why dont people use deodorant?

Ansem

in a lounge area rn that is open 24/7 with a bunch of couches and dirty commuter plebs come here from time to time to sleep. but there are these three REALLY FUCKING DIRTY men that are always here. one is this grad student from india that never fucking showers and practically lives here. this asshole even left his shit on one of the tables and never moves it basically claiming that area. then there is this fucking stoner who smells like weed and im sure showers very infrequently because he smells like ballsweat and regular sweat and then this one hippie fuck that walks barefoot ALL OVER CAMPUS so when he is lying down on the couches and his dirty ass feet are up, its mad gross.

https://gyazo.com/aa827afea17cb287167168722fac12bc

heres the anatomy of this place. id snap pics of the grad student's lair and stinky feet if they werent so far. but holy shit we're grown adults. what the fuck is wrong with people?

report these behaviors to your ra or ask for the cre to get involved or something. say pretty much what you said here, that you feel that the space isn't an enjoyable environment to be in because of these issues.

this is actually a commuter lounge that is in the main library, ergo not my dorm. but a few friends and i have thought about reporting this but we're still in the process of finding an authority figure here. librarians are basically students that are working and since this is not technically a part of the reading room, its not in their jurisdiction.

I have a friend that often doesn't use deodorant and I don't have the heart to tell him. I feel glad inside when someone else calls him out for it. I know, I'm pathetic.

Also, the club room I hang out at a lot is filled with half cool people that are fun to be around and the other half are smelly. And the room's small but there can be upwards of 8 people in there. And before you ask, yes, most of them are CS students.

Edited by Knight

I can't because I'm allergic to some ingredients in most common deoderants

I have to use gentle sprays and oils and stuff (coconut "balm" and oils are what I mostly use)

it's not so bad-- I just have to reapply throughout the day

Can't you bring this up to someone

'cause seriously I'm sure you're not the only one who wants to be able to peacefully relax in the lounge and not have to smell BO all the time

Edited by Esme

and then this one hippie fuck that walks barefoot ALL OVER CAMPUS so when he is lying down on the couches and his dirty ass feet are up, its mad gross.

but i don't go to your school

but i don't go to your school

kek

pls no bully

seriously though I've never seen this problem

im just kidding i have mad respect for cs majors. it wasnt until i took an intro course(which i basically dropped bc i couldnt handle it) that i truly began to appreciate it. everything is comp sci if you think about it, and though i only did simple conditional shit with python in that course i dropped, im sure shit like an elevator arriving or a vending machine dispensing a drink is a lot more complicated. it genuinely made me see shit differently since with the example of the vending machine, you have to code the direction and distance and i remember working with turtle graphics and how making shapes was stupid as shit since i had to code fucking everything.

But have you smelt it?

cannot confirm nor deny

im just kidding i have mad respect for cs majors. it wasnt until i took an intro course(which i basically dropped bc i couldnt handle it) that i truly began to appreciate it. everything is comp sci if you think about it, and though i only did simple conditional shit with python in that course i dropped, im sure shit like an elevator arriving or a vending machine dispensing a drink is a lot more complicated. it genuinely made me see shit differently since with the example of the vending machine, you have to code the direction and distance and i remember working with turtle graphics and how making shapes was stupid as shit since i had to code fucking everything.

programming is hard and tedious but surprisingly satisfying. at least for me

though math majors are the ones that get to gloat the most since every science-based subject is derived from it

Edited by Tryhard

english isn't the only language you doofus

If it boils down to language/communication does that mean it's sociology? Which comes full circle on that chart.

we knew this guy who just perpetually smelt like roadkill

he unironically thought 9/11 was an inside job, also that no noticeable progress in human civilisation had been made since the 1950s

Edited by Parrhesia