new DOOM rules y'all

good design has triumphed, doom's reboot is fucking incredible

it actually has systems in place that manage to encourage cool and varied demon murdering

i always appreciate when a game remembers to include good christian values like that

also it has the berzerker pack rip and tear

it is a mainstream fps though and we've had a modest focus on single-player fps recently - check out the two new wolfensteins if you haven't, they're bombastic

thanks ike i will definitely play it in the distant future when i am capable

so in like 3 years or something

Edited by maybe

also i'm playing on the highest default unlocked difficulty (3?) and sweet christmas the difficulty is just at a sweet spot, i always feel like a fight could go south at any time but i always have things under control/more tools i can pull out if i need to

and i use, like, all the weapons i've gotten so far. and both of the shotgun mods.

Guys guys.

The campaign is great, but I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the mulltiplayer.

Some will say that deathmatch is an umbalanced mess and that you die more at the hands of a cheap ass demon than an actual skilled player.

Buuuut.... I love the randomness of it regardless :3

i love that people unironically use the term "console peasant"

oh hey my firefox has realized that unironically is a word

Edited by Integrity

I saw a commercial for the new Doom about an hour ago. I thought "that looks kind of cool", and then I went back to reading my comic.

my roommate has been playing this hella it looks pretty okay

it's a lot more fun cheering (and jeering) than I thought it would be

integ what difficulty are you on? nightmare? iirc I told my roommate to start on ultraviolence b/c clockwork orange references

i love that people unironically use the term "console peasant"

oh hey my firefox has realized that unironically is a word

I literally just a few hours ago stumbled across /r/pcmasterrace arguing over whether it was insulting to refer to someone as a "peasant" this is no coincidence

clearly the fault of DOOM

Edited by Euklyd

I'm going to sate myself by playing Doom 2 until I can get my hands on this.

And it's only making me want it more because don't get me wrong Doom 2 is good but goddamn the amount of times the AI ends up killing each other in Doom 2.

I'm going to sate myself by playing Doom 2 until I can get my hands on this.

And it's only making me want it more because don't get me wrong Doom 2 is good but goddamn the amount of times the AI ends up killing each other in Doom 2.

That was probably one of my favourite parts of the classic Doom games. Making the mosters fight each other :^_^:

Edited by Ken Masters

i don't know if they fight each other because i murder the shit out of them too fast for me to have noticed but enemies totally catch each others' projectiles and react to them

okay yeah that's fair considering i have An Good video card and am looking into a replacement because fucking doom holy shit

806l0oC.jpg

holy shit

Is that a Plasma rifle with a chaingun ammo belt?

Holy shit indeed!

Overwatch is cool! Is basically Team Fortress 3, and I'm okay with that, so it's a nice purchase

But Doom... is just Doom

yeah i need to be really careful for the time being until i get myself a good desktop

i bought GRIP on steam and am really fucking gutted that i still get a shit framerate even on min settings.