The official Sothe Sucks thread

Mufasa

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but I hate her. =X No idea why..

it's the same as said before. that's no solid reason to prove uselessness(dunno if its a word)

this topic is going to go on forever.

and a better class mastery skill, and a better affinity, and better growths in spd and/or def

More move and canto would be nice. As well as more con.

too much things to work up. it's a good reason to think he's not as good as heather and/or volke. ah, and don't forget the STR

it's always the same to me. i BEXP Sothe until it caps STR, but then i realized that it's quite the same.

something i'm quite sure is that Sothe doesn't fits for the Endgame, in performance that is.

it's the same as said before. that's no solid reason to prove uselessness(dunno if its a word)

this topic is going to go on forever.

too much things to work up. it's a good reason to think he's not as good as heather and/or volke. ah, and don't forget the STR

it's always the same to me. i BEXP Sothe until it caps STR, but then i realized that it's quite the same.

something i'm quite sure is that Sothe doesn't fits for the Endgame, in performance that is.

Heather and Sothe have the same class skill and the same move, Heather has less Con, Wind is a decent affinity (+2.5 Avoid and +2.5 Accuracy), and Sothe's Spd is decent. They both end up capping all of thier stats, anyway, with BExp abuse. Heather, however, has shit Attack, especially since almost all of the enemies in the chapters she's in are Generals.

Heather's atk is hardly lower than Sothe's at all...

Her str is about 2 less than his at 20/20/1, but she gains 1-2 more from supports, and then Sothe's 60% str growth rockets off from there... all of 4 points to its new cap. Heather's max atk is even higher than Sothe's since they have the same str cap, but Heather can get more from supports. She is also free to promote before he does.

almost all of the enemies in the chapters she's in are Generals.

wtf? This is bull. 4-E(1) is almost all generals, and that's the only one.

Heather's atk is hardly lower than Sothe's at all...

Her str is about 2 less than his at 20/20/1, but she gains 1-2 more from supports, and then Sothe's 60% str growth rockets off from there... all of 4 points to its new cap. Heather's max atk is even higher than Sothe's since they have the same str cap, but Heather can get more from supports. She is also free to promote before he does.

wtf? This is bull. 4-E(1) is almost all generals, and that's the only one.

2-Endgame begs to differ.

In, say, the first few chapters. However, once he starts becoming 10~, you can just forge him a sword with full Crit and watch the enemies fall. You could even give him Zihark's Killing Edge. Mia won't be dying, sure, but she won't be able to damage anything. She's got terrible base STR. It's the same as Rolf's! The enemies in Part 1 don't have stupidly high defenses, so Edward can kill them easily. As I've noted, I don't take Transfer Bonuses into account. I will admit that the Earth affinity is pretty h4x, but you could always do Nolan and Vloug.

The DB doesn't have enough cash to validate me forging a weapon that's actually worth the extra money. I'd rather buy the first Iron Longbow that shows up before chapter 1-5, as well as the stat-boosters (other than skill books because skill largely doesn't matter).

I have to say, I find tiering units in RD pretty silly, even more so than in other FE games. You'll use just about everyone in your party at least once, except probably Fiona and Lyre and Gareth. The only bad units are ones you don't bother to raise up. Even Laguz are pretty good. (Well, Cats not so much but that's for another reason entirely.)

Well, duh. It really doesn't matter who you use now that we have BExp. It'll cause them to cap most of thier stats, anyway.

Also, the DB gets an insane amount of cash, Longbows are terrible in this game, and you don't need stat-boosters with BExp.

Edited by ChaosNinji

Well, duh. It really doesn't matter who you use now that we have BExp. It'll cause them to cap most of thier stats, anyway.

Also, the DB gets an insane amount of cash, Longbows are terrible in this game, and you don't need stat-boosters with BExp.

They get insane amounts of cash towards the END of the chapter, but early on, you're better off not spending it except just to replace weapons. Even then, you should only have to buy a spare javelin or hand axe with maybe an iron axe for Nolan/Jill.

And Longbows eventually lose a lot of their usefulness, but that Iron Longbow you can buy before chapter 1-5 makes the Part 1 maps a LOT easier. Leonardo's ridiculous skill + the ability to attack from even farther away + ledges (there's beneficial ledges in almost every part 1 map) = better than forging an extra weapon for more cash than you should be spending, in my opinion.