A thread for Gimmick builds/combos

Jakkun

I was originally gonna post this in the Ballistician thread, but I figured that I may as well make a thread for this kinda thing because other people may have some really neat combinations that I'd love to hear.

I just found a really niche thing you can do with the Tanks, because of its ability to inflict friendly fire.

[spoiler=Scarlet Build]All you have to do is get a unit that relies on Vantage, they won't even need Miracle. I'll use Scarlet as an example, but there are others, like Midori for example.

Scarlet (Wyvern Lord) with a Forged Peri's Lance

In Extremis (Personal)
Awakening
Vantage

Luna

2 Other skills (Rend Heaven/Quixotic/Warp/Replicate/Galeforce, etc...hell even Lucky 7 is usable here)

Here's the gameplan

1. Set up your Tank to hit an enemy while Scarlet's within range of the Cannon Command.

2. Scarlet's weak to Bows, so she'll get hit with that extra damage, and unless your Tank is really weak, she'll drop to 1 HP.

3. With In Extremis and Awakening active, you get a free +60% Crit, and with Vantage, feel free to go to town!

Luna's a Failsafe on things like Generals, which is why I have Quixotic in the list of preference skills, if you're confident in Scarlet's ability to just destroy things before they can strike back. Plus you have a Ballistician (or 2, if you have Replicate) to back you up with extra chip damage, while Scarlet not minding if she gets caught in the crossfire.

This build does have weaknesses though, of course. Namely Breakers/Quixotic/Certain Blow, as well as Generals if Luna doesn't proc. But its a pretty fun setup that I came up with while derping around in Revelations (shame I cant really build Scarlet there), and I figured someone may find it interesting.

So, what do you think of this setup? Do you have your own builds/combinations that may not be optimal, but are fun to pull off? That's what this here thread is for.

Edited by Jakkun

[spoiler=Item farming build]

Anna or Midori (preferably in a class with high Luck cap; ideally Basara, Falcon Knight, or Great Lord if possible)

Personal: Anna has Make a Killing; Midori has Lucky Charm

Profiteer

Salvage Blow

Witch's Brew

Galeforce

(filler; Midori can legally run Hoshidan Unity)

Galeforce is in the set mainly to give Anna another chance to proc her PS and for both Anna and Midori to proc Salvage Blow.

[spoiler=Bombs away!]

Any unit with high Strength and Skill preferred for the Ballistician class (ie. Charlotte!Dwyer!(+STR/-DEF)Kana)

Replicate

Warp

Any 3 of the following (Survey, Opportunity Shot, Rifled Barrel, Bowfaire, Elbow Room if Bowfaire is already equipped, Strength +2 if Bowfaire is already equipped, Weaponbreaker)

Edited by Roflolxp54

No Death Blow on that Scarlet build? :P:

Anyway, I see far too many physical Midoris, which makes no sense, given that her dad's mods scream magical. . .so I made my own magical nuke.

Midori (Nyx), Sorcerer

Profiteer

Spendthrift

Life or Death

Tomefaire

Replicate

What you'll want to do is to Replicate on turn 1, then have her clone wait on every turn. You'll double your chances of getting Gold Bars, which give Midori a giant boost to magical damage. Tomefaire can be replaced by Luna, but I like having one giant source of damage. Snake Spirit is ideal, since it'll give her a Speed boost, and I don't think anyone's going to survive four direct hits of a 69 MT magical attack (before statues, pair-ups, and tonics).

I suppose this Midori could also go Witch, if she wants more speed.

No Death Blow on that Scarlet build? :P:

Anyway, I see far too many physical Midoris, which makes no sense, given that her dad's mods scream magical. . .so I made my own magical nuke.

Midori (Nyx), Sorcerer

Profiteer

Spendthrift

Life or Death

Tomefaire

Replicate

What you'll want to do is to Replicate on turn 1, then have her clone wait on every turn. You'll double your chances of getting Gold Bars, which give Midori a giant boost to magical damage. Tomefaire can be replaced by Luna, but I like having one giant source of damage. Snake Spirit is ideal, since it'll give her a Speed boost, and I don't think anyone's going to survive four direct hits of a 69 MT magical attack (before statues, pair-ups, and tonics).

I suppose this Midori could also go Witch, if she wants more speed.

Ah, I forgot Deathblow, though to be fair this Scarlet attracts things like a magnet for Enemy Phase so I'm built this around her being attacked.

Deathblow could take precedence over Gamble, for better Galeforce abuse.

Also something I should've mentioned; if you have a Male Corrin with Samurai as their talent, you can make her a set of Awakening, Vantage, Galeforce, Warp, and Luna/Lucky 7 without having to buy anything! I always run Oni Savage on mine so I pass her Deathblow, which is indeed good.

or IS could've been cool and had Ryouma x Scarlet but I digress

as for the Midori Build, that does indeed seem pretty fun. I always wanted to play around with Spendthrift but I end up having my item slots filled.

In this situation though Id say that Sorc is better than Witch since those passive damage boosts can apply to Nosferatu to remedy her bad bulk.

[spoiler=Item farming build]

Anna or Midori (preferably in a class with high Luck cap; ideally Basara, Falcon Knight, or Great Lord if possible)

Personal: Anna has Make a Killing; Midori has Lucky Charm

Profiteer

Salvage Blow

Witch's Brew

Galeforce

(filler; Midori can legally run Hoshidan Unity)

Galeforce is in the set mainly to give Anna another chance to proc her PS and for both Anna and Midori to proc Salvage Blow.

[spoiler=Bombs away!]

Any unit with high Strength and Skill preferred for the Ballistician class (ie. Charlotte!Dwyer!(+STR/-DEF)Kana)

Replicate

Warp

Any 3 of the following (Survey, Opportunity Shot, Rifled Barrel, Bowfaire, Elbow Room if Bowfaire is already equipped, Strength +2 if Bowfaire is already equipped, Weaponbreaker)

I'm gonna need to build my tanks this way to reinforce Scarlet, I speaking of that, I think Kagerou!Asugi or Kagerou!Kiragi may be one of the best users of that class.

Edited by Jakkun

Here are some builds I came up with. These may be reposts from elsewhere, but here they are again for your viewing pleasure.

Mycen, Paladin (+SKL, - MAG) || Luna, Sol, Pavise, Aegis, Hoshido || Classic Proc build, nothing special here.

???, Bow Knight (+LCK, -HP) || Sol... Strength, Speed, Defense, Resistance Seals || A Seal Build. Sol is put in for survivability, but can be swapped out for Magic Seal. (Honestly though, it may be better just running a dedicated shuriken user [or just use Draconic Hex] than try out a seal build, but I digress.)

Elysia, Sniper (+STR, -LCK) || Astra, Bowfaire, Point Blank, Vantage, Awakening || The Vantage & Awakening combo, put on a Point Blank Sniper. Astra and Bowfaire are for DPS. Note that this build can also be used on Sniper Mozu or Setsuna.

F!Berserker (+STR, - DEF) || Axfaire, Vantage, Death Blow, Gamble, Awakening || An attempt to maximize as much Critical as possible.

M!Berserker (+STR, -RES) || Aggressor, Quick Draw, Line of Death, Axefaire, Galeforce || An attempt to maximize as much Damage as possible.

Corrin, Nohr Noble (+STR, - RES) || Dragon Fang, Draconic Hex, Draconic Ward, Hoshidian Unity, Nohrian Trust || The "Canon Corrin" build.

Pair-up Builds

Kana, Nohr Noble (Azura) || Aether, Swordfaire, Draconic Hex, Hoshidian Unity, Nohrian Trust

Corrin, Nohr Noble (+STR, - RES) || Dragon Fang, Astra, Luna, Sol, Replicate

AN: A Nohrian Trust build. The main feature of this variant is Replicate on Corrin so all of his procs are not "wasted" on just being pairup fodder. Kana has Draconic Hex to debuff enemies that survive, and she has a variety of offensive procs to choose from that is buffed from Hoshidian Unity.

Marcus, Dark Knight (+MAG, - LCK) || Dragon Fang, Speed Drain, Tomefaire, Nohrian Trust, Bold Stance

Ophelia, Sorceress (Selena) || Aether, Astra, Sol, Tomefaire, Replicate

AN: Another Nohrian Trust build focusing more on magical DPS, Marcus has Speed Drain to offset the lower speed of the Dark Knight class. Like before, the pairup unit (Ophelia) has Replicate so she can also cause carnage herself while also lending her skills to the main unit, and Bold Stance (currently unobtainable, unsure if will actually be released), is used for extra DPS.

Odin, Swordmaster || Aether, Astra, Sol, Swordfaire, Bold Stance

Selena, Hero || Swordfaire, Aggressor, Quick Draw, Life or Death, Awakening

AN: A Bold Stance build that attempts to take full advantage of Selena's personal skill, as Odin has better crit chances due to his personal skill. Odin has a general proc build, using Aether and Sol for survivability, while Selena racks in the DPS with all of her raw damage increasing skills, as well as Awakening thrown in for kicks. Should Odin crit, Selena crits as well, which should result in massive damage.

Other Builds

Takumi, Sniper || Aggressor, Bowfaire, Quick Draw, Life or Death, Galeforce || Fear Takumi, for his wrath knows no bounds. This build takes advantage of Takumi's natural mobility due to his personal weapon, and goes crazy with damage boosts so that Takumi can take out targets with ease.

Kagero, Master Ninja || Lethality, Astra, Kunaifaire, Vantage, Awakening || An Vantage + Awakening combo on a unit that can reliably attack from 1-2 range. This build is meant to be used during the enemy phase as enemies come to attack Kagero, who attempts to dodge tank. Those who survive her attacks are debuffed. Kagero's personal sklll also comes in handy when fighting shuriken users due to the EP nature of this set. For my purposes, Kagero will be paired with Saizo for defense, but she can be paired up with whoever you like.

I had a weird idea:

Sponge Azama (General class): No weapons, only potions.

Divine retribution, Miracle, Counter magic, Counter, Renewal and Wary Fighter.

I'll let you guess what is the main strategy with this class.

@Sire: My Nohrian Trust build is kinda similar, I have 2, depending on if im playing "For Fun", or "For Glory", lol.

[spoiler=For Fun]

Rhybgaro (Nohr Noble); +Speed/-Luck

Nohrian Trust

Hoshidan Unity

Dragon Fang

Quixotic/Bold Stance (whenever that comes out)

Replicate

Camilla (Malig Knight)

Warp

Pavise

Aegis

Aether

Rend Heaven

[spoiler=For Glory]

Rhybgaro (Nohr Noble); +Speed/-Luck

Nohrian Trust

Hoshidan Unity

Warp

Quixotic/Bold Stance (whenever that comes out)

Replicate/Vantage

Nyx!Rhajat (Witch)

Dragon Fang

Aether

Pavise

Aegis

Rend Heaven

I'm debating if I should use Replicate on this one. my plan is to just have those 5 core proc skills; Dragon Fang, Aether, Rend Heaven, Pavise & Aegis, personally not sure if Quixotic is overkill, since it does let me get around Breaker skills and give me +25% chance to proc Aether with Hoshidan Unity.

[spoiler=Capture on!]

Designed specifically for capturing enemy units, assuming Niles and Orochi stay in their original classes.

Niles (Adventurer)

PS: Kidnap

Replicate

Galeforce

Certain Blow

Bowfaire

Aggressor

Orochi (Onmyoji)

PS: Capture

Replicate

Galeforce

Certain Blow

Tomefaire

Aggressor (can be swapped out for Shadowgift if you really want to use Nosferatu)

Replicate and Galeforce are on the set in case of wanting to capture multiple units quickly or to have another chance at capturing a unit who didn't go down on the first capture attempt. Certain Blow pumps up their Hit rates since during a capture attempt, their Hit rates go down by 10%. (Weapon)faire is there to reliably raise damage output. Aggressor is an upgraded version of Quick Draw, allowing Niles and Orochi to have +7 ATK during Player Phase to have an easier time capturing units. There are no attack skills (Luna, Rend Heaven, etc.) in the set as during Capture attempts, attack skills will not be activated at all. Niles and Orochi also cannot inflict critical hits during capture attempts and cannot call upon partner attacks in Attack Stance or Bold Stance.

[spoiler=Capture on!]

Designed specifically for capturing enemy units, assuming Niles and Orochi stay in their original classes.

Niles (Adventurer)

PS: Kidnap

Replicate

Galeforce

Certain Blow

Bowfaire

Aggressor

Orochi (Onmyoji)

PS: Capture

Replicate

Galeforce

Certain Blow

Tomefaire

Aggressor (can be swapped out for Shadowgift if you really want to use Nosferatu)

Replicate and Galeforce are on the set in case of wanting to capture multiple units quickly or to have another chance at capturing a unit who didn't go down on the first capture attempt. Certain Blow pumps up their Hit rates since during a capture attempt, their Hit rates go down by 10%. (Weapon)faire is there to reliably raise damage output. Aggressor is an upgraded version of Quick Draw, allowing Niles and Orochi to have +7 ATK during Player Phase to have an easier time capturing units. There are no attack skills (Luna, Rend Heaven, etc.) in the set as during Capture attempts, attack skills will not be activated at all. Niles and Orochi also cannot inflict critical hits during capture attempts and cannot call upon partner attacks in Attack Stance or Bold Stance.

first thing I thought of with that spoiler title was this

Even worse is that this sounds like an old school FE map theme.

[spoiler=Senran Kagura]

Sophie (Master Ninja)

PS: Mischievous

Swordfaire

Shurikenfaire

Pick 3: Astra, Duelist's Blow, Movement +1, Pass, Darting Blow, Life or Death, Quick Draw, Certain Blow, Elbow Room, Lifetaker, Death Blow, Aggressor

Weapons: Raider Katana, Raider Knife

Kagero can run a similar set though she doesn't have Mischievous as her PS so stripping enemies would only happen if she has WTA.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Is someone's Wary Fighter wall getting on your nerves? Do you need to damage a dodgetank? Look no further than this!

Corrin, +Skl/-Mag, Master Ninja

Poison Strike

Savage Blow

Dragonic Hex

Certain Blow/Counter/Luna

Shurikenfaire/Magic Counter/Lucky 7

Spy's Shuriken is a must.

While it would be really nice if you hit, it's not mandatory - you'll take out two large chunks of health thanks to Poison Strike and Savage Blow, and wipe out their stats courtesy of Dragonic Hex. If you want a more damage-oriented build, go with Certain Blow and Shurikenfaire. If you want to punish people for attacking you while you have the Spy's Shuriken equipped, go with Counter and Magic Counter. If you really want procs, go with Luna and Lucky 7 (the latter is to cancel out the -20 Avoid that the Spy's Shuriken has).

Is someone's Wary Fighter wall getting on your nerves? Do you need to damage a dodgetank? Look no further than this!

Poison Strike

Savage Blow

Dragonic Hex

While it would be really nice if you hit, it's not mandatory - you'll take out two large chunks of health thanks to Poison Strike and Savage Blow, and wipe out their stats courtesy of Dragonic Hex. If you want a more damage-oriented build, go with Certain Blow and Shurikenfaire. If you want to punish people for attacking you while you have the Spy's Shuriken equipped, go with Counter and Magic Counter. If you really want procs, go with Luna and Lucky 7 (the latter is to cancel out the -20 Avoid that the Spy's Shuriken has).

Here's a potential variant of that setup.

[spoiler=Violation!]

Female Kana, Velouria, or Selkie (Master Ninja)

Poison Strike

Savage Blow

Grisly Wound

Draconic Hex

Toxic Brew

Weapon: Spy's Shuriken Raider Knife, Raider Katana

Lots of post-round damage combined with Draconic Hex's and Spy's Shuriken's debuffs (provided that the Spy's Shuriken connected), and chance of shutting movement range down to 0 and dropping Avoid rate by 20.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Here's a potential variant of that setup.

[spoiler=Violation!]

Female Kana, Velouria, or Selkie (Master Ninja)

Poison Strike

Savage Blow

Grisly Wound

Draconic Hex

Toxic Brew

Weapon: Spy's Shuriken Raider Knife, Raider Katana

Lots of post-round damage combined with Draconic Hex's and Spy's Shuriken's debuffs (provided that the Spy's Shuriken connected), and chance of shutting movement range down to 0 and dropping Avoid rate by 20.

The biggest problem with the Poison Strike/Savage Blow/Grisly Wounds combo is that it'll trigger Vantage. If that's the case, I'd drop Poison Strike for Quixotic (helps with your hit rate, too), and go for the full freeze effect.

Here's my build I guess.

+MAG -DEF MU

Quixotic

Vantage

Vengeance

Hoshidan Unity

Life or Death

Also got an attempt at an avo tank selkie to deal with generals but idk..

Edited by Lemui

• 4 weeks later...

My build:

Grandmaster

+Skill, -Res

Astra

Dragon Fang

Amaterasu

Ignis

Hoshidan Unity (though I should probably go with Quixotic)

Killing Edge

Levin Sword

Mjolnir

Alpha (Omega) Yato

Vulnerary (3 at all times)

I've gotten past the need for Dragonstones.

My Skill stat is so high at the moment that Dragon Fang, Critical hit, or both activate pretty much every time battle is initiated.

Kana (Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble) with Dragonstone as main weapon of choice

Nohrian Trust

Even Better

Better Odds

Renewal

Good Fortune

Kana's support (General, Falcon Knight, etc.)

Pavise

Aegis

Sol

Dual Guardsman/Aether

Miracle

Kana will choke this point!

4 Saizos a turn || Saizo, Dark Flier

Aggressor | Life or Death | Ignis / Tomefaire or Lancefaire / Quick Draw | Galeforce | Replicate

-Iron Lance forge (currently at +4)

-Ox Spirit (currently at +3)

-Calamity Gate

-Horse Spirit

-????? your choice

Basically spread out your saizos and use his mixed offense to galeforce awaaaaay

probably not a pvp build but w/e it's fun and wipes maps fast

I run a similar build on Leo but Leo doesn't do the hybrid thing quite as well so he'd just take tomefaire for the third slot and use tomes exclusively

Edited by Thor Odinson

- crit build: Death Blow/Certain Blow/Gamble/Awakening/Vantage

best used by Scarlet w/Great Club(or Killer Axe for more accuracy). Certain Blow is there to fix accuracy issues. For maximum effect, turn Scarlet into Berserker.

- overkill build: Life or Death/Spendthrift/Aggressor/Quick Draw/-faire

best used by MU because convoy and Omega Yato. A flat +36 damage bonus, and with the right buffs/debuffs it can reach even higher. Originally made this build in order to reach the highest damage bonus possible, but it can also be used to OHKO Wary Fighters. Very Player Phase heavy though.

- 2 range aura build: Inspiration/Gentilhomme/Demoiselle/Charm/Amaterasu or -faire(normal)

Inspiration/Demoiselle/Charm/Amaterasu/-faire(Sakura/Hinoka)

originally made this build for Felicia!Forrest but it actually works to any children who can get Troubadour class and has an opposite gendered parent who can reclass into Troubadour. Amaterasu for healing, -faire for a little more offense.

Made another version for Sakura/Hinoka because of they can't get Gentilhomme(but they have the personals exactly for this set).

I have another Awakening set that I have planned for a Bond Unit:

Master Ninja:

PS Fiery Blood

+SPD/-DEF

Skills:

Awakening

Vantage

Vengeance

Lucky Seven

Galeforce

Equip:

Sacrificial Knife

Soldier's Knife

Felicia's Plate/Flame Shuriken/Leo's Iceblade(mainly for using after Soldier's Knife)

Kagero's Dart

Barb Shuriken/Dual Shuriken

So the first goal is to use Sacrificial Knife on one unit so my hp drops to 30%, if i killed I do it again since Galeforce and get into Awakening and Vantage range, if I did not I use Azura to refresh use Sacrificial Knife, Galeforce now procs and end with Kagero's Dart

So now I have Like +70 avoid thanks to Awakening, Lucky Seven and Kagero's dart, on top of the avoid I gain from having more than 40 SPD.

It can also do a crap ton of damage thanks to Vengeance+Crit which aside from 3 range Weapons is somewhat difficult to get over it because of the risk, Awakening and Lucky Seven also "nullifies" Shurikenbreaker so it makes you almost always hit even with it.

Fiery Blood is pretty cool because that +4 can be a huge difference because of the crits.

Thoughts?

Edited by Roxachronc

An idea I had for a Mozu build:

[spoiler=RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE the fair way]

Class: General

Weapon: Guard Naginata

S Support: Someone Like Laslow with good defense or Kaze because of Miraculous Save

A+ Support: Effie for Knight Class

Skill Sets:

Seal Strength, Seal Defense, Seal Speed, Wary Fighter, Warding Blow

General idea for this build: A human shield that uses resources not from castles if you don't wanna go that route. This unit's main focus is to be hard to kill and punish the player for failing. Seal Magic/Resistance can also be included as well, but you only need 3. Mozu's high luck prevents her from getting crited. The high DEF/HP base stats for the general class combined with Wary Fighter will force players to use either magic units, or rely on procing skills. Procing skills may not kill reliably, and Warding Blow hinders magic attacks.

Warding Blow only works when Mozu is attacked. If you want to attempt to keep magic damage low, you can try shoving Aegis or Tomebreaker in there.

Warding Blow only works when Mozu is attacked. If you want to attempt to keep magic damage low, you can try shoving Aegis or Tomebreaker in there.

Erm, it actually works when attacking.

Poison Strike

Savage Blow

Dragonic Hex

Slight problem: Savage Blow only works within two spaces, so it won't work with the Spy's Shuriken, which can only attack at 3 range. (Technically, it will work, just not on whatever you attacked)

Erm, it actually works when attacking.

Slight problem: Savage Blow only works within two spaces, so it won't work with the Spy's Shuriken, which can only attack at 3 range. (Technically, it will work, just not on whatever you attacked)

Details.

Anyway, let's say you have a 3-range weapon out. Do you honestly think you're NOT going to have an enemy in your face?

Phalanx Core

This set works for MUs, any of the children, and some bond units, but works best on Midori.

Dragon Ward

Replicate

Hoshidan Trust

and any combination of: Quixotic, Miracle, Inspiration, Sol, Aether, and Nohrian Trust. (I'm personally using Quixotic and Aether atm)

The idea here is to keep the original unit and their replica next to each other so that they will proc Dragon Ward for each other and any ally standing in one of the 10 adjacent spaces. With 30 LCK (Which is actually pretty low for endgame), Hoshidan Trust and Quixotic you get 40% activation, 60% if using Midori or a BU with Lucky Charm. You can further boost this with Rallying, Inspiring Song and Luck Tonics.

[spoiler=Option Breakdown]

If you plan on using the set for PVE then Quixotic is a must, but if you're going to try it in PVP then it becomes optional since so many people run around using quixotic themselves and since the double-edged sword makes it a bit risky when procs can be used against you. I highly encourage Quixotic if you're using Nohrian Trust as well.

Inspiration works quite well since the twins will buff each other with it and any other ally in Dragon Ward range will get the buff twice. Works better if keeping the twins in attacker stance since the damage boost adds up even faster that way.

Sol/Aether provide self-healing mid-combat which is really nice. Aether adds an extra punch, but the low activation can really be felt when compared to Sol. I recommend sticking to Sol for PVP, but feel free to stack both on a NTrust Bank.

Miracle works best if using Midori and also works really well in tandem with Sol.

I feel like it's cheating to use Nohrian Trust; it lets you stack any combination you want of: Aether, Sol, Miracle, Pavise, Aegis or any other procs you happen to have a fetish for on the bank unit. Just keep in mind that you'll need either 2 banks or the bank will need replicate too.

This set can work on any class, but making the unit a Witch or Sorcerer gives them access to Nosferatu, thus eliminating the necessity of self-healing skills. This works particularly well if you keep the twins in attacker stance since you can get HP recovery from the dual strike as well.

Just be wary of savage blow users, ballistas, and Ballisticians if you use this. You'll get the best results if you cluster the rest of your team around the twins, but if you do that around these threats then you'll be enabling your opponent to hit many of your units at once.