Mufasa

my list is

Mia=Edward>Zihark>Stefan>Lucia

but i wouldn't know

:mellow:

That's my list exactly, ironically.

Sothe's bad, Stefan's fine.

Way to explain your though process.

@Lyle: 4 Ashera Icons? That's terrible. You could even use those on Zihark to bring HIS Luck up!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my list exactly, ironically.

@Lyle: 4 Ashera Icons? That's terrible. You could even use those on Zihark to bring HIS Luck up!

Well I don't use all 4 Ashera Icons. I was just saying that's how many are available. With BEXP and the boost from RD, I usually only have to use 1 for him Max.

And I tried giving Zihark Adept once. He activated it like once or twice. Granted I gave it to him for Endgame-2 and took it away for the final level, but still, I'd rather give it to someone else.

Well I don't use all 4 Ashera Icons. I was just saying that's how many are available. With BEXP and the boost from RD, I usually only have to use 1 for him Max.

And I tried giving Zihark Adept once. He activated it like once or twice. Granted I gave it to him for Endgame-2 and took it away for the final level, but still, I'd rather give it to someone else.

ANY character can cap almost all of thier stats using BExp. It's not a fair arguement.

Edward and Mia would activate it every other turn.

ANY character can cap almost all of thier stats using BExp. It's not a fair arguement.

Edward and Mia would activate it every other turn.

Oh. Shit. I meant Sothe. Not Zihark. *Fixes Typo.*

Still, my Edwards always get screwed in some way. My Stefans always turn out great.

So I consider them equal.

As for Sothe, if he wasn't forced, I'd have no problem with him. Because then I could chose him if I wanted. But I don't. But I can't chose to not use him. I have to put up with his weak STR. A forced character should be able to kill something in one attack phase when they're capped in all stats.

Oh. Shit. I meant Sothe. Not Zihark. *Fixes Typo.*

Still, my Edwards always get screwed in some way. My Stefans always turn out great.

So I consider them equal.

As for Sothe, if he wasn't forced, I'd have no problem with him. Because then I could chose him if I wanted. But I don't. But I can't chose to not use him. I have to put up with his weak STR. A forced character should be able to kill something in one attack phase when they're capped in all stats.

That's a terrible arguement. Edward's a character when it really matters; in Part 1. Once he starts gaining levels, you can easily forge him a blade due to the large amounts of funds you get, or give him the Killing Edge you get from Zihark, and he'll be a great asset. Stefan's useful for what? The desert chapter? By that time, you should have a Swordmaster raised.

*Ninji uses Bench on Stefan! It's Super Effective!*

Also, Sothe actually has some decent strength... in Part 1, when it really matters.

Edited by ChaosNinji

That's a terrible arguement. Edward's a character when it really matters; in Part 1. Once he starts gaining levels, you can easily forge him a blade due to the large amounts of funds you get, or give him the Killing Edge you get from Zihark, and he'll be a great asset. Stefan's useful for what? The desert chapter? By that time, you should have a Swordmaster raised.

*Ninji uses Bench on Stefan! It's Super Effective!* HAHA DISREGARD THAT LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW SOTHE SUCKS!!!

Can we do that, for god's sake?!

Can we do that, for god's sake?!

We can't. Sothe does not suck.

Stefan is inferior to Zihark, Mia, and Edward because they'll all have the same or better stats than him 3-4 levels lower, except possibly speed and skill, which will cap anyway.

*Ninji uses Bench on Stefan! It's Super Effective!*

Also, Sothe actually has some decent strength... in Part 1, when it really matters.

Just because he's good in the beginning doesn't excuse him for his shit in Part 4 and a lot of 3.

And just because Stefan has a low availability doesn't mean he's a terrible unit. I'd rather save my funds.

Zihark is much better than Edward. Plus Edward's an annoying little shit on a personal note. He's friends with Leonardo, and thus he sucks by association. XD

Let's just agree to disagree on the swordmaster subject and get back to Sothe.

Just because he's good in the beginning doesn't excuse him for his shit in Part 4 and a lot of 3.

And just because Stefan has a low availability doesn't mean he's a terrible unit. I'd rather save my funds.

Zihark is much better than Edward. Plus Edward's an annoying little shit on a personal note. He's friends with Leonardo, and thus he sucks by association. XD

You're joking, right? Edward is even BETTER come Part 3 and 4.

On what? You don't use Promotion items in this. XD

Way to provide reasons, which I have.

Generally, it does. Except, he's even better in parts 3 and 4...

Generally, it does. He has one map, half a map, before endgame. [sarcasm]I agree, money is a major issue in this game[/sarcasm] Stefan is good for two things: the Vague Katti, and a replacement TB if, for any given reason, you chose not to use any of the others.

Bias....

Sothe is great.

I like Stefan for personal reasons and hate Edward for personal reasons. Regardless of stats. Which when it comes down to it, I could probably manage to get both of them to cap everything using BEXP and such.

And as for Sothe, I never said I get RNG screwed with him (Though I have seen him get speed screwed more than once.) I have the broken Por thing that pretty much makes him able to cap everything before he gets to level 10 rogue.

What I DID say, was that his STR cap is low. And even with the best weapon, and the support from Micaiah he still barely kills anything.

If he wasn't forced or if they gave him 2 more points in STR, I'd have no problem with him. Well, I do think he's a pompus, but as far as usefulness that's it.

I like Stefan for personal reasons and hate Edward for personal reasons. Regardless of stats. Which when it comes down to it, I could probably manage to get both of them to cap everything using BEXP and such.

And as for Sothe, I never said I get RNG screwed with him (Though I have seen him get speed screwed more than once.) I have the broken Por thing that pretty much makes him able to cap everything before he gets to level 10 rogue.

What I DID say, was that his STR cap is low. And even with the best weapon, and the support from Micaiah he still barely kills anything.

If he wasn't forced or if they gave him 2 more points in STR, I'd have no problem with him. Well, I do think he's a pompus, but as far as usefulness that's it.

Personal reasons are, quite possibly, the worst reasons to say "This character's better!" The only difference is that Edward is useable most of the game and Stefan isn't.

That's not Sothe's fault. It's the class's fault.

Personal reasons are, quite possibly, the worst reasons to say "This character's better!" The only difference is that Edward is useable most of the game and Stefan isn't.

That's not Sothe's fault. It's the class's fault.

True. I personally like to use other DB units. And Stefan (for me anyway with Por boost) comes good enough. So I bench the bitch and wait for the great. (More bias.)

And yeah, I guess it isn't Sothe's fault himself, but he's the most obvious scapgoat. So I blame him. *Kills Sothe.*

Because it's a real formal fucking forum, isn't it. Shove off.

Stefan has fine bases, fine growths, a fine weapon, fine everything in anything that matters. He's a fine choice to make your go-to trueblade, since he takes no work and turns out the same as anybody else in that position so it's preference between him, Zihark, Mia and Edward (on, Idunno, normal) that will probably win the day. He's fine.

Sothe's alright for prepromote stuff. There's not much to him.

It's not that interesting a thing to go into detail about.

Sothe doesn't suck. He's one of the most helpful units in the game. He's promoted from the start, and is a HUGE help for the DB, which are the hardest chapters in the game (it's insane how neccesary he is in HM chapters.) He can effectively wall and kill pretty much any enemy there.

When part 3 roles around with all the laguz, buy the Beast Killer and Sothe should be able to one round all the tigers, and once he starts to double the cats, he should be able to one round them too.

He's nearly invincible in part 1 and fairly durable throughout part 3. Once part 4 rolls around...yeah, he won't be hurting a lot, but I still think he's a high tier character because he is very helpful during the hardest parts of the game.