Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 39 is up! Sakura being Azura'd and some more Nohr vs Hoshido culture clash. xD

I enjoyed today's from a translation perspective. I hope you do too. xD Those curious can see the notes I made on the blog post.

You're very welcome! Thank you for reading : )

I should share this around in regards for Page 38 and include it in the final zip/rar when it's complete. xD

Comic to the left: Well, Arthur does have a very good point there, Keaton. Names that sound the same or only have a few letters being different can be very confusing at times if you're in a rush.

Comic to the right: Azura goes off again telling scary stories to someone in the army who has a really big fear of them. Poor Sakura, she got trolled again by Azura once more and lost to her when the latter wasn't even trying to fight.

The one with Azura and Sakura was so cute. Poor Sakura, you really shouldn't listen to Azura's ghost stories...

The one with the names just slayed me. I'm dead. I'm so dead. That is something I can totally imagine the people in-game having trouble with and that artist milked it for what it was worth.

Poor Sakura. You'd think Azura would tie up her hair when she went to bed or something to prevent this.

Hey, she doesn't have any issues with tangled hair. She didn't ask people to treat her Repunzlian hair like a blanket.

...Anyone else pair up Hinata and Hinoka, making the "Hi-" family?

I wouldn't be surprised if many of us had that same reaction. It also helps that their support together doesn't suck. Although the resulting Hisame and Kisaragi's support conversation becomes weird (well, if they didn't change it in localization, that is).

I wouldn't be surprised if many of us had that same reaction. It also helps that their support together doesn't suck. Although the resulting Hisame and Kisaragi's support conversation becomes weird (well, if they didn't change it in localization, that is).

Unfortunately, they didn't. Still a big focus on the lord-vassal relationship. Which is nice, it's just...awkward for them to talk about differences in social standing when they're both princes.

Edited by Abvora

Unfortunately, they didn't. Still a big focus on the lord-vassal relationship. Which is nice, it's just...awkward for them to talk about differences in social standing when they're both princes.

Ah, that's a shame. Their support actually is a nice one … it just doesn't make sense when Hisame and Kisaragi are cousins. Why didn't IS pay closer attention to this kind of stuff again?

Ah, that's a shame. Their support actually is a nice one … it just doesn't make sense when Hisame and Kisaragi are cousins. Why didn't IS pay closer attention to this kind of stuff again?

Too busy tweaking the visuals of the face-rubbing mechanic to pay for better story writers and editors.

Same reason they didn't pay closer attention to the contradicting epilogues: face-rubbing. Gotta get that face-rubbing in.

...Anyone else pair up Hinata and Hinoka, making the "Hi-" family?

I did, but mainly because I think Hinoka's hair color looks the best on Hisame out of all her potential children. The bright red color works great for her, but not so much for the other kids (except for Caeldori, but I personally Sakura's hair color on her). Fortunately, Hisame can pull it off. Also, I loved their supports. You could just feel the mutual respect and kinship they felt, and it really got to me.

Edited by KoolioKenneth

Too busy tweaking the visuals of the face-rubbing mechanic to pay for better story writers and editors.

Intelligent Systems is never going to live this down, are they? I can't help but wonder if they'll remove the feature in the next game or just make it even more lewd just to flip everyone off.

Intelligent Systems is never going to live this down, are they? I can't help but wonder if they'll remove the feature in the next game or just make it even more lewd just to flip everyone off.

Considering all NOJ vids showing it off were taken down/made private after NOA started breaking the news, alongside the internal debate over it and the fact that what was in the Japanese version was a compromise forced by Nintendo, I think it's safe to say that it won't be back.

In general, I'm intrigued at where they can go: Fates really pushed the envelope with fanservice, Nintendo's fully aware of the Soleil controversy, and then there's the skinship issue. I've got this feeling that, at the very least, some stern words have been exchanged between Nintendo and IS.

Considering all NOJ vids showing it off were taken down/made private after NOA started breaking the news, alongside the internal debate over it and the fact that what was in the Japanese version was a compromise forced by Nintendo, I think it's safe to say that it won't be back.

In general, I'm intrigued at where they can go: Fates really pushed the envelope with fanservice, Nintendo's fully aware of the Soleil controversy, and then there's the skinship issue. I've got this feeling that, at the very least, some stern words have been exchanged between Nintendo and IS.

J personally wouldn't mind if the My Castle feature returned, in some form in the next one. If the skinship stuff does get shelved, and especially if IS tones down the fanservice (ignoring the scramble instances, they're fun and harmless enough), maybe they'll think of some fun little minigames or alternate activities that can be used to further flesh out characters. I seriously want a chess-equivalent minigame. It'd break the monotony of gameplay and could make for some great table-flipping moments. xD

J personally wouldn't mind if the My Castle feature returned, in some form in the next one. If the skinship stuff does get shelved, and especially if IS tones down the fanservice (ignoring the scramble instances, they're fun and harmless enough), maybe they'll think of some fun little minigames or alternate activities that can be used to further flesh out characters. I seriously want a chess-equivalent minigame. It'd break the monotony of gameplay and could make for some great table-flipping moments. xD

I thought MyCastle was a good idea with a poor execution. Lords usually were given castles as a base of operations, and was a good place for supports to be carried out since everyone's relaxing behind safe walls. If they'd integrated it into the story (maybe having people visit you there in the plot, or maybe even having a level where it gets attack [though that might be tricky]), I would have liked it more.

As for skinship: I like what we got in the NoA version, calling people up to your room to just talk with them was nice and cute. The actual touching can be scrapped permanently.

Edited by Abvora

I had no idea, that does sound like a point in favor of it not coming back. I'm still wondering how they'll respond to these controversies though; what if they decide that characters with different sexual preferences will be too risky to write, for instance? I also want to know what the general consensus in the Japanese fandom is about all the fan service, since I think Intelligent Systems still cares more about its domestic market, and their opinions will most likely shape the future installments the most.

Also, all jokes aside, and trying to put this in the least whiny way possible, I still can't believe that they thought skinshipping was a good idea, let alone that it made it into the final product.

Also, all jokes aside, and trying to put this in the least whiny way possible, I still can't believe that they thought skinshipping was a good idea, let alone that it made it into the final product.

Cough Cough Team B Cough. Oh lord my allergies.

If I remember right, there was some interview with Fates about the whole skinship thing.

Originally, I think it started off as a simple request to make confessions feel more "alive" instead of a static CG. So, they made the models, but then someone said it was a waste if they were only used for confessions, so they wanted to use the models elsewhere.

Then skinshipping was born, and originally it was far more "interactive" than is is now (the icon was a hand instead of a stylus, one can touch anywhere on the model instead of the face, etc). Team "A" was uncomfortable with this direction while Team "B" was all for the skinshipping stuff. While, Team "B" won out in the end, I think Nintendo of Japan did say to tone it down a bit.

Of course, when it was localized, it removed the whole touching thing (which I am actually relieved for. Using the stylus to wake them up is a little weird, but blowing air into the mic, especially if its a person of the same sex, feels really off to me.)

As for me, I enjoy the high detailed models (it's like they are in a cutscene!), but I could live without the entire skinship thing. Give me more practical character development instead of fanservice, please.