Can we break Fate's character roster?

Hrathen

Fe fates gameplay has been awsome so far. However since beating all three routes, I've wanted to do a run using only one character. The idea is to somehow use the unit logbook to purchase something like 16 copies of one character, say Yakimura for instance. I tried to search online, but all my searches bring up results relating to the copy cat skill.

I also tried to save the same file multiple times and use the card shop to add each save's Yukimura to the logbook. This idea failed when each subsequent Yukimura over wrote the last one added to the logbook. Even leveling and changing skills had no impact to allow multiple Yukimuras to the logbook. I tried to use the character select at the end of the game, which allows you to select 5 units to put in the logbook, to add Yukimura to the logbook. This had the same effect as the card shop however.

I haven't yet tried adding Yukimura from a different avatar's save, I would need to beat the game again to do that and at the moment I dread going through the game again, especially if it may not even do anything.

Finally I won a Yukimura from a my castle battle and this worked, I just don't like the idea of rolling with 16 maxed out character x, all with a mess of skills and other nonsense. I know I can search online, I just want to find a way without my castle battling to get clones of unit X.

So any thoughts on what I should try or has anyone attempted to clone units in the logbook from two seperated avatar save files?

I have about 15 Ryomas collected from my various runs and other people's castles. Coming from a completely different save works fine. Often I speedrun Birthright to get a Ryoma in a very specific class he can't get normally.

Proof

Edited by Thor Odinson

Really? Thank you for the expedient reply. So I guess the answer to cloning units is fairly straightforward, beat the game on multiple completely different saves. Thank you so much Thor Odinson!

Yes, they do need to be from different files. No, Branch of Fate does not work. You need to do another run entirely.

Branch of fate does work. I've made Sniper!Ryoma, Sorc!Ryoma, and General!Ryoma from runs from BoFing.

Yep as long as they come from someone else's file or an alternate file of your own it's all fine. I have like ten Selkies on my Birthright file. xP

If you have homebrew or powersaves though you could probably just copyhack a bunch of the same character to your game. The benefit of this is that you can remove the einherjar glow from all of them so they'll all still have their voices :D

Yep as long as they come from someone else's file or an alternate file of your own it's all fine. I have like ten Selkies on my Birthright file. xP

If you have homebrew or powersaves though you could probably just copyhack a bunch of the same character to your game. The benefit of this is that you can remove the einherjar glow from all of them so they'll all still have their voices :D

If you copyhack, can others buy those skills off my castle? Or would you just be shadowbanned?

Because I'd totally love to have a full-Ryoma castle that's still a skill castle; I have collected enough skills on Ryoma to probably warrant having 10 of him.

Branch of fate does work. I've made Sniper!Ryoma, Sorc!Ryoma, and General!Ryoma from runs from BoFing.

Odd. They always rewrote on mine.

Odd. They always rewrote on mine.

That is odd. Maybe you'd have to change something about the corn? Since all my BoF-speedruns involve giving Ryoma altclasses I always change the talent at least.

Edited by Thor Odinson

That is odd. Maybe you'd have to change something about the corn? Since all my BoF-speedruns involve giving Ryoma altclasses I always change the talent at least.

Possibly. Although the only similarities between my BoF Corns are height and boon for some (Skill) and bane for others (Luck).

Possibly. Although the only similarities between my BoF Corns are height and boon for some (Skill) and bane for others (Luck).

Hm, that should still be a change. I have no clue why it's not working for you.

Maybe it's the Ryoma himself having a different class configuration that did it or something

I don't know though

If you copyhack, can others buy those skills off my castle? Or would you just be shadowbanned?

I've never tested this.

You can also remove the shield from a Bond Unit, which in theory should let people actually buy skills to a bond unit of the same ID... Although it does some hella weird stuff in some cases and can softlock the game lol. Also unsure what it would do if you did it with a generic...

Never tried it with de-shielded copy characters though, since I have no idea what that'd do to supports.

Edited by Ritisa

Haha this is a hilarious idea. If you manage to make it work with Yukimura, make sure all of them have Replicate XD

BoF has worked for me as well, my Kanas from different paths logged as separate entries in the log book. Though I found that if I just copied the savefile midway through a run, the units from those two savefiles would replace each other.

Haha this is a hilarious idea. If you manage to make it work with Yukimura, make sure all of them have Replicate

"My army consists of clones of me! Who can all make clones of themselves! I am truly a master tactician"

It sounds quite hilarious, maybe I need to do this with my favorite Kagero's because I've had her in like a different class every run haha

They have to be from different files (that start from Prologue, not Branch of Fates) or you have to buy all the "clones" of the subject that didn't come from another player's castle from the Logbook before buying another clone from your Einherjar shop.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Okay

I think I figured out what's the issue with Branch of Fates

Branch of Fates Corn override each other.

This is probably because it's using the same generated character id or something. I've been using the same corn for branch of fates for these speedruns and never bothered to save any of them because they're just the same Dread Fighter setup for fast clears. This time I put Wyvern on her to get lunge for faster clears, and when I go to save to logbook to save to my master file, those override.

Ryomas, however, likely because a new Ryoma is generated each time, does not override himself and a new instance gets put in every time. I'd hazard a guess that anyone generated before (officially, so not the older royal sibs bc their joining instances are different) chapter 6 has the same treatment as corn, and anyone after has different. I can clear 27/28 and test this with Rinkah in a sec.

So branch of fates with Yukimura should be fine.

Edit: seems like my hypothesis is correct--units generated prior to branch of fates will be treated as the same unit. Units after, not so much.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Speaking of BoF, does your resource re-generated if you played the game from the start?

If you BoF a run, if it is the same route as the previous, then it will have the same resources. Revelation doesn't give the subsequent file the same resources though. So if you had Wheat and Onyx in a Rev file, the BoF Nohr file won't have those two even though they're Nohrian resources. Unless you're just lucky and you get one of them anyway.

Edited by Vere

• 2 weeks later...

Okay

I think I figured out what's the issue with Branch of Fates

Branch of Fates Corn override each other.

This is probably because it's using the same generated character id or something. I've been using the same corn for branch of fates for these speedruns and never bothered to save any of them because they're just the same Dread Fighter setup for fast clears. This time I put Wyvern on her to get lunge for faster clears, and when I go to save to logbook to save to my master file, those override.

Ryomas, however, likely because a new Ryoma is generated each time, does not override himself and a new instance gets put in every time. I'd hazard a guess that anyone generated before (officially, so not the older royal sibs bc their joining instances are different) chapter 6 has the same treatment as corn, and anyone after has different. I can clear 27/28 and test this with Rinkah in a sec.

So branch of fates with Yukimura should be fine.

Edit: seems like my hypothesis is correct--units generated prior to branch of fates will be treated as the same unit. Units after, not so much.

Based on this, would a BoF Corrin override the other if selected during an endgame clear? I know they already do if the BoF Corrin is bought from the Einherjar shop.

Context: managed to put together a +HP/-LCK male Corrin that has access to all classes he can get legally. Problem is that the Einherjar shop doesn't remember all of those classes he can Friendship Seal to unless he's already classed into one (and the Einherjar shop only remembers the classes of that class line so if he's put into the shop as a Swordmaster which was only from Friendship Seal, the shop only allows him to class into the Swordmaster/Master of Arms via Friendship Seal). Einherjar shop also wouldn't remember any DLC classes he previously accessed (so no Heart Sealing to them) unless he's already in the DLC class when the Einherjar was bought.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Based on this, would a BoF Corrin override the other if selected during an endgame clear? I know they already do if the BoF Corrin is bought from the Einherjar shop.

Context: managed to put together a +HP/-LCK male Corrin that has access to all classes he can get legally. Problem is that the Einherjar shop doesn't remember all of those classes he can Friendship Seal to unless he's already classed into one (and the Einherjar shop only remembers the classes of that class line so if he's put into the shop as a Swordmaster which was only from Friendship Seal, the shop only allows him to class into the Swordmaster/Master of Arms via Friendship Seal). Einherjar shop also wouldn't remember any DLC classes he previously accessed (so no Heart Sealing to them) unless he's already in the DLC class when the Einherjar was bought.

Yes. When I did one of my Ryoma speedruns I also saved a Rinkah and a Corn to test this, since I have the Rinkah and a Corn from my master file in the logbook and can put them back any time. They overrode, but Ryoma got a new entry.

I ran +Str -Res that file while most of my speeruns run +Str -Mag with varying Talents.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yes. When I did one of my Ryoma speedruns I also saved a Rinkah and a Corn to test this, since I have the Rinkah and a Corn from my master file in the logbook and can put them back any time. They overrode, but Ryoma got a new entry.

I ran +Str -Res that file while most of my speeruns run +Str -Mag with varying Talents.

Turns out that doing an Endgame clear only have the Einherjar Corrin remember:

-All skills they have learned

-All Heart Seal options (including DLC classes previously accessed)

-Partner Seal options

Friendship Seal options remain forgotten unless Corrin's already in a Friendship Seal class option, which only remembers the class line. Updating the Logbook entry whenever he's not in the Friendship Seal option causes the Einherjar to forget the option, rendering the Friendship Seal useless. In case of Corrin being Friendship Seal'd into a class with class overlap, the base class that is higher on the list of classes is prioritized (ie. Corrin is Friendship Seal'd into the Hero class, which is the promotion of both Fighter and Mercenary -- he can access both class lines via Friendship Seal. Fighter is higher on the list and is therefore prioritized over Hero, meaning that an Einherjar Hero Corrin in this case would have Berserker and Hero as his Friendship Seal options).

What a total bummer for trying to put together a max class-access Corrin.

TL;DR: Friendship Seal is gimped. Focus on Talent and marriage for an Einherjar Corrin's class options. Reach Endgame if you want Einherjar Corrin to remember all skills learned and all previously accessed DLC class options.

Edited by Roflolxp54