How far are you guys?

So I'm gonna be beating the game soon, really close to the end now. Just fucking around now in the arena and grinding detritus to make Kiria and Tsubasa less shit lol. Ellie has been so clutch for me with savage enemies. Her special that can fatal depending on skill is amazing, with the accessory that gives +30 skill it becomes pretty reliable. She's currently the only character that has a stat over 100 lol. Touma is also a god, good physical damage along with getting access to debilitate is just insane.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it to Chapter 5. Did a bunch of side stories between the chapters, and my team's levels are a nightmare. Itsuki's fine, but everyone else is varying shades of painful. This is with Watchfulness on as many people as possible.

Still loving this game to bits.

Made it to Chapter 5. Did a bunch of side stories between the chapters, and my team's levels are a nightmare. Itsuki's fine, but everyone else is varying shades of painful. This is with Watchfulness on as many people as possible.

Still loving this game to bits.

I feel you man. I'm at the same spot and itskui's like 3 levels ahead of everyone. In a game like this where leveling gets pretty well spread out I've seen no need to bench anyone (except I don't use mamori where I can someone else) but this is the unfortunate side effect I guess. My real problem though is 5-star prestige though. So many unities blocked off just because I need more.

Also the enemies behind the green walls can go die in an Arcfire.

Edited by PeaceRibbon

You are welcome, but I don't think I did anything special. I thought that the game looked great and just didn't want people who like RPG to overlook it. I'm really glad that most people that did give the game a chance are satisfied with it.

I was just got myself killed multiple times yesterday too while playing (chapter 3), but somehow destroyed the boss of chapter 3, so I'm changing the difficulty to Hard now to see how well I will fare, but I think the game is pretty well balanced, even in Normal.

Give yourself some credit. It was a time when most people just ignored the game at best and bashed it down to the abyss of darkness at worst. Your arguments did convince some people (me at least) and sometimes a positive attitude is the only thing needed.

Currently in chapter 2 but RL called so now I can't play as much (for a week at least). But I just want to plaaaaaaay!

Itsuki's characterization is a bit of hit-or-miss for me. On one hand, he has no motivation for anything and has nothing distinctive him, other than going way out of his way for others (which is just some typical protagonist trait). On the other hand, he can be quite clever and perceptive (instead of all the dumb obvious moments anime heroes always have to trigger) at times and depending on your choices, Itsuki can be quite teasing, eliciting funny responses from the other cast. So he is not quite as annoying as Corrin nor as interesting as Robin IMO.

Itsuki's characterization is a bit of hit-or-miss for me. On one hand, he has no motivation for anything and has nothing distinctive him, other than going way out of his way for others (which is just some typical protagonist trait). On the other hand, he can be quite clever and perceptive (instead of all the dumb obvious moments anime heroes always have to trigger) at times and depending on your choices, Itsuki can be quite teasing, eliciting funny responses from the other cast. So he is not quite as annoying as Corrin nor as interesting as Robin IMO.

By going out of the way to help people, he has to go through all the training and practice on an industry he wasn't even interested in at the beginning. That's quite some dedication.

No one can say "I fight for my friends" louder than this guy.

I'm on Chapter 5 Intermission... trying to do some side stories of characters I like for the wiki (SF's). Yes, I'm picky as hell. And I'm stuck on Mamori's last side story. Anyone know where I can get that ore? >_> So I can also add that info to the wiki as well as finally finishing her side stories.

I also wish you could use four party members instead of three. I also accidentally left Touma behind but I'm liking Mamori as a unit and then the third one is Tsubasa and Yashiro. If I could have the Persona usual number, it'd be Itsuki, Mamori, Tsubasa and Yashiro. I don't get why Atlus didn't let us use four.

I feel you man. I'm at the same spot and itskui's like 3 levels ahead of everyone. In a game like this where leveling gets pretty well spread out I've seen no need to bench anyone (except I don't use mamori where I can someone else) but this is the unfortunate side effect I guess. My real problem though is 5-star prestige though. So many unities blocked off just because I need more.

Also the enemies behind the green walls can go die in an Arcfire.

Mine is more like 5 levels ('cept Yashiro, who's only three levels behind). I blame the enemies one-shotting the ones that need the experience. . .or maybe I just suck. ;/

Still doing Chapter 5.

I adore those enemies. Savage enemies that are five levels above Itsuki that appear in places like 106, however, can eat Agidyne.

Also, rare enemy farming is lame, so unless I find a better source of Macca converters, the vast majority of my cast will be short a weapon.

I made it a policy to keep Itsuki downed so that the team can have more evened out levels in my first run. In my second run, I pumped everyone with DLC level ups since my ultimate goal was the secret boss.

[spoiler=Rare enemies / Savage enemies]Savage enemies depend on the highest level of your group, and is independent of the place they're found.

Rare enemies appear at the same locations over and over, and can be easily farmed. Since they always drop the same Performa, they're actually easier to farm than the other Performa types.

[spoiler=Rre enemies locations]South of 1-13 in Illusory Shibuya area 3

At 1-5's location in the west treasure room of Illusory Daiba

I'm on Chapter 5 Intermission... trying to do some side stories of characters I like for the wiki (SF's). Yes, I'm picky as hell. And I'm stuck on Mamori's last side story. Anyone know where I can get that ore? >_> So I can also add that info to the wiki as well as finally finishing her side stories.

[spoiler=Mamori 3]Set B 1/F, near treasure box 3-1 in this map.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I'm on chapter 5, but I can't figure out the riddle in Daiba....
Like I know I'm supposed to connect the note with the rooms, but I don't get behind it at all.

By going out of the way to help people, he has to go through all the training and practice on an industry he wasn't even interested in at the beginning. That's quite some dedication.

No one can say "I fight for my friends" louder than this guy.

That's true, but there is no motivation at all for his dedication (which must be tiring as hell). Like, no need to prove himself or that he is soon going to die or that he is unable to stand aside and always have to meddle. He just... does it.

It's not a bad trait but there is nothing interesting about and, at some levels, it doesn't feel human. If a friend of mine tagged along on all the training and studying and working I have to do (which benefits my health or career or prospects) without anything beneficial for them, I would raise more than an eyebrow.

I beat Chapter 4 yesterday, and...

The Chapter 4 dungeon was pretty annoying, but also thankfully shorter than I expected it to be, and they were generous with the warp pads. Yashiro went down during both tries of the boss fight to one Fatal Shot from Ellie. Excellus was the real threat during that boss fight with his Ma-dyne spam, and it took bringing Tsubasa in to cast nothing but boosted Medias and participate in Sessions to keep Itsuki and Mamori alive long enough to finally take him down. Unlocking the ability to have the sub-cast participate in Sessions has really opened up the game's possibilities and, more importantly, makes fights go even faster. I did end up kicking the difficulty down to Easy because of Lorenz, but now that the longer Session chains are available I may kick it back up.

The game's continued focus on Tsubasa is a detriment, not because of the idol singer aspects, but because she like Itsuki is lacking in the personality department and is basically "generic childhood love interest." Also, Barry is a creep who gives off serious sexual offender vibes and I'd really wish he'd stay far away from Mamori. Other than Itsuki, Tsubasa and Barry I'm fine with the rest of the cast. I wouldn't call them well-written, but they're likable and entertaining enough. Really, even Itsuki and Tsubasa aren't anything more than just boring, and certainly aren't offensive or loathable like Barry is.

That's true, but there is no motivation at all for his dedication (which must be tiring as hell). Like, no need to prove himself or that he is soon going to die or that he is unable to stand aside and always have to meddle. He just... does it.

It's not a bad trait but there is nothing interesting about and, at some levels, it doesn't feel human. If a friend of mine tagged along on all the training and studying and working I have to do (which benefits my health or career or prospects) without anything beneficial for them, I would raise more than an eyebrow.

It gets even worse in the realism department when you realize that Itsuki supposedly doesn't even want anything to do with the entertainment side of things (especially apparant if you refuse to join Fortuna in the beginning), but the story quickly forgets this.

I'm on chapter 5, but I can't figure out the riddle in Daiba....

Like I know I'm supposed to connect the note with the rooms, but I don't get behind it at all.

Check out the map on the gamepad.

I beat Chapter 4 yesterday, and...

The Chapter 4 dungeon was pretty annoying, but also thankfully shorter than I expected it to be, and they were generous with the warp pads. Yashiro went down during both tries of the boss fight to one Fatal Shot from Ellie. Excellus was the real threat during that boss fight with his Ma-dyne spam, and it took bringing Tsubasa in to cast nothing but boosted Medias and participate in Sessions to keep Itsuki and Mamori alive long enough to finally take him down. Unlocking the ability to have the sub-cast participate in Sessions has really opened up the game's possibilities and, more importantly, makes fights go even faster. I did end up kicking the difficulty down to Easy because of Lorenz, but now that the longer Session chains are available I may kick it back up.

The game's continued focus on Tsubasa is a detriment, not because of the idol singer aspects, but because she like Itsuki is lacking in the personality department and is basically "generic childhood love interest." Also, Barry is a creep who gives off serious sexual offender vibes and I'd really wish he'd stay far away from Mamori. Other than Itsuki, Tsubasa and Barry I'm fine with the rest of the cast. I wouldn't call them well-written, but they're likable and entertaining enough. Really, even Itsuki and Tsubasa aren't anything more than just boring, and certainly aren't offensive or loathable like Barry is.

It gets even worse in the realism department when you realize that Itsuki supposedly doesn't even want anything to do with the entertainment side of things (especially apparant if you refuse to join Fortuna in the beginning), but the story quickly forgets this.

You actually did "kill" Yashiro in the fight ? I didn't even know that was possible.

I died to Lorenz 5-6 times, it was the first boss I fought after switching the difficulty to hard, if he hits you with anything, that's pretty much a guaranteed kill for him.

I don't share your impression of these characters, but I can certainly understand why you feel that way. I kind of like Barry, he switches between being incredibly rude and really funny/silly.

I finished Chapter 4 and did a lot of side stories in the Intermission afterwards.

[spoiler=Chapter 4]I did much better than I expected against the semi bosses (except the second one, he hits really too hard and the adds are terrible) and the boss encounters of that chapter, first try for two of them, with only 2 turns for the first semi boss fight (not going blind really helps, but I kind of wish I was for the discovery aspect).

I was taken by surprise during the second Eleonora side story, I managed to survive, but I wish they warned you before putting you through the last fight. I'm really impressed with how Kiria and Yashiro VA manage to change their tones.

Edited by Avk

It could have potentially worked out, if the game had set up Itsuki as a manager-in-training, since that's what he basically does anyway: making sure his friends are in form and emotionally relaxed, helping on various training regiments, participating in them to get a sense of what they are doing (he is training in everything after all) and is the leader during battles. That could have been his motivation: Because he does a good job.

Now I am just at chapter 2 so I am not sure if he does develop that way but something tells me to not get his hopes up, because, unless the core of the story is so, Japanese medium don't really portray management skills as anything "cool". Even Maiko, the president of Fortuna, barely gets any "management" action.

I know that it's somehow related, but I can't make sense out of it. Maybe I'm just too blind.

Try save scumming.

Save each time you enter the correct door. And keep reseting or loading every time you get a wrong door.

I know that it's somehow related, but I can't make sense out of it. Maybe I'm just too blind.

[spoiler=Chapter 4 dungeon spoilers]The rooms are placed just like the screens are. Like :

[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ]

[ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ] [ 0 ]

For example, if something is displayed in the 6 screen, you need to go in the room which is at the same place the screen was, ie. the first room starting from the left in the lower row.

Sorry if I'm bad at describing this, hopefully you'll still understand what I'm trying to explain.

Edited by Avk

[spoiler=Chapter 4 dungeon spoilers]The rooms are placed just like the screens are. Like :

[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ]

[ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ] [ 0 ]

For example, if something is displayed in the 6 screen, you need to go in the room which is at the same place the screen was, ie. the first room starting from the left in the lower row.

Sorry if I'm bad at describing this, hopefully you'll stil understand what I'm trying to explain.

the simplest things I swear... Though then I question the existens of the note you get

Beat Chapter 1 last night. Holy moly that dungeon was loooooooooooooooong. Left to heal, restock, and perform Unities four times. But it was really fun! I'm having a blast with the game. So I beat Chapter 1, and also completed Touma's first side-story, which was really fun.

My characters are all level 15

the simplest things I swear... Though then I question the existens of the note you get

[spoiler=Chapter 5]I don't think using numbers inthe example is a good idea, since you get a note with numbers on it (thus leading to potential confusion). Avk's example is for Chapter 4, but you're in Chapter 5.

Basically, you should look at the numbers on the screens before you enter the maze. You then enter the six rooms in order as the note says. Remember to look at the GamePad map to confirm your current position after each time you enter a door.