Fates Popularity Poll 2.0

So, after receiving feedback, I decided to conduct another poll. This one asks for your opinion on all the characters using "Like", "Neutral", or "Dislike" as the options. Reddit has already voted. Now, I'd like Serenes Forest's opinions as well.

The ranked results from Reddit are here.

Vote here.

The current results are here.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rinkah's placement continues to make me want to fite ppl.

I always take these with a grain of salt for my sanity's sake. I mean people love Elise, Hinoka (wut?) and Camilla yet don't seem to particularly care about Flora who's much better written, and then there seems to be an incredible rage boner for Yukimura - what the hell has he done that makes everyone dislike him?

Edited by Thane

I always take these with a grain of salt for my sanity's sake. I mean people love Elise, Hinoka (wut?) and Camilla yet don't seem to particularly care about Flora who's much better written, and then there seems to be an incredible rage boner for Yukimura - what the hell has he done that makes everyone dislike him?

Bolded: Lack of presence in the story aside, Hinoka's perfectly fine in Birthright and Revelation? I agree though, Flora's ranking is weird. I always take these polls with a grain of salt too, especially comparing the results of say Soleil to Flora or the huge disparity between the male and female versions of Kamui and Kana.

As for Yukimura, while I don't hate him per se, I do find him bland, boring, and a waste of his fantastic voice actor.

Bolded: Lack of presence in the story aside, Hinoka's perfectly fine in Birthright and Revelation?

She's awful in Conquest, is a non-factor in Birthright and Revelation and, of course this is all subjective, I found her supports to be very dull. I just don't see why people like her. I suppose her blank slate gives her a lot of room for those "head canons" that are so popular; maybe they just like an idea of her.

He's done nothing, and I think thats the issue.

So many people dislike Peri, Hayato, Hisame, Tharja 2.0, and Asugi....

Seeing Sakura's retainers on the low end diappoints me because of the fact I'm a fanboy for them (Aigis waifu is best waifu).

I think Revelations Chapter 8 soured people's opinion on him, and he wouldn't even join your party unless you're in BR. Being a Corrinsexual doesn't help either.

I didn't realize so many people dislike Hayato.

Also is my eyes (or phone) playing tricks on me, or is Female Corrin up there twice?

Yeah I noticed too. What's weird is that more people dislike the second Fem!Corrin option then the first one.

Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

My biggest beef with Yukimura is that he's Birthright-only.

Hisame's in a worse position IMO. And THAT makes me mad.

Edited by eclipse

He's done nothing, and I think thats the issue.

Yeah but...doesn't that result in people not having an opinion on someone? That's pretty much me on, I don't know, Hinata? Oh well, to each their own.

Seeing Sakura's retainers on the low end diappoints me because of the fact I'm a fanboy for them (Aigis waifu is best waifu).

I think Revelations Chapter 8 soured people's opinion on him, and he wouldn't even join your party unless you're in BR. Being a Corrinsexual doesn't help either.

Damn Karen Strassman and her ability to make adorable voices! Aigis is awesome.

You mean not helping you the same way Corrin didn't help Hoshido? Just because Azura dumped all the necessary information for the rest of the story five minutes into the game doesn't mean Yukimura knows about it. His actions are logical, as opposed to many others in the game.

I don't understand all the hate for Hisame and Male Kana? What did they do?

I think many people see Hisame as the manifestation of all things wrong with the localization, even though only a few lines were altered, if memory serves. I don't mind the guy personally, and I think this is just another case of people being a bit misinformed and ignorant.

Kanna on the other hand is a soulless attempt at making another Morgan without understanding what made them popular in the first place.

Edited by Thane

Yeah I noticed too. What's weird is that more people dislike the second Fem!Corrin option then the first one.

I accidentally put Female Corrin up twice when I made the poll. I removed it as quickly as I could, but some people still voted on that. Ignore the second one.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

She's awful in Conquest, is a non-factor in Birthright and Revelation and, of course this is all subjective, I found her supports to be very dull. I just don't see why people like her. I suppose her blank slate gives her a lot of room for those "head canons" that are so popular; maybe they just like an idea of her.

Eh, there are characters who get it worse than Hinoka in Conquest (like Ryoma), and I found some of her supports way more interesting on average than some other characters' (Jakob's, for example). Then again, I also like a bunch of characters from Binding Blade, which is accused of having flat characters all around, so it's probably just a difference of opinion on what constitutes interesting.

I don't understand all the hate for Hisame and Male Kana? What did they do?

Can't speak for everyone, but even with his supposed pickle obsession Hisame is bland and uninteresting to me. As for Male Kana, the only thing I can think of is that the Kanas' personality is considered cute on a girl but unlikable on a boy.

You mean not helping you the same way Corrin didn't help Hoshido? Just because Azura dumped all the necessary information for the rest of the story five minutes into the game doesn't mean Yukimura knows about it. His actions are logical, as opposed to many others in the game.

Actually, Yukimura's behavior in Chapter 8 is weird.

Remember that in Conquest, Yukimura is one the least hostile against Corrin, and Corrin actually betrayed Hoshido in Conquest.

Yet, in Revelations, when Corrin refuses to choose a side, Yukimura is incredibly hostile and mocking towards Corrin.

You can't deny that it comes as off as quite strange and out of character. He had no reason to act like that, if he wasn't hostile when Corrin choose Nohr.

Eh, there are characters who get it worse than Hinoka in Conquest (like Ryoma), and I found some of her supports way more interesting on average than some other characters' (Jakob's, for example). Then again, I also like a bunch of characters from Binding Blade, which is accused of having flat characters all around, so it's probably just a difference of opinion on what constitutes interesting.

I don't know, ignoring the fact that Sakura and Takumi might be dead (at least Takumi, I can't remember if she heard Sakura was alive or not), wanting to following Corrin to convince Ryouma to let the person who willingly let all of this happen win and, of course, ignoring all of the chaos to get all shy when Camilla starts flirting with her after she lost a fight and most likely a lot of her men, if not her entire country, does not strike me as a particularly sympathetic character. But to each their own; I like Velour and a lot of people call her smelly subhuman trash (jokes on them, she canonically smells good, hah!)

Actually, Yukimura's behavior in Chapter 8 is weird.

Remember that in Conquest, Yukimura is one the least hostile against Corrin, and Corrin actually betrayed Hoshido in Conquest.

Yet, in Revelations, when Corrin refuses to choose a side, Yukimura is incredibly hostile and mocking towards Corrin.

You can't deny that it comes as off as quite strange and out of character. He had no reason to act like that, if he wasn't hostile when Corrin choose Nohr.

Pretty sure he was just trying to hold it together, facing an army and whatnot. If that's not the case, then I'd say he's more out of character in Conquest. Anyone in Yukimura's shoes should ask themselves what Corrin is up to, since they didn't officially stand up for the country being invaded by an insane person. Also, Mikoto had just died and Ryouma and Takumi had just gone missing.

I feel this way about the placement of Camilla, Xander, and the Awakening cast... And I actually liked Severa and Inigo in Awakening, I just don't want people to like characters from previous games being shoehorned in for no reason other than popularity...

But I'm glad to see that Silas isn't as hated as I thought and that Ryoma is liked more than I thought! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I voted "Don't Care" for Hisame because out of all the kids he's the only one that I REALLY don't care for. All other kids have some trait that makes me either like them or not, but Hisame is just... there.

Nina's placement supports my theory that people don't generally hate her, but her haters are extremely vocal.

Pretty sure he was just trying to hold it together, facing an army and whatnot. If that's not the case, then I'd say he's more out of character in Conquest. Anyone in Yukimura's shoes should ask themselves what Corrin is up to, since they didn't officially stand up for the country being invaded by an insane person. Also, Mikoto had just died and Ryouma and Takumi had just gone missing.

To be honest, that's exactly what I though, when I played that chapter.

But still, his actions are still strange, such his mocking behavior or the fact that he attacked Corrin, when Corrin simply wanted to talk.

Honestly, I always though that I would be more fitting if it was Saizo the boss of the chapter, rather than Yukimura.

That attitude fits Saizo way more than Yukimura.

Yuki's behavior in revelation is pretty weird considering how mellow he is when you actively fight against Hoshido. When you do that he's like ''Your mother would accept it so fair enough but I still got to do my job''

If you decide not to fight either he somehow thinks your a monster for it.

The hate for Hayato and Kana can probably be explained by Shota's just not being very popular in the west.

Soleil seems to be doing better then expected.

Given how Camilla ranked in the favorite character poll some time ago vs this one (where she rates lowest in like % of all Nohr royals, while the other three seem to be in the 70-80% range of likes), it would seem like it's more reflective of a higher percentage of people that like her having her as their favourite rather than being liked by more people overall.

It does make me a bit sad that Nyx is rated so low. I can understand why a lot of people don't care or don't like her, but I always felt she is one of most consistently well-written characters in her Supports.