Someone get this guy a Nobel Prize for humor.

Aw shucks, BruceLee! You sure do know how to make someone feel appreciated!

Sadly, I've had eight hours of class today, which is quite a lot when the classes are given in your third language, so I'm beat and probably won't bring my usual vigor, but let's see here, Nohr chapter 16...

By that point, Corrin has already:

Confused Azura with all the other singers with bright teal hair that reach their legs (we've already covered that one).

Asked Camilla why Garon is a stupidpants after Hans starts murdering people en masse.

Told a Hoshidan general that they can't trade peace for one person's death which is straight up falls since that is literally the plot of Birthright, and it makes Conquest Corrin come across as the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen in gaming.

Technically gambled with Elise's life when fighting Ryouma - that might be an unpopular opinion or me misunderstanding something, so I'll just qualify that as half an argument.

And of course, the big one: immediately accepted Azura's nonsensical plan which involves the invasion of a peaceful nation - so much for not trading lives for peace.

You're about halfway through, and it'll just get stupider from here, and Corrin's hypocrisy, powerlessness and idiocy will just get more and more apparent..

Edited by Thane

Because Corrin doesn't bother even trying to figure out a way to expose Garon that doesn't involve sacrificing the people of another nation to do so, and seems awfully quick to go through with their plans despite their desires for peace. It's contrived simply to make Corrin still look like a hero even when they're supporting the invasion of Hoshido. But they're hardly the only guilty party here.

Plus, you know, the singer thing, which is just monumentally dumb.

Well part of that is Azura's fault. She should of presented it when ALL the Royals were present, as opposed to just Corrin, or at the very least both Corrin and Gunter (which would of made him more prevalent to the plot) which I am pretty sure Xander would listen to if he said your father is f'ed up.

EDIT: While I personally believe Nohr!Corrin gets too much hate, he does get pretty dumb sometimes, and its more IS's horrible job of trying to give him flaws more than anything.

Edited by Tolvir

Someone get this guy a Nobel Prize for humor.

...It feels like you're trying to insult me. Which I have no idea why you'd do that.

...It feels like you're trying to insult me. Which I have no idea why you'd do that.

Why would I insult you? I really don't see what could possibly be funny with the way you approach my posts, especially when ignoring arguments in a thread for discussions, but that'd be no reason to belittle someone. I apologize if that's how I came across.

is it safer to say that azula is the worst marth clone in the history of fire emblem?

just wondering.

Azula is awesome; I love her in the second season, and that final Agni Kai is just visually stunning.