Map Pack 2 Is Out Now

Dai

Central Time has to wait a few minutes, unless 12:00 PM EDT means all timezones get it at once.

Normal update time is near 12:00 PM in the US in the western states from all the time information I can gather for myself based on what I've seen. I don't get the updates until near noon at the earliest.

I just completed Heirs of Fate's first map, it took me twenty nine turns, though, I didn't want to lose any of the children so I could get the rewards, but in the end, after a few tries thanks to the saving in battle, I did it, and taught Skilltaker to my Asugi so he can get more Skill to get critical hits more frequently, and Paragon to a Bond Unit I have, I'm not sure who to give Lucktaker to. I gave the Boots to Asugi, though.

Seeing units being pre-set ahead of time got a bit frustrating (hey at least it was funny how things were altered to me so I'm not that upset).

*I'm giving Skilltaker to those who have average to below-average Skill Growths since if I can recall the specs correctly: ((Skill*3)+Lck)/2 + Weapon's Hit = Hit Rate before the opponent's Avoid is factored in. Ryoma, Charlotte, Takumi, Kiragi, Selkie and Arthur seem like some of the fine candidates for Skilltaker.

*Lucktaker, is meant for those who need better chances for dodging attacks. Arthur I don't think could use it (0-5% Lck Growths with a 0 base Lck Stat won't help). Sorcerers could make some use, helps avoid being critted by enemies a bit better. Also helps the likes of Swordmasters and Elite Ninjas dodge a lot better. Midori can make fine use of Lucktaker for Luck Builds.

So I'm under the impression that the Heir of Fates series is meant to sequel Birthright and Conquest in a "this is what happened since you didn't stop Valla, lol" sort of way? I'm ok with that.

I liked the pre-set units and no experience so I just have to focus on strategy, and not leveling everyone up.

Well the story to the first stage isn't as bad as I thought it would be and I'm curious to see how it goes, but there's five other missions to see if it decides to shit itself.

The mission itself was fun

Velouria gave me a struggle, and Siegbert having a crit percentage made me paranoid. Guess that's why you have Rally Luck.

I'll be damned if I know who to give the Taker skills to. Or Paragon, best guess I have on that one is slapping it on Mozu so she can catch up faster than usual but past that I'm stumped. Mercer wasn't half bad either, here's hoping the full song is good.

Edited by cryogeist

I love the translation, especially since

Corrin got smashed

Lmao. I read that yesterday and was ashamed of myself for laughing way harder than I should have at such a serious moment.

translations amirite lads

It doesn't look that bad, but I really am sick of fixed unit maps. I'm not objecting to them for story map purposes but it's getting on my nerves when they put farmable skill scrolls and class change items into maps that require you to actually pay attention to what you're doing (and possibly risk some RNG).

Everything else seems pretty neat, but I'll probably wait for someone else to divine the most efficient way to win it.

It doesn't look that bad, but I really am sick of fixed unit maps. I'm not objecting to them for story map purposes but it's getting on my nerves when they put farmable skill scrolls and class change items into maps that require you to actually pay attention to what you're doing (and possibly risk some RNG).

Everything else seems pretty neat, but I'll probably wait for someone else to divine the most efficient way to win it.

You do realize how simple and easy the current DLC map is, correct? It's not that hard even with fixed units. You're basically given some of the earliest broken children units in a weaker state that still troll the chapter against their Nohrian counterparts. Unless someone's strategy is just to rush in and kill the opposition which can backfire, you shouldn't even lose a single unit if you check the battle statistics before initiating a fight.

Edited by Emblem Blade

My strategy for the map is to just take your time - let the enemies come to you first but not enough so that they can attack you in that turn. So by the next turn, when you're really close to them, go in for the kill. That was my strategy but there was a bit of risk involved in terms of fighting

Vallite!Velouria and Vallite!Siegbert

but taking risks can be kind of fun.

Also, take advantage of Mitama's rally.

My strategy for the map is to just take your time - let the enemies come to you first but not enough so that they can attack you in that turn. So by the next turn, when you're really close to them, go in for the kill. That was my strategy but there was a bit of risk involved in terms of fighting

Vallite!Velouria and Vallite!Siegbert

but taking risks can be kind of fun.

Also, take advantage of Mitama's rally.

Don't forget Killing Edge Vallite!Soleil. Who can potentially OHKO any of your units in one go.

It's actually critical to not let the Vallite!Outlaws/Thieves (Bows) and the Vallite!Dark Mages initiate a fight against any of your units since they can either distant-range kill you (Kiragi can't really handle this that much better) or close-range kill Kiragi (your only hope to deal with the Knights, Soldiers and the earlier mentioned Vallite enemies with less trouble).

Vallite!Knight is Ignatius

Vallite!Mercenary is Soleil

Vallite!Wyvern Rider is Percy

Vallite!Knight(Mount) is Siegbert

Kiragi makes fighting Soleil and Percy much easier as he can OHKO the latter and severely weaken the former in a dual strike. Kiragi also helps weaken Ignatius and can possibly dodge Iggy's attack on Enemy Phase if you didn't attack using Kiragi on your turn earlier.

Losing Mitama just spells really bad news since you're almost in a no-win situation if you used up all your healing potions before facing the final two Vallite bosses in the chapter.

Selki/lead attacker paired up with Kana/dual guard partner can KO Siegbert if you let him attack full HP Selkie (make sure Selkie has Beastrune equipped not Beaststone) on his turn then you can KO him on your turn with Selkie or full HP Kana.

Edited by Emblem Blade

You do realize how simple and easy the current DLC map is, correct? It's not that hard even with fixed units. You're basically given some of the earliest broken children units in a weaker state that still troll the chapter against their Nohrian counterparts. Unless someone's strategy is just to rush in and kill the opposition which can backfire, you shouldn't even lose a single unit if you check the battle statistics before initiating a fight.

It's not hard. It's tedious and annoying, which is far worse.

It's not hard. It's tedious and annoying, which is far worse.

How is/are the chapter(s) being tedious and annoying much worse than them being hard? That seems to make it hard regardless, as if something is tedious it ends up being somewhat hard. Annoying just spells out more effort needed than it is needed. As another member mentioned on this thread, this is just the first new DLC map, things could get better or worse with the 'pre-set determined' chapters.

How is/are the chapter(s) being tedious and annoying much worse than them being hard? That seems to make it hard regardless, as if something is tedious it ends up being somewhat hard. Annoying just spells out more effort needed than it is needed. As another member mentioned on this thread, this is just the first new DLC map, things could get better or worse with the 'pre-set determined' chapters.

If it were strictly for story, or for a one-time reward, then this format is fine. Mildly tricky challenge map, beat it once, put it behind you, watch the scenes, and replay it only if you want to see the story bits again. Before Awakening would be fine for this if it had fixed units because you get the brands once and after that the only reason to repeat it is for a Pebble (and a +7 Pebble is not important enough to care about the tedium of doing that map 128 times). That's an unobjectionable structure.

These maps are repeatable for skill scrolls. If I want more than one copy of them I have to replay the map. Playing the map does not offer any progress because it's always the same team of schlubs I don't care about (these are, after all, not my units) every time. They don't improve, so there's never any difference in how the map is approached; once I trial-and-error the gotcha traps and learn the correct sequence of turns then I just put the routine back into play every time I do the map. It's already old, and the map hasn't even been out for 24 hours.

It's not the turd sandwich that is Royal Royale, and I have no complaints about the price (which is entirely reasonable, even wildly cheap for Map 1 of this pack). But I hate this implementation of DLC where I have to use nobodies to earn things for my real units who then can't do anything to make it easier to earn more of the things, particularly when they throw in RNG components. But the big thing for me is that it isn't fun playing with somebody else's toys.