/r/fireemblem Popularity Poll Results

Oh great, now I bet we'll see a bunch of kids loving Peri for being edgy and having massive tits.

The things I've seen at Miiverse have made me lost faith in the next generation.

I've so far gotten one response from that and they had Peri as their least favorite.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a lot of fan art of female Robin though, so I don't know where you got that from.

Most of the fanart I've seen of FeMU has her paired with Chrom. Compared to F!Corrin, she has very little individual fanart.

Screw it, posted it anyway using a different collector. Wonder if the Miiverse Admins will allow it.

Edit: Maybe some could post it on Tumblr? I sure as hell aren't noteworthy enough. I just posted it there though using the same collector as Miiverse.

I voted Ryoma, Azura, and Shiro for faves

And Niles, Reina, and Rajat for least faves (I don'the actually dislike any of the first generation females, so I chose the one I forget about the most).

No one draws male Corrin because I've hardly talked to anyone who actually likes his design. There's also the fact that he's seen as so stupid and boring by a lot of people that when he IS drawn, he's usually being made fun of.

He may not have as much as Femui, but I've seen him get a lot of fanart, especially on Tumblr (yes, I know, but it counts) and deviantart. And almost none of it makes fun of him.

I'm on the flip of the usual position--I can't stand Femui's design. Namely those stupid holes cut into the thighs of her armor. It's way more bugging to me than Mamui's hair.

about Silas, people probably find him too judgemental from his supports(Silas/Hana for example, there might be more but I haven't read his supports much). That said, he seems to be quite popular on the JP, probably for his childhood friends stuff.

Same goes for Flora, popular in JP but not so much in the polls.

Basically. I like Silas because of his support with Selena.

As mentioned the results just feel wrong. You would think that Male Kana and Corrin would rank the same as their female counterparts. If it is based on design I'm surprised since Charlotte is pretty low and she has good development with some characters

I would assume most of Hana's hatred stems from her supports with Corrin. Her other supports seem fine to me (I have only done like 6 so tell me if I'm wrong here).

Soleil is surprising based on her personality and the fact she hits on her mom.

I really wonder why Ignatius is so low and Benny isn't. Design wise they aren't necessarily great but they are really kind characters and are both scaredy cats, Ignatius moreso.

You know what I've noticed? In addition to having a lot of pairing fanart (which was expected since children were tied to men in this game), F!Corrin also has a lot of individual fanart. Why didn't FeMU get this much attention in Awakening?

well her design is significantly more uhhhh

uncovered thighs than F!Robin

Oh great, now I bet we'll see a bunch of kids loving Peri for being edgy and having massive tits.

The things I've seen at Miiverse have made me lost faith in the next generation.

i saw a picture of saizo as big boss on miiverse once so i dunno i feel like that alone pretty much balances out a lot of the terrible things i've seen

These results trigger me and I logged on just to say that.

Okay but really, these results seem to be really skewed by the fact you can only choose one hate/love person instead of arranging them in a spectrum of love to hate. Because some units like Rinkah might not have placed that low if those who didn't love her or hate her could place her somewhere else in the list.

Voted Takumi+/Jakob-, Oboro+/Peri-, and Shiro+/Soleil-

You know what I've noticed? In addition to having a lot of pairing fanart (which was expected since children were tied to men in this game), F!Corrin also has a lot of individual fanart. Why didn't FeMU get this much attention in Awakening?

Because FeMU doesn't have a thigh hole in her armor.

It's because a lot of people don't really like a massive crybaby (who gets upset over the most trivial of things) who kills people and servants on random whims. She has a grand total of one decent support (with Laslow)

One and a half (Niles C-B is pretty good, then it just falls apart).

1) The differences are not big ENOUGH

2) They make the same major decisions, some of them incredibly stupid decisions, in both paths. It's not like any uniqueness of their personalities changes the main story, which is the biggest thing that defines them.

3) THAT big a gap? I'm honestly going to just call waifu/husbando bias. Besides, I've noticed that girls are more likely to project onto the self inserto and treat her as their mouthpiece, which leads to girls voting for her over other female characters, but most don't see the male self insert as husbando material, unlike certain guys who'd rather waifu the female self insert over other female characters.

While there are differences between the Corrins (as seen in supports), I agree that it's not enough to explain the discrepancy. I prefer male Corrin in terms of personality and female Corrin in terms of marrying off the entire cast.

Rinkah's position makes me want to fite ppl

I hear ya. Rinkah amuses me to no end, and she was the reason why I was able to do my first playthrough.

I really wonder why Ignatius is so low and Benny isn't. Design wise they aren't necessarily great but they are really kind characters and are both scaredy cats, Ignatius moreso.

Iggy's paralogue is kind of traumatizing.

---

Voted Benny/Beruka/Hisame for likes and Azama/Charlotte/Nina for dislikes. If I had two votes, the second one would've gone to Ignatius. . .even if he is a scaredy cat, he tries (and I adore his later supports with Soliel).

This poll proves that tsundere remains superior to yandere.

I still feel bad that many people hate Peri. Is it because of gameplay? Is it because she's autistic? Is it because of her hair?

Because her character is kinda interesting. She reminds me of Melaine Martinez.

Hello. Person recently diagnosed with high-functioning autism. Could you please not insinuate that a murderous crazed thing is simply autistic?

As somebody who spent about 18 months on miiverse (a large part of the reason I got active on here was because I got permabanned), there's sane discussion if you know where to look. Some really nice artists as well.

Screw it, posted it anyway using a different collector. Wonder if the Miiverse Admins will allow it.

Edit: Maybe some could post it on Tumblr? I sure as hell aren't noteworthy enough. I just posted it there though using the same collector as Miiverse.

Did you directly link to it on Miiverse? As in, did you just copy/paste the link in and leave it as a link (nothing like, for instance, "," in place of "."?)? Because if you did, it's probably going to get deleted. Speaking from experience on this one.

Edited by The DanMan

Did you directly link to it on Miiverse? As in, did you just copy/paste the link in and leave it as a link (nothing like, for instance, "," in place of "."?)? Because if you did, it's probably going to get deleted. Speaking from experience on this one.

I left it as a link. It's still up though.

Hello. Person recently diagnosed with high-functioning autism. Could you please not insinuate that a murderous crazed thing is simply autistic?

Person with Asperger's here would also like people to follow this.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Peri's past is messy, and I think it's a little ironic that you slapped her with that label while protesting how she was called autistic. I agree that calling random video game characters autistic is in bad taste, though.

Also I would like to add Odin/Peri to the list of good supports Peri has

Or at least, it was in the JP, I didn't read all the new english ones so I don't know any differences, if any, happened

>Female Kana that high

>Male Kana that low

I'm shocked, I always thought that Male Kana would be more liked because he isn't as bratty in his supports as Female Kana. Voice Acting really does have some impact. Which must be true considering how low Effie is despite being largely unchanged from the JP verison

EDIT: This does make me happy that my precious Kanabean is well liked in the west. I was salty when I saw she was the 2nd least popular character in Japan

Edited by Katsu

>Female Kana that high

>Male Kana that low

I'm shocked, I always thought that Male Kana would be more liked because he isn't as bratty in his supports as Female Kana. Voice Acting really does have some impact. Which must be true considering how low Effie is despite being largely unchanged from the JP verison

There was a census on r/fireemblem a few days ago that indicated the m/f percentage there is, well, very close to the average m/f proportions of the computer science department in my school.

If that's the case, it could be "daughter" bias.

I also second making the voting a spectrum/arranging positions. Kind of like this, for example. I'm more curious seeing how all the characters stack up against each other, though most people wouldn't want to spend 10 minutes ordering 70 characters.

-

Other things:

> Why is Hayato so damn low? Why you hating on him? :(

> F!Kana is probably more popular than M!Kana, because she is really freaking cute. Like I 99% of the time play as F!Corrin, but F!Kana is still the cutest child (sans Midori) in my opinion.

> Takumi not being ranked higher is interesting, but the boy has h8rs. They just jealous, though.

Edited by Iris

I also second making the voting a spectrum/arranging positions. Kind of like this, for example. I'm more curious seeing how all the characters stack up against each other, though most people wouldn't want to spend 10 minutes ordering 70 characters.

Yeah, that's a bit unreasonable. I did consider doing a Like, Neutral, Dislike for each character though. I mean, it still would take a bit of time, but it wouldn't be nearly as tedious.

Yeah, that's a bit unreasonable. I did consider doing a Like, Neutral, Dislike for each character though. I mean, it still would take a bit of time, but it wouldn't be nearly as tedious.

Alternatively, you can have people list their top five favorite/least favorite characters in order and then rank everyone by position, so most favorite gets five points, second favorite gets four points, etc. It would also give a more accurate view of how popular characters are since more of them are taken into account when voting. And should we include NPCs too?

Edited by Lightchao42

Peri's past is messy, and I think it's a little ironic that you slapped her with that label while protesting how she was called autistic. I agree that calling random video game characters autistic is in bad taste, though.

Her past doesn't entirely excuse her actions; plus, the game itself generally handles it way too lightly.

At least we got a certain awesome Jakob quote out of their support:

"Give up. I can brew tea and murder."