Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who may know some Japanese or are learning (December Knight's post reminded me), I have been practicing making things flow better in English so the translation may not be 1 to 1 (which was more of the case before which I heard was a big help to learners). But if you have any questions on why something was translated as it was, then please feel free to ask via PM. I'm basically practicing a more professional translation style! The same meaning, but conveyed in a way that doesn't sound too awkward. Any major liberties that may be taken will be noted with their reasoning!

(There won't be any censorship, I promise xD)

Aww~ these comics are so cute. ^^

Thank you for sharing and translating this, Kirokan.

I have a copy of this (my mother got it for my birthday) and since my japanese is not very good (I make Google Translate look like XSeed), I can't really read it... So it's nice to know what the characters are saying.

It is a nice thing to have and doesn't cost much. xD Glad it can help in some way December Knight : ) (Too bad the localization thread hasn't had many other posts in it, guess people aren't as interested in changes or people online making an uproar made it sink...) but glad there's interest in these fun comics. xD

Or how she eats the milk. Not drinks it, straight-up eats it, chewing through the bottle and all.

Well why not? Glass is a good source of fibers after all!

giphy.gif

Get it? Because dietary fibers? And there's a material called fiberglass?

I'll go now...

Your reward for this awesomeness is a glass of milk that you must now eat. xD

Thank you for translating these! As always, good work Kirokan!

I laughed at the Lilith one.

The Rinkah hair one, I actually thought the red was part of her hair at first too! I thought it was so cool how she had a two tone hair color. I only found out it was just part of the mask overhalfway through Birthright. Poor Shura...

Thanks for the awesome job as always, Kirokan!

Page 5 is pure awesomeness! Even if I didn't get the jab at gameplay with Lilith.

I now must have Corrin wear Oni mask all the time. Shura's hair accessory when?

Page 6 is up everyone!

Well, put yourselves in Lilith's place.
You would you eat raw wheat?

After raw meat and everything... maybe! xD

Thank you for translating these! As always, good work Kirokan!

I laughed at the Lilith one.

The Rinkah hair one, I actually thought the red was part of her hair at first too! I thought it was so cool how she had a two tone hair color. I only found out it was just part of the mask overhalfway through Birthright. Poor Shura...

Me too! I think the hot springs are what reveal her real hair. xD

Do we have more Tuna Dragon Lilith comic panels in the book?

Will see! I'm going in order but there's bound to be some. xD

After the seriousness (or dullness) of the actual game, you managed to make a very light-hearted and comical manga that gets just about anyone who sees it to smile and laugh. I applaud you Kirokan, those pages and everything are so wonderful, don't stop making them since everyone loves them~

Lilith eating was just cute. Leo and Felicia's interactions are just hilarious given their history. Sakura's 'patching' of the target dummies as well as her response after hitting them is just adorable, Takumi's response to seeing Sakura's patching is just one of the many icings on the cake. Corrin's interactions with the others is just lovely.

Page 7 is now up!

After the seriousness (or dullness) of the actual game, you managed to make a very light-hearted and comical manga that gets just about anyone who sees it to smile and laugh. I applaud you Kirokan, those pages and everything are so wonderful, don't stop making them since everyone loves them~

Lilith eating was just cute. Leo and Felicia's interactions are just hilarious given their history. Sakura's 'patching' of the target dummies as well as her response after hitting them is just adorable, Takumi's response to seeing Sakura's patching is just one of the many icings on the cake. Corrin's interactions with the others is just lovely.

That means a lot to me to hear. I'm glad I can bring this silliness to you all. xD

Saizo uses poison in a training session? O.O

Though I majorly lol'd at him turning Setsuna and Hinoka's cooking into the poison and Beruka's bafflement at it.

I found this pretty funny too with all those contexts in mind. xD I couldn't tell if they were training at first or actually fighting.

Page 7 is now up!

That means a lot to me to hear. I'm glad I can bring this silliness to you all. xD

I found this pretty funny too with all those contexts in mind. xD I couldn't tell if they were training at first or actually fighting.

It's very warming and funny because right now on forums there are threads that make the game seem much darker and gloomier than what it should be. Here you are trying to get people to lighten up and have fun. That's what I find you very kind and considerate, you're willing to make a manga based off of the game to bring everything back to the semi-serious yet silly state that the series was known for. Again, don't stop making the manga, you have people voting for you to continue.

Ok, I know that before things were funny...but Shigure's silent response to Kiragi's hunting method is hilarious. Also, that makes sense from Scarlet's perspective, somehow...

Edited by Emblem Blade

Corrin looks and sounds so disappointed in his comic with Scarlet. Adorably dorky lord is adorably dorky.

Kiragi, though. Kiragi would totally endorse using Shigure as singing bait.

Corrin looks and sounds so disappointed in his comic with Scarlet. Adorably dorky lord is adorably dorky.

Kiragi looks perfectly fine but Shigure's silent response just sells the point.

It's very warming and funny because right now on forums there are threads that make the game seem much darker and gloomier than what it should be. Here you are trying to get people to lighten up and have fun. That's what I find you very kind and considerate, you're willing to make a manga based off of the game to bring everything back to the semi-serious yet silly state that the series was known for. Again, don't stop making the manga, you have people voting for you to continue.

Ok, I know that before things were funny...but Shigure's silent response to Kiragi's hunting method is hilarious. Also, that makes sense from Scarlet's perspective, somehow...

Ah, just to be totally clear, I only translate the manga, not make it itself. xD That would be amazing if I had that drawing skill. : ) I am glad you are enjoying it however! The artists lighten up the game for sure, though the game itself isn't too

He really, really would. xD

dark anyway!

Ah, just to be totally clear, I only translate the manga, not make it itself. xD That would be amazing if I had that drawing skill. : ) I am glad you are enjoying it however! The artists lighten up the game for sure, though the game itself isn't too

He really, really would. xD

dark anyway!

Ah, well, your translations are more than I can describe as perfect. I'm pretty sure if you slowly took your time you could be a very good illustrator. I should have said this earlier, but your profile picture of Lilina is very colorful and vibrant, a wonderful match to your personality as you are both kind and peaceful.

Page 8 is now up! Features silliness with Hayato and Hinoka. xD

Ah, well, your translations are more than I can describe as perfect. I'm pretty sure if you slowly took your time you could be a very good illustrator. I should have said this earlier, but your profile picture of Lilina is very colorful and vibrant, a wonderful match to your personality as you are both kind and peaceful.

Thanks, you're too kind : ) Though being too kind isn't a bad thing.

I am glad you find it fitting though, it's why I like her so much. xD Not many people know her or played her game, so nice hearing about anyone who knows her. : )

Edited by Kirokan