Hashuni Mei Plays: The Sims 4

Stargirl

°˖✧ (⁰⁰) ✧˖° Welcome to The Sims 4! °˖✧ (⁰⁰) ✧˖°

Here's some backstory to kick things off. (It's merely fluff.)

The Sims 4 was my first sims game (okay, actually The Sims FreePlay was, but that doodooness doesn't count). Since purchasing the game I've been obsessed with it, which is not surprising considering how much I love "fake life" games. Now I've extended my love to The Sims 2, which is equally as great but in a different way!

When I was a little Mei I remember stating that I wanted to play a game that kind of mimicked life, but with less of the bad things, to which a little comrade of mine hinted at playing something called Harvest Moon. I love Harvest Moon, but sometimes you've got to life with less farming, you know? Thanks to a couple of Youtubers I started paying more attention to The Sims franchise. One thing led to another and now here I am... 100% Sims trash ;w;

☆。:∵:*:☆*゜★。::*☆。::*★。::*☆::*★。::*☆。::*★。::*☆::*★。::*☆。::*★。::*☆

Now that that's out of the way let me introduce you to a couple of sims.

Meet the Roomies! They are the first two sims I've ever created in The Sims 4 (^_^) The one on the left is named Hope Starr and the one on the right is Hashuni Mei.

We'll be following their story for awhile. °(❛ᴗ❛)°.
(A long while. So fasten your seatbelt cuz we're going on a ride.)

x9OdLX3.png

I'm still feverishly playing the game so I'm not sure how far I'll go with updating.

☆。:∵:*:☆*゜★。::*☆。::*★。::*☆::*★。::*☆。::*★。::*☆::*★。::*☆。::*★。::*☆

Screenshot start date: August 5, 2015

Current Households: 
The Roomies/The Gawain Family
The Smiley Crew
The Collins Family
The Pavino Family
The Landvik Family
The Carter Family
The Jones Family
BFF
Tanning
The Scott Family
TheTidesChanging Crew
The Cavazos Family

Edited by Honeypie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky... I tried to play this, but my laptop wouldn't even INSTALL it. At least it should play Sims 2 if I ever feel like going back to it (I didn't like Sims 3).

Btw, the one on the right looks like a genderbent Chrom... xP I think it's the hair. But that'd be no surprise to me if you meant to do that, I know you're a fan of him.

@Sol: Thank you friend. I'll try not to disappoint. : )

@Ana: Truth be told, Sims 4 lags pretty bad on my computer. Lots of simmers attribute the lagginess to poor design. I kind of agree.

Haha, you remembered my love for Chrom. That hairstyle wasn't what I initially wanted for Mei. I was thinking something along the lines of

6T2AL9Q.png

but this custom content wasn't out at the time, so I had to make due.

Alrighty, this is for those who are not familiar with The Sims 4 gameplay.

Every sim is given traits that determine their behaviour and how they react to things over the course of their life. As a child a sim gets one trait, when they age up to a teen they get their second trait and finally by adulthood they get their third and final trait. Along with traits every sim must be given an aspiration to work towards and when completed that sim will get a reward trait.

There are five (or rather six if you count the baby stage) life stages. There's child, teen, young adult, adult and elder.

☆。:∵:*:☆*゜★

Hashuni Mei is currently a Young Adult. Her aspiration in life is to become a Master Chef. Once completed she will have the reward trait called Fresh Chef that allows her to cook high quality food that will never spoil. Her current traits are:

Cheerful: This trait helps a sim feel generally happier.

Clumsy: This trait makes a sim trip when performing physical activities. They also tend to break a lot of plates.

Family Oriented: This trait makes sims become Happy when they are around family members and Sad if they haven't interacted with family in a while.

xhUHMGv.png

Hope Starr is currently a Teen. Her aspiration in life is to become a Musical Genius. Once completed she will earn the reward trait called Piper that will allow her to play songs that have significant effects on other sims. Such as making them sleepy, clean the house or change into formal clothing. Her current traits are:

Foodie: This trait makes sims have fun while eating good food and become Uncomfortable when eating bad food. They can also watch the cooking channel for ideas.

dzHNIPq.png

Edited by Hashuni Mei

@Ana: Truth be told, Sims 4 lags pretty bad on my computer. Lots of simmers attribute the lagginess to poor design. I kind of agree.

Haha, you remembered my love for Chrom. That hairstyle wasn't what I initially wanted for Mei. I was thinking something along the lines of

6T2AL9Q.png

but this custom content wasn't out at the time, so I had to make due.

Ah, I see. That hairstyle definitely looks less Chromish. But even if you were getting inspiration from him, that's perfectly fine. :P I myself have a Frederick Mii that I main in Smash along with Ike and Luigi, so it isn't like I don't do anything similar. lol

bfFWnhi.png?2        geZnaHk.png?2        ggNhZbm.png?2

Three neighbourhoods make up the base world of this Simverse.

The Roomies: Settling In

Hearing of the high success rates at the prestigious Buckingham high school, Hope Starr has transferred over, though the long commutes are starting to take a toll. Luckily Hashuni Mei, an old friend of hers, lives in Newcrest and is renting out a room. This should make getting to her new high school a lot easier. What a lucky break!

Mei hasn't been living in Newcrest for too long herself. She's going to need to swing some steady income if she wishes to remain in the neighbourhood. Perhaps she can put her cooking skills to good use in the Culinary career. As she starts off she'll be an Assistant Dishwasher, making $15/hour, but hey at least it's something. 

jUEh34I.png

Hope is finally unpacked and settled into her new home. She brought along her old guitar, which should keep her busy when she's not focusing on the heavy curriculum. Mei is very supportive of her friend's desire to become a fabulous guitarist. 

rMvaY7x.png

NLmepOE.png

On the weekend Mei decided to throw a house party to get Hope acquainted with some of the neighbours. A fiery redhead quickly catches Hope's attention. "This gosh darn extravert." She finds out he also attends Buckingham High. Come Monday she won't be eating lunch alone anymore! At least she hopes...

kSxszdY.png

Edited by Hashuni Mei

Thanks Tristian. ^_^

The next update may come with a bit of cheese, but what is The Sims without romance cheese.

I like you're mixing of a story with your gameplay of sims

it's kind of cute in a way

heh, can't wait to see more stories of your sims

Yeah.

Internet teached me the main goal of Sims is psychological and/or physical torture, so it's definitely a novelty.

Introducing a new Sim!

Guess which Fire Emblem character he is supposed to represent. 

U5kQ3Kh.png

1) Description
2) The Roomies: Stepping out of Comfort

If you guessed Ike from FE9... you’re right.

Yes, I know he looks like a gremlin and his clothes don't match but this was literally the best I could do with Create A Sim. And maybe it’s not that far off… 

c9o12hC.pngdTfjfpn.png

Hahahaha. 

In any case Ike Gawain (I was fishing for a last name) has moved into Willow Creek. 

Ike Gawain is currently a Young Adult. His aspiration in life is to become a Bodybuilder. Once completed he will earn the reward trait called Long Lived that will let him live a longer life than other Sims, assuming there are no accidental deaths. His current traits are: 

Foodie: This trait makes sims have fun while eating good food and become Uncomfortable when eating bad food. They can also watch the cooking channel for ideas.

Self-Assured: This trait helps a sims feel generally more confident.

Active: This trait helps sims feel energized and they can Pump Up other Sims. They also become upset if they don’t exercise for long periods of time. 

After the house party, Mei and Hope retreated to their beds. Hope was drifting off into dreamland, while Mei stayed up chatting with one of the party goers… in their... bedroom? Hope pretended to sleep as she eavesdropped on their conversation.

ZDi5eYV.png

The next morning Hope confronted Mei about the mystery man. His name is Ike and he comes from a far away land. “Okay, that’s nice… but why was he in the bedroom?” Seems like Mei has a bit of a crush on the guy and they’re planning on spending more time together. That’s when the phone ran. Ike wanted to come over.

uGhS3SD.png

Ike was feeling down in the dumps when he arrived and Mei did her best to cheer him up. It seemed to work, making Mei over-the-moon thrilled.

Yp1Ly3U.png

While Hope was off at school Mei and Ike chatted in the living room for what felt like hours. In the place where Ike used to live making money didn't come so easy. Mei was listening so intently it didn't occur to her how close she was to him. Now she found herself mesmerized by his beautiful, blue eyes.

PNdXbVt.png

Before she could pull away Ike pulled her back in for a hug. "You know Mei? It's nice having someone to talk to. Generally I'm fine on my own, but you've been good company." "Really now?" She tried to play it cool, but inside she felt like dying. After some indecision she decided to let Ike know how she fel- "Welp, I'd best be going. Don't worry. I'll see myself out." Without a second to lose, Mei clung to her whim and soon they were both on their feet.

oZ8Q8nn.png

Mei closed her eyes and planted one on Ike. She expected to be pushed away due to her hasty desperation, but Ike just stood there. Mei held her breath, bracing herself for what may come. She could have quite possibly killed a relationship before it even began.

pqQuVEk.png

Edited by Hashuni Mei

Oh wow, I came in here expecting an actual Chrom Sim and Mei getting with him. Because, ya know. :P

But cute! I prefer RD Ike's design to PoR Ike, but that would've probably been harder to pull off unless Sims 4 has some great body customization that includes a very muscular build range. :P And it's your game anyway, so you should do whatever you want in it. :)

I'm a little late in saying this but thank you guys so much.

It means a lot to even have you drop by.

oh my

we getting relationship drama here

i like the use of nice wavy blue hair

tho idk if there's spiky hair as an option in this game

: )

There is spiky hair! Unfortunately none of the options had the look I was going for.

Especially at the time.

Oh wow, I came in here expecting an actual Chrom Sim and Mei getting with him. Because, ya know. :P

But cute! I prefer RD Ike's design to PoR Ike, but that would've probably been harder to pull off unless Sims 4 has some great body customization that includes a very muscular build range. :P And it's your game anyway, so you should do whatever you want in it. :)

Hehehe.

I prefer RD too! ^_^ The Sims 4 has two sliders. One for fat and one for muscle. Using cheats would give me access to the muscle slider but that might not be necessary considering Ike's aspiration is to build more muscle ^o^

This is the cutest LP i've seen in exactly ever, so I'm stickin around for it~!

Elieeee! Aw, thank you! OUO

As hinted before, The Roomies’ story isn’t the only one we’ll be following. Along with the introduction of new sims, this playthrough will start rotating between different households.

Collectively, the next group of sims are called The Smiley Crew. The Smiley Crew is made up of 10 teenagers who strive to be happy no matter how hard life gets. They each live with their own families, aside from a few who live together.

1) The Smiley Crew Descriptions

KhtlEjq.png

Jake Collins is the co-founder of The Smiley Crew. His aspiration in life is to become a Friend of the World. Once completed he will earn the reward trait called Beloved that will prevent all his friendships from decaying. His current traits are: Good and Cheerful

66Epkll.png

Lucas Landvik is a gifted guitarist. His aspiration in life is to become a Musical Genius. Once completed he will earn the reward trait called Piper that will allow him to play songs that have significant effects on other sims. Such as making the

EA3CpZK.png

Miranda Pavino is unusually amicable. Her aspiration in life is to become a Nerd Brain. Once completed she will earn the reward trait called Handy that will allow her to instantly fix/upgrade any object. Her current traits are: Goofball and Good

3porsgF.png

Timothy Jones prefers to go by his nickname TJ. His aspiration in life is to become a Bodybuilder. Once completed he will earn the reward trait called Long Lived that will let him live a longer life than other Sims, assuming there are no accidental deaths. His current traits are: Bro and Active

O9OyAfA.png

Chloe Carter is the ultimate motivator. Her aspiration in life is to become a Renaissance Sim. Once completed she will earn the reward trait called Professorial that will let her write books about any Skills she is well-versed in. Her current traits are: Self-Assured and Active

XIlEZ8m.png

Noah Fletcher is an exceptional programmer. His aspiration in life is to become a Computer Whiz. Once completed he will earn the reward trait called Webmaster that will allow him to make money on the Internet, Internet stalk other sims and go on research binges. His current traits are: Geek and Creative

qXmzvMs.png

Rachel Amir’s bark is worse than her bite. Her aspiration in life is to become a Party Animal. Once completed she will earn the reward trait called Perfect Host that will raise the score of any party she throws. Her current traits are: Outgoing and Mean

CmxR8AG.png

Dean Brown has the best retorts. His aspiration in life is to become a Mansion Baron. Once completed he will earn the reward trait called Thrifty that will let him receive a 10% rebate on all household items purchased by the end of each week. His current traits are: Self-Assured and Slob

buByefj.png

Michelle Strafer hides a second stomach. Her aspiration in life is to become a Friend of the World. Once completed she will earn the reward trait called Beloved that will prevent all her friendships from decaying. Her current traits are: Outgoing and Glutton

3aSI787.png

Lily Dennir is the most sensible. Her aspiration in life is to become a Soulmate. Once completed she will earn the reward trait called Companion that will grant her special interactions between her and her future spouse. Her current traits are: Squeamish and Neat

2) Trait Descriptions
3) The Smiley Crew: Good vs Evil

Active: This trait helps sims feel Energized and they can Pump Up other sims. They also become upset if they don’t exercise for long periods of time.

Ambitious: This trait makes sims desire to move up in their careers. They will feel Tense if they have not received a promotion in a long time.

Bro: This trait lets sims perform Bro interactions, for example a Bro Hug. They become Confident around other Bros, and can also become Energized from watching sports.

Creative: This trait makes sims Inspired.

Geek: This trait makes a sim love reading sci-fi books, playing video games and they become better at finding collectibles.

Glutton: This trait makes sims have a greater negative reaction to being hungry and they will always enjoy eating, regardless of the quality of the food.

Good: This trait makes sims Happy when others are experiencing positive emotions, they can donate to charity and become Sad when interacting with Evil sims.

Goofball: This trait makes sims Playful.

Mean: This trait makes sims Happy when they perform mean or mischievous interactions.

Music Lover: This trait makes sims enjoy listening to music more and they become Happy when playing instruments.

Neat: This trait makes sims become Happy and have fun while performing household chores and become Uncomfortable in dirty surroundings.

Outgoing: This trait make sims happier when socializing, their social need decays quicker and they get sadder when their social need is low.

Romantic: This trait makes sims tend to feel Flirty and they may feel Tense if they haven't had any romantic interactions in a while.

Self-Assured: This trait helps a sims feel generally more Confident.

Slob: This trait makes sims unaffected by dirty surroundings and they tend to dirty household items faster.

Squeamish: This trait makes sims nauseated by the sight of bugs, vomit, violence and death. Sims become Uncomfortable around anything dirty.

(Unfortunately, I didn't take enough overview screenshots of the neighbourhoods. This one was a convenient accident. ^^)

Miranda Pavino and her family have moved into Willow Creek. Their next door neighbour is the eccentric Pancake Family, across the road lives Ike Gawain and down the road (out of the screenshot) lives The Carter Family.

ehXNShj.png

On a Saturday The Pavinos used their free time to explore Willow Creek, heading over to the nearest museum. Miranda's parents, Giorgio and Mary, admire the rough strokes of up-and-coming artists.

0dewQRC.png

Miranda runs into Hope Starr, a fellow classmate at Buckingham High. Being the first time the two have spoken one on one, Miranda was a little nervous, but she found out that they have lots in common. Here's to a new pal!

ToBfQsn.png

When the Pavinos got home Miranda rushed to her computer to message her good friend Jake Collins. Jake lives over in Newcrest and though it was nearly dinnertime, Miranda wanted to pop by and say hello.

YnDdsGT.png

While Miranda was out Giorgio and Mary used the opportunity to spark some flames...

8PGg9QU.png

Miranda arrived at the Collins' home to see Jake chatting with his dad outside. The two teens goofed around a bit.

DW4FhUG.png

Then felt the need for a spontaneous selfie. John Collins debated leaving the shot, bu-- Oops, too late.

haSLHpK.png

The next day Miranda invited Jake and Hope to Magnolia Promemade Park. Jake was ecstatic to meet Miranda's new friend.

wT5k0bi.png

Magnolia Promenade is Willow Creek's most notorious location. Known for it's picturesque surroundings, sims of all kinds gather for picnics, chess tournaments or fishing. Even evil old ladies can find something to do here, but Jake was not too pleased by this one's presence and promptly dismissed her evil ways.

O1m0KxK.png

Jake met another sim who had adapted to a life of evil. "Down evil one!"

O29uSpD.png

Sometimes having lots of charisma presents a challenge. Jake couldn't get through one chess match without being swarmed.

cA8Jlvt.png

Leaving Miranda and Hope at the park, Jake ran to the local nightclub to grab some chips. He was able to spark up a conversation with a townie named Maranda and JUMPING GRASSHOPPERS. You really can't judge a book by its cover... Evil and in the Criminal Career? The battle between Good and Evil rages on...

9SljgCY.png

Edited by Hashuni Mei
Holy crap reformatting this was a pain.

Quite the evil town you've got here.

Tell me about it. Only the truly evil sims can walk up to a cop and fight them for no reason.

Formatting has changed a bit. Context is now under the related image.
Also, stories will be split into parts or sections.

1) The Roomies: Bluebirds - Part 1

Where Mei expected to strike out, she swung big and that's how things have always been for her. The day she hastily kissed Ike, in recollection, felt like her low point - but it ended up being the best decision she's ever made. Ike returned her feelings. Not only that, but for awhile he has found her disposition, clumsiness and peaceful nature quite endearing. Had Mei not made the first move it might have taken him longer to come to a clear understanding on the status of their relationship.

Now that some time has passed, the two look ahead as a couple.

WrTu1zT.png
Izgd7xE.png
Their days off work are often spent together. Be it at the various parks.

zWjYoWn.png
Training at the gym.

vNaOPm1.png
CqItBLm.png
Or training away from the gym.

yv8xFJ7.pngWith Ike in her life Mei couldn't possibly be happier.

EY3ZLCg.png
Though she may want to consider going easy on the PDA.

W9CB1L6.pngOn one of their dates, Mei felt that Ike was being unusually coy. Whatever was on his mind Ike didn't leave much time to question, as he kept distracting her.

HJcfjip.png"Okay, okay! Now I know something's up! You're not one to crack jokes."

"I can be funny when I want to."

Zi0ssYR.png"Is anything on your mind? You can tell me."

Y5NF9Qb.png
"Alright you got me. There is only one thing on my mind..."

2e50XmN.png
Well played.

(Also, past me felt the need to screenshot the two on the right because black shirt sim was making gross sobbing noises, completely ruining the moment. Heh, like me right now but I need to discuss this. They were in a huge park and of all the seats to choose from, black shirt and her friend chose to sit on that bench to grossly sob. It took me longer than necessary to figure out where the sounds were coming from.)

XgE13PM.pngBut truthfully there was something more on Ike's mind. As the pair got up to leave, (not in connection to the gross sobs.. I mean pfft) Ike paused. Then got down on his knee.

EXbRu3w.png
"I've been trying to find the right moment to give you this, but it's been hard. Every moment feels like the right moment."

"Oh... my..."

Jb1WJEK.png
"Ike... I'm... speechless. So beautiful! The ring, I mean. No, I mean you too! Was I supposed to comment on the ring first or you?"

"So much for speechless."

A3YIMLb.pngOvercome with joy Mei leaped into Ike's arms. Congrats to the lovebirds!
Now how soon until the wedding bells ring?

2) The Smiley Crew: Going Goth

Charisma must run in the blood. Jake Collins' older siblings each have their way with other sims.

8fCuwyy.pngWhen the Collins threw a house party to get to know some neighbours, Nina Caliente thought to get snippy with young Jake. Big bro Brian was having none of that and quickly showed her what becomes of rude guests. Funny enough both Jake and Nina thought more of Brian after that incident.

qKmuWch.png
Big sis Cassandra uses her charisma to reel in the boys. This time she has her eyes set on geeky Travis Scott. Something about him is so cute.

EPMoyoT.png
Cassie was able to pull a fast one.

EW5KMFN.png
Now look out Newcrest/Willow Creek! There's a new power couple coming through.

They're a family that knows what they want when they want it. The power of persuasion is certainly something The Landvik Family possesses.

wZLOJOr.pngSituating themselves nicely at the dinner table is Lucas Landvik and his mother Alvine. His father, Thord, has just returned from work and is prepping some food. Just a typical weekday evening.

zTddAdH.pngAcross the road lives Lucas' good friend Jake. They've known each other since they were kids.

hU67OYb.png
The two could go on talking for hours. They're best friends, practically brothers.

o8b58pB.png
In fact let's make it official.

mBn00jj.pngLucas is blunt and can be pretty harsh at times. Jake on the other hand is a very empathetic. Some of their friends cannot understand how these two opposites get along so well, but according to Lucas, Jake is the only one that actually gets him.

nVQNhlS.png?1
After school Jake and Lucas went to a bar in Oasis Springs. They spent hours watching reruns on the telly and listening to smooth jazz.

eIGxaZW.pngWhen Lucas got home he immediately went to his guitar. Strumming on his guitar is his go-to escape from reality. Or reality as he knows it.

8QidEJ6.pngAlvine does some late night painting to up her skill. Now that she is in the Painting career she's going to need to if she hopes to one day inspire the masses with her art. Being a Palette Cleaner just won't do.

JWJg5Il.png
His parents are readying themselves for bed, so Lucas better follow suit and put down his guitar. At least he would if he were home at the moment...

FhsiVFx.png
Lucas sneaks out to wander the neighbourhoods of Willow Creek. Initially planning to crash at Miranda Pavino's home, instead he finds himself at the gates of The Goth Family home and Cassandra Goth eagerly welcomes him in.

qDbR3W4.png
Cassandra is also an attendee at Buckingham High so Lucas is quite familiar with her reputation as a geeklord. Her mother, Bella Goth, is within earshot so he quickly comes up with a reason for his late visit.

"Yeah, I heard you aced Mr. Malconey's last chem test. I was wondering if I could get some help for the test this Friday?"

"Eeee! Of course you can. Let me get my textbook from my room."

The mention of her room flicked on a light in his head.

7WcRk2p.png
The grandfather clock struck midnight and the Goth household fell silent. After a brief chemistry review Lucas and Cassandra moved to the kitchen for some snacks. That's when Lucas pulled out his charm.

iOPuxiG.png
So far, so good. But is Cassandra willing to let the pieces fall into place?

Q8YZxe7.pngNot much is actually said, but it's clear that Cassandra is attracted to him.

A1gnkzJ.png
Everything he does strikes a cord and he feels absolutely irresistible.

iNJBVOi.pngWow.

AkBCB0J.pngNow it's super late. Lucas had better get gone before a Goth spots him. Cassandra helps sneak him out of her house, giggling all the way.

OwRVlkK.png
On his way to school Lucas spots Ethan Jones, TJ Jones' little brother, playing on the pirate ship. He decides to mimic a sea monster, but Ethan barely looks amused.

8RNPxgx.png
"Ethan."

"You know I'm not five, right?"

OcTHHYC.png
Thord and Alvine remain clueless to Lucas' late night adventure. Now that it's school time they assume that he left early.

cZ1PaSi.png With her day off Alvine attempts to gather inspiration at her easel.

nvL0bWh.png
When that fails it's off the the museum to critic popular creations.

"Ah, why is good art so hard to come by?"

Edited by Hashuni Mei
Haha, formatting has changed even more thanks to the forums update. Until I can figure out how to put a space between spoilers in all posts the spoiler content titles will be numbered to assist in locating the appropriate context.

I like the one dude who's literally just a bro

also romance, bromance, a group of people spreading the positive vibes and a black shirt ruining a romantic moment

nothing but the best for this LP

EY3ZLCg.png

Though she may want to consider going easy on the PDA.

literally the most beautiful thing