Fire Emblem Fates Character Spotlight ~ Week 02- Odin

HappyHawlucha

Ayy, we made it, Week 2! Thanks to the poll I made earlier on, we now have a unit for this week, and is one that I was looking forward to covering, thank god we're doing him early too. Anyway, we have a unit who suffers from frequent muscle spasms in his right hand, known as his Sword..err...Tome Hand, and is one of the most likeable and hilarious units in the two games he is featured in, wait... oops, I meant one game, wait I wonder what mysterious aura overtook me there. Anyway, we have John Cena himself! Oh wait, it's Odin!

Odin is one of the two retainers of Prince Leo of Nohr, alongside the slightly sadistic and kinky Niles, and it's hard to tell which one of the two is the least insane. Anyway, Owai-din is a Dark Mage, the first one you get in Nohr in fact, as long as you don't reclass Corrin with a Dark Mage talent the minute you can afford a Heart Seal. Odin has a somewhat over-eccentric personality, having an interest in naming his weapons and charms he casts, and even proclaims himself as Odin Dark. Anyway, let's break down Odin as a unit.

Class Sets:

----------------

Base Class Sets: Dark Mage, Samurai

Marriage Class Sets: *Female Avatar's Talent*(Corrin), Troubadour(Felicia), Troubadour(Elise), Knight(Effie), Archer(Mozu), Sky Knight(Azura), Outlaw(Nyx), Wyvern Rider(Camilla/Beruka), Mercenary(Selena), Cavalier(Peri), Fighter(Charlotte), Diviner(Orochi)-Revelation Only, Ninja(Kagero)-Revelation Only

Buddy Class Sets: Outlaw(Niles), Mercenary(Laslow), Troubadour(Leo), *Nothing*(Hinata)-Revelation Only

Personal Skill: Aching Blood- When equipped with a forged weapon whose name is at least 12 characters, Critical rate +10

Base Growth Rates:

--------------

HP: 55%

Str: 35%

Mag: 30%

Skill: 55%

Speed: 35%

Luck: 60%

Def: 40%

Res: 20%

Max Cap Modifiers:

--------------

Str: /

Mag: +1

Skill: +1

Speed: -1

Luck: +1

Def: /

Res: -1

I don't really know how good Odin is compared to Nyx or Ophelia, since I'm European, but looking at his stats, he looks to be a bit more defensive than Nyx at least, but he doesn't seem to hit as hard. If I have two early game units of the same class, I usually like to promote them into opposite classes, eg. in Awakening, I promoted Sully to Paladin and Stahl to Great Knight, I'm guessing that based on his stats, Odin would fit more as a Dark Knight than Nyx and vice versa with Sorcerer, what are your opinions. Also, is there any better classes that he could become which would take advantage of his stats?

Edited by HappyHawlucha

HoshidoSucks is exactly 12 characters n_n

Also confirming odin for broke tier.

Edit: Odin's middling magic+high def for a mage lets him hit either2 hit KO or orko benchmarks with a very accurate nos early game (skill matters for tomes) which makes him close to perfect as a nostank with vantage. (you want to be as close to orko/2rkoas possible to nos in fates) and inherent LoD gives him higher damage output than either nyx or Leo lategame if you pass nostank duty off to his kid.

He's best in-game as a pure sorc with light dips into his reclass options for vantage/LoD and breakers but if you're into shitpost builds... as a samurai he's legitimately better than a lot of the real sword users the game gives you thanksto his wonky bases, read: all of them. Dark knight is just a terrible class outside of seal magic, even leo wants out of it ASAP.

He gets a lot of flack for his low dark mage bases (his SM bases are actually ridiculous, too bad sorc is just a way better class) but all in all he's probably the best "growth unit" in conquest.

Edit again: Comparing any other mage to Ophelia is going to make that mage look like utter ass. Lets not bring the dark goddess of fates into this (Nyx is secretly a shining bow adventurer)

Edited by joshcja

my weapon is a forged mhiolnr (which explains my name)

Odin is a surprisingly good dark knight, nyx is a better sorcerer and ophlia depends on mother

Edited by Dark Blood Bloodlust Peri

HoshidoSucks is exactly 12 characters n_n

Also confirming odin for broke tier.

Edit: Odin's middling magic+high def for a mage lets him hit either2 hit KO or orko benchmarks with a very accurate nos early game (skill matters for tomes) which makes him close to perfect as a nostank with vantage. (you want to be as close to orko/2rkoas possible to nos in fates) and inherent LoD gives him higher damage output than either nyx or Leo lategame if you pass nostank duty off to his kid.

He's best in-game as a pure sorc with light dips into his reclass options for vantage/LoD and breakers but if you're into shitpost builds... as a samurai he's legitimately better than a lot of the real sword users the game gives you thanksto his wonky bases, read: all of them. Dark knight is just a terrible class outside of seal magic, even leo wants out of it ASAP.

He gets a lot of flack for his low dark mage bases (his SM bases are actually ridiculous, too bad sorc is just a way better class) but all in all he's probably the best "growth unit" in conquest.

Edit again: Comparing any other mage to Ophelia is going to make that mage look like utter ass. Lets not bring the dark goddess of fates into this (Nyx is secretly a shining bow adventurer)

I doubted this guy at first but he is absolutely right. With a level or two in Ch.8, some Tonics, and Nos he can tank just as well as Effie and Dragon Corn. He might miss out on OHKOs that Corn can nab, but 1-2 range and recovery that doesn't eat up a player phase is sexy. I went Samurai 11-12 for the skills and they make him even better and can get him a point or two of much-needed Spd.

Also Elise!Ophelia is simple: Point her at something that can't kill her and kill it. Her Mag, Crit, and Spd are nuts but her Def sucks. Her Res is okay, though.

Heh. All I know about Odin is the fact that he's a joke in Revelations. To put it into perspective, Odin gets OHKOd in his join chapter on NM. On Lunatic the Paladins OHKOs him at 100% accuracy and doubles him (that has to be the biggest insult, btw) while Odin does 1 damage. Well, that, and that he really needs to bring his sword hand out of retirement (how ironic - he was so much better as a mage in Awakening, and now that he IS one, he sucks), or get in a DLC class, to get **** done.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I doubted this guy at first but he is absolutely right. With a level or two in Ch.8, some Tonics, and Nos he can tank just as well as Effie and Dragon Corn. He might miss out on OHKOs that Corn can nab, but 1-2 range and recovery that doesn't eat up a player phase is sexy. I went Samurai 11-12 for the skills and they make him even better and can get him a point or two of much-needed Spd.

Also Elise!Ophelia is simple: Point her at something that can't kill her and kill it. Her Mag, Crit, and Spd are nuts but her Def sucks. Her Res is okay, though.

+Mag!Diviner!Corin!Ophelia has the def/hp to chew wyrmslayers to the face with the same speed + more magic and crit and Odin!Kana is nuts, it's like the quadforce of conquest. Rally magic totally covers any missed mag on odin as well.

Edit: For in game play Nxy is the second best mom for ophy imo, inherent move+1 isn't inherent nobility and her bases are nowhere near as good as mag/corin/elsie but inherent shuikenbreaker and pass are still enough to make ophelia into a solothegame bot. Elise isn't terrible with lunge+trample passdown and solid bases though. Imo Felecia comes in a very distant 4th but she can pass down immediate shurikenbreaker+strong riposte of a 1 exp reclass and "ok" def.

Edited by joshcja