KoF XIV Discussion Thread: PC version released

Jedi

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'll definitely buying this KoF if anything. Never really played any of them but I'm familiar with the Ash saga of the series but not anything before it. Since the Ash saga concluded it should do me well to start with a new starting point for the series.

The team of Art of Fighting is rad and I think I'll give Robert and the new guy Kukri a shot. They have fun fighting styles to me.

Edited by Raguna

- Ryo looks like he got a lot of bulk. . .but I liked him when he was a bit skinnier

- I'll need to get accustomed to Robert's facial hair, but it's not a bad look on him

- Yuri is a hot mess. . .I can't make sense of her hair, and why is her butt so prominent?

Yuri has been like like that since AoF2, but I gotta say some of the XIII designs made some of the girls look too weird (rip Yuri and Mai) That's to say, I think the problem here is that they went off her XIII look. Luckily they changed Athena :v

Yeah, that premium edition is mine~

so I got to play a some XIV at Combo Breaker this past weekend :D

Basically, Max Mode is the shiz. You can use it for some fairly simple combo extends or you can just pop it to gain access to EX moves, which is really nice for a char like Chang.

Choi was changed quite a bit... he feels different to play (I couldn't go in and just do a bunch the normal stuff I was familiar with, coming from a guy who uses Choi in everything, including SvC Chaos :v) mostly because how much they slowed him down. He has a new juggle move (dp.Punch) that I feel has some potential.

Game is so fun, I can't wait til it's finally out @_@

Also, for people who like little juicy scraps, since I main Chang and Choi, the Atlus rep was telling me a bit about Xanadu. Apparently he has some sort of windmill arm attack and a command grab where he cradles people... to no surprise, he's a pretty weird character :v

Yuri has been like like that since AoF2, but I gotta say some of the XIII designs made some of the girls look too weird (rip Yuri and Mai) That's to say, I think the problem here is that they went off her XIII look. Luckily they changed Athena :v

Yeah, that premium edition is mine~

so I got to play a some XIV at Combo Breaker this past weekend :D

Basically, Max Mode is the shiz. You can use it for some fairly simple combo extends or you can just pop it to gain access to EX moves, which is really nice for a char like Chang.

Choi was changed quite a bit... he feels different to play (I couldn't go in and just do a bunch the normal stuff I was familiar with, coming from a guy who uses Choi in everything, including SvC Chaos :v) mostly because how much they slowed him down. He has a new juggle move (dp.Punch) that I feel has some potential.

Game is so fun, I can't wait til it's finally out @_@

Also, for people who like little juicy scraps, since I main Chang and Choi, the Atlus rep was telling me a bit about Xanadu. Apparently he has some sort of windmill arm attack and a command grab where he cradles people... to no surprise, he's a pretty weird character :v

OH thats awesome you got to play it, hows the game feel, compared to say the older KoF's that i'm familiar with? Like 2k2, 98 etc.

So team villians is just team funky fighters? :P:

Yeah, they're a bunch of goofballs :v can't wait til their trailer drops~

hmmmm... I thought the game had a unique pacing, it's not exactly like any other KoF. Maybe Max Mode makes it feel a bit like 98. It doesn't feel like XIII, which is nice imo. A lot of the characters have new changes and new combos, though for the most part their basic feel remains the same. (Choi feels very different though, like I said.)

I should also mention that I played a good bit of Sylvie and Banderas. Sylvie has a lot of quirky normals and defensive special moves. Banderas has a lot of really cool mobility options, he's a really fun char. Really enjoyed playing both of them~

Kim is Kim.

Luong reminds me of a cross between Shermie and Chizuru, with neither of their redeeming qualities, looks-wise. Fighting-style-wise, she looks a bit too close-range for my comfort.

Gang-il amuses me greatly, though I'm not the best with slower characters (though he also seems like a closer-range guy). . .wait, who the hell am I kidding, I use Kouma in Melty Blood.

Edited by eclipse

Yeeaaahhh there are my bois, lookin' sharp~ Sharp, and uh... weighty~

I still wanna see more of Choi's new move where he hops up and dives straight down, looks so fun :D

And Xanadu is just insane, perfect~ I'm guessing he helped break those two bums outta prison, and he's like... the king of the prison. At least that's the vibe I got from the stage. I mean, look at that throne, and everyone just chillin' around.

Yeah I have to agree, he doesn't really seem like my cup of tea playing wise.

But the character... it looks like he has schizophrenic fits of switching from being dumb/happy to being crazy mad (possessed?)

Look at his head, it's shaped so weird and has that weird scar thing going around. I feel like that might have something to do with it.

That being said, I'm really curious about the team's story.

Hmmm, is it just me or is Kukri too slow? I find his moveset interesting, but I'm not sure he holds up too well. Or maybe it's because he has the least flashiest moves out of his companions? Not sure, but I always wait for real matches to see what everyone is capable of.

On the other hand Mian is definitely a type of character I'd use when using this team. Her combos are looking real nasty to any opponent caught up in them.

Two out of three ain't bad (Kukri ain't my style but he looks interesting, and Mian looks amazing).

Sylvie had better have an amazing backstory, especially after one of those animations!

Sylvie had better have an amazing backstory, especially after one of those animations!

Isn't she supposed to be a former NESTS agent or something? I recall reading something like that, at least.

I'm not the only one who thinks Kukri is amazingly hot, right? Sure it's a little weird not being able to see his face and all, but hey, there are fangirls for Cry, right? Seriously, he rocks a formal v-neck, I don't think many could say they rock a formal v-neck.

Oh yeah, and Sylvie. She's kinda weird.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Mian is based on Chinese ancient opera. I was hoping she would wear badass costumes like Xiang Yu costume or Guan Yu costume. Sometimes, they wear mask. Sometimes, they paint their face. I have limited knowledge about Chinese culture so I cant recognize which character she's playing but the headwear look like it belongs to Lu Bu (lol). Traditionally, only males can be opera actor and all female characters were played by male actor so I was surprised when I heard her voice.

Edited by Magical CC