Would you like to see a revamp of Gaiden?

Jedi

And yet it's the only game with supports where characters who prior to the games events didn't know each other at all can't find some common ground to talk about without one of them being a shameless Mary Sue?

Latter statement is an opinion, since yes, I prefer the supports in 6/7/8/9 to the ones in 13 (and what I read off this site) of 14's. Opinions differ!

You haven't even played Fates. You can't make an adequate judgement of those supports without actually reading them. You actually do a disservice to characters like Orochi and Charlotte who are two of the best written characters in the entire series.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't even played Fates. You can't make an adequate judgement of those supports without actually reading them. You actually do a disservice to characters like Orochi and Charlotte who are two of the best written characters in the entire series.

This site has most of the supports on the wiki, I read them off there. I could even give you the link.

Children, please. You're going off-topic.

I guess this was a side story to the main topic...

ba dum tshhh

Edited by OliKad

I still like the idea I presented in the thread about FE7 being remade.

If the concern is Avatars being inserted, there should be a mode that features the story rewritten for the inclusion of an Avatar and a mode that just doesn't include them, to stay true to the originals in story content.

Essentially, if the features like the Avatar or marriage supports are liked, they can be used, if they're not liked, they can be ignored.

The issue isn't the features themselves. It's that the developers seem to think that because we bought the game, we should be fine with having features rammed down our throats.

The other day I nearly suffocated myself on a single slice of bread because I tried to give myself hiccups (don't ask) and the feeling of something being rammed down my throat (though entirely by my choice in this instance) isn't one I appreciate!

Now if this can be forwarded to the devs, we're in business.

I still like the idea I presented in the thread about FE7 being remade.

If the concern is Avatars being inserted, there should be a mode that features the story rewritten for the inclusion of an Avatar and a mode that just doesn't include them, to stay true to the originals in story content.

Essentially, if the features like the Avatar or marriage supports are liked, they can be used, if they're not liked, they can be ignored.

The issue isn't the features themselves. It's that the developers seem to think that because we bought the game, we should be fine with having features rammed down our throats.

The other day I nearly suffocated myself on a single slice of bread because I tried to give myself hiccups (don't ask) and the feeling of something being rammed down my throat (though entirely by my choice in this instance) isn't one I appreciate!

Now if this can be forwarded to the devs, we're in business.

I'd actually be totally for this, seems like a compromise to make both sides happy. Probably the best solution, though FE7's Tactician was probably the best avatar implementation from a plot standpoint (it was rather pointless gameplaywise) because it was entirely irrelevant and thoroughly ignorable if Lyn mode is skipped (though there's no real reason to skip LHM outside challenging yourself, it goes by fast and gives free exp!)

I just never thought of it, guess I was too much of a pessimist.

The problem isn't so much your pessimism, but the fact that not enough people are suggesting the idea. If enough people highlight the idea, then it'll eventually have to happen. Honestly, I'd like to play both sides of that coin.

Trying to think positive comes rather naturally to me so half the time, give or take, I have to suggest ideas to people and give them the courage to get excited about what COULD happen.

Honestly, I feel like I'm stalked by video game developers as well, so I may be trying to manipulate that possible connection for my own ends. It's creepy when you think about it, but if you think further into it, it's really a positive sign.

Don't really have tips for increasing optimism though. =/

The problem isn't so much your pessimism, but the fact that not enough people are suggesting the idea. If enough people highlight the idea, then it'll eventually have to happen. Honestly, I'd like to play both sides of that coin.

Trying to think positive comes rather naturally to me so half the time, give or take, I have to suggest ideas to people and give them the courage to get excited about what COULD happen.

Honestly, I feel like I'm stalked by video game developers as well, so I may be trying to manipulate that possible connection for my own ends. It's creepy when you think about it, but if you think further into it, it's really a positive sign.

Don't really have tips for increasing optimism though. =/

The idea would probably have to spread to the Japanese fandom, at least. There's no real guarantee, though.

Oh, I'm normally more optimistic. Just, not when it comes to IS. A lot of recent actions on their part caused me to lose faith in them. v('~')v

The idea would probably have to spread to the Japanese fandom, at least. There's no real guarantee, though.

Oh, I'm normally more optimistic. Just, not when it comes to IS. A lot of recent actions on their part caused me to lose faith in them. v('~')v

Then what we do is collect as many Japanese fans on SF as possible and try to convince them to help spread it around. If we can accomplish that in some way, I'm sure things'll turn out decently well at least. Hopefully.

Then what we do is collect as many Japanese fans on SF as possible and try to convince them to help spread it around. If we can accomplish that in some way, I'm sure things'll turn out decently well at least. Hopefully.

Wouldn't it be simpler to spread the idea on Japanese fansites?

(I don't speak any Japanese, so while I do go on pixiv and niconico, I don't think I can do that)

That's why we start here. There's plenty of fans on here that speak multiple languages so could certainly see the appeal behind it and explain it in Japanese to the Japanese that can't speak multiple languages.

It's a domino effect. We place the idea, have it spread and fan out like wildfire. All we need to occur is proof that both sides are very much wanted.

While this may help, IS has seen a lot of success with their most recent direction, I know if I was in there shoes and had as much success as Awakening & Fates did (love Fates changes to the mechanics overall don't get me wrong here).

I'd be hard pressed to change from it, however while IS has played incredibly safe of late I think their mass profits could lead to some interesting risks, but I don't know if fans can influence that, IS isn't like Bandai Namco who usually takes fan feedback to heart, (See the development of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2). While I think its important somewhat, they see em more as suggestions, and generally alot of fans in Japan love the avatar, which is why it has stuck since fe12, although I did hear they didn't like the marriage system sticking around in Fates.

although I did hear they didn't like the marriage system sticking around in Fates.

Understandable as to why. With Awakening it works because it defines key character traits and the like, but in Fates, it's kinda shoehorned in for little reason. There's no justification for it outside of fanservice but... that's a touchy subject for some.

It just felt forced, even regarding some of the supports.

I should probably drop this before we break the topic from what it was initially...

Haha, noted, I just felt like addressing my thoughts on the matter.

I think revamping FE2 in ways would be nice, but i'm not sure how much should stay true to how it was, and how much should be altered for familiarity and such. If I ever did a fan version I'd probably try to keep alot the same, but change them up to be more modern, thinking over how I'd do that.

Speaking if Avatars, I believe Gaiden is the best game, gameplay-wise, to introduce an Avatar should it get remake, due to how the villager class works in this game.

Not sure how it would affect the story though.

There is barely any story to speak of, but I think people would be irritated if after all this time we didn't delve more into Alm and Cecilia.

Funny thing is, FE2 has a Robin and Kamui.

Edited by Jedi

I do agree about the idea of modernization for familiarity. Though I still feel it should be an optional feature. It'd give you more freedom in deciding how you want to play. Which at least bears the concept of: "You can't please everyone, but you can certainly give it a try".

Of course I've never personally played Gaiden, so it's a great opportunity to consider it, but at the same time, I tried emulating Genealogy a fair while back... that... wasn't as quick as the GBA entries (understandably) so pretty much the speed difference is actually the biggest thing that deterred me.

Maybe that's why I want the option to turn off modern features... to experience them as they were, but with update mechanics...

Kinda makes me want a remake of the Tellius series...

The speedup feature on most emulators help with the FE4 experience, I personally adore the older FE's (and I like the newer ones too).

But like have an old school mode? Basically is what your saying, I like that, kinda reminds me of Megaman Powered Up for the PSP, you could do the main game with the new stuff added or like classic Megaman 1 stuff.

I actually think mine was really slow whilst speeding up... or I just couldn't find the speed-up button...

But basically, yeah, that's what I'm getting at. It becomes accessible to newer players with more familiar players not having a reason to complain about anything other than minor nitpicks. All the while keeping preference in mind.