The official Sothe Sucks thread

Mufasa

I hope you meant Silver Knife. The context suggests it, and you can't forge daggers.

You're right, sorry. Sort of like how I always call the lance item type "spears." The words are interchangeable in my vocabulary so I tend to forget the game is more specific than I am.

All of the forced characters you have to use are awesome so I don't mind. Kurth and Ena both bring awesome skills that benefit the rest of your team so even if you don't bother to level them up to make them fight better, they still add value. Sanaki needs to be babied a bit (great chapter to do so is the desert chapter as she's one of the only guys you can bring with decent movement) but is one of the most powerful people in the game. Sothe was never really intended to be a damage dealing unit (it's just not the class type) so I don't mind if he's a bit weaker. Micaiah is pretty great, and Ike is one of the best units in the FE series.

Did I miss anyone? I think that's all you're forced to bring with you end-game.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the forced characters you have to use are awesome so I don't mind. Kurth and Ena both bring awesome skills that benefit the rest of your team so even if you don't bother to level them up to make them fight better, they still add value. Sanaki needs to be babied a bit (great chapter to do so is the desert chapter as she's one of the only guys you can bring with decent movement) but is one of the most powerful people in the game. Sothe was never really intended to be a damage dealing unit (it's just not the class type) so I don't mind if he's a bit weaker. Micaiah is pretty great, and Ike is one of the best units in the FE series.

Did I miss anyone? I think that's all you're forced to bring with you end-game.

I don't like Kurth's Night Tide. I don't find Defense and Resistance boosts very useful when having him there is more likely to be a liability than your units that should be dodging/taking minimal damage anyway. Sanaki gets doubled by Generals without Battle Save abuse. Base 2 strength = NO!!!!!!!!!!!

The words are interchangeable in my vocabulary so I tend to forget the game is more specific than I am.

I feel a strange inclination to sig that.

I don't like Kurth's Night Tide. I don't find Defense and Resistance boosts very useful when having him there is more likely to be a liability than your units that should be dodging/taking minimal damage anyway. Sanaki gets doubled by Generals without Battle Save abuse. Base 2 strength = NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Night Tide is a major boon during the final two chapters. When they do the big aura attacks, having units with skeezy resistance or defense near Kurth will save you a pretty big chunk of damage.

And Sanaki shouldn't be using anything other than her Cymbeline tome. Her speed gains are fairly good. If you can't hit 5 strength by level 10 (which is a pretty easy level to get to even if you don't favor her too much), you're just unlucky. It's only a single MT behind Rexflame anyway. Because I already had most my end-game people set up during my green haired unit run, she got a lot of action and was one of my best units during end-game. 40 magic = very yes.

Heather is great as well. She had better avoid than Tibarn when I used her last.

now that you mention it, yes. Heather is a great character as well. Since this is a "Sothe Sucks thread", everyone but Sothe are God's family :D

now that you mention it, yes. Heather is a great character as well. Since this is a "Sothe Sucks thread", everyone but Sothe are God's family :D

Lol. I'm tempted to sig that.

Volke feels like you're playing with a whole other Lord. He's got a unique ability(2 if you count stillness which takes as much capacity as Deadeye), great stats, and though his availability is quite low, he's still a tank.

Volke is probably one of the best Beorc units. He's probably on par with Elincia if he has Baselard.

Heather can't hurt ANYTHING, which is made even more obvious in Part 2, in which the majority of enemies are Generals.

Sothe is the same way. :mellow:

And I've had Heather been able to kill those dudes. She activates bane, then does them in for her second attack. Or she uses adept.

Sothe has the bad fortune to be on the DB team, where there's only one adept available, and you're probably going to keep it on Zihark cause he kicks ass with it, and he has a restricted promotion, so he can't use bane in part 3 at all.

Sothe is the same way. :mellow:

And I've had Heather been able to kill those dudes. She activates bane, then does them in for her second attack. Or she uses adept.

Sothe has the bad fortune to be on the DB team, where there's only one adept available, and you're probably going to keep it on Zihark cause he kicks ass with it, and he has a restricted promotion, so he can't use bane in part 3 at all.

I'm talking Part 2. In Part 1, Sothe is a godsend.

Heather is nowhere near T3 in Part 2.

Edward > Zihark, but I see what you mean. I usually take Resolve off Tauroneo and give it to Sothe, though, so Adept really isn't needed.

I'm talking Part 2. In Part 1, Sothe is a godsend.

Heather is nowhere near T3 in Part 2.

Edward > Zihark, but I see what you mean. I usually take Resolve off Tauroneo and give it to Sothe, though, so Adept really isn't needed.

I HATE Edward. So I won't get into that. But personally, why bother training and having near heart attacks about a unit when a perfectly good unit of the same class and better relationship with from Por comes along and does not need the constant babying that the other needs.

But, if you work on Heather alone, which would probably mean ignoring Brom and Nephenee, it probably is possible to get her to promote. On easy mode anyway.

But still. Sothe can't kill anything in Part 2 either. ^_^ Hell, he can't even harm them. XD

I HATE Edward. So I won't get into that. But personally, why bother training and having near heart attacks about a unit when a perfectly good unit of the same class and better relationship with from Por comes along and does not need the constant babying that the other needs.

But, if you work on Heather alone, which would probably mean ignoring Brom and Nephenee, it probably is possible to get her to promote. On easy mode anyway.

But still. Sothe can't kill anything in Part 2 either. ^_^ Hell, he can't even harm them. XD

Edward becomes the best Trueblade. Hell, by the time he becomes a Swordmaster, he'll be kicking Zihark's ass.

With tons of BExp. And she still won't be able to fight in Part 2's endgame.

Well, he is in an entirly different country.

Heather has 25 strength growth. Sothe has what, 60? Heather isn't killing anything without rigging/luck. Sothe is.

Heather's great for the purpose of stealing, but she's no fighter. Sothe wins.

Sothe also has the potential to come with super-amazing base stats, practically ensuring he'll cap every stat.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Heather has 25 strength growth. Sothe has what, 60? Heather isn't killing anything without rigging/luck. Sothe is.

Heather's great for the purpose of stealing, but she's no fighter. Sothe wins.

Sothe also has the potential to come with super-amazing base stats, practically ensuring he'll cap every stat.

I know. I have him come with those uber stats. ^^

But still, Heather is better suited for the role they both are. She has Pass, and there's much more to steal in the chapters she's available then the ones Sothe is.

After part one, I find Sothe to be annoying. And even in Part one, if he's not de-equiped, he's an EXP hog.

But still, Heather is better suited for the role they both are. She has Pass, and there's much more to steal in the chapters she's available then the ones Sothe is.

After part one, I find Sothe to be annoying. And even in Part one, if he's not de-equiped, he's an EXP hog.

Heather is suited for her chapters. Sothe is well suited for his. There's plenty to steal in part 1, and he's the perfect candidate for the Pass scroll you obtain.

Also in part 1 are lots of enemies Sothe won't kill, so someone else can weaken. If you transferred, he's an awesome wall. If not, he weakens even better. Buy him a Bronze Knife; that'll kill mages at best.

Yet, Sothe is still good in part 3, especially with a Beast Killer.

Remind me why you hate him.

Even then, there's not an insane amount of stuff to steal. A Vulnery here and there, but that's it. Maybe a few Javelins. A Red Gem. Unless Pass and Shade are equipped, in which nothing will attack her and she'll gain no experience, she'll be killed by the enemies she's stealing from.

Bronze Knife says hello.

Heather can't hurt ANYTHING, which is made even more obvious in Part 2, in which the majority of enemies are Generals.

How strange, 'cause she killed a transformed red dragon without Bane, Baserlard or Adept.

Sothe is one of the better characters considering the amount of shit characters this game throws at you.

Tormod anyone?

I've never actually used Tormod, (though I plan to this runthrough) but still, even if Tormod is shit, you don't have to take him to the endgame. You're never really forced to use him except in that one chapter which is pretty much a rigged bullshit chapter anyway. (How the fuck can Jill and Fiona be considered members of the army and can't be used when Zihark isn't and can? <_< And what the fuck is with only being able to pick 3(or 4, I can't remember, but regardless I hate it) units of your own?)

I've never actually used Tormod, (though I plan to this runthrough) but still, even if Tormod is shit, you don't have to take him to the endgame. You're never really forced to use him except in that one chapter which is pretty much a rigged bullshit chapter anyway. (How the fuck can Jill and Fiona be considered members of the army and can't be used when Zihark isn't and can? <_< And what the fuck is with only being able to pick 3(or 4, I can't remember, but regardless I hate it) units of your own?)

Yeah the endgame is pretty bullshit considering the choices you can make. Sothe is still a decent character though, its just that this game is incredibly unbalanced. Some units are hax and some whose purpose are to only make the game harder. Sothe falls somewhere a little above middle.

Yeah the endgame is pretty bullshit considering the choices you can make. Sothe is still a decent character though, its just that this game is incredibly unbalanced. Some units are hax and some whose purpose are to only make the game harder. Sothe falls somewhere a little above middle.

the endgame is to pick up the SS weapon wielders, except fire, light and dagger.

Alas, Baselard fits with Volke, not Sothe. THAT'S THE CATCH